Spiritus Sancti (A Legend OU RMT) - Peaked 700

Hey guys, Legend Leader here. It's been a really long time since I've done an RMT, so I decided to take some time and do one. I have never liked the way that Weather dominates the Fifth Generation metagame, so unless I used it to ladder, I do my best to abstain from it. Thus, Spiritus Sancti was born. Except there's one difference to set it apart from my other teams. This team isn't reliant upon Defensive Walls and pivots. It utilizes the natural bulk and resistances of the Pokémon that compose it to take full advantage of a struggling opponent. The only losses I've had with this team have come from unlucky hax, to the best of my memory. Also, this team isn't super conventional, so rate it accordingly.

Anyways, let's get started.

A Quick Glance.....

Building My Team:

I first wanted to start out with a certain someone who gives every kind of Weather its own personal hell: Hydreigon. I heard from a friend that it's among the hardest unboosted Pokémon to switch into in the game. Having tried it out myself, I can sufficiently say that his statement is true. But Hydreigon can't 1v6.

I figured that a Dragon/Steel core could go well. Hydreigon has Levitate, so Magnezone is easy bait for an Earthquake/Earth Power switch in. Also, they cover each others' weaknesses perfectly save for Fighting. I also wanted a counter for Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress. But the Fighting weakness left all sorts of holes in my composition.

Dragonite fit the bill just fine for a Fighting check. He maintains Multiscale, one of the most broken abilities in the game, in my opinion. He can take a Close Combat or boosted Drain Punch and come out on top. But he left a gaping Ice weakness in my team's core.

I needed a U-Turn lead who could cover my Ice weakness and put the best Pokémon in the best place as soon as it could. If a threat comes out, Infernape swaps with whoever needs to be in the fray via U-Turn. His Ground weakness is covered by Hydreigon, and his Flying weakness covered by Magnezone (who traps Skarmory). Additionally, his Fighting coverage is a valuable asset to Dragon STAB. However, the team is still upset by typing issues, particularly considering Heatran.

These two came together by themselves. I won't pretend like Jolteon was my first choice. Bronzong used to fill Jolteon's roll, while also setting up Stealth Rock and spreading Toxic. However, it caused me to fall behind in momentum and left me open to switch-ins and all sorts of strange boosting. So I swapped it for Jolteon, who takes care of opposing Dragons in the absence of my own. Additionally, Dugtrio rids the enemy of their Magnezones and Heatrans.

A Closer Look:

Blitzkrieg (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

As I said before, Infernape functions as the Lead of this team. His moves are for obvious coverage reasons. U-Turn allows him to get out and deal some damage while doing it. His primary purpose is keeping the momentum in my favour while pummeling the opponent foolish enough to cross him with STAB Close Combat and STAB Flare Blitz.

Penner (Jolteon) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon has proved to be a better overall choice than my original Bronzong, maintaining my momentum much better than the latter ever could have. Volt Switch is for said momentum, while Hidden Power Ice hits Dragons and Gliscor, most of whom will fall immediately. Shadow Ball over Signal Beam for Gengar and Latios, and Thunderbolt for the 142 STAB Base Power that Volt Switch doesn't have.

Dmitri (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Hydreigon with Specs is probably the closest thing to God on this game. Arceus, while having his own tier, pales in comparison to Hydreigon with regards to the ability to dominate its tier when used properly. U-Turn is for a switch that went wrong (or that is about to go wrong). Draco Meteor is for an all-encompassing 210 STAB Base Power move. Dark Pulse is for secondary STAB and flinching potential when lucky hax is needed. Focus Blast is for whatever isn't already covered and helps deal with Chansey and Blissey.

Zone'd In (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave/Flash Cannon
- Substitute

If I have to explain my Magnezone to you, then you probably shouldn't be rating this team. Thunder Wave is interchangeable with Flash Cannon for Tyranitar and Landorus-T reasons. Substitute allows me a free turn of residual damage on whatever comes in after I trap the opponent's Steel (i.e/ Scizor gets trapped into Bullet Punch, I Sub up, he doesn't break my Sub while I HP Fire him out). Thunderbolt is just for reliable STAB.

Trap'd (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Reversal
Dugtrio is pretty self-explanatory. Many enemy teams will not have a chance to set-up once Infernape's initial move has been exhausted. Dugtrio sports a Sash because of Reversal and the ability to guarantee two attacks on an opponent's sweeper or trapped Pokémon (unless Sleep or Flinch or whatever come into play). EdgeQuake coverage for STAB and, well, coverage. Sucker Punch for last-minute cleanup, Ghosts, and Alakazam.

Stardust (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Dragonite has little purpose in OU other than to boost once in battle or come into battle boosted. In my case, I absolutely despise Dragon Dance sets as they leave me open to things that I don't want to be left open to. To remedy this, I slapped a Band on my Dragonite and made it Adamant. Outrage dents practically everything, Extremespeed kills frail Baton Passers or priority users. Earthquake squashes Heatran and his ilk, and Ice Punch puts Gliscor and Landorus-T to rest. Enough said.

Combos and Offensive Synergy:

Twisted Metal:
Magnezone baits Ground users and Choice users into a Hydreigon switch, forcing the user to either lose the Pokémon that they have in or eat a Specs Draco Meteor somehow.

Triplet's Revenge:
Dragonite can come in on virtually any Specially Defensive wall and Outrage. If Dragonite fails to defeat the Pokémon that stand in its way for the next 2-3 turns, Dugtrio can come in when Dragonite is defeated and clean up with a combo of its EdgeQuake and Sucker Punch.

Tri-Polar Bond:
Due to their similar abilities, Magnezone and Dugtrio compliment each other very well. If Magnezone fails to defeat what it traps, Dugtrio, using a similar strategy to Triplet's Revenge, can again come in and finish the job.

U-Gility:
Infernape has the ability to bait virtually any Landorus or Gliscor into play. If you can predict the switch with a U-Turn, you can maintain your offensive presence by switching to Jolteon and using Hidden Power Ice.

Please Comment/Rate/Steal/Whatever this team. I really enjoyed making it, and it's very fun to play. Any changes I deem appropriate or useful will be edited into the text in red. I can post a threatlist, but I have very little time.
Quick stats:
Hydreigon's Draco Meteor will:
OHKO most Politoeds
OHKO most Ninetales
OHKO most Landorus-Ts
OHKO most Tentacruels
OHKO all Gliscors
2HKO most Tyranitars
OHKO most Hippowdons

Thank you! Legend Leader, out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)