Metagame Meow Cup [AFD 2023]

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I saw Poochyena and Mightyena, but haven't seen Yungoos and Gumshoos yet. You have cherrypicked which feliforms to include with blatant disregard of an entire clade. This is a taxonomic travesty against all of phylogeny and disgrace to zoology. Your ignorance has tainted the well of human decency, subverted inclusion, and denied the mongoose its rightful place among its kin. This is a travesty. Your metagame is a mockery of science. Why not include Wishcash at this point? How about Dondozo? Our community must remove the stench of this blunder like a piss-stained corner of the carpet. Only the immediate addition of Yungoos and Gumshoos can rectify this lethal error; it is nyaow or never.

Arcueid

looksmaxxer
is a Battle Simulator Moderator

>dog pfp

Wake up people and fight for what's right! Meow Cup, the Other Metagame of the Decade is NOT under the leadership of a "catgirl". I am humbly asking for the effective and immediate removal of doggirls in the council as there is NO way our prosperous metagame of cats will remain stable under the dictatorship of a finger hungry false God Dog. This has to be stopped at all costs.

Further evidence supporting that dogs have found their way into our metagame:

I believe I'm in critical danger for pointing out such an important and sensitive tiering matter, so I would not be surprised if I am silenced by the people who have the power.

nya

its miyuki monday
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
I saw Poochyena and Mightyena, but haven't seen Yungoos and Gumshoos yet. You have cherrypicked which feliforms to include with blatant disregard of an entire clade. This is a taxonomic travesty against all of phylogeny and disgrace to zoology. Your ignorance has tainted the well of human decency, subverted inclusion, and denied the mongoose its rightful place among its kin. This is a travesty. Your metagame is a mockery of science. Why not include Wishcash at this point? How about Dondozo? Our community must remove the stench of this blunder like a piss-stained corner of the carpet. Only the immediate addition of Yungoos and Gumshoos can rectify this lethal error; it is nyaow or never.
After deliberation, council has decided that Yungoos, Gumshoos, Whicash and Dondozo will be legal in Meow Cup starting April 2nd.

Tagging Kris for implementation

art by in the hills

:blobuwu: MEOW CUP IS FINALLY HERE :blobuwu:

good meowning :3 Finally the Other Meowtagame we've all be waiting for is here! Our first ever OM of the Decade, Meow Cup is finally playable on PS, RIGHT NOW
Meow cup is a randomized format in which you can only use cat pokemon, their movesets and their abilities. Think of it kinda like Balnyanced Hackmons. (Same sort of thing)
Note the format is still in beta so please be aware of any fucky wuckys >~<

Leaders:
Bidoof Princess
Meow
Nya
Alexender

Clauses: Meow Clause

Bans:
Woof

Watchlist:

:luxray: - it's a lynx and gows like meow rawr grrr :3
:glameow: - literally has meow in its name
:solgaleo: - ubers go brrrrrrr
:jumpluff: - dude weed lmao
:zeraora: - if you run this on your team you're probably a furry
:delcatty: - this is a personal rec. i think its cute so i buffed its bst by like 100
:chien-pao: - Chien-Pao is one of the strongest and fastest Pokemon in the metagame, giving it a pedigree for potency. From there, it does not disappoint. Sword of Ruin allows for Chien-Pao to handicap any foe defensively in a similar fashion to how Chi-Yu did specially defensively. While it is true that Chien-Pao lacks the same exact power level of its already-Uber counterpart, it still has an impressive level of damage output coupled with superb speed to function alongside strong tools. Speaking of these tools, let's discuss its arsenal. The Ice-Dark STAB combination hits a vast majority of Pokemon neutrally, if not super effectively. When proven insufficient, complimentary coverage move Sacred Sword and priority moves Ice Shard and Sucker Punch also become noteworthy attacking options. In addition, when forgoing a choice item, Chien-Pao frequently run Swords Dance, allowing for it to break past virtually every wall that lacks Unaware.

FAQs/Comments:
  • Does Meow Cup support FFAs?
    • Yes
  • How long will Meow Cup remain a permaladder
    • It's OM of the Decade so likely until 2033 at the latest. At that point we'll re-evaluate popularity
  • Are there plans for a non-randomized version of the format?
    • Yes, if things go smoothly this will launch in May.
  • Hoppip isn't a cat, idiot.
    • Hypochaeris radicata (sometimes spelled Hypochoeris radicata) – also known as catsear, flatweed,[1][2] cat's-ear,[3] hairy cat's ear,[4] or false dandelion – is a perennial, low-lying edible herb often found in lawns. The plant is native to Europe,[5] but has also been introduced to the Americas,[6][7][8] Japan,[9] Australia,[10] and New Zealand, where it can be an invasive weed. It is listed as a noxious weed in the northwestern U.S. state of Washington.[11

Further Notes:

Thank you for playing and enjoy the meta, nya~

-----------------

Approved by UT and in the hills
mau

it's like hackmons cup but with actual items
life orb does suck bad, but at least you got some bad nfe mons trying to be bulky with eviolite and leftovers going crazy on anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)