Other Metagames Metallic Madness (Steel Monotype Team)

Ass Pancakes (Tinkaton) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Draining Kiss
Pancake's job is to kill stuff fast. Gigaton Hammer is the main damage dealer, with protect used as a safety net so enemies don't tank a draining kiss and hit her. Draining Kiss is used to keep her alive longer while keeping the damage somewhat consistent at the same time, while Encore helps make sure she doesn't die every other turn. Swords Dance is there to buff her of course, but I rarely end up using it in practice. (I probably should use it instead of Encore or Draining Kiss sometimes). Life Orb is to do more damage.

Heavy Bird Guy (Corviknight) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Tailwind
Heavy's modus operandi is: Use Bulk Up to build up attack and defense, use Roost to not die in the mean time, and then use Brave Bird, and then use Roost again to recover health. He's also often swapped in to avoid Earthquake. Mirror Armor lets him maintain his stat buffs from Bulk Up. Tailwind is rarely used, but I think I use it the most often to kill the foe before they can damage me and he doesn't die from that and the recoil? Leftovers gives him even more survivability.

Espinas (Scizor) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Counter
Espinas has two main things. 1: Use Rest every 3 turns to stay healthy, and use Sleep Talk the other 2 to deal Damage. Either that or he uses counter to tank a hit via Focus Sash and kill a foe before they obliterate everyone else. I have a feeling that the second purpose has a better solution than "sacrifice a Pokemon to kill the other". It also doesn't work if the move isn't physical, and particularly strong moves end up one-shotting him if hazards damage him and he doesn't have time to Rest and either roll Counter, or wake up and use Counter assuming he didn't take damage in the mean time. Focus Sash is for the counter thing.

Shallow Red (Kingambit) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
Sucker Punch is often used to finish off foes or so he does something before he dies, very useful when you've just tanked a hit with Focus Sash and you only have 1 health. Swords dance is rarely used since in practice I've found him often dying in one or two turns. Brick Break is a general damage dealing move, and Stone Edge is used to deal with Fire Types. Focus Sash is so he can tank a hit and then deal a hit himself.

Shadow T. Elephant (Iron Treads) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Shadows has 3 purposes. 1: Setting up Stealth Rock. 2: Removing hazards with Rapid Spin. 3: Dealing with Fire Types. Many, many times have fire types one or two-shot most or all of my team, so Shadow's high speed and attack are meant to stop them with Earthquake or Rockslide before they can fight back. Aguav Berry is so he can tank a super-effective move, and then hit back.

1500 Dollar Ghost (Gholdengo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
Honestly this guy might be the one I don't know what his job is the most. Originally, he had a Toxic Orb, and the moves Recover, Trick, Hex and Substitute, the idea being that he'd use trick to poison the enemy, and then stall them out if he has to. Then I copied one of the things in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex and now he ends up being mainly used for the Trick thing still, but he can also attack better, I guess. Choice Scarf is for Trick.

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Pokémon Changes
:Tinkaton: -> :Klefki:
Considering you already have Kingambit, another Swords Dance user doesn't provide that much benefit and Klefki brings excellent utility like Reflect, Light Screen, Thunder Wave, and Spikes to the table.
Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

:Scizor: -> :Bronzong:
Provides utility like Stealth Rock and Body Press for opposing Steel-types. Scizor isn't that great on Steel.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Moveset Changes
:Corviknight:
Taunt is required to shutdown Haze and Whirlwind users like Toxapex and Ting-Lu so it can use them as setup fodder, the best move to replace would be Tailwind.
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

:Kingambit:
Focus Sash isn't that great on Kingambit and it would prefer either Black Glasses or Life Orb. You should be using the standard coverage of Kowtow Kleave, Iron Head, and Sucker Punch as you have other teammates to handle opposing Steel-types like Iron Treads and Bronzong.
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

:Iron Treads:
Some slight adjustments and this is good. Leftovers is very beneficial and you want Iron Head and Volt Switch instead of Stealth Rock and Rock Slide.
Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

:Gholdengo:
Shadow Ball instead of Recover if you want to keep the Choice Scarf, however, you can switch out Trick instead and use Air Balloon.
Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

:Klefki: :Corviknight: :Bronzong: :Kingambit: :Iron Treads: :Gholdengo:
(Click on sprites for Pokepaste)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)