Projects National Dex DOU Teambuilding Competition!!!!! (Week Eighteen: Lando I)

:delibird: :iron bundle: :salamence-mega: :heatran: :flutter mane: :kingambit:

I spammed this for a bit on Christmas eve on a new alt and went 10-0 and Delibird managed to even take some KOs and help out a bit. Mega Mence is the goat of this format and helps fill holes in the team due to its excellent role compression. Heatran helps out with the Flutter matchup. My own Flutter gives my 2 specs mons that have essentially perfect coverage and sash Delibird isn't that bad at getting Tailwind up since it requires a double target to kill. Kingambit is a soft Trick Room check and provides some priority.

https://pokepast.es/56e9e7e1472460fa

the original idea was Bundle+Leaves on e-terrain, which is probably workable but koko is annoying to position effectively to keep terrain up. slapped torn and zera for speed control and disruption, and hey, turns out terrain isn't required. lando and diancie were eventually added on, and stuck since they seem to compliment each other offensively.

I hate hydro miss so i gave bundle z water and It surprised me how effective it is. team doesn require rain but it allows for more consistent endgame scenarios sometimes, also helps vs sun teams which otherwise are a problem. team is meant to be flexible depending on what ur playing against, but its dependent on good reads (as offense tends to be).

big pichu

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
congrats to yobuddy for winning the teambuilding competition! We'll take a brief break before the next round, so stay tuned!

https://pokepast.es/f51ac0174ed51f18
My standard lawnmower team, but pao -> garm.
I don't think Zen garm is good since bulk is much more valuable in doubles. Endure salac/liechi might be cool gimmick though
Scarf jolly garm is fast, but kinda weak? And kinda bulky? Survived a flutter dazzling gleam, but I'm not sure what set it was running. I was expecting a guaranteed OHKO machine, but it really struggles Vs intimidate, especially incineroar. Solid Tier 5 guy, which is better than most mons in this absurdly powerful meta. Maybe I'm using it wrong

1706358120708.png1706358164586.png1706358177317.png1706358203805.png1706358229640.png1706358241394.png

I see no snow in ND, so I make snow.

I guess I'll edit in some notes. Dewgong is a pretty important Fake Out user that allows Kyube to DDance and Nines to Aurora Veil. Darmanitan + Sword of Ruin is really strong. Bundle abuses hail with Specs Blizzard. There's a couple of ways to deal with Zard, most notably with Rock Slide.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/aef32b1ef278b786
This is your standard sun team but with Darmanitan. Because Darmanitan has 140 atk stat with an ability that boosts its attack, I felt that it could still hit hard but still be bulky, thus why I created the unique spread above. With this spread you get 2HKO by Mega Metagross's bullet punch and barely live one bullet punch under sword of ruin. Due to the minimal attack, Investments Mega Metagross lives on Flare Blitz when the sun is not active but when it is able to OHKO it. You are also able to live a Chien Pao's Sacred Sword and sucker punch, while being able to heavily weaken it with a U-turn or OHKO with a Flare Blitz. I wasn't really sure what the common rilla stat spread was so I just calculated make max atk max hp rilla, and you also get 3HKO by Grassy Glide. Wood Harmer isn't a guaranteed live but your other teammates can take care of it, while you also being able to heavily weaken it too. The rest of the team does what the sun typically does. If you feel that urshifu might be a big problem then you can always slap in rilla or fini. They also have the benefits of control terrains, but yeah that's what the team and spread does, I hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)