OU rain team

First of all , this my first rain team and I am not too good at this game but this team works , VERY WELL . I reached I think ranks of around 200 in PO with this team , considering I am a complete noob , it is pretty good .

RAIN ALL OVER YOU

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Rain being its obvious function , it does work .

The specs Hydro Pump in the rain puts a HUGE dent on every incoming pokemon easily , a specs latios takes 57%-67% damage. I chose it over scald for that extra 40 damage which is A LOT , the burn is nice but for that i have vaporeon , and not to mention Politoed usually switches out after setting the rain and if not one hydro pump and the switch.

HP grass easily takes out those pesky water/ground types which would otherwise wall this whole team . I used Grass knot on claydol before but this works MUCH better than that .

Focus blast is for OHKOing tyranitar for weather wars , tyranitars almost always stay in for setting up rocks ..

Psychic is mainly for Toxicroak and other poison type , but is just a filler move ..

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Toxic

BEST STALLER EVER , a pain in the ass to kill with the rest/hydration combo , this my sponge for stat problems , and my own status inducer

scald burn is great on all those physical attackers roaming around the OU metagame , after a burn they are pretty much useless ..

Roar for all those who set up on you , because we have got no all out single Def/Spdef wall on this team ,setting up can be fatal ..

Toxic and spam rest works most of the time as toxic easily takes out any pokemon after 4-5 turns ..

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- ExtremeSpeed

First of all , NOBODY expects a special DNite , with access to Hurricane and Thunder , it is the perfect choice for any rain team ..

Hurricane and Thunder both get HUGE accuracy boosts after the rain , you can easily take one hit with multiscale and then spam Hurricane ,

You will rarely use draco meteor , Hurricane with STAB and accuracy boost + the confusion always does the job with no drops like those which you get when using draco meteor but it is still there for coverage ..

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

This guy is great , with the dry skin and leftovers combo , bring him on any Physical Attacker/Water Type , Scizor is the PERFECT set up fodder and sometimes even terrakion ( if you have 2 bulk ups already up ) .

Bulk up is easy to set up as most of the damage keeps getting nullified with the double recovery.

sucker punch is perfect for the pokemon you can out speed and kill those 4X Super effective psychic type pokes ( except reuniclus , GTFO when he comes )

Cross Chop is STAB and high crit ratio , even after resist ( assuming you have set up ) it does significant damage to EVERYTHING .

Substitute is for those obvious ass status moves from jellicent which usually has only water attacking moves which this guy absorbs ..

Claydol @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Trick

Chose this guy over Tentacruel because
  • The team is already weak to electric attacks and some electric immunity would be really nice .
  • Levitate can help switching out from toxicroak
  • Trick , as there are not many wall breakers on this team

Trick for ruins any walls like Vaporeon and Ferrothorn .

Stealth rocker and rapid spinner for keeping multiscale as usual , and EQ for extra STAB coverage

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My lovely sweeper , the threat of the Icicle crash or the EQ sends many people into fits because rarely any pokemon resists them both and almost always its 2HKO on neutral damage ..

The STAB coverage on this guy is TOO good , 500+ attack after being banded make it the biggest threat of this team , 75% chance OHKOing a max HP DNite even with multiscale and pokemon like mence and hydreigon are usually no problem for the big guy .

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You just made this team as I recall you posting it on the server, and that wasn't a full team. Can you expand your descriptions and read the RMT rules before posting? Otherwise your thread will be locked.

Nope i made this team LOONNNGGGG ago , and i was asking that beacause i had totally forgotten about the Hidden Power -.- before that i used Grass knot on claydoll ...

And I forgot Politoed when i posted there :3 sorry

Is it fine now :3 ?

Looks like a pretty decent RMT actually. I'm also psyched that you're using Hydra Rest Vaporeon, with a set almost identical to the one I had put on the site. Just a few minor suggestions off the top of my head.

1) Vaporeon is best off putting that extra point into Speed, along with another 4EVs from HP in order to outspeed and Toxic standard Jellicent before it taunts you, because it walls you otherwise (it can't do much back but no point wasting PP right?). Final EV spread is 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe

2) Run Ice Beam over Psychic on Politoed, you have other Pokemon to deal with Toxicroak and the coverage provided by Ice Beam is far too valuable to give up. Dragons and Grass types resist Hydro Pump and are hit super effectively by Ice Beam... doesn't take a genius to figure out why it's a good idea.

3)Maybe try Ice Punch or Substitute over Poison Jab on Toxicroak. There isn't a lot that Poison Jab can do that Ice Punch can't too, and standard poison isn't going to do much for walls compared to a super-effective attack on the likes of Gliscor, Dragonite and Hippowdon.

