GG The Godly Gift Open - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art by MiniArchitect

Welcome to the Godly Gift Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations.
  • OM Grand Slam VII information.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Godly Gift ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found on Smogon's strategy dex.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.

Round 3

StitChuu  vs  Kinetic1000
Osake  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ
maroon  vs  luisin
Jordy  vs  Chazm
Nihilslave  vs  damflame 3
lockjaw  vs  Fc
beauts  vs  pannuracotta
DugZa  vs  quojova
Bread Sandwich  vs  in the hills [*DNP]
MAMP  vs  Ivar57
lepton  vs  jonas
iapt  vs  Palapapop

Deadline is Monday, February 14th, at 4:59 PM GMT+1.
Reminder : Swift Swim is banned so Mantine is unbanned !

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Predictions

StitChuu vs Kinetic1000 - I think both players are of similar skill level, but I assume StitChuu is gonna get passed better teams, could go either way
maroon vs luisin - maroon has been around for awhile and is a more than capable player. On the other hand, luisin has been solid in most of the opens and is currently qualifying for slam. Should be a good match, but I'm giving the advantage to maroon
Jordy vs Chazm - Intriguing matchup, these are two of the better players left in the tour. I think Jordy is a slightly better player than Chazm, but Chazm does run broken builds in every tier. Will be a tossup, but I think Jordy's teams and his playing will be good enough to win here. Unfortunate that one of them has to get eliminated
Nihilslave vs damflame 3 - Gonna be honest, I don't know too much about Nihilslave. I think they are a bh main and they are pretty good? Not sure. I do know that damflame 3 is having one of the better runs in the open, he is flying under the radar atm. I am somewhat confident that damflame 3 will win only because idk much about Nihilslave (sry prove me wrong :p)
lockjaw vs Fc - Fc in a tier that allows an Uber? I like those odds. I don't know anything about lockjaw, but that name is kinda valid and they joined smog in 2014. Favoring Fc here
beauts vs pannuracota - beauts voted ban on swift swim? Yeah I GUARANTEE that beauts is losing. Also pannuracota brought original builds in omsl
DugZa vs quojova - quojova has 69 messages, would hate to see that number go up on a win post. DugZa qualified for OM Circuit last year, while quojova is the reigning BH Seasonal champ. Two very good players, however I can't bold quojova for obvious reasons
Bread Sandwich vs in the hills - I think bread sandwich mains ag and is quite solid in that tier. ith the hills had to play trick room 3 games in a row last week. I genuinely don't think that it gets tougher than that, no shot hills loses the rest of this tour, would bold him vs anybody 2-0's the rest of the way 100% id bet my life on it, quarter me if im wrong
MAMP vs Ivar57 - These two also play each other in bh open this week, and my prediction is that they will split each open. I believe that MAMP will win in bh open, however Ivar57 will win in godly gift. These are two of the best players in bh, but I think Ivar57 generally performs better in other tiers than MAMP
lepton vs jonas - lepton is fragile (but not that fragile), and jonas is formerly Jomatoes. lepton did make om circuit finals this past year and is an nfe main. jonas got first blood last week, and that gets a lot of bonus points from me. Gonna vote for the better name change to win this set, although this game could literally go to either player, seriously, any of these two could win against each other any given game
iapt vs Palapapop - Low key one of the matches I really want to see, iapt farmed Ren last week and is looking to make a final push in both mnm and gg opens to qualify for slam. On the other hand, Palapapop recently beat ut and is really underrated as a player and washes me in stab. Both players are really solid and are looking to have a breakout tour. Bolding iapt cause usne is goated. This set should be one of the better ones this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)