Unless you're a zombie

So I created this team because I was a little bored and I always wanted to test out some different pokemon and see how it turned out. This team is doing alright, winning 85% of the time. However with a few tweaks I believe this would be an awesome team. I am open to critism and would love to here your ideas because i know you have them! (unless your a zombie) So lets get started.​

Nature: Adamant
252 Hp/ 80 Att/ 172 Def
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy​

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin​

I turn out using donphan as more of a sweeper then for rapid spin support and for stealth rocks. I mean with 125 base attck, how could I resist? Oh well i guess that is just my fault. I really his ability is very useful because i can fire off at least one move

Nature: Jolly
4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Blaze​

Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Swords Dance​

Infernape causes many pokemon to switch out, that way i can grab a swords dance and wreck havoc. My only problem is that i wish it was a little faster to counter dd users and genesect. Other than that I really have no complaints for this pokemon. I prefer not to use the classic mixed infernape so I can concentrate my evs more. He is my alternate sweeper besides salamence and really comes in handy.​

Nature: Modest
4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability​

Tri Attack
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Hidden Power Fighting​

I realized my team was physically oreintated so I decided that I needed more special fire power. At 135 base special attack I figured this guy was the right wierd computer pokemon thingy for the job. And it is, it can totally blast pokemon out of the water with tri attack. I figured that 90 base speed was good too but apparently smogon says no! Do you know any pokemon with an awesome movepool that can preform porygon-z's duty that is a little bit faster? (Damn that is a mouthful). Is Porygon-z really that slow?​

Nature: Naive
252 Att/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie​

Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Blast
Brick Break​

I love this guy, he can sweep whole teams and can also act as a wall breaker, He is the main sweeper of my team and accompained by infernape...he can take on Arceus. I really love this pokemon so I have no complaints for this beast.​

Nature: Timid
252 SpA/ 4SpD/ 252 SpD
Item: Life Orb/ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard​

Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Hidden Power Fire
Focus Blast​

What the previous psychic types on my team had wrong with them, (slowbro and reuniclus), is that they either needed time to set up or were too slow. Alakazam fits the offensive look of my team better then the other two. So far it has done its job (which is to be able to fire off powerful attacks without setting up). The only problem i have with alakazam is i cant decide either focus sash or life orb. I know each item has its own purpose so i am going to leave this to you. Which item is better for my team?

Nature: Jolly
4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket​

Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Low Kick​

This guy was designed for two things- to be the best Dragon slayer and ghost spooker. And it does its job like nobody else. He also acts as my revenge killer. I really have no complains for this guy.​

So thats my team and I hope you like it. Be sure to post your ideas because i know you have some! (unless your a zombie)

First of all, it's "Unless you're a zombie". Sorry had to throw that in.

Anyways, since Mence seems to be your main guy that comes in and sweeps up and eliminates threats. But with those pesky steels running around I would recommend Fire Blast over Fire Fang the difference in base power is noticeable even though Fire Fang is physical. Also I would replace Draco Meteor with Earthquake to avoid being locked into a stat lowering move and gaining more coverage.

Lastly to make sure Salamence has the room to sweep, I would replace Porygon-Z with a Magnezone. A standard sub set should do the trick and also free you of having dual scarfers that you seem to be disliking.

Magnezone Set

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe

Substitute
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon

Thanks but i tried magnezone out and he has horrible synergy with my team. I get what your saying but i have infernape to take care of steels. I am sorry to say it but it looks like that you're a zombie. (By the way, I keep saying that just to help the title catch people's attention :)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello, and welcome to Smogon!

First off I suggest replacing Fire Fang on Salamence with Fire Blast and Brick Break with Earthquake and Draco Meteor with Dragon Claw to give you the most well rounded movest as possible. Fire Blast hits much harder and can nail Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory on the switch much harder than Fire Fang could. Earthquake gives you a stronger move against Heatran, Tentacruel, and Lucario. I also suggest changing Slowbro to a much more basic, but better spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Bold to make sure he can consistently switch into Terrakion, Dragonite, and Salamence. I also suggest changing your Weavile to a spread of 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe Jolly @ Life Orb | Pressure to maximize it's offensiv capabilities. Weavile has a neat niche in the metagame, and this is allows it to fulfill being a fast and powerful sweeper.

I notice how you lack a true Dragon resist, and although Weavile can Pursuit out the Lati twins and Ice Punch away other Dragons, Hydreigon still can easily switch out and come back in to wreck at least one Pokemon. You really do need something to tank those powerful Draco Meteors and Outrages. Rotom-W is also an annoyance as it can Volt Switch / Hydro Pump your entire team, only fearing Salamence, who can't even manage to KO with Outrage on the standard set. You also have trouble with Tornadus - T and rain in general. Sun sweepers like HP Ice Venusaur, Sawsbuck, and Volcarona all can be problems also. It is for this reason I suggest you try out both Life Orb Gastrodon and Heatran over Infernape and Porygon-Z.

