Monotype Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ only things I feel I potentially missed were M-Ampharos can be classed as a wallbreaker simply off its incredible Spattk, and Thundy-I could be mentioned on offensive pivots, also being a good user of U-Turn and it seems unfair if Therian form is there and not Incarnate, considering how Incarnate is more viable for the most part. Also Zapdos being immune to ground and an extremely important option in general, it should probably be on Ground type checks.

Last edited:
^^ only things I feel I potentially missed were M-Ampharos can be classed as a wallbreaker simply off its incredible Spattk, and Thundy-I could be mentioned on offensive pivots, also being a good user of U-Turn and it seems unfair if Therian form is there and not Incarnate, considering how Incarnate is more viable for the most part. Also Zapdos being immune to ground and an extremely important option in general, it should probably be on Ground type checks.
Both are added.

Nice job but I'm not agree about some points:

• Jolteon as Wish Passer: 65 HP isn't enough and he doesn't have the bulk to wish safely.

• Electivire isn't good as Scarf, he's better with Choice Band or LO to be a decent wallbreaker
An example: Without LO/CB, Electivire has 5.5% chance to 2HKO Chansey and in another vision, 100% to 3HKO P2 but less important than kill the electric team nightmare (Chansey).
With CB or LO, he 2HKO easily Chansey (if Band, he has 99.6 chance to 2HK0 P2).
→ No more safe switch from Normal team.

• Zapdos in others set up, I checked him movepool and except Agility, he can't set up. (Charge Beam is for all Electric Pokemon, so it isn't a boost).

• Priority move: What do Thundurus and Galvantula have as Priority move (Prankster I guess for Thundurus) but for Galvantula?

• In choice scarf user, you can add Raikou, Jolteon in my opinion.

• Jolteon as Wish Passer: 65 HP isn't enough and he doesn't have the bulk to wish safely.

• Electivire isn't good as Scarf, he's better with Choice Band or LO to be a decent wallbreaker
An example: Without LO/CB, Electivire has 5.5% chance to 2HKO Chansey and in another vision, 100% to 3HKO P2 but less important than kill the electric team nightmare (Chansey).

• Zapdos in others set up, I checked him movepool and except Agility, he can't set up. (Charge Beam is for all Electric Pokemon, so it isn't a boost).

• Priority move: What do Thundurus and Galvantula have as Priority move (Prankster I guess for Thundurus) but for Galvantula?

I'm still keeping Electivire as Choice Scarf because many run a Scarf set as do I (until I dropped Electivire from my Electric Mono team). Choice Scarf is needed for Electivire to outspeed Choice Scarf Excadrill, Diggersby, Mega Lopunny, Mega Pinsir, etc. I even remember in a tour I used a Bug mono against Electric first round a couple weeks back. I ran Jolly on my Mega Pinsir. I pecked off their Galvantula with Quick Attack. Then Electivire came. I was about to KO it with Earthquake but his Electivire had Choice Scarf because my opponent outspeed me and Rock Slide it, OHKOing Mega Pinsir. Also, I'm kind of going by the Monotype stats in a way and Choice Scarf are one of the top uses of items that players have on Electivire. Choice Band, that can be put under wallbreakers and I'll put Electivire there so that I'm more specific. Or I'll just add "Choice Band" in the Compendium.

Galvantula has Sucker Punch.

Jolteon, I was pretty iffy about because all its main purpose should be as a Wish passer is to use Wish before it faints so it can replenish its partner's health a turn later. So this was more of an optional choice for me to put. I can certainly remove it. Zapdos, I'll remove that. With Baton Pass restricting Speed, the only boosts that Zapdos can pass are Charge and Charge Beam.

Last edited:
Fírnen said:

With Jolteon, yes understood it's going to be pretty rare that someone is going to run a cleric/wish passing Jolteon for their team, but the key point is that the option is there. (By no means am I recommending it but) There's a shaky meaning of 'viable' that seems to control what is allowed to be on these compendiums for all the types, but with a type like electric, it's important to point out any option that's there to encourage diversity if the set itself is at least usable. If your Physical Attacker for example is Electivire or Eelektross, Heal Bell could be hugely beneficial if they were to be crippled by a burn, and also Wish if played right could be extremely clutch if used to restore Magnezone's sturdy, for example.

