SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Uhhh I've seen them constantly pop on the map so probably. We only spent like 2 hours going around the map since my friend wanted to pick all the ""fly points"" (I swear it feels I was playing WoW LOL) but we kept running into both single and team raids everywhere.

If there is, we havent found it.
So I have exactly one question for you. Nothing else about SV matters to me.

How strong is Dunsparce's signature move?

Arcanine-H getting Rocks is good, but Head Smash is salvation for this rock doggo. In perspective, with just a Jolly nature, STAB Head Smash donks all three Protean/Libero 'mons in one shot. And that's outside of having Rock Head + Flare Blitz too. With this fact in mind, Heavy-Duty Boots might be joined with a Scarf. And ironically, that +5 to Attack is the deciding OHKO factor. I can definitely see this 'mon as a mid/late-game cleaner or even wallbreaker (with Band or LO), and if not OU, then for certain in the lower tiers (I don't think it'll go low with these new revelations).

Speaking of Protean/Libero, Cinderace gets SD...so yeah, if the nerf didn't exist, then it'd probably be the best of the three by this alone.

So they're basically "level 0 moves"?

Weird that they don't just have the usual lvl 1 tag but then again... by now i'm used to GF not doing logical things with coding.
Yeah, seems like it. Also, I guess Zangoose' entry was a mistake? I wonder how the original data looks for them before they turn it into a flatbuffer, because I don't get how they would make this kind of mistake - do they not have descriptive names for these tables?

Arcanine-H getting Rocks is good, but Head Smash is salvation for this rock doggo. In perspective, with just a Jolly nature, STAB Head Smash donks all three Protean/Libero 'mons in one shot. And that's outside of having Rock Head + Flare Blitz too. With this fact in mind, Heavy-Duty Boots might be joined with a Scarf. And ironically, that +5 to Attack is the deciding OHKO factor. I can definitely see this 'mon as a mid/late-game cleaner or even wallbreaker (with Band or LO), and if not OU, then for certain in the lower tiers (I don't think it'll go low with these new revelations).

Speaking of Protean/Libero, Cinderace gets SD...so yeah, if the nerf didn't exist, then it'd probably be the best of the three by this alone.
You know with how Protean now works, would Cinderace use Libero on SD sets? It would turn into a Normal type and lose its STAB.

Speaking of which, how does Terastallize work with Protean?

Speaking of which, how does Terastallize work with Protean?
Sadly this is kinda difficult to know right now for same reason of testing regenerator... it's available as HA only, and there's no way to get the HAs outside of injecting data.

It's implied that HAs are from raids but for obvious reasons we aren't going to find starter raids...

I am super curious to know a few things about kingambit and how he compares to evolite bisharp because on paper hes looking to be phenomenal.

I also want more info on his signature move and if supreme overlord is a full boost per team member or not

View attachment 464556i dont care how broken it is i love it so much oh my god it is absolutely beautiful
chi-yu is 赤鱼 meaning red fish btw (or cinnabar fish or whatever shade of red 赤 is supposed to be), the other three are have the same naming schemes but im not entirely sure what they translate to (im sure some people have the translations itt but fuck that im not reading through 200 pages or even the last 50(?) since that leak came out)

np fish is literally insane, what is walling it at -1 def, chien-pao is better probably but its not going to last two weeks. then again this fish might not either.

+2 252 SpA Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. -1 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 297-349 (97.6 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Houndoom Fire Blast vs. -1 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 354-417 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

glhf fish supremacy
its kind of hard to get it against -1 chansey, is it not?

Chansey has to be in, you come, NP then then 2hko it. I know you are illustrating the mons power, but still.... you wont be getting -1 against something that comes into you.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
its kind of hard to get it against -1 chansey, is it not?