4) I recommend trying Life Orb instead of Choice Band on your Mamoswine, having used Life Orb Mamoswine myself I find the ability to switch moves insanely useful for facilitating a sweep. You still retain most of your power with it, though the health loss can be bad seeing as you don't have a wish passer like I do. Give it a shot though, if you prefer Band you can always just switch back later. Oh, also, use Snow Cloak, not Oblivious. Oblivious is so completely useless in competitive Pokemon it's astounding; NOTHING uses Attract and none of your moves make contact anyway so Cute Charm can't even touch you. At least Snow Cloak has a CHANCE of coming in handy.

Looks like a pretty decent RMT actually. I'm also psyched that you're using Hydra Rest Vaporeon, with a set almost identical to the one I had put on the site. Just a few minor suggestions off the top of my head.

1) Vaporeon is best off putting that extra point into Speed, along with another 4EVs from HP in order to outspeed and Toxic standard Jellicent before it taunts you, because it walls you otherwise (it can't do much back but no point wasting PP right?). Final EV spread is 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe

2) Run Ice Beam over Psychic on Politoed, you have other Pokemon to deal with Toxicroak and the coverage provided by Ice Beam is far too valuable to give up. Dragons and Grass types resist Hydro Pump and are hit super effectively by Ice Beam... doesn't take a genius to figure out why it's a good idea.

3)Maybe try Ice Punch or Substitute over Poison Jab on Toxicroak. There isn't a lot that Poison Jab can do that Ice Punch can't too, and standard poison isn't going to do much for walls compared to a super-effective attack on the likes of Gliscor, Dragonite and Hippowdon.

4) I recommend trying Life Orb instead of Choice Band on your Mamoswine, having used Life Orb Mamoswine myself I find the ability to switch moves insanely useful for facilitating a sweep. You still retain most of your power with it, though the health loss can be bad seeing as you don't have a wish passer like I do. Give it a shot though, if you prefer Band you can always just switch back later. Oh, also, use Snow Cloak, not Oblivious. Oblivious is so completely useless in competitive Pokemon it's astounding; NOTHING uses Attract and none of your moves make contact anyway so Cute Charm can't even touch you. At least Snow Cloak has a CHANCE of coming in handy.
Thansk for the suggestion , I will replace the EVs in vaporeon like you said ..

I had a dedicated ice pokemon pretty much in the form of Mamoswine , it seemed unecessary as the psychic also helps me with Breloom which is also a HUGE threat ...

Substitute is a REALLY good option as croak almost always gets statused , its peoples first priority to do that

I like the band and really dislike running life orb on pokes without recovery moves , yep Snow cloak would be better , actually i wanted thick fat but couldnt have that because its a DW ability so i forgot to change it back. ..

Thanks a lot bro

As far as Toxicroak is concerned, Drain Punch is a far superior option to Cross Chop on a Bulk up set. It has better accuracy and more synergy with Dry Skin and Substitute. Also, Bulk Up sets aim to stay in for long periods of time, so the power difference between Cross Chop and Drain Punch doesn't mean much.

Furthermore, Drain Punch also has 16 PP. Cross Chop has 8, and 2-3 of those strikes will inevitably miss at extremely inconvenient times. If you wanted Cross Chop to win Bulk Up wars against other Pokemon, Toxicroak almost always wins against most other bulk up users (Conkeldurr, Breloom, etc...) anyway thanks to its substitute, greater speed, resistances to their attacks and overpowering recovery.

The only reason to use Cross Chop would be so you can use things like Ice Punch alongside it, because for some stupid reason, Drain Punch and Ice Punch are illegal together.

Also, unless you're a god of a predictor, your team is probably has a horrible time against gengar, because it sets up a free substitute against two of your Pokemon, and no one on your team really wants to take two consecutive hits from it.

As far as Toxicroak is concerned, Drain Punch is a far superior option to Cross Chop on a Bulk up set. It has better accuracy and more synergy with Dry Skin and Substitute. Also, Bulk Up sets aim to stay in for long periods of time, so the power difference between Cross Chop and Drain Punch doesn't mean much.

Furthermore, Drain Punch also has 16 PP. Cross Chop has 8, and 2-3 of those strikes will inevitably miss at extremely inconvenient times. If you wanted Cross Chop to win Bulk Up wars against other Pokemon, Toxicroak almost always wins against most other bulk up users (Conkeldurr, Breloom, etc...) anyway thanks to its substitute, greater speed, resistances to their attacks and overpowering recovery.

The only reason to use Cross Chop would be so you can use things like Ice Punch alongside it, because for some stupid reason, Drain Punch and Ice Punch are illegal together.