Electivire is a complex one. Its speed tier is sub par to the point where it's often forced to run Scarf in order to be an effective revenge killer, for the key mons that it is able to counter with it's helpful access to moves such as Earthquake and Ice Punch. Yes it can be ran as a wall breaker with Band or LO to be able to beat problematic mons such as the Normal Type core. However the sad thing with that is that it's Fighting coverage is sadly unreliable... so even running Band doesn't ensure that it fulfills its purpose, with Cross Chop only having 8 PP and Intimidate Staraptor often waiting and willing to switch in. Personally I feel a nicer set is ran with Taunt to ensure that core is beat, which is the reason why Electivire is listed under Stallbreakers as well. However the key point is that the prominent Electivire set at this moment is still that of the Choice Scarf, and be it the most effective or not it's still one of the only mons on the Electric type which you quickly associate with functioning well with the item.

Zapdos as a set up mon, I agree that's something I'm hardly in full support of due to it's almost staple purpose of being a wall and being able to remove hazards, but with that being said, it does have access to the moves.

As Misaka has pointed out, Galvantula has access to Sucker Punch, which all be it extremely unusual, some priority on a type extremely weak to set up never goes amiss, not to mention the severe lack of priority anyway for Electric. Uses for it actually come up strangely often, as it provides a nice counter to any sort of sashed setup threats, namely Omastar and Breloom. Either way I don't hugely recommend Galvantula on any non Sticky Web committed team anyway, but that's up to the player.

I strongly disagree with the statement that Raikou and or Jolteon should be listed as Choice Scarf users. Both the mons already have fantastic speed stats, Raikou having base 115 and Jolteon 130. Why would you need to make them faster? Namely Choice Specs is far more effective for both the mons, as neither hit like a truck without it, and being effective users of the item is actually what sets the slightly above the other offensive pivot options (although I do believe Raikou outclasses Jolteon for the most part).

Hope that clears a little up, I'll try look at the compendium in more detail again in the near future.

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Well, I feel like I have a lot of clearing up to do. Tylacto while I do like the idea of increasing diversity and using "innovative" sets, there is a fine line between innovative and flat out bad.
Example: sucker punch galv SHOULD never be used and WILL never be used. Although it is some sort of priority on an electric team, it flat out sucks, so, here is my resolve:
The sets posted to the compendium should be VIABLE sets. This mean sets that are actually EFFECTIVE. If you are confused on how viable your set is, pm me or afd(forcing poor raj to help out.) Also, it must be understood that not all roles will be completed by each type so dw about that.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary (role guide) make sure to read up before posting..

I'll be going through them and approving/disapproving of the sets. Sorry for not updating btw! Lazy/busy

Misaka Mikoto and Tylacto :

• About Galvantula priority: If u want notice all priority moves (viable and unviable like here), u can add Rotom Sucker Punch and Jolteon Quick Attack. Are they good? No.
Like Lax said, I"m ok with innovative sets but they have to be viable otherwise, we will give bad informations to beginners players.

• Concerning Wisher Jolteon, Tylacto, be honnest, do u think as u are a good electric user u will use this set?
No, of course, because it only heals 165 HP. and you will be to weak to keep wishing like others wisher do (Alomomola, Florges, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Umbreon,...).
Same opinion than the precedent point, Ok for innovation but sets have to be viable.

• About Zapdos, I only say he has to be in Agility baton pass and not in others, I perhaps bad say it.

• Raikou and Jolteon: Pokemon with at least 115 in Speed can't be scarfed? I don't think, first example I see is Greninja. Why are we using it as Scarf? To outspeed all the meta. Same reasoning here. U will ask me, give me an example of this utility?
Shadow Ball to counter all these Scarf psychic mons who make huge damage to electric: Victini, Latios,...
Outspeed others scarfs usually outspeed your fast Pokemon (Porygon-Z, Landorus-T,...).
All I want saying, say a Pokemon has a good speed, it's stupid to give it scarf is in my opinion false. It depends of your utilisation of this.

