Project The Lunatic's Workshop

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
hey guys i thought of a cool way to spice things up, during the building phase we will now allow any and all participants to send in teams using any nomination that received votes! this way i can also see which teams are actually good and recruit more people
so in while waiting for teams to come out yall can post your own teams with dhelmise horoark or runerigus! cheers

hey quick thing, the ability stealing resets when the mon is switched out so runerigus is only really good against HO, which sacks instead of switching
It's not only good against HO, it can be good against other playstyles too. Things like coming in on Alomomola flip turn and stealing its regenerator, therefore preventing them from healing while also healing off the flip turn damage yourself due to gaining regenerator is a prime example of it being useful against balance. It can also steal magic bounce from Mega Sableye against stall, forcing them to take a will-o-wisp, steal scrappy from Mega Lopunny - usually resulting in you walling it and therefore forcing it to switch, stealing technician from Mega Scizor reducing its damage output by 1.5x and potentially clicking will-o-wisp against it, stealing Zamazenta dauntless shield and beating it 1v1 due to taunt preventing it from clicking substitute to avoid will-o-wisp and it being immune to body press. Even things like stealing Moltres flame body coming in on a U-turn, stealing Mega Mawile/Medicham huge power, significantly reducing their offensive presence, or stealing Ursaluna's guts.

The mon has a lot of potential as a physically defensive support mon due to the aforementioned as well as providing a niche as a Ground and Ghost type. If it had a better typing for a physical wall such as Fairy or Dragon without having to exhaust tera then it would be a much better mon though.

Edit: forgot to mention the whole point is that while yes, they can switch, the point is that it has a few ways of capitalising on those forced switches such as clicking willo or potentially rocks and can shut down potential sweeps/breaking attempts by stealing crucial abilities that some mons rely on.

hey guys i thought of a cool way to spice things up, during the building phase we will now allow any and all participants to send in teams using any nomination that received votes! this way i can also see which teams are actually good and recruit more people
so in while waiting for teams to come out yall can post your own teams with dhelmise horoark or runerigus! cheers
Have a team for Hidin's Idea

:sv/dhelmise: :sv/heatran: :sv/samurott-hisui: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/scizor-mega: :sv/tapu lele: (click sprites for the team)

:dhelmise:
Dhelmise
This team is built around Dhelmise, a great check to some of the top meta threats like Ogerpon-W, Urshifu, as well as checking defensive mons like Ferrothorn and Toxapex. Tera poison is ran to not get poisoned from miscellaneous stuff. While being a ghost type, Dhelmise acts as an excellent spin-blocker by defensively checking Great Tusk and Iron Treads, the meta's best spinners, which is why this team's archetype is hazard stack.
Due its ghost typing, its also immune to fighting type attack which threaten Heatran and H-Samurott.

:heatran:
Heatran
Heatran is a great partner for Dhelmise, checking any Ice, Flying and Fire type mons threatening Dhelmise. Heatran is the Stealth Rock setter of the team while also helping M-Scizor with its fire weakness due to its ability, Flash Fire. I've ran taunt over toxic to stallbreak by staying in and trapping mons like Toxapex, Chansey etc. and heavily dent them, if not killing them with Magma Storm + Earth Power. Heatran also acts as a great psychic sponge allowing it to easily take hits from mons like Tapu Lele and setup rocks or trap and kil Tapu Lele.

:samurott-hisui:
H-Samurott
H-Samurott is a great mon for the team due do it setting up Spikes with Sharpness boosted, STAB Ceaseless Edge. It acts as a great speed control mon with providing good damage out with Razor Shell and Ceaseless Edge, removing annoying items like Lefties, Damp Rock, Heavy-Duty-Boots from mons like Landorus-T, Pelliper, Toxapex etc. using Knock Off and Flip Turn for keeping momentum. I've ran tera poison on it for surviving fairy, fighting and grass type attacks and picking up KO's on chipped mons like Tapu Lele, Iron Valiant and Charizard-Y.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-T
Now, we needed a Electric and Ground immunity. Gliscor and Landorus-T are the only mons that not only, have an Electric and Ground immunity but support a team with hazard removal in form of Defog. I personally went for Landorus_t because this team needed a Physically defensive wall.
It runs Earthquake as a STAB damaging move capable of denting mons like Heatran, M-Diance, Iron Crown, etc, U-turn for keeping momentum, Defog for hazard removal and Toxic for spreading a deadly status to the opponent.. I've ran tera water and Landorus-T for helping it with Urshifu-R and Ogerpon-W while pivoting out with U-turn to bring a better check.

