FOR THE GUYS The Church [Tutorial]

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
This thread was made using my own personal beliefs and ideas on God. This thread can be read and hopefully understood by everyone, Christian or not. This thread is not meant to push my beliefs on others or devalue anothers belief system.

As a child and sometimes even now I have a distaste for Church. It was boring and I never understood the scripture. It always felt like a chore to go and sit for an hour to be preached to about a topic that wasn't really important to me. I think that as a kid this is probably a pretty common thought. Church isn't fun and it's not all that interesting either. I still hold this view today. I partially think that this was due to my parents constantly pushing me to indulge in religious practices and learn about the scripture. I am not upset that they did this as I think it gave me a foundation on which to learn about and pursue God on my own.

I find the church to be a service for Christians to receive and participate in holy sacraments. I think that this is one of only reasons to attend church. As I've gotten older and formed my own opinions and beliefs on what It means to be a man I've begun to realize my place in my own life. I've begun to pursue God on my own time. I believe it to be more important to develop your own personal relationship with God rather then participating in public worship.

There are things that have happened in my life in which I am able to grapple with because of my faith. I can talk about these personal experiences and what I've gained from them below if asked.

TL:DR
It is more important to develop a personal relationship with God rather doing so in Church

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This post was made using my own personal beliefs and fingers on my keyboard. This post can be read and hopefully understood by everyone, poster or not. This post is not meant to push my beliefs on others or devalue anothers belief system.

hi every-one whats up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)