• Hottest point: Electivire:
First: The point about your switch on Staraptor: If we start to say predicts, we can say it for all Pokemon, so it isn't a proof. And, by the way, in LO and even in Band Set, you can add Vol Switch for your Staraptor or just overpredict (See as it's easy to start on this way). And Staraptor doesn't live longtime against electric type.
Secondly: Since when M-Pinsir is an issue for Electric team: Thundurus, Rotom-W, Zapdos if the web is active and if not, you can add all Electric Pokemon with more than 105 in Speed. We don't need Rock Slide on it except for Volcarona case but Thundurus physical works well too.
Thirdly: What does he do as scarf?
-1 252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 228-272 (71.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 316-374 (87.5 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 190-224 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO Next.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 84+ Def Mega Latias: 114-136 (31.4 - 37.4%) -- 83.7% chance to 3HKO → Latias-M still laughing.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 172-204 (52.9 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 194-230 (80.4 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 340-400 (96.8 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO → Finally, it works against something.
Scarf useless against bug teams.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 194-230 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next. (But like u say, BulkyRaptor anyway).

But the best example of the bad power he has as a Scarf is here:
252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa Unbound: 238-282 (79 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 50% to 0HKO next.

I think it's enough to show you Electivire isn't very good as Scarf. But he CAN be used it like this. But the band is, in my opinion (perhaps I'm wrong, it's possible but show me some calcs and cases). better as a Band.

Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Setters:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Scarfers:

Priority:

Cleric:

Trappers:

Water-Type Checks:

Grass-Type Checks:

Ice-Type Checks:

Set-Up Sweepers:

Swords Dance:

Dragon Dance:

Rock Polish:

Calm Mind:

Curse:

Coil:

As Ant said, if I'm missing anything let me know, and I'll add it to this.
Add Nidoking to Suicide Leads. He's faster than Nidoqueen and hits harder. The lower bulk isn't gonna matter all that much when you're using a Focus Sash anyways.

Misaka Mikoto and Tylacto :

• About Galvantula priority: If u want notice all priority moves (viable and unviable like here), u can add Rotom Sucker Punch and Jolteon Quick Attack. Are they good? No.
Like Lax said, I"m ok with innovative sets but they have to be viable otherwise, we will give bad informations to beginners players.

• Concerning Wisher Jolteon, Tylacto, be honnest, do u think as u are a good electric user u will use this set?
No, of course, because it only heals 165 HP. and you will be to weak to keep wishing like others wisher do (Alomomola, Florges, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Umbreon,...).
Same opinion than the precedent point, Ok for innovation but sets have to be viable.

• About Zapdos, I only say he has to be in Agility baton pass and not in others, I perhaps bad say it.

• Raikou and Jolteon: Pokemon with at least 115 in Speed can't be scarfed? I don't think, first example I see is Greninja. Why are we using it as Scarf? To outspeed all the meta. Same reasoning here. U will ask me, give me an example of this utility?
Shadow Ball to counter all these Scarf psychic mons who make huge damage to electric: Victini, Latios,...
Outspeed others scarfs usually outspeed your fast Pokemon (Porygon-Z, Landorus-T,...).
All I want saying, say a Pokemon has a good speed, it's stupid to give it scarf is in my opinion false. It depends of your utilisation of this.

• Hottest point: Electivire:
First: The point about your switch on Staraptor: If we start to say predicts, we can say it for all Pokemon, so it isn't a proof. And, by the way, in LO and even in Band Set, you can add Vol Switch for your Staraptor or just overpredict (See as it's easy to start on this way). And Staraptor doesn't live longtime against electric type.
Secondly: Since when M-Pinsir is an issue for Electric team: Thundurus, Rotom-W, Zapdos if the web is active and if not, you can add all Electric Pokemon with more than 105 in Speed. We don't need Rock Slide on it except for Volcarona case but Thundurus physical works well too.
Thirdly: What does he do as scarf?
-1 252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 228-272 (71.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 316-374 (87.5 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 190-224 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO Next.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 84+ Def Mega Latias: 114-136 (31.4 - 37.4%) -- 83.7% chance to 3HKO → Latias-M still laughing.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 172-204 (52.9 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 194-230 (80.4 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next.
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 340-400 (96.8 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO → Finally, it works against something.
Scarf useless against bug teams.
252 Atk Electivire Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 194-230 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 0HKO next. (But like u say, BulkyRaptor anyway).

But the best example of the bad power he has as a Scarf is here:
252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa Unbound: 238-282 (79 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO → 50% to 0HKO next.

I think it's enough to show you Electivire isn't very good as Scarf. But he CAN be used it like this. But the band is, in my opinion (perhaps I'm wrong, it's possible but show me some calcs and cases). better as a Band.
The only issue I had with the compendium was Jolteon being a cleric and a Wish Passer because the only use that it has would be to set wish up for your partner before fainting.

