SV Ubers Throwback Team

This is my team for SV Doubles Ubers. I created this team a long time ago, before any DLCs. Like most of my old teams, I thought it wouldn't hold up to today's meta, but it has stood the test of time.

bonnet (Murkrow) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Perish Song
- Haze
- Tailwind
- Thunder Wave

My signature pokemon, Murkrow was added at a time where it was the best pokemon in the format. Time has passed, and it is not nearly as good, but it still does its job. With Tailwind and Thunder Wave, it effortlessly controls the speed of the game, and its signature Haze allows it to remove set-up like no other pokemon can. Perish Song is good in general, but has a specific purpose that will be revealed later. Murkrow is an ace in the hole that can shut down almost any threat.

hyde (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 80 Def / 240 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

bonnet's favorite partner in crime, hyde the Grimmsnarl is another great support pokemon. The classic screens are great, and it also has Thunder Wave. Together, bonnet and hyde can paralyze two pokemon at once, and it also ensures that easy access to speed control is always available. Dazzling Gleam might seem odd, given Grimmsnarls bad special attack, but with fairy STAB, it can still do decent damage. The spread move lets it chip both foes at once, and it hits some pretty important pokemon for super effective damage. Conveniently, the dark types that are immune to bonnet and hyde's prankster shenanigans are scared of Dazzling Gleam. And with 203 speed, it can outspeed the raidons after its partners Tailwind, allowing it to hurt Miraidon and kill Koraidon.

roomba (Miraidon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Electro Drift
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge

Miraidon earns its nickname for being great at cleaning and sweeping. After Choice Scarf, it can outspeed all pokemon in the format. With devastating power, it can sweep entire teams with spread moves. Tera fairy not only boosts its Dazzling Gleam, but also is great defensively. While Discharge can hurt allies, a Light Screen from hyde can reduce its damage, allowing it to spam it without too much loss.

respectre (Flutter Mane) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

roomba's other half, Flutter Mane fulfils largely the same role as it. Together, they can take down both pokemon with Dazzling Gleam. While it does not have the speed of roomba, respectre still can surpass the 405 speed tie with help from Thunder Wave. Besides, two pokemon with Choice Scarf would significantly reduce flexibility. The two sweepers cover each other, putting up an offense that is hard to get past. And as a neat bonus, roomba boosts respectre's Thunderbolt. Since it is outsped by a few things, Focus Sash helps it remain on the field.

snack (Tatsugiri) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Commander
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Icy Wind
- Muddy Water

Obviously, Tatsugiri is only here to boost Dondozo. But there is more to snack than the average Tatsugiri. Normally, the main weakness of Dondozo is that since Tatsugiri is both invulnerable and inactive, you have only one pokemon to fight two. But after bonnet sings her song, snack is so inspired by it that they finally do something useful: die. This allows the superpowered behemoth to fight alongside another pokemon. Its survivability is made easier by screens, and snack's moveset, which lets it live longer, so that Dondozo is not burdened by it for more than one turn. It is not just defensive, however. Even uninvested, it still sports an ok special attack. With two spread moves, it can chip away at foes from the safety of substitute the few turns before its demise, like a conspiracy theorist spreading misinformation online from their bunker. These moves also have the added effect of lowering speed and accuracy, hurting an offensive pokemon's ability to do things. With defensive investments, Protect, Substitute, a Focus Sash, and tera steel, it is practically guaranteed to survive the three turns.

big boy (Dondozo) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Order Up
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Body Press

The star of the show, Dondozo earns his title of big boy. This nigh invulnerable colossus can be a nightmare for teams to face alone, made worse by the addition of a teammate. Every member of this team is optimised to work well with each other, and nowhere is that more obvious than with big boy. With Murkrow, he can spam Earthquake all he wants without worrying about hurting a team member, while bonnet supports him with Tailwind and Thunder Wave. With Grimmsnarl, he is supported by screens and Thunder Wave, and Reflect reduces the damage he deals to his ally with Earthquake. With Miraidon, he can tera ground to let roomba spam Discharge to their heart's content, or use Earthquake while roomba teras, mounting an unstoppable offence. And respectre can survive an Earthquake with Focus Sash or tera flying.

There are a few things about my team I am unsure of.
For Murkrow, I am unsure if I should drop Haze, as Perish Song can do the same thing in many situations. I also wonder if I should drop Tailwind or Thunder Wave, as there uses overlap in some scenarios, and if it has the right tera type.
For Grimmsnarl, I wonder what the best EV spread would be, as I am unsure how much I should invest in special attack. I also wonder if its tera type is the best.
For Miraidon, I wonder if I should replace Electro Drift and/or Flash Cannon, and if it has the right tera type. I also wonder which defence stat I should invest in.
For Flutter Mane, I wonder if I should replace Power Gem and/or Thunderbolt, and if it has the right tera type. I also wonder if I should equip booster energy instead.
For Tatsugiri, I wonder if I should drop Icy Wind or Muddy Water for Rapid Spin, and if I should invest more in its attack.
And for Dondozo, I wonder if I should change the investments, and if I should drop Body Press for a different move, probably a water one. I also wonder if I should give it Oblivious instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)