Plz help with a Free-For-All team!

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Hey there! I’ve recently gotten into Free-For-All, but I don’t know a thing about double battles or Battle Royales, so could you tell me the flaws in this team? And yes: I said THE flaws. There’s bound to be some. Let’s get in, then!

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain

Polteageist is a Pokémon I saw when playing Random that I was interested in. A Shell Smash Stored Power could be critical, and it’s also got STAB and recovery. With this, if all’s fine, you could get some KOs

Gouging Fire @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
Doing a battle one time with my OU team, this Fire set was OP! EQ hit everything hard, it took only 1/4 damage from an EQ from a Treads, and it just recovered with Morning Sun and got off some DDances. Plus Ground Tera for life and damage boost. An absolute beast!

Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Play Rough
Ogerpon is my “bonk girl” to me. A single Sun boosted Ivy Cudgel is absolutely crippling! Plus set up, healing, and coverage, you’ve got a strong Pokémon!

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Draining Kiss
Playing Free-For-All Random battles, Sticky Web was a necessity. I’m also experimenting with a friend’s scary Ribomkiller set, as it can hide behind Sub and Quiver Dance till it’s ready to go on a few dates and DKiss! It’s EV spread also let’s it outspeed everything

Incineroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot
- Darkest Lariat
Roar can be a strong Pokémon, and this set makes use of its cheesiness. Fake Out to be a flincher and get chip damage (perfect if you’re in an alliance with someone!), strong STAB, and crippling switch out, it’s quite cruel. Doesn’t care about, say, +6 Corviknights either

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
A strong Rapid Spinner, it’s main purpose is to get rid of Webs. They’re a big Doubles problem, and thus it has Rapid Spin Proto Speed. Since it has decreased Attack, I thought that a special screen-breaking approach would be better

Plz help me make “small adjustments” (jk, help me change this team to a winning team plz). Please and thank you!

Last edited:
ok as one of the, like, 4 people who plays ffa on this site, this team is not great, and it stems from a misunderstanding of what the format is about. Namely, you're making one big misconception: you do NOT want to be the biggest threat on the field in FFA. That pretty much guarantees people will target you first. FFA is about survival. An 'offensive' team in FFA is more like a bulky offense team in OU. For this reason, stuff like Polteageist, while threatening, isn't recommended. Instead, I'd recommend changing it to Gholdengo: It's better in practically every way. It has better sustain with recover, it has a strong spread move in MiR, blocks poison from the omnipresent glimmora, etc. I typically run this set:
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
specs does big damage, and acts as an anti-bullshit tool with trick. Recover is for sustain in longer matchups.
Similarly, gouging fire and ogerpon have the same positive and negative matchups and only serve to stack SR weaknesses. I'd replace gouging, as although it has higher bulk and better(ish) sustain, it doesn't boost as fast and is weak to the incredibly common earthquake. Replace it with Gliscor. Gliscor acts as an immunity to ground rather than a weakness to it, absorbs status well, lays hazards, can act as an emergency check to many dangerous sweepers, etc.
I'm not going to give a specific set for gliscor because there's many you could viably fit on your team. All sets have Protect and ground STAB, but other than that, you could run a utility set with toxic/spikes/knock/uturn/taunt, an SD set with facade or scale shot, a tailwind, heck i've even seen tailwind run viably. You can really just mix and match based on what feels best in your opinion.

Min(i)or changes:
Swap booster on tusk for either lefties or boots, brick break for either knock or bulk up, and swap the godawful evs into HP and speed. (BTW even if you decide to not take this suggestion you don't need the timid nature for Proto Speed, you can run jolly and it'll work fine without nerfing your attack)
Swap Incin's item to HDB, give it knock over DL, and swap FB for protect. You already have a strong fire pokemon if you REALLY need the coverage, even though I think you rarely will. Also swap evs to be HP and spdef.
Ribombee's set can be changed to have moonblast over dkiss, stun spore over QD, and psychic over substitute. Bee's not gonna be surviving very long anyway after it's set webs, so it's better to to hit hard in the turns you have rather than go for a sweep. Dkiss recovery is minimally helpful and often won't even bring you up enough to use sub tbh. Dropping quiver dance is part of the "don't look threatening" part of the game; even if a QD'd dkiss is weaker than regular moonblast, simply the APPEARANCE of having stat boosts will make the other players more likely to start targeting you. Psychic is useful for glimmora, which IMO is the best remover in the format due to mortal targeting all pokemon on the field and poisoning them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)