:Scizor-mega:
M-Scizor
M-Scizor is a great teammate as it adds another psychic sponge to the team as well as being a great wincon with Swords Dance and techician boosted Bullet Punches and Knock Off. Bullet Punch is ran for a strong STAB priority that deals a good amount of damage even if resisted. Knock Off helps with removing crucial items like Lefties and Rocky Helmets from the likes of Heatran, Corviknight, Alomomola, etc, Roost is ran for longevity.. As said earlier, Heatran help with Scizor's fire weakness via Flash Fire.

:Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele
Choice Specs Tapu Lele is a great wallbreaker with absurd raw power, being capable of breaking through Slowking-G with Psychics and Croviknight, Heatran Focus Blasts. Most people expect a Choice Scarfed Tapu Lele whenever they see one, but choice specs is a really nice surprise factor. The hazard + Knock Off Pressure chips down a lot of mons ultimately being led to their doom to Choice Specs Tapu Lele or M-Scizor. Moonblast and Psychic are powerful STAB moves ran on Tapu Lele that deal an absurd amount of damage to a majority of the meta. Psyshock is being run to obliterate those bulky Spdef mons on the weak Pdef Side. Focus Blast provides coverage against steel types like Heatran and Corviknight. Tera psychic is being run to avoid being OHKO'ed by a Heavy Slam from a Choice Band Zamazenta, OHKOing it in returnand having boosted psychic moves. Tapu lele also stops any priority moves that threaten any chipped teammate due to psychic terrain.

So yeah, that's the end of the team description.
This team was a nice yet painful experience to build.
(If Hidin ignores this post, I'm gonna cry)

Last edited:

Ineros

Time to enter new Realms and reroute!
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey hidin and everyone reading this, here is a team with dhelmise that I built!
:dhelmise: :Corviknight: :Tapu lele: :Garchomp: :garganacl: :Toxapex:
Dhelmise was an interesting mon to build. Unlike other cycles I made multiple different structures, but I ultimately decided on this one. Dhelm was always one of my favorite mons that I wished was good but it never got off the ground as to how one would use it. Anyway let’s get to the team.

:dhelmise: This is the star of the team. It’s not really that good of a mon considering what I did in testing but it has some neat uses. For one, it checks sd Glisc and Zama, some of the most dangerous wincons in the tier, while also being decent into Garg and pex with Tera. Anchor shot never really trapped anything in my experience but it can be cool to trap a pex or badly played Garg. For this team, it does pretty well into sd Glisc and Garg here while also being a good secondary switchin into shifu and zama. The lack of ghost resists that can safely come in on an anchor shot is also surprisingly low, being only limited to ting Lu which takes a sizable amount of chip long term. It also makes kart and pin more bearable matchups. It can also potentially trade with a lot because of its good power and sd. Synthesis helps with checking mons like shifu and kart better. Oh and by the way I changed the Tera to
:Corviknight: This helps pivot against lele much easier so then stuff like chomp (if specs) can come in and rkill it. If it’s scarf lele just stay in because it doesn’t do enough to you. It’s also a ground immune and a fogger, which provides nice role compression for this team. Its also a Weav check which dhelmise likes a lot, while also taking off the pressure of dhelm needing to check grounds (since it doesn’t do that except against sd Glisc well). Fogging is also nice for Garg chomp and dhelm. Besides that this is rhelm, which is super nice on Corv because you can punish Weav and taunt lando much better.
:Tapu lele: This is the team’s speed control. It also helps against raging bolt which is nice. This tier’s speed control options are horrible but hey this works. Besides being speed control there is nothing else to say really, just that it helps revenge stuff against offense because dhelm really struggles into offense. It also likes dhelm taking care of gking and Garg teams because they can scout what scarf lele tries to do if they find out you are scarf.
:Garchomp: This is the ground and rocker that we have. Chomp is a good choice for a team built around a mon that hates fires like Tran yard and Volc. Not only that, it’s also a great breaking presence that can set rocks effectively because of its ability to threaten foggers like zap and lando with drag z. It is also drag z instead of rock z because of this team’s inability to threaten ting Lu greatly. It also likes dhelm taking care of rkillers like kart and zama.
:garganacl: Garg is a good partner for dhelmise because it helps alleviate the torn and zapdos matchups. Besides that, it is the main wincon built around here along with chomp. It deals with torn and zap as mentioned before but with Tera dragon you also gain good matchups into pon and yard. You also check koko which is nice, Tera or no, because you can get easily chipped by hp ice on the main electric resists although admittedly dhelmise can check it well for what it’s worth. Idbp Garg appreciates dhelmise taking advantage of sd Glisc, zama, and gking while also switching in on stuff like shifu and kart so then Garg doesn’t have to Tera hog as much.
:Toxapex: Pex is just such a good defensive mon. It’s the main fighting, fairy, fire, and water resist which is super good role compression. It’s also a check to idbp Zama that isn’t a completely bad mon in general as well as mlop. Besides that pex helps check and scout threats like weav, Darkrai, and Volc. Tera Steel is used to check lele better while also making the bolt mu much more bearable. Toxic Spikes is also an option to wear down the darks for dhelmise, although this means you aren’t able to immediately punish something like Darkrai or Tornt.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2125845570-y7wacdx7egucwsc8s259q76dev7n6c1pw Although I didn’t play against the best team in the world, this was the only game where I got dhelmise to actually do something. If I get a better game with it I’ll replace this replay with that.
Thanks for reading!

