Tournament Random Battles Classic Open II - Final Rounds

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Co-hosted by MaswoodShaheb, javitu and Clementine. Approved by Irpachuza.

Logo by Clementine.​

Welcome to the third annual Random Battles Classic Open! This tournament is your chance to showcase your skills in the first 5 generations of Randbats, from RBY through BW2, in a best-of-5 series. The first player to 3 wins advances to the next round!

This tournament is part of our ongoing Rands Slam circuit. Stay tuned after this tour for news about the next one!

The winner of the Random Battles Classic Open will receive the Room Prize Winner rank in the Random Battles room for a month, be inducted into the Randbats Hall of Fame, and be awarded points for the Rands Slam. The winner of the Playoff Round will get a Smogon banner for a full year, along with a month-long Room Prize Winner rank and joinphrase.

How does this tour work?

Each generation will be played one time, with no repeats
(so series that go to a 5th game will see players play all 5 of the oldest Randbats formats). The order of generations does NOT need to be chronological. Instead:
1. Contact your opponent (if you are unsure as to how to schedule with an opponent, follow this guide which will explain how to schedule in detail) and determine which generation will be played first. If both players cannot agree on a format, use the command “!roll 5” on PS to randomly pick a starting generation.
2. Battle each other in the chosen generation.
3. Loser picks the next generation to play. Battles continue, generation by generation, until one player has 3 wins.

For example:
MaswoodShaheb and I are paired in Round 1, and after/during scheduling our match, we mutually decided to start off with Gen 4. However, in an alternate reality where MaswoodShaheb and I have only ever played gen8 randbats and don't really care which gen we start off with, we decided to do !roll 5 to decide our starting generation and gen3 was chosen for us to start with. (It doesn't matter who does !roll as long as both parties agree to letting the starting gen be random)

Please note:

1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon Walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts.
2. You MUST post replays of your wins.

We strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines, if you haven’t already. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact the tour hosts, Maswoodshaheb, Clementine or myself here on Smogon.

ROUND 6:

VanitasEcho
 vs  (SpectralThief or AtraX Madara)
Haider787  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
Quoise
 vs  MultiAmmiratore
PikaPlayer  vs  soTsoT
pokeblade101  vs  El químico del pueblucho
Luchik
 vs  Xceloh

THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE YOUR MATCHES IS SUNDAY MAY 8TH AT 11:59PM GMT -7. THE DEADLINE FOR EXTENSIONS IS THURSDAY MAY 5TH AT 11:59PM GMT-7.

Last edited:

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Alright so last round predictions went 6-5 (so far), at least I'm not negative :eeveehide:

VanitasEcho  vs  (SpectralThief or AtraX Madara) | Keeping my last round prediction for the r5 match; Vanitas played pretty convincingly against sharp so I see no reason not to bold them here
Haider787  vs  Dj Breloominati♬| ok Haider got another big name out, their run is pretty impressive so far, but Spitfire is a tough player to beat and honestly I don't see him losing this one
Quoise  vs  MultiAmmiratore | Rands auth battle! Quoise got Teres out which is definitely impressive, but I still think Chiori is the better player here
PikaPlayer  vs  soTsoT | go skymins!
pokeblade101  vs  El químico del pueblucho | the highlight of the round imo. Blade is too often just seen a that gen8 rands top player, but it's underestimating how good he can play in old gens too, especially from gen3 to 5. Damm is mostly known for his expertise in the old gens as well and could definitely beat blade, but for once I will predict against my old team mate.
Luchik  vs  Xceloh | Snom battle :c Two very competent players ; though I think Xceloh's skillset is more diverse than Luchik's, and the expertise the latter has in gen1 might not necessarily prevail this time. I'm picking Xceloh, but it could go either way without too much of a surprise.

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
So now we go with the semifinals MU. We the hosts are wishing the best of lucks to each of our fierce competitors here!

Please note:

1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon Walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts.
2. You MUST post replays of your wins.

We strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines, if you haven’t already. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact the tour hosts, Maswoodshaheb, Clementine or myself here on Smogon.

SEMIFINALS:

Haider787  vs  soTsoT
El químico del pueblucho  vs  MultiAmmiratore
VanitasEcho  vs  Luchik

THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE YOUR MATCHES IS SUNDAY MAY 15TH AT 11:59PM GMT -7.

Last edited:

MaswoodShaheb

Hilariously derailing one liner
is a Pre-Contributor
Mfw the only Johns in the final rounds turned out to be the hosts

Logo by the immensely talented Clementine check out their art gallery
Welcome to the Finals of the second annual Random Battles Classic Open! This tournament is your chance to showcase your skills in the first 5 generations of Randbats, from RBY through BW2, in a best-of-5 series. The first player to win 3 matches in both their series will be crowned the Classic Open Champion! Congratulations to all the finalists that made it that this far, we look forward to a super fun and highly competitive finals!

Do remember to schedule on your respective smogon walls and follow the rules set by the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines when scheduling. The spreadsheet for the circuit and the points tally can be found here.

Matchups: ROUND ROBIN.
The player with the best overall record this round wins the tour! As we're not tracking differential, if there's a three-way tie, the round robin repeats.

MultiAmmiratore vs Luchik vs soTsoT

The deadline for the finals week matches is May 22nd 11:59PM GMT -7 but we strongly encourage that you get your matches done as soon as possible.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

won vs Luchik after winning gen1 for the first time this tour, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2randombattle-1578232942-ta7l64qtc606rouhpliom3geh7aru89pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4randombattle-1578237642-2m049phahabwtatzgkq2jty36do2o63pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-1578245908-vaqhat7gzyinkf8fmaufwhpb2p92feppw

pretty happy with how I played throughout the tournament (apart from semis where I played terrible and got lucky), definitely quite the run after almost getting 1/256ed out of the tour r1

won vs Luchik after winning gen1 for the first time this tour, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2randombattle-1578232942-ta7l64qtc606rouhpliom3geh7aru89pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4randombattle-1578237642-2m049phahabwtatzgkq2jty36do2o63pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-1578245908-vaqhat7gzyinkf8fmaufwhpb2p92feppw

pretty happy with how I played throughout the tournament (apart from semis where I played terrible and got lucky), definitely quite the run after almost getting 1/256ed out of the tour r1
GOAT MAN GZ!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)