Gastrodon @ Life Orb | Storm Drain
252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers | Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Protect

Good luck!

This looks like an interesting team. My only suggestion would be to replace donphan with specially defensive celebi.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs:252 HP/224 SpD/32 Spe
Giga drain, HP fire/ice, recover, perish song

Celebi is pretty bulky and it adds some coverage for walls like jellicent that can take out mence with ice beam or steel walls like ferrothorn. HP fire will take out ferrothorn and giga drain will take out jelli while gaining hit points (HP). Celebi also works well with slowbro and celebi's natural cure ability would help with status effects. Again, this is to make sure mence does not inflicted with a burn, paralysis, or toxic.

Thank you for your advice and i made some updates. The reason why i didnt use heatran or gastrodon is that my infernape ironically takes care of the threats you mentioned. Anyway thanks for your advice though i still will love some advice!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

This is a pretty nice team- however, there are some pretty big weaknesses to set up sweepers. To help with it somewhat, there are just a few smaller things I think you should fix:

Donphan needs a new set. I would give it Stone Edge instead of Ice Shard to beat Volcorona- who is a massive threat to your team. With Sturdy, it can live a hit- and then OHKO back with Stone Edge. However, be warned- Stone Edge only has a 31% chance to OHKO, and with that and the fact that SE only has 80% accuracy, you might want to change its spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe Adamant so you can secure the OHKO, and only worry about hitting.

I'd give Infernape Leftovers instead of an Expert Belt, Blaze instead of Iron Fist, and Flare Blitz instead of Fire Punch. Flare Blitz is definitely preferred over Fire Punch because of the hordes of more power it gives you. The recoil won't be nice, so Leftovers will help you there. Expert Belt is not really a good move on Infernape, because everything it hits Super Effectively will be fainting after a boost anyway. Leftovers Flare Blitz also does more than Expert Belt and Iron Fist Fire Punch- so you're not losing much on that end. Blaze is better than Iron Fist because not only will Iron Fist be useless without Fire Punch, but also because Flare Blitz's recoil will eventually bring you down that low, giving you a 50% boost in power, so you can wreck even more pokemon in your opponent's team.

I would also suggest that you switch Reuniclus's Psychic with Psyshock- it allows you to beat other CM pokemon such as Latias one on one, and it also hits Terrakion harder than Psychic does in Sandstorm. Bulky SubCM Latias is definitely a threat to your team, as if it's behind a Substitute it can take Weavile/Salamence's moves and then OHKO back with Dragon Pulse.

Pickpocket fails if you have an item, so Pressure is definitely the way to go on Weavile. Pressure lets you burn down the PP of lower-PP moves- though, given Weavile's terrible bulk, you won't be able to take many hits. Still, it's better than nothing.

Cool team, hope I helped!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. This is a cool team, but the lack of a Steel-type to take on dragons is extremely troubling to me. I'd second the use of Heatran over Infernape. However, unlike PDC, I'd recommend using an offensive Heatran, to keep the motif of offense that your team seems to have garnered. Having an offensive Heatran gives your team a way of killing off pesky Steel-types, such as Scizor and Genesect, that impede your Salamence's progress and another Dragon killer, relieving some pressure from Weavile to keep them in check. Weavile can help keep the Chlorophyll sweepers in check with its Ice Shard, so a specially defensive set is less needed. Also, since Water-types appear to be a problem, I'd recommend the use of Nasty Plot Thundurus-T over Porygon-Z. Nasty Plot Thundurus-T is faster and stronger than Porygon-Z, and after a Nasty Plot, it can 2HKO and OHKO many common components of stall teams, which can bring the offense in this team grinding to a halt. It also gets better STAB and the ability to outpace many of the common Pokemon sitting at the base 100 threshold.

Now, for some nitpicks. Weavile doesn't need max Speed to outspeed Tornadus-T. A spread of 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe with a Jolly Nature gives Weavile just enough speed to outspeed max Speed Tornadus-T and OHKO with with an Ice Punch. I'd also recommend the use of Life Orb over Focus Sash, since Weavile isn't living long, and it wants all the strength it can get. Alternatively, if you want an even larger Attack boost at the cost of being locked into one move, you could use Choice Band. For Alakazam, I'd recommend the use of Life Orb and Charge Beam over Hidden Power Fire. Life Orb ramps up Alakazam's damage output at no cost to itself, and Charge Beam gives Alakazam the ability to start a late-game sweep. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Sets:

Thundurus-T (M) @ Life Orb | Volt Absorb
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Nasty Plot | Thunderbolt | Focus Blast | Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon | Flash Fire
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Fire Blast | Earth Power | Hidden Power [Ice] | Toxic

Nitpicks:

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe ----> 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe

Life Orb
Hidden Power Fire ----> Charge Beam

The last move on Heatran is filler, since you have Stealth Rock covered on Donphan. For now, Toxic is there since it incapacitates opposing Volcarona that don't have Substitute or Rest. Other than that, I don't have much else to say besides nice team and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)