RBY RBY Winter Seasonal #5 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by Blazenix!

Welcome to the fifth RBY Winter Seasonal! This tournament will reward points towards the 2023 RBY Circuit. The winner of this tournament will get rewards such as a Custom Role in the RBY Discord and a spot in the RBY Hall of Fame!​

Tournament Rules and Regulations:
  • The General Tournament Guidelines can be found here. Failure to adhere by these guidelines will result in disqualification.
  • This is a standard RBY OU Tournament. All games must be played in the "[Gen 1] OU" tier on either the main server or on smogtours. If players cannot decide which server to play on, smogtours will be the default option. All games in the Top 16 must happen on smogtours.​
  • RBY OU Resources can be found here. RBY OU Sample Teams can be found here. The RBY Forum can be found here.​
  • This is a Double-Elimination tournament. There will be deadlines of a week or less for all rounds. Losing once does not mean that you are out.​
  • Failure to properly schedule will result in me either making an activity call in favor of one player or coinflipping the game.​
  • It is the responsibility of the players to provide all scheduling evidence to the host before the deadline of the round. My preference is if players post an activity call with evidence in the respective round's thread, as I will definitely see it there.​
  • All rounds will be played as a best-of-three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Replays are required for EVERY game played.

MrSoup  vs  CyberOdin✝
SpaceSpeakers  vs  Frrf
Monai  vs  Fant'sy Beast
Serpi  vs  TehTayTeh
Ice Yazu  vs  Zankyou
Rubyblood  vs  SM Larvitar
artificialdeath  vs  Vileman
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Yelodash
Koalacance  vs  Prof_J
egalvanc  vs  Tarvold
Papa Hawk  vs  Justamente
Paulluxx  vs  realaccountami?
Shaneghoul  vs  Athena's Myth
Trade  vs  BlazingDark
kjdaas  vs  Eledyr
Spl4sh  vs  Melbelle
Ravenna  vs  Acetylaldehyde
TGA  vs  Vnc
Axel_Pokemon  vs  Broken Promises;
Sabelette  vs  damien the genius
Justinian  vs  Nick
royzin  vs  Nael222
Arvinraj K III C  vs  SOMALIA
Ortheore  vs  Spellcaster
airfare  vs  emma
Samu77  vs  The one and only buck
mentalsoft  vs  Genesis7
giove97  vs  martinvtran
Sirwings  vs  Abyssal Ruins
Laurel  vs  Tree69420
16bit  vs  Tanny89k
Wazza37  vs  Torchic
Quartosa  vs  Maxisc23
King Billu  vs  Victory Victreebel
luisin  vs  Flopfish
London Beats  vs  Nakano Nino
Xandes  vs  AceTeaaa
SponsoredPost  vs  Hachimaki
Gastlies  vs  TheMemeHead
Farce Of The Death  vs  ADF Test
toytean  vs  Unowndragon
TrainerPla  vs  Your mom op.
BoB Esponja  vs  Mishlef
JY Rule  vs  Mendeez
theBigbrother17  vs  Leru
Elian  vs  SiceXV
Daruma  vs  OhHiMark493
Quarante8  vs  SOM/05
TibarnWasTaken  vs  phoopes
Lialiabeast  vs  nicole7735
Theus BF  vs  monchooo
Sificon  vs  false
swag god  vs  Concept Everything
Mikon  vs  Green on fire
YBW  vs  Shedinja-43152
Osajima  vs  TDR
Feli_joseph  vs  PigWarrior19
nightcore  vs  T4PD
Ctown6  vs  RampageWebber
Deezcastforms  vs  Huston
Sergi  vs  SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Tuthur  vs  Hipmonlee
Amir  vs  stunner047
Quizats Hiderach  vs  DiannieRatson
Staxi  vs  Bye
Akeras  vs  Bye
shadowtime2000  vs  Bye
hunternoooob  vs  Bye
TG2513  vs  Bye
ewisko  vs  Bye
TL The Legend  vs  Bye
Surfy  vs  Bye
Ema Skye  vs  Bye
Amaranth  vs  Bye
giraffefromholland  vs  Bye
MTB  vs  Bye
SwordIsBored  vs  Bye
TLTK  vs  Bye
第二十五夜  vs  Bye
Bored Pikachu  vs  Bye
oakdeon  vs  Bye
OmBrArch  vs  Bye
mimilimi  vs  Bye
entrocefalo  vs  Bye
chub  vs  Bye
Hyssou  vs  Bye
Hockey1  vs  Bye
gorex  vs  Bye
RichardMillePlain  vs  Bye
ExiDudi  vs  Bye
Segale  vs  Bye
Liquidocelot  vs  Bye
Kollin7  vs  Bye
FossilD  vs  Bye
kenny  vs  Bye
Crunter  vs  Bye
Ran$om_II_Regal  vs  Bye
ForgottenOnes  vs  Bye
Inder  vs  Bye
robjr  vs  Bye
Electroman102  vs  Bye
Ara  vs  Bye
Prehistoric  vs  Bye
Mister Tim  vs  Bye
Satanic Beast  vs  Bye
dex  vs  Bye
Janak  vs  Bye
Isza  vs  Bye
MultiPokemon  vs  Bye
Reken  vs  Bye
Marshall.Law  vs  Bye
neige  vs  Bye

