SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Also, I saw a 160 BP move for the Hammer pokemon, is this interesting ? He have like ? 76 ATK ?
Was a point of discussion a couple times.

The consensus is... no. Not in singles anyway. The move can only be used every other turn (basically a reverse hyperbeam), meaning that you're basically doing nothing every second turn.
And Steel isn't exactly the greatest offensive type either, so even that 160 BP stab isnt necessarly going to break a lot of things.

As far as singles goes, it's likely going to end up being a mid-tier mon (and i'd not be surprised if it gets banned in whatever tier it ends up).

However it may have potential for VGC. Solid supportive movepool, good bulk, good typing, decent speed, gets fake out and ofc the nuclear 160 BP stab.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
The Ruin abilities are just Intimidate clones that also debuff allies, right? If so, then this calc isn't very useful, since Chi-Yu is probably not gonna set up right in front of a mon that one-shots it.
if i understand this correctly the ruin abilities automatically lowers their special defense by existing

as in, it radiates an aura of -1 spdef to all pokemon on the field

i can very much be wrong but this is what im getting

Speaking of which, we just caught this thing
1668213301320.png

as you can see, egg move AND tm move

Oh our party is barely level 20-30s, shoutout to Umbreon being a tanky boi.

Seems the "single raids" are fixed spawns, because we fought this exact same lucario yesterday, same tera type, same moveset too.

Pretty interesting for speedrunners if you ask me...

Edit: HOLD IT
They did the same thing as the other game, where the very high level pokemon will refuse to obey. We didn't actually break the game. Well kinda still did, obeys every other turn anyway.

Speaking of which, we just caught this thing
View attachment 464594

as you can see, egg move AND tm move

Oh our party is barely level 20-30s, shoutout to Umbreon being a tanky boi.

Seems the "single raids" are fixed spawns, because we fought this exact same lucario yesterday, same tera type, same moveset too.

Pretty interesting for speedrunners if you ask me...
Hell you can bring that to OU and it'll just do fine (with evs of course)

We were not able to "transfer a egg move" either, so if the mechanic is still in the game, it's not as simple as "put 2 pokemon of same species in camp with one having empty move slot and the other having a egg move".
I really hope this mechanic is still available. Of the Pokemon of mine that I've reset for the rank ribbon, ~35-40% of them are running one or more egg moves. Loosing access to EMs when having to reset would be brutal and make resetting mons for that ribbon largely unworkable moving forward. Though, I'm 100% sure GF doesn't give a Rattata's bum about maintaining parity for everyone's legacy mons so I wouldn't be surprised if GF axed the mechanic.

I really hope this mechanic is still available. Of the Pokemon of mine that I've reset for the rank ribbon, ~35-40% of them are running one or more egg moves. Loosing access to EMs when having to reset would be brutal and make resetting mons for that ribbon largely unworkable moving forward. Though, I'm 100% sure GF doesn't give a Rattata's bum about maintaining parity for everyone's legacy mons so I wouldn't be surprised if GF axed the mechanic.
Well i'm a bit divided on if the mechanic is there or not.

It was mainly introduced in SwSh because originally Gigamax were only obtainable via raid or giftmons, and so they would have been completely screwed with no way to get egg moves.
In SV however, you don't have this issue as there's a NPC to change Tera type mostly at will, so this isn't exactly a problem.

Was a point of discussion a couple times.

The consensus is... no. Not in singles anyway. The move can only be used every other turn (basically a reverse hyperbeam), meaning that you're basically doing nothing every second turn.
And Steel isn't exactly the greatest offensive type either, so even that 160 BP stab isnt necessarly going to break a lot of things.

As far as singles goes, it's likely going to end up being a mid-tier mon (and i'd not be surprised if it gets banned in whatever tier it ends up).

However it may have potential for VGC. Solid supportive movepool, good bulk, good typing, decent speed, gets fake out and ofc the nuclear 160 BP stab.
I think people overestimate the drawback of Gigaton Hammer. Unlike Hyper Beam, you can still act after using Gigaton Hammer, which is pretty significant since it means you can still switch out or finish off an opponent at low health, or use Substitute, and Tinkaton is at the right powerlevel and speed to do stuff like this.
Pretty much anything that isn’t Toxapex bulky+resist Steel will take massive amounts of damage from Gigaton Hammer and often is an OHKO. The Pokemon that can switch in without getting completely destroyed by Gigaton Hammer rarely threaten it because it has a great defensive typing and many utility moves like Scald and Knock Off being much more rare. Only things that can really switch into Tinkaton and threaten it out are Fire types like Volcanion and Heatran, and you also need to be bulky+faster too because otherwise +2 Gigaton Hammer could easily OKHO you through the resist.
Additionally, when you score a KO with Hyper Beam, you are a sitting duck against revenge killers, while Gigaton Hammer you can at least switch out.

I went back and read a million pages of this thread and I haven't seen anyone mention the Pokemon I'm weirdly fascinated by: Flamigo. I understand why no one mentioned it because there's no way it'll be that good competitively, but I'm interested in it because the earliest leaks showed people encountering it as the very start of the game/at very low levels. But it's a flying/fighting type with a 500 bst and 115 attack

That seems weirdly overtuned for one of the earliest pokemon you can catch? I'm just reminded of how good Hawlucha was in USUM. Granted, I'm sure the open nature of this game means you can find a lot of strong pokemon earlier than in past games. But I'm just pleasantly surprised at how usable it seems, because I was expecting much lower stats when it was leaked to be available so early. Side note: it's weird that its pokedex number (346) is relatively close to the end

I went back and read a million pages of this thread and I haven't seen anyone mention the Pokemon I'm weirdly fascinated by: Flamigo. I understand why no one mentioned it because there's no way it'll be that good competitively, but I'm interested in it because the earliest leaks showed people encountering it as the very start of the game/at very low levels. But it's a flying/fighting type with a 500 bst and 115 attack

That seems weirdly overtuned for one of the earliest pokemon you can catch? I'm just reminded of how good Hawlucha was in USUMr. Granted, I'm sure the open nature of this game means you can find a lot of strong pokemon earlier than in past games. But I'm just pleasantly surprised at how usable it seems, because I was expecting much lower stats when it was leaked to be available so early. Side note: it's weird that its pokedex number is relatively close to the end at 346
The thing is, "at start of the game" is very relative. As soon as you finish the tutorial you can go anywhere. And i mean it. Outside of the few areas where you will need flying / swimming to enter, you have access to the entire map, and believe me it's HUGE.

You can catch things like Gabite or Deino before the 2nd gym if you want to.

Things that currently have me excited:
  • Enamorus—Superpower, Fly, Substitute
  • Golduck—Power Gem, Nasty Plot
  • Delphox—Nasty Plot
  • Wo-Chien—Snarl, Body Press
  • Quaquaval—Swords Dance, Brave Bird, U-turn
It sucks to lose Scald, but there's still fun to be had.
Quaquaval may suffer a bit from 4 moveslot syndrome given his signature and wave crash, but it's hard to not see it being a huge threat in the initial meta with Moxie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)