Also, unless you're a god of a predictor, your team is probably has a horrible time against gengar, because it sets up a free substitute against two of your Pokemon, and no one on your team really wants to take two consecutive hits from it.
True , i have actually changed it to drain punch in my team in PO after i ran out of PP once but forgot to change it here , i have also replaced Lefties with life orb as you would anyway be getting double recovery with drain punch ..

I have never faced a gengar really , its not all that common , I dont know what i can do about it ...

EDIT

To tell the truth reuniclus also DESTROYS my team because the only thing that can take it out is Toxicroaks SP after some bulk ups but one psychic and this guy goes..

I may be completely out of my league here, but I really see little use in having two Ice type moves for Mamoswine. Granted, one gets priority, but I feel like the moveslot could be put to better use, especially if you're still running choice. By what, I don't know. Possibly Rain Dance, and here's why. Though it's a sweeper (I'm assuming you're not using Choice Band by this point and have replaced it with Life Orb), if you're stuck in a weather war and your Politoed is down, you're gonna want a way to keep the rain up or Dragonite and Vaporeon and Toxicroak's enormous water bonuses will be gone.

This is a pretty good team. I have to ask though, why choice scarf on claydol? It's not going to actually outspeed anything, and something like choice band or choice specs tends to cripple a lot more when tricked on an opposing pokemon, especially choice specs. The only thing I would really change would be make earthquake into earth power on claydol and put specs on instead of scarf.
Good luck with the team!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I may be completely out of my league here, but I really see little use in having two Ice type moves for Mamoswine. Granted, one gets priority, but I feel like the moveslot could be put to better use, especially if you're still running choice. By what, I don't know. Possibly Rain Dance, and here's why. Though it's a sweeper (I'm assuming you're not using Choice Band by this point and have replaced it with Life Orb), if you're stuck in a weather war and your Politoed is down, you're gonna want a way to keep the rain up or Dragonite and Vaporeon and Toxicroak's enormous water bonuses will be gone.
The only thing I'd run over one of the Ice moves is Superpower, to give you a way to OHKO Ferrothorn, actually damage Bronzong, and seriously dent Rotom-W. Honestly, Mamoswine likes having both of those moves -- Icicle Crash is able to threaten Gliscor, and Ice Shard revenges stuff. Rain Dance doesn't seem worth it when it's not lasting long enough for Dragonite, Vappy, and Toxicroak to fully take advantage of it.

This is a decent team, and the only thing you might want to change is giving Vaporeon Wish. Scald, Toxic and Rest are all good, (Rest with Hydration is almost too good) but you might want to substitute Roar for Wish because of Vaporeon's base 130 HP and the 248 EVs you packed on him. Wish is nice, as the rest of your team doesn't carry any healing moves outside of Drain Punch on Toxicroak and the healing is useful for any Pokemon switching in after Vaporeon.

I don't really think Extremespeed on Dragonite is that good an idea, with Specs and Modest Nature, and you already have priority in Mamoswine. Maybe Surf would work in it's place?

Hello MiKeKuDoS,

I think that you would really benefit from Ice Beam on Politoed. If Mamoswine goes down, you don't really have anything to counter dragons, given that there is no Steel type on the team.

I LOVE Rest/Hydration Vaporeon, one of the most annoying pokemon to face if played right. Roar, Toxic, and Scald are a great way of spreading status. One of my favorite sets to use in rain.

For Dragonite, you may want to use the Rain Tank set. It sacrifices raw power for the ability to win the wars of attrition. Hurricane STAB is really great and Thunder has a chance to paralyze opponents. Dragon Tail allows it to shuffle opponents and rack up some entry hazard damage with Roost rounding out the set to keep Dragonite in good health.

On Toxicroak, the choice between Ice Punch and Sucker Punch is hard. While Ice Punch allows 'Croak to hit it's most common switch-ins (powerful ground types) at the expense of doing less damage to pokemon like Chandelure, Jellicent, and Tentacruel. On the other hand, Sucker Punch gives it perfect (if not a little shaky) coverage against everything except Heracross and, ironically, Toxicroak itself. In the end, it's up to you, but if you find more Ground types being used or want another check to the ever present Dragons, just keep Ice Punch in mind.

For the last two slots, you may want to exchange Claydol for Starmie. Starmie does the same two things you want from Claydol (Trick and Rapid Spin) while allowing you to use Hydro Pump and moving Psychic to her instead of Politoed. Life Orb Mamoswine can instead set up Rocks while still being a powerful sweeper and revenge killer.

tl;dr
Politoed: Psychic => Ice Beam

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Trick
- Rapid Spin

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)