Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium, outdated but better than nothing!)

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Quarterfinals

Eternal Spirit vs Insult
Bro Kappa vs Ojama
Kickasser vs (The Hallows vs Sjneider)
Zuchtrest vs Simia

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate some (hopefully) quality battles between you all.

Deadline
Sunday, October 7th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Extension deadline: Monday, October 1st @ 11:59 PM EDT

Spreadsheet where you can enter when you'll be playing, to let others know

The path each player took to get this far can be found http://spo.ink/olt5standings

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 7
Eternal Spirit vs Insult - insult will have to heavily overperform to win here, es is too strong
Bro Kappa vs Ojama - bk took down soulwind wich is very impressive, but ojama is still the favorite here.
Kickasser vs (The Hallows vs Sjneider)- kickasser has been very very strong
Zuchtrest vs Simia - zuchtrest is another very entretaining one, god knows what the hell he will bring this time

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Eternal Spirit vs Insult
Bro Kappa vs Ojama
Kickasser vs (The Hallows vs Sjneider)
Zuchtrest vs Simia

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
disclaimer: these might b pretty off & im biased

Eternal Spirit vs Insult: pretty close MU and it's definitely anyone's win but insult has the stronger building support behind him & he's been very impressive this whole tour, i've faith he will pull it off. tht being said ES just beat ABR & can definitely random.org his way to victory vs insult's prep so will be interesting to watch for sure

Bro Kappa vs Ojama: these 2 did meet again previously & bro kappa came out of it with the (arguably undeserved) win, i dont think ojama will let that happen again. BK is a wild one though so he shouldn't be counted out, i just feel ojama is more favored here.

Kickasser vs (The Hallows vs Sjneider): ben hallows the comeback kid. hallows has probably the best building support in the tour along w/ insult & has played quite a bit better than sjneider during the tour (imo) so the real match is kickasser vs hallows. kick does ofc have the french battalion behind him, i think this will be the most enjoyable matchup this round as it is quite evenly matched. i'm going w hallows because i am BIASED, but i truly do feel he will do it.

Zuchtrest vs Simia: another one w the baguette army, zuch hasn't been playing bad but like his teams have been...yeah. i feel simia takes this as long as he gets proper help from his compatriots during prep & doesn't completely discount his opponent out.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Eternal Spirit (65) vs (35) Insult - Insult is solid for sure, but nobody seems to know how to tackle Gama in the battle or teambuilder. He has a growing list of high profile victories and he has hardly lost over the past year, so you kinda have to favor him imo.
Bro Kappa (40) vs (60) Ojama - Ojama has been one of the most consistent in SM over the times he has actively played the tier. Bro Kappa is all over the place, but I don't think he takes this series unless he gets match-up advantage in a couple games, which tbh isn't out of the question given his crazy team choices, but yea strongly favor Ojama here
Kickasser (65) vs (35) (The Hallows (50) vs (50) Sjneider) - As long as he doesn't use webs :cwl:
Zuchtrest (45)vs (55) Simia - Close set, but I think Simia will pick up on some things about Zuch that will give him an inherent advantage here

Last edited:
rough way to go out in tht game 3 p much throwing the game clicking rage but im not here to bitch its my own fault for rushing, ggs sjneider u play like a sav & played sick in that g1, win it for the methlab bruv rooting for u
had the most fun ive had playing mons since 2017 sm ladder so i def wanna come back for more tourn action
big THX to talah eternam talernam for always having my back in prep, if nobody kicks u up for spl idk what they're doing cus u can supply teams to an armada
s/o to the boys in draco, theres no way id still play this game if u pussies weren't around
s/o to the boys in methlab, we are the new age
s/o to den of thieves idk many of u that well but ur supportive & thats p cool bros
s/o to zugubu royale for talking shit after getting waxed, i might not get my indiv this time but wcop is coming home

draco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)