Now, looking at Electivire there shouldn't be a debate on this going back and forth between whether or not Electivire is good as a Choice Scarf Pokemon or not. I'm not focused upon which is better between the the two Fírnen and that is something you ought to understand. I'm not focused on the kind of "power" Choice Band holds over Choice Scarf and debating upon which is better from my perspective. What should be important here and I've stated this in my last post, I'm also going by the usage and that we have in our Sprite Gallery on the website. If a player doesn't want to run Choice Band on Electivire, they can run Choice Scarf. If they don't want to run Choice Scarf, then they can run Life Orb. I'm not restricting them to just using Choice Band because Choice Band, Life Orb, and Choice Scarf bar Expert Belt are the most commonly used items for it. From my debate, the calcs are useless for me. I'd rather have my options open of what's important because you're either going to get outspeed by an opposing Pokemon and use the extra power that you have and or KOed, or outspeed the opposing Pokemon and deal less damage but can get some revenge kills off. It doesn't matter if you say Scarf is useless against bug teams, but it's shown as an example of what Scarf Electivre can do in a way.

Again, I'm not restricting Electivre to specifically Choice Band, as I'm keeping a player's options open on the most valuable items for Electivire. I created a Choice Band section in the Role Compendium so that people can understand specifically on how Electivire can be used as a wallbreaker because I wasn't clear on that.

As for Jolteon being Scarfed, that item being on it is kind of unreliable considering how lacking Choice Scarf is on it and that the move have been steadily depleting after each month as its usage becomes worse and worse.

Just a point, I've noticed that different Choice item sections have been added to the compendium, and under the Choice band section I strongly feel that Thundurus (I) should be added to the section, and also Eelektross is worthy of a mentioned, all be it AV the more common set.

I listed a couple of uses of the priority the Galvantula holds prior, and the only reason i mentioned listing it was due to the fact it can often have room within it's move set if the player strongly feels they need it. I agree it's pretty damn shaky when it comes to being viable or not.

Similar case we Jolteon, I understand it's HP is pretty pathetic for the purpose, however on the most common set (being Choice Specs) I felt like it was worth a mention, as a set with the usual Volt Switch, Shadow Ball, and HP Ice could sacrifice the Thunderbolt spot at not too much of a cost, to implement one of the Cleric/Wishing moves (Heal Bell being the more considerable option imo considering it's benefits if the physical attacker on the team in question struggles with status.)

With Raikou and Jolteon being mentioned as scarf just... I can't help but be loyal to the fact that they really don't need the added speed. The Greninja example you gave was used because it had far more uses, for Dark it could check Mega Altaria with Gunk Shot, and on both types it would outspeed Excadrill in sand and be able to OHKO, something neither Raikou or Jolteon can do. But the second issue comes along with the two mons then lacking in power, which is why they're considered much more for Choice Specs, and again with the example with Greninja, this wasn't as much as an issue, with Protean always giving it STAB, power was less of an issue.

With Electivire, as Misaka has stated, the point is that it's not about which set is more viable, because no I don't have the greatest of times trying to use ScarfVire either within this meta, but it's a set that is undoubtedly usable, and can be used to great success as a late game sweeper, the item patching up the stat which gives it the most trouble. Because when it's ran with Band, wallbreaking really is it's only purpose, as like you've stated, it's OHKO'd by many of the threats to it, and therefore when it's not out-speeding them it won't be doing any damage at all. The simple and most suitable solution is to have Electivire listed under both, as it can be used as either.

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dragon:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarfed Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Ice-Type Checks:

Fairy-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:

Dragon Dance:

Swords Dance:

Other:
(Coil)
(Calm Mind)

A lot of wallbreakers, few of everything else haha. Let me know if I missed anything.

Last edited:
Dragon:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarfed Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Ice-Type Checks:

Fairy-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:

Dragon Dance:

Swords Dance:

Other:
(Coil)
(Calm Mind)

A lot of wallbreakers, few of everything else haha. Let me know if I missed anything.
As Hazard Removal, there is Salamence too (Fatmence) who can deal with Bisharp Defiant.

And don't forget Espeed Zygarde for priority moves.

Perhaps talk about Kingdra in Setup Sweepers? (Focus/Agility).