Chansey has to be in, you come, NP then then 2hko it. I know you are illustrating the mons power, but still.... you wont be getting -1 against something that comes into you.
if i understand this correctly the ruin abilities automatically lowers their special defense by existing

as in, it radiates an aura of -1 spdef to all pokemon on the field

i can very much be wrong but this is what im getting

Don't get me wrong, we're nowhere near stuff like Xenoblade or Bayonetta, but the improvements over SwSh are **MASSIVE**

Battles flow seemlessly like in Legend Arceus, you even keep seeing the pokemon and NPCs in overworld while you battle (I assume you can actually watch your friends battle if you're in co-op!), there's no load zone, FPS seems to be a stable 30 fps (no 5 fps wild area!), and the textures are much better (at least I haven't seen any SwShtree yet). Also no weird onix pop in 3 meters from you, NPCs are loaded all the time while around you (though occasionally you can have a wild pokemon basically "spawn on you").

Only thing that bothered me is that some animations do actually go at like 3 fps when you're far from the entity, I am not sure if this is a thing that the patch fixed, or will stay.
Watching some videos, i noticed that during battles there are problems with the camera. Confirm?

Watching some videos I noticed that during battles there are problems with the camera. Confirm?
Define problems with camera, I didn't notice anything outside of occasional funny clipping if something happened to be just at the right angles
Maushold, Pachirisu and indeedee. Indeedee being probably the best but maushold might have some value as one as well.
Maushold also has the very elusive Friend Guard...

I'd say it has potential but its bulk is like... nonexistant :\

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
Yeah, seems like it. Also, I guess Zangoose' entry was a mistake? I wonder how the original data looks for them before they turn it into a flatbuffer, because I don't get how they would make this kind of mistake - do they not have descriptive names for these tables?
Just to be sure, the Zangoose Belly Drum is a relearner, or has it been deleted ?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if i understand this correctly the ruin abilities automatically lowers their special defense by existing

as in, it radiates an aura of -1 spdef to all pokemon on the field

i can very much be wrong but this is what im getting
Can anyone confirm if the ruin abilities are static effects or stat drops? If it is a static effect, it might not be equivalent to a stage drop.

I am super curious to know a few things about kingambit and how he compares to evolite bisharp because on paper hes looking to be phenomenal.

I also want more info on his signature move and if supreme overlord is a full boost per team member or not
Defensively speaking, Kingambit is verrry slightly weaker in Defenses than Eviolite Bisharp.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 184-218 (67.8 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(+1 is to reflect Eviolite)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 236-278 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(with Kingambit base stats)

And special-wise:

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 204-241 (75.2 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 261-307 (76.5 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall, the difference is very minor, which goes to show just how beefy Kingambit is. Combine that with how it is more poised to invest in said defenses thanks to its lower Speed and its higher Attack, and this 'mon will definitely not be overshadowed by its pre-evo.

Bisharp's evolution is so fat that it sets up in front of a Garchomp, kills it, then continues sweeping.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 282-332 (82.6 - 97.3%)

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 322-381 (90.1 - 106.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You have a 40% chance to survive EQ + Rough Skin, or alternatively 156 HP EVs guarantee it.

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 254-302 (74.4 - 88.5%)

The question is how much Supreme Overlord actually buffs attack. If it's even as little as like 10% for a full party of dead Pokémon you 2HKO Phys Def Landorus-T with Knock Off + Sucker Punch. I don't think it gets Knock Off atm, but Kowtow Cleave has 85 BP at least. Of course if Supreme Overlord is something stupid like +10% per dead Pokémon this will be the world's most dangerous late game cleaner.

Bisharp's evolution is so fat that it sets up in front of a Garchomp, kills it, then continues sweeping.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 282-332 (82.6 - 97.3%)

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 322-381 (90.1 - 106.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You have a 40% chance to survive EQ + Rough Skin, or alternatively 156 HP EVs guarantee it.

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 254-302 (74.4 - 88.5%)

The question is how much Supreme Overlord actually buffs attack. If it's even as little as like 10% for a full party of dead Pokémon you 2HKO Phys Def Landorus-T with Knock Off + Sucker Punch. I don't think it gets Knock Off atm, but Kowtow Cleave has 85 BP at least. Of course if Supreme Overlord is something stupid like +10% per dead Pokémon this will be the world's most dangerous late game cleaner.
It doesn't unfortunately. But the signature move being 85 base power will relieve that more then swsh tried to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)