Monotype Ok, hear me out. What if Mono Poison Offense [NDM]

Honestly, I don't know why I am doing this but here I go.

Just one thing before the team. I am painfully aware that Mono Poison lends itself better to more balanced/stall teams. Idk man, I just thought Mono Poison Offense would be a fun experiment, not really tryna turn it into optimal stall/balance.

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Earthquake

Okidogi (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Guard Dog
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Overqwil @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Gunk Shot
- Liquidation
- Toxic Spikes

Iron Moth @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Sneasler @ Air Balloon
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
I had decent success with this team around the 1200s-1300s ELO range (not a higher range because I suck at battling). So anyway, here's the team.
The Team
:slowking_galar: is the special wall and pivot of the team. Sludge Bomb gives it a STAB move that also has a nice 30% chance to poison. Future sight provides good support for wallbreakers, being able to overwhelm walls with it. Scald gives it good coverage with a burn chance. EQ is used to deal with :heatran: since it is annoying for any Mono Poison team. I was considering having a black sludge + Chilly reception set, but I went with an AV set because of the sheer amount of bulk.

:Okidogi: is a bulky wallbreaker. :Okidogi: is always a nice mon to have imo, so I had to include it. Drain punch gives it a reliable Fighting STAB move that also provides recovery. Knock Off is always a good move to have, since it removes items and can force progress. Bulk up + sub allows it to set up on mons using status or weak utility moves. I chose a spdef spread to maximize :Okidogi:'s bulk, since it is already physically bulky (although since I already have :Slowking_galar: maybe I should maximize phys def). Guard Dog is a good ability to have bc intimidate is one of the most common abilities.

:Nidoking: is THE special wallbreaker in any Mono Poison team (that isn't full stall ofc). Sludge Bomb and Earth Power gives it good STAB moves while Ice Beam and Flamethrower provide good coverage. Honestly, not much else to say.

:Overqwil: is the physical wallbreaker of the team. :Overqwil: provides a more than appreciated Psychic Immunity. Crunch and Gunk Shot give it good STAB moves, while Liquidation is really the only good physical coverage :Overqwil: gets (apart from Waterfall). T-spikes are kinda just a filler move, though it can be used to bait a Rapid Spin while you switch to air balloon :Sneasler:. Apart from wallbreaking, :Overqwil: can provide intimidate support for the team.

:Iron_moth: is the scarfer/cleaner of the team. Fiery Dance gives it a decently good STAB move while also being able to boost itself, while sludge wave gives it reliable Poison STAB. Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam are good coverage. Nothing much to say really.

:Sneasler: can work as a wallbreaker or an unburden cleaner. CC is one of the most if not the most spammable move in the whole game, and it along with Dire Claw is a good STAB combination. Acrobatics almost mandatory on :sneasler:. Swords Dance makes this thing outright terrifying.

Weaknesses

This team is really weak to ground. Seriously, just 1 scarf :Landorus_Therian: or :Iron_Treads: and I am done (maybe :sneasler: with unburden could deal with :iron_treads: . Also, maybe :crobat: with Defog would help but idk. The team is also kinda weak to hazards because of no hazard removal. Psychic types are also annoying, but manageable bc of :Overqwil:.

EDIT: forgot the paste (seems to be a trend with me ffs). Here it is. I replaced :Slowking_galar: with :Weezing_galar:. Defog + Levitate was too good on this team. Also, spdef spread because will-o covers def.
That's all, I hope to see what people think of the team.

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Bruh i was going to do poison........ :(

Maybe add Weezing-Galar? It learns defog and has some useful ultility options such as will o wisp and has levitate.

also If you are going offensive, then GLimmora's hazards may be useful

yeah i guess that's what i have...

Bruh i was going to do poison........ :(

Maybe add Weezing-Galar? It learns defog and has some useful ultility options such as will o wisp and has levitate.

also If you are going offensive, then GLimmora's hazards may be useful

yeah i guess that's what i have...
Yeah that sounds pretty good honestly, Weezing-Galar could be pretty good in here, though I don't know how I could incorporate Glimmora in. Maybe by replacing Slowking? Idk but I am DEFINITELY going to try and fit in a Weezing or a Crobat. Thanks! Btw, build your take on Poison offense if you'd like or have the time to.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)