Ghost:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarfed Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Dark-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Calm Mind:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

EDIT: Sorry :/ I just noticed that you have to reserve the type just after I created this

Last edited:
I went ahead and started this up since it wasn't reserved yet.
Rock:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Control:
(Magic Bounce)

Choice Scarf Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Fighting-Type Checks:

Grass-Type Checks:

Ground-Type Checks:

Water-Type Checks:

Steel-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Calm Mind:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Shell Smash)
(Hone Claws)
(Dragon Dance)
(Curse)

I wasn't sure if whether or not to put Magnet Pull Probopass in the Trappers section; it's stupid, but it's still a trapper :I Also, I was wondering if Stockpile Cradily was worth mentioning in Other Set Up; I don't like the set a whole lot, but I think that a few people use it to help beat Water more easily, and Cradily's last moveslot is basically filler anyways. Also, I might remove Mega Aggron from Water-type checks. It's not weak to Water, but it can't do much back to anything except Azumarill (but it does also check BellyJet in an emergency).

I might've forgotten/misplaced a few things, so just adjust it as needed .3.

Last edited:
can the type role compendiums add type specific checks to the types biggest threats?
ie electric would have a spot for mega sableye checks and steel would have a spot for lando i checks and rock have a place for mega scizor checks etc., it would be nice especially if they are pokemon you dont really go to for your first pick (mega aggron/band rhyperior for mscizor, electro ball mman or toxic mamphy for msab, hp ice cobalion for lando i) and it can be great for people looking for 1 mon checks all things/something that checks a few major threats and performs certain roles

Was a little difficult to decide on a couple of things. I decided to add Roserade and Vileplume as cleric users because Poison-types seriously lack a more reasonable one and one of the main problems I have when playing the with the Monotype are status such as paralysis and burns. I added in a phazers section because they are proven to be very good in conjunction with Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock. Also, it helps out Gengar when running Hex now that in Generation VI Hex Base Power is boosted to a whopping 130 when the opposing team is inflicted with status. I decided to add Venomoth as a nice Psychic check because of Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Bug Buzz. Substitute + Disable Gengar was really useful against Psychic. First, it sets up Substitute and then Disable to opposing threat's move. Mega Venusaur, I'm actually starting to love the Growth set. Usually I would swap between Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power Rock to hit Flying-, Ice-, or Fire-types with. Some question my choice of making Nidoking as my Stealth Rock Pokemon. The main reason why I include the move on Nidoking is because players tend to expect a powerful super effective move coming, which will deal a lot of damage due to Sheer Force or Choice Specs. They would often switch out and I would get a free turn to set up Stealth Rock. Crobat isn't that bad as a Nasty Plot Pokemon nor is it good. It is a nice answer to Steel-types because of Nasty Plot Heat Wave. Also, it can help against Ground-types because of Giga Drain. I don't really have a good Agility or Rock Polish Pokemon that comes to mind.

Poison:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:
(Taunt, Substitute + Disable)

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:
(Assault Vest)
(Assault Vest)

Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Toxic Spikes:

Sticky Web:

Phazers:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:
Rapid Spin:

Defog:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Band Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:
(Aromatherapy)
(Aromatherapy)
Trappers:

Ground-type Checks:

Psychic-type Checks:

Steel-type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Growth / Curse)
(Quiver Dance)
(Bulk Up)

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Thank you.

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Okok, I just went through these. I'll list changes I'd like to make, feel free to respond back with legitimate reasons to keep them.
Ghost:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarfed Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Dark-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Calm Mind:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

EDIT: Sorry :/ I just noticed that you have to reserve the type just after I created this
I'll go ahead and remove regular hoopa from offensive pivots because it is too frail and doesn't have any sort of momentum move. Same thing with gengar as offensive pivot. For hazard removal, is driftblim even ranked? I would also get rid of spiritomb for dark type checks.
I went ahead and started this up since it wasn't reserved yet.
Rock:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Control:
(Magic Bounce)

Choice Scarf Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:

Trappers:

Fighting-Type Checks:

Grass-Type Checks:

Ground-Type Checks:

Water-Type Checks:

Steel-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Calm Mind:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Shell Smash)
(Hone Claws)
(Dragon Dance)
(Curse)

I wasn't sure if whether or not to put Magnet Pull Probopass in the Trappers section; it's stupid, but it's still a trapper :I Also, I was wondering if Stockpile Cradily was worth mentioning in Other Set Up; I don't like the set a whole lot, but I think that a few people use it to help beat Water more easily, and Cradily's last moveslot is basically filler anyways. Also, I might remove Mega Aggron from Water-type checks. It's not weak to Water, but it can't do much back to anything except Azumarill (but it does also check BellyJet in an emergency).