:pmd/runerigus: :pmd/ferrothorn: :pmd/darkrai: :pmd/tapu-lele: :pmd/corviknight: :pmd/garganacl:

This team is pretty much just ur usual balance team but with a shitmon on it.

:runerigus: is a pretty good rocks setter,can will o things and has nice stabs in polter and eq.Its problem is that it has no recovery, not even pain split, they did this thing hella dirty im ngl.
:ferrothorn: always a good mon to have on teams like this
:Darkrai: Specs Darkrai has to be one of my most favorite mons this gen, with rocks up this thing shreds through almost every mon in the meta with stab dark pulse.
:tapu-lele: Rai+Lele is a nice offensive combo, as they can overwhelm most mons while also covering for each other's weaknesses.
:corviknight: Removal+ can punish mons that like to u turn around a lot
:garganacl: Can win late game if u removed the right mons, besides doing usual garg stuff.

Oculars

THE SHEIKH OF SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
CYCLE 7 NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSION
Hey everybody, we may still have a few more teams rolling in but cycle 7 is now open for set submission.
You have until may31st to post sets for the next week of voting, good luck everybody lets bring the heat with this one!

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Hidden Power: Ground
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

this is the greatest volcarona set i’ve ever used. the ev’s are used just to outspeed zamazenta at +1. +1 hp ground ohko’s max spdef heatran, one if it’s most popular checks. another big check is garganacl which gets ohko’d by tera grass giga drain at +1. this thing is only weak to like mega tar and moltres and toxic chansey. which would make it a great partner to mega diancie.

Last edited:
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Heavy Metal
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Body Press
Used this a lot back before the SV DLC days, and while the team I used it on still works today, I don't think its very optimal. Basically, this is mostly a standard m-aggron set, but switch out stealth rocks for taunt, which can really bully some stall teams that try to chip it down with hazards or status, or any team that trys to recover off m-aggron's damage. Could work well with wish support, but idk if mola would be any good.

1716564634184.png

:SV/revavroom:
Revavroom @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Fire / Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Gunk Shot
- Shift Gear
- Temper Flare / Iron Head

Oculars gave me the idea to cook up a Revavroom team not too long ago and I'm not gonna lie it was a great idea

It's a simple set up mon, there isn't anything too deep about the set on the surface. It has solid stats that can actually threaten a lot of mons, but only after a shift gear or two. a single shift gear let's vroom outrun Booster Energy Iron Valiant, which is actually really nice.

The real heat (literally and figuratively) comes from this move
1716566513550.png

picture this
you're a plus 1 vroom and you're clicking gunk shot vs some shit like the ogerpons or iron valiant, and your opponent switches into a steel type like corviknight or ferrothorn. Normally you'd go, "shit I gotta switch this thing walls me". but with temper flare, you now have a 150 bp fire move to absolutely run steels over.
now imagine if that was boosted by tera.
now imagine if that was boosted by tera and under sun *wink wink nudge nudge*

"but heatran" click high horsepower, ggwp

if that isn't your style tho, you can just run tera flying and iron head over tera fire and temper flare.

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Atk / 200 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Flip Turn

EV spread lives 2 Gliscor EQs and just generally lets it tank CCs and things like that allowing it to comfortably check things such as Urshifu, Waterpon, and even Ferro thanks to Liquid Ooze. It essentially just functions as a mon to come in, spin or knock and then flip out. Genuinely has a solid niche and is surprisingly splashable. 4 Atk evs guarantees the 2hko on Waterpon with Poison Jab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)