Suspect SV BH Suspect #4: Mega Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
:sm/diancie-mega: MEGA DIANCIE SUSPECT:sm/diancie-mega:

//////Tea GuzzleraugustakiraTTTechChessking345
Mega DiancieSuspectSuspectSuspectQuickban
Following a council vote, BH is suspect testing Mega Diancie!

WHY:
It's been pretty clear from recent BH that Mega Diancie has been a hot tiering topic. The reason why is pretty simple; it just doesn't have particularly many defensive answers. Thanks to Rock STAB and the bomb that is V-create, two of Fairy's resistances are (for the most part) bypassed, leaving pretty much only Poison-types, Primordial Sea Registeel, and rare Soundproof users as truly solid checks. Add on to this that Mega Diancie also regularly slots in Speed control with Extreme Speed and hazard support with Stone Axe, and you end up with a terrifying attacker that can swamp a lot of defensive cores while scaring off things that might force it out.

Mega Diancie also has a decent amount of set variety that can mix up what checks it. Mixed with Pixie Plate is the most common set, but Life Orb can be used for V-create -> Extreme Speed to KO neutral Arceus formes (and some misc ranges like Boomburst 2HKOing Celesteela), Ground moves (like Headlong Rush or, on Specs, Earth Power) are more niche but provide an easier time dispatching Arceus-Poison and Primordial Sea Registeel, and even Population Bomb to deal a huge chunk to neutral Ice Scales users (like Arceus-Fairy). Alternatively, its Choice Specs set boasts higher instant power, straight up 2HKOing most Mixed switch-ins like Registeel and Ice Scales Arceus (with hazards up) and forcing earlier healing from foes, which can be exploited with either blocking Strength Sap or simply out-lasting Recover. This is all to say that Mega Diancie isn't just a one-trick pony; it can mix up what it's using (even if it is always Pixilate) to essentially pick and choose its checks.

This isn't to say that Mega Diancie doesn't have checks; they're pretty sparse, but they do exist. Arceus-Poison is the go-to, as it offers a Boomburst resist without being ruined by the most common coverage options (Rock and Fire), and the fact that it runs both Fur Coat and Ice Scales adds uncertainty to any attempts to snipe it with something like Headlong Rush. Other Ice Scales Arceus formes, like Fairy and Ground, can soft-check it; Mega Diancie cannot contest these if they are already in, as they tend to shut down anything Diancie wants to do thanks to Take Heart. Mega Diancie is also slower than Arceus formes and often lacks recovery, meaning it's usually played in a pivot-heavy strategy that relies heavily on RegenVest or Teleport users, similar to other Choice Item users. Soundproof, while quite rare, also largely shuts off anything Diancie tries.

HOW:
During a Suspect test, each player must climb the ladder until they've acquired the GXE necessary to participate in the voting. Primarily, everyone that participates needs to make an alt account following these guidelines:
  • Every game must be played on the official Pokemon Showdown! server and on a new alt (created on or after today, January 12th 2024) beginning with "BHDIA". Having the prefix at the start is mandatory; for example, "BHDIALUP" would be allowed, but "The BHDIA Account" would not.
  • To qualify for voting, the alt must achieve at least 82 GXE and 30 games played. For every game below this, the GXE requirement falls by 0.2%, bottoming out at 78% GXE at 50 games played. See the table below for a full list.
  • Mega Diancie will be allowed on the ladder during the suspect period.
  • The suspect will end on January 29th 2024 at 11:59 PM GMT+0.
  • It is mandatory to prove ownership of the alt account.
  • When posting your reqs, feel free to discuss whether you think Mega Diancie is banworthy or not (optional).
With all that being said, it's suspect time! The voting will be held in the Blind Voting forum, so posting anything other than proof of reqs and discussion isn't necessary.

Last edited:

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
first reqs wooo
1705080043806.png

went 24-0 and lost twice to the same stall (first time idr why, second time i sacked my mon to bulwark burn for no reason)

voting ban. massively centralizing in the builder to the point where using an arc not designed to check diancie is nearly impossible, also has a pretty trivial time punching through walls given how few there are and the great coverage at hand. the fact that people are using scales arc-psn basically solely as a diancie check should tell the story well enough.

Screenshot_20240114_190240_Chrome~2.jpg

Team: https://pokepast.es/f353544abd8ed5a9

I had a very fortunate run that went smoothly. Basically every game was against random people who frankly didn't have a real team so that was nice. I think I'll vote ban just because I want to see a change in the meta. MMX, Chomp, Kyu B and Diancie have had their time in the spotlight for long enough. I think a Diancie ban would encourage people to look beyond to find other mons to try. Another thing is that Diancie forces Poison Arc on almost every team. I don't know about you but I'm kinda bored of Take Heart Fur Scales Arceus in general. While I do think everyone will still run THFS Arc, I'm hoping the removal of Diancie would open up other types and maybe other sets, though I'm not very optimistic on that latter statement. After Diancie is gone I expect the number one threat in the meta to be Chomp and Kyub. Obviously they won't fear getting ohko'd by Diancie Espeed anymore and they have enough power to ohko a lot of mons with CB SOR. On the other hand, they are quite slow and weak to Burning Bulwark so maybe it will be manageable. I still dislike the idea of losing a mon when your opponent has the right coverage and make one prediction though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Irella

Banned deucer.
Screenshot_20240116-180134_Chrome.jpg

I was 25/1 ): first time playing bh used the teams posted here mainly the one from rofna (also used the one giagantic posted but ngl that is like one of the worst teams i have ever played)
As for diancie i dont have enough experience in the tier to rly say anything meaningfull about it but i feel like this tier is way to defensive and stally so i dont think banning diancie would help the tier

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 20-44-25 ToiriX vs. BHDIA Celestia1 - Showdown!.png
azumanga-daioh-azumanga.gif

Send Mega Diancie directly to hell where its unholy torment may be a testament to its wretched life and wicked ways. Its skin flayed and viscera scattered about, it will weep and cry but it will only bolster the resolve of its tormentors, for they hate it. It will know what true fear and pain is, but it will be no solace for there will be no end and no escape. Its eternity will be soured with an anguish like one could never imagine. Its skin will crack like desert soil, and its veins will bleed like the Tigris and Euphrates, but never enough to quench the thirst of its abusers. Hell is now as hell will always be, has always been, but the fear bleeding into its eyes, its scent, and its resolve is a new heaven to me.

https://pokepast.es/230645ef1d55c17a used rightclicker's RMT

Last edited:
1705873459255.png

It truly befuddles me as to why people believe that Diancie-Mega is broken. Most well baked body pokemon can counter its sets. Arceus-Poison as well, which is quite a good set has a strong match up vs. it. Imposter can be very good into Diancie-Mega as well. Pokemon such as Ice Scales Mega-Swampert (Purple Frog) also has such a good match up vs. Diancie-Mega. The mon is one dimensional and average. I mean we can also look at its abysmal 50/110/110 defensive stats. The mon dies to anything descently strong. We haven't even mentioned mons like soundproof Slowbro-Mega which hard wall it. I will be voting dnb. I urge everyone to maintain the sandbox tier that BH is, and not have it succomb to such limitation ban after ban, until it's not fun anymore. I'm not looking forward to playing vs. Big Stall after the Diancie ban because it seems like everyone here is banning it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)