I might've forgotten/misplaced a few things, so just adjust it as needed .3.
I would add mega tar, mega diancie, omastar, and mega aero as wallbreakers just because they are all strong in their own sense. Lots of stuff can be added to rock users. Add aurorus to scarf users. Remove solrock from fighting type checks (?) I don't really see how mega aggron and ttar are water type checks. Carracosta does take neutral damage from steel moves but can't really do much back so I wouldn't count that as a steel type check.
Was a little difficult to decide on a couple of things. I decided to add Roserade and Vileplume as cleric users because Poison-types seriously lack a more reasonable one and one of the main problems I have when playing the with the Monotype are status such as paralysis and burns. I added in a phazers section because they are proven to be very good in conjunction with Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock. Also, it helps out Gengar when running Hex now that in Generation VI Hex Base Power is boosted to a whopping 130 when the opposing team is inflicted with status. I decided to add Venomoth as a nice Psychic check because of Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Bug Buzz. Substitute + Disable Gengar was really useful against Psychic. First, it sets up Substitute and then Disable to opposing threat's move. Mega Venusaur, I'm actually starting to love the Growth set. Usually I would swap between Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power Rock to hit Flying-, Ice-, or Fire-types with. Some question my choice of making Nidoking as my Stealth Rock Pokemon. The main reason why I include the move on Nidoking is because players tend to expect a powerful super effective move coming, which will deal a lot of damage due to Sheer Force or Choice Specs. They would often switch out and I would get a free turn to set up Stealth Rock. Crobat isn't that bad as a Nasty Plot Pokemon nor is it good. It is a nice answer to Steel-types because of Nasty Plot Heat Wave. Also, it can help against Ground-types because of Giga Drain. I don't really have a good Agility or Rock Polish Pokemon that comes to mind.

Poison:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:
(Assault Vest)
(Assault Vest)
Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Toxic Spikes:

Sticky Web:

Phazers:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:
Rapid Spin:

Defog:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Band Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:
(Aromatherapy)
(Aromatherapy)
Trappers:

Ground-type Checks:

Psychic-type Checks:

Steel-type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Growth / Curse)
(Quiver Dance)
(Bulk Up)
(Curse)

Nidoking queen, and croak aren't really pivots to anything necessary for poison types. They are both weak to everything poison is weak to. I'd add crobat to offensive pivots because some ppl run band crobat or some form of offensive bat. Is muk even ranked..?

Btw, I notice you guys add a bunch of new sections like for example each variant of the choiced item was added to misaka's. Most other compendiums don't go as specific as this but if you want a super detailed one lmk. On a different note, thanks a bunch guys!

Last edited:

Poison:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:
(Assault Vest)
(Assault Vest)
Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Toxic Spikes:

Sticky Web:

Phazers:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:
Rapid Spin:

Defog:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Band Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:
(Aromatherapy)
(Aromatherapy)
Trappers:

Ground-type Checks:

Psychic-type Checks:

Steel-type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Growth / Curse)
(Quiver Dance)
(Bulk Up)
(Curse)

Mega Beedrill is by no means a wallbreaker, and I'd add Gengar as a Steel Type check. Otherwise loops pretty good

Poison:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:
(Assault Vest)
(Assault Vest)
Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Toxic Spikes:

Sticky Web:

Phazers:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:
Rapid Spin:

Defog:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Band Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Priority:

Clerics / Wish Passers:
(Aromatherapy)
(Aromatherapy)
Trappers:

Ground-type Checks:

Psychic-type Checks:

Steel-type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Nasty Plot:

Rock Polish / Agility:

Other Set Up:

(Growth / Curse)
(Quiver Dance)
(Bulk Up)