The deadline for this round is on Sunday, January 22nd, 2023, at 11:59 PM GMT-5. The deadline for extensions is Wednesday, January 18th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:
Why is people just skipping into round 2? Why did you made a pre-qual round when you could've done a 192 bracket? Why does winners bracket have 64 pairings and losers bracket is only 48? Now you pulled us all into an uneven tournament situation. And I'm actually curious on how you'll make this mess work, but to be fair, I'm out.

TDR

glitch
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is people just skipping into round 2? Why did you made a pre-qual round when you could've done a 192 bracket? Why does winners bracket have 64 pairings and losers bracket is only 48? Now you pulled us all into an uneven tournament situation. And I'm actually curious on how you'll make this mess work, but to be fair, I'm out.
those 16 pairings missing in losers bracket are just bye vs bye

Last edited:

TheLoyalBandito

formerly theBigbrother17
Besides the Loser Bracket shenanigans... good luck to everyone, and hopefully y'all have fun because this is going to be a fun one

I agree with GoF and TLTK there’s potential for this to be very uneven. Double elim tours with so many signups are hard to manage but why where there so many byes in r1 when there are less losers matchups now? With 16 people getting a bye in losers r3, There’s a possible scenario where a player who goes 2-1 is in the same stage as a player who is 0-1.

Player A

R1 winners W
R2 winners L
R3 Losers W

Player B

R1 winners bye
R2 winners L
R3 Losers bye

Could you make sure any loser in the current winners r2 gets priority for one of the 16 byes in losers r3 over anyone who got straight bye to winners r2 at the least? Seems a bit fairer

TheLoyalBandito

formerly theBigbrother17
I agree with GoF and TLTK there’s potential for this to be very uneven. Double elim tours with so many signups are hard to manage but why where there so many byes in r1 when there are less losers matchups now? With 16 people getting a bye in losers r3, There’s a possible scenario where a player who goes 2-1 is in the same stage as a player who is 0-1.

Player A

R1 winners W
R2 winners L
R3 Losers W

Player B

R1 winners bye
R2 winners L
R3 Losers bye

Could you make sure any loser in the current winners r2 gets priority for one of the 16 byes in losers r3 over anyone who got straight bye to winners r2 at the least? Seems a bit fairer
I am not too sure, but I think the byes will either minimize or die out after Round 3, since it looks like the 96 matchups will happen in Losers and only 48 will somehow survive somewhat

those 16 pairings missing in losers bracket are just bye vs bye
In a well done bracket you will never have bye vs bye LMAO

Thing here is: if you had some luck, you passed instantly to winners R2, win your only played game and boom, you're instantly in R4. Fair af.

losers only rounds start from round 3
Yes I agree. I just didn't explain myself well enough. What I wanted to say is that in round 2, the winners bracket must play each other and the losers bracket must also play each other because that is what has happened in previous editions of seasonal tournaments. However, we are in round 2 and the losers bracket don't play each other. I thought the idea was that the losers would play each other every week, that way, in round 2, the losers with 1 loss and 0 wins would play each other and in round 3, the losers with 1 win and 1 loss would play among them.

I'm not sure if this is mandatory, but I know that it has been the case in previous editions of this tournament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)