Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2021 - Finals [Won by Team US South]

Status
Not open for further replies.

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Germany (3?) vs US South (4?)

mind gaming vs Christo: haven't seen anything from christo in SS while mind gaming has shown to be competent so far, his game vs TDK in R1 coming to mind. christo could take it if he's in form and/or gets good matchup but i'm seeing his opponent taking it.

Relous vs Eo Ut Mortus: relous is a wonderful player and is coming off an absolutely killer SPL (awoo) but eo's on a tear again and he's nigh unstoppable when on one. his overall SS record in the last 3 tours is like 23-6, fkin insane lmao. he's also a more than adept builder, and a creative one at that, while relous will probably rely on his teammates to a good degree which gives eo a solid edge. definitely my personal HL, looking forward to it.

xray vs FlamingVictini: xray's been doing decently but not particularly great imo, whereas FV has been as solid as always. both have a tendency to bring some...shaky teams here n there but i don't think either of them will this time and atm i'd bet on FV taking it in an even playing field.

Gefährlicher Random vs FMG: felix has definitely been living up to his name lately, and some would say FMG has been doing the same. hoping FMG bounces back this game and tbh i'm sad we didn't get to see him play john last round but o well. betting on felix.

MAX UND MAX vs HSA: lots of clicking and malding from their teammates inbound here, going to be highly entertaining!

MichaelderBeste2 vs Ox the Fox: neither of them have been particularly exciting so far, but i think ox has been a bit better playing wise. i do think mdb2 has had better team choice though, so idk could go either way. slight edge to ox.

Lord_Enz vs TDK: TDK somehow got into form after being useless in snake 4 (he made only one contribution throughout the whole tour (it was attack-less mew)) and while lorenz has had some nice showings this year, TDK's experience counts for a lot as far as im concerned. i also would say he's played overall better thruout the tour and he's also been winning everywhere else, too.

Dragon Claw vs TPP: honestly very unsure who's gonna win this so i'll take the coward way out. both of em have had a pretty good WCOP all things considered and they are pretty evenly matched based on what i've seen in their recent games. spl12 wolfpack face-off in the finals is killer, hoping for a good one.

both teams would be deserving victors imo, altho i'm rooting for south cuz i wanna see Bouff with a trophy (and also all my other friends on south but cmon, bouff with a trophy? simply iconic). eo winning another one would also be great. hf to everyone, excited to see the outcome.

Los geht's Jungs, die kommt nach Hause :mad:
Germany has shown great potential, with an incredible amount of new(ish) talent. Runs like these make me question my initial stance of being super against full current gen OU because u really do see so many new people try out and / or succeed in tournaments, promising people. Its much easier to bond with your teammates and help each other in this format, and having at least one tournament of this type seems like a very positive thing overall.

As for south, you love to see the bounce back. Eo keeps being extraordinarily impressive, I've admired his style the most in the past ~2 years (asked both tony and suapah/gene to get him as my literal top priority but nothing ever came of it). TDK I've always been the biggest apologist of, great to see him back in good form, and TPP has gone from the most wholesome user to most wholesome user while being the next 3 letter behemoth at the same time. Super happy to see u pop off TPP keep going strong. The rest of US South is also pulling it's weight big time, I particularly wanted to outline those 3 players because I think they are also carrying the builder, and even more importantly, South's biggest hope to win the trophy by going into a tiebreaker.

Since I'm expecting this to be an absolute bloodbath, I won't even try to do predicts. I will however say that I favor Germany if they can end it during the normal series, and South if they can tie the first 8 games and go into a tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)