Looks good, nice job! I have a few (minor) suggestions:
Add Nidoking under suicide leads (it is faster than Nidoqueen and if used as a suicide lead it often runs sash so the lowered bulk doesn't really matter)
Add Mega-Venusaur and Golbat under phazers (Roar/Whirlwind)
Add Crobat under Defensive Pivots as well (fast bulky spreads are quite common)
Add Scolipede under suicide leads (it gets Spikes, Toxic spikes and Endeavor and Speed Boost really helps it perform the role)
Add Toxicroak under Choice Scarf users (has nice coverage for a scarfer: Rock Slide for Char/Volc, Ice Punch for flying/dragon types, Gunk Shot for Scarf Togekiss, (who is more annoying for Poison than it may seem because no Flying resists))
Remove Nidoking under Choice Specs users (It really needs to be scarfed or needs the ability to switch moves to function efficiently as either a revenge killer or wallbreaker. Have not tried Specs Nidoking before, but to me it seems outclassed by Life Orb, especially with Sheer Force negating recoil (someone proof me wrong?)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Bug:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Sticky Web:

Spikes and Toxic Spikes:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Choice Band Users:

Priority:

Trappers:

Flying-Type Checks:

Fire-Type Checks:

Rock-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Quiver Dance:

Speed Boost:

Other Set Up:

Did Bug, shoutout to Articuno I for clearing up a couple things and Bondie for looking it over n_n
Lmk if anything needs to be added/removed/changed, I just stuck to stuff on the VR apart from Crustle which I think should be ranked kek

Last edited:
Bug:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Sticky Web:

Spikes and Toxic Spikes:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Choice Band Users:

Priority:

Trappers:

Flying-Type Checks:

Fire-Type Checks:

Rock-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Quiver Dance:

Speed Boost:

Other Set Up:

Did Bug, shoutout to Articuno I for clearing up a couple things and Bondie for looking it over n_n
Lmk if anything needs to be added/removed/changed, I just stuck to stuff on the VR apart from Crustle which I think should be ranked kek
Like I said to Misaka, Mega Beedrill is not a wallbreaker, it gets hardwalled by quite a bit by common defensive threats that aren't psychic typed. I'd also add Armaldo as a defensive pivit, it's pretty useful against fire, especially the AV set. Also remove Shuckle from fire checks, it can switch into some attacks, but it rly cant do anything else. You can, however, add reg heracross as a fire check it's typically ran scarf, and edge quake coverage does numbers.

Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Setters:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Scarfers:

Priority:

Cleric:

Trappers:

Fighting-Type Checks:

Steel-Type Checks:

Fire-Type Checks:

Rock-Type Checks:

Scizor Checks:

Set-Up Sweepers:

Swords Dance:

Shell Smash:

Agility:

Nasty Plot:

Curse:

Again, if I'm missing anything (which knowing me I probably will), let me know and I'll update this ASAP.

Edit: Fixed the roles accordingly.

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
RBTT Champion
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Rock Setters:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Scarfers:

Priority:

Cleric:

Trappers:

Fighting-Type Checks:

Steel-Type Checks:

Fire-Type Checks:

Rock-Type Checks:

Scizor Checks:

Set-Up Sweepers:

Swords Dance:

Shell Smash:

Agility:

Nasty Plot:

Curse:

Again, if I'm missing anything (which knowing me I probably will), let me know and I'll update this ASAP.
Well, if I'm being honest, it looks like you did not read any of my posts. Jynx and rotom are definitely not stallbreakers. Jynx as cleric?? gotta pass my base 65 hp wish to a teammate o.o I wouldn't add regice and cryogonal to defensive pivots, and I wouldn't add aboma to offensive pivots. Is cryo even ranked?
Bug:
Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Pivots:
Offensive:

Defensive:

Entry Hazard Users:
Stealth Rock:

Sticky Web:

Spikes and Toxic Spikes:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:

Choice Scarf Users:

Choice Specs Users:

Choice Band Users:

Priority:

Trappers:

Flying-Type Checks:

Fire-Type Checks:

Rock-Type Checks:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Quiver Dance:

Speed Boost:

Other Set Up:

Heracross, Scizor, and their megas are NOT stallbreakers. Speed Boost does not count as "setup" and scizor isnt really a flying check?

While I do appreciate the work, if you wish to post on the compendium please only post viable sets and please understand what all the roles are first.
Will add later, lazy af recently.

Jynx isn't a good cleric, even Glaceon is better with him bulk.
And I'm agree with Lax for what he said.
There is another point I don't understand: You put Avalugg in fighting check, I guess you put there for him physical bulk, but Fighting SD and it's over, Fighting special too. I don't think he's a fighting check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)