Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
"

Hello, people! Today, I'm gonna showcase a STABmons hazard stack team that I built a while back.

Basic Breakdown:
The team centers around Tyranitar, which gained two amazing new toys in Ceaseless Edge and Stone Axe, which set up hazards and actively do damage at the same time. Its sand supports Ting-Lu, giving it a stronger shore up. Great Tusk was a natural choice for hazard removal, as the point of a hazard stack team is to maintain its own hazards. Scarf Gholdengo is used to exert additional pressure against offense, as well as to trick away its item to cripple defense. Water Absorb Clodsire was chosen to shore up the team's matchup against water types. Finally, Ditto was used to revenge kill any setup threats that the rest of the team might struggle with.

1682873506685.png

Lone and Level (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Ceaseless Edge
- Stone Axe
- Shore Up

Tyranitar is the center of this team. In conjunction with the two hazard moves, Salt Cure is used to force extra passive damage on opponents in conjunction with sandstorm damage, and is especially nasty against the bulky waters and steels that might otherwise switch into it. Shore Up is used for its great reliably recovery in sand. Tera Ghost is for avoiding fighting type attacks.

Colossal Wreck (Ting-Lu) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Ting Lu is an amazing defensive Pokemon in its own right, but pair it with reliable recovery, the ability to pivot, and the all around excellence of Knock Off, and you've got a behemoth of defense on your hands. Tera Poison is used to flip the script on many of its regular weaknesses.

King of Kings (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

This is a pretty generic Great Tusk set. Shore Up provides reliable recovery, while Thunderous Kick helps to slowly wear down certain bulky targets with repeated hits.

Ozymandias (Gholdengo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 108 Def / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Infernal Parade

Scarf Gholdengo with this defense investment lives something that I don't really remember. Infernal Parade and Toxic Spikes have great synergy with one another, as parade has a chance to burn Toxic immune foes.

The Heart That Fed (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Shore Up
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake

This Clodsire basically gets up Tspikes, acts as a secondary spinner, and has reliable recovery. I chose Water Absorb and Tera Fairy to better handle Walking Wake, but it might be possible to experiment with other types and unaware now that it's been banned.

Shattered Visage (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Fake Out
- Court Change
- Boomburst
- Whirlwind

This Ditto is transforming most of the time anyway, but these moves are used to maximize its potential to transform if its transform ever gets blocked.

Team Paste: https://pokepast.es/e0a6cf5eef302073

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Team is really weak to Tusk (your tusk can't stop an opposing tusk from spamming Thunderous Kick) thus I recommend at least running Covert Cloak over HDB. This let's Tusk act as a soft-check to itself but keep in mind, some Tusks carry Knock Off in Stabmons thus only giving it a single turn of reprieve at times.

Also, Your team struggles dearly with Waters, Clodsire is hard pressed to handle them all simultaneously, and after it falls you are left with hoping you can finish it off with Ditto before your team crumples hard. This is especially true for SD sets of Azumarill which minimize risk of you counter-sweeping with Ditto after Clodsire is KO'd due to only needing one setup. My personal Palafin set also easily sweeps this team blindfolded, these are the sets that your team will dread.

Azumarill @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Jet Punch
- Magical Torque
- Bulldoze
- Swords Dance
Super Dolphin (Palafin-Hero) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Jet Punch
- Bulk Up

Also, I recommend running Knock Off over Stone Axe on Tyranitar, Knock + Salt Cure is an amazing combo that only Ttar can pull off letting it nail things like Dondozo and Great Tusk despite often having Covert Cloak.

Not sure Steel Tera is helpful for Great Tusk here.

Lastly, I think you should probably run only Tyranitar or Ting-Lu and bring in another pokemon to patchup weaknesses, you already have a ground type in Tusk thus I suggest getting rid of Ting-Lu. Instead replace it with something that offers good offensive and defensive purpose to your team.
I was thinking of the following set:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flip Turn
- Jet Punch
- Magical Torque
- Bulldoze

This gives you a water resist, a decent check to Roaring Moon, and the ability to pivot all in one package, whilst offering great offensive power without the need to set up. EV's let it outspeed Skeledirge.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't get the notification for this. I do like the idea of a utility band Azumarill, but I was also toying with the idea of a utility rotom wash. It's also a water resist that can annoy physical attackers with burn and strength sap, while providing pivoting. It scares tusk and can probably pull off cloak for both salt cure and thunderous kick. What do you think of that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)