Other Next TCG tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one went pretty smoothly for the most part, and the small part where it didn't falls entirely on me, so I'd like to continue the road from here with more.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I've had enough back and forth X-Ballin for the rest of my life. So I have a couple of proposals and I'd like to know what you guys want to play.

1. Modified, no Mewtwo EX
Without this card, we will still have a rather fast metagame, but significantly less turn 1 pressure. Banning this guy should put Vileplume, Electrode, Chandelure and Magnezone in a better position and make for a more varied metagame, while we can still enjoy the quirks of Regigigas EX, Shaymin EX, etc.

Alternatively we can ban X-Ball, Pokemon EX or Next Destinies, but I really think the culprit of the silly metagame is Mewtwo.

2. Modified, no B/W on rules
The person going first can't play Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums, Rare Candy is back in its old state, and you can't stack one copy of PlusPower with Junk Arm. This can potentially break things, but mostly those that were on the backfoot to begin with.

3. Professor Cup
Professor Cup for this year is Call of Legends on, with a pretty interesting twist. Basic Pokemon are banned, Stage 1s are treated as Basic Pokemon (in every way, including Eviolite, Revive, Dual Ball, etc), and Stage 2s are treated as Stage 1s. I've been doing some brief testing in this format with zerowing and it's a nice change of pace.

4. DP-UL, MD-CL, or some other old format
I like this option but I can't imagine it being too popular because it's less compatible with PlayTCG and not everyone can use Redshark. Nonetheless, I'd love me some Dragon Rush.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Professor Cup sounds fun, I think the slower the meta the better and with such strong basics existing you can't help but have one side have a rapetastic lineup turn 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)