• Tera blast
  • Aqua jet
  • Sticky web
  • Air slash
  • Aqua jet
  • Bug buzz
  • U-turn
  • Quiver dance
Tera blast: Normal: special: 80BP: if Tera, switch to better attacking type, if Tera, type = Tera type
Pros
  • Access to sticky web
  • High special attack
  • Access to quiver dance
  • Access to intimidate
  • General good move pool
Cons
  • Middle of the road speed
  • Bad defenses
  • Low health
  • No other hazards
  • bad typing (bug flying is 4x weak to SR)

I don’t think this is staying in UU, but since it’s here right now, let’s discuss it. It has sticky web, an amazing entry hazard, intimidate, an amazing ability, and while it’s speed and defenses are only middle of the road at best, the role it fits into doesn’t really need good defenses.

Sets

Suicide lead (Masquerain) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Sticky Web
- Power Split
- Aqua Jet
- Lunge
The point of this lead is to get in, cripple what ever mon is against you, and die. Power split with the nature plus IV combo basically kills whatever your put up against. This makes a great set up opportunity for other mons and even if you don’t go for crippling, sticky web plus Aqua jet can get a small bit of damage and a hazard up before you die

Quiver dance (Masquerain) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web/U-turn
- Quiver Dance
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
This set mainly relies on surprise factor, with most mons setting up on it only to get outspend and out muscled to die. Bug flying is some ok stab with decent coverage and your U turn and sticky web both give you some momentum.

Good Partners
:espathra: sticky web + power split crippling is basically free set up
:cetitan: basically the same but a bit different and a bit more reliant on sticky web.

thank you for reading :) hopefully this post can bring more attention for this barely ever used mons.

Last edited:
Masquerain sticks out as the best Sticky Webs user in the game that is currently available. The power split set is largely close to unviable and very weak. I like running Stun Spore to be to able to cripple many of its switch ins. It pairs really well with things like Tyrannitar who really appreciate the speed control. Outside of Intimidate, it horrid defensively, but still can do some good damage with Hurricane and Hydro Pump. It has performed pretty well for me and I encourage others to try out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)