Gen 6 Rate my Mega Scizor team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my first teams and it has been working well so far.

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Scizor just rekts stuff. Knock off provides coverage along with bullet punch.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Keldeo is a solid sweeper that sinergizes well with Scizor. I put surf over scald for extra damage and because I'm super unlucky with that 30% burn.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

He's the Keldeo and Azumarill check. Clear smog is for Serp, Calm Mind-Magic Guard Cleff and even bulky Mega Altaria, that can surive my Bullet punch and hit with a fire blast my Scizor.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

He threatens Heatran and can outspeed Mega Charizard-X after a D.Dance. Over all a solid pokemon with u-turn to keep momentum.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power

He puts rocks, he counters the Latis along with Scizor, both Charizard X and Y and Talonflame.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

I LOVE Latios. He's in almost everyone of my teams. He provides offense with his Draco-Psyshock combo, he can tank hits and then heal up, he can even remove hazards when there's the oppurtunity. Latias would be an option, but I don't need Healing Wish in this team:as long as Scizor can tank hits and set-up, a burn won't be much of a deal.

Even though the team appears to be really solid, is not perfect, so suggestions will be much appreciated.
Two pokemons that have almost no problems rekt this team are Belly Drum-Azumarill and, jokes on me, an enemy Mega Scizor, cause both of them can easily set-up and destroy me.

Last edited:
yo, srry if its a bit late, the team looks cool but there are things to improve, keldeo needs scald over surf for sure, you have hydro for extra damage and burn is sometimes necessary to punish switch ins like slowbro. And, well, lando can't outspeed zard x after a dd as you say and there are some threats like Slowbro/Mega Bro, Zam Mega, Starmie, Suicune... so let's cover it.

Major Changes:

>>>
: It's a good help against Tran, this way you don't take unnecessary damage with keld and prevent it being statused, and since i made latios scarf this is a good wincon.

>>>
: The team struggles with water/psychic types, i made slowking over amoonguss as the water resist cause it's better against Starmie and it can status zam mega and pivot or damage with tect.

Minor Changes:

: The set is good but i prefer u turn here, also i changed the ev spread, you could also use pursuit mega scizor which fits well here too.

: Having many tran answers you don't need e power basically, i think that tect taunt toxic it's a better set for this team.

: Scarf lati gives you better speed control and trick is very useful against fat teams and also allows you to defog more comfortably.

: Hp Grass it's very useful, mainly against gastrodon since i removed guss, and well, scald is way better than surf to fish for burns in the switchs to keld

https://pokepast.es/b4c333a1b1021224

-I would replace Lati life orb with scarf.
-Replace hydro pump with scald and hp grass instead of surf on Keldeo.
-I would rather use taunt on Stealthrock on Heatran combined with toxic, it can help you beat stallers such as Mega Venusaur (not mine lol.) chansey, etc..

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)