Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Something I find interesting is you say that lynching is the most valuable tool, and NOW you want to be cautious with it. i understand (now ;)) that it was RVS earlier but still.
I'll go back and read more but this stuck out to me as Celever trying to find anything to cast Spiffy in a suspicious light. Of course we're being cautious with the lynch now; we want to extend the day. You even lampshade the difference between RVS and an actual lynch in the same sentence yet feel the need to point it out. I don't think anyone who isn't scum would feel the need to "point out" something like this that is so much of a stretch with no real foundation to stand on.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'll go back and read more but this stuck out to me as Celever trying to find anything to cast Spiffy in a suspicious light. Of course we're being cautious with the lynch now; we want to extend the day. You even lampshade the difference between RVS and an actual lynch in the same sentence yet feel the need to point it out. I don't think anyone who isn't scum would feel the need to "point out" something like this that is so much of a stretch with no real foundation to stand on.
He called me out on lynching Spiffy (yes Spiffy was annoyed at a lynch on Spiffy) who had 0 votes on him. That'd have to be a pretty impressive bandwagon to end the day early...

@Celever:
Yes I was using "you" subjectively as the whole town.
Sorry, I misunderstood.
Celever said:
Something I find interesting is you say that lynching is the most valuable tool, and NOW you want to be cautious with it. i understand (now ;)) that it was RVS earlier but still.
If you're referring to how I told everyone barty was at L-2, I ALREADY EXPLAINED IN A PREVIOUS POST (which you seem to have an aversion to reading thoroughly) that I don't want the day to end early, as every other villager should not.
Celever said:
If you don't mind me asking why are you focusing on me for this game?
Because I noticed your scummy behavior and pointed it out already.
Celever said:
Let's have a think why I voted you... because I find you scummy, because I am responding to you and seeing scumminess in the post? I meant to vote you in the above post, that was pretty clear. Tell me if you want me to respond to anything else, I think I covered everything.
"I am voting for you because you are scummy" is NOT a justification for voting for someone. You have done similar things to Blackhawk11 and barty the beetle when you voted for them. Please give postular evidence on all three of us that caught your eye and made you say "wow they are scum I am voting for them".
Celever said:
He called me out on lynching Spiffy (yes Spiffy was annoyed at a lynch on Spiffy) who had 0 votes on him. That'd have to be a pretty impressive bandwagon to end the day early...
Wrong again! I called you out and voted for you BEFORE you voted for me, and I stated clearly my reasons for voting for you. I love how you are resorting to spewing blatant lies as you try to play the victim, nice try. I can not even believe you just said that LOL

As for the reads you asked me to give, I will put them in a separate post as I want you to respond to this while you are still here.

Celever

i am town
@Celever:

Sorry, I misunderstood.

If you're referring to how I told everyone barty was at L-2, I ALREADY EXPLAINED IN A PREVIOUS POST (which you seem to have an aversion to reading thoroughly) that I don't want the day to end early, as every other villager should not.

Because I noticed your scummy behavior and pointed it out already.

"I am voting for you because you are scummy" is NOT a justification for voting for someone. You have done similar things to Blackhawk11 and barty the beetle when you voted for them. Please give postular evidence on all three of us that caught your eye and made you say "wow they are scum I am voting for them".

Wrong again! I called you out and voted for you BEFORE you voted for me, and I stated clearly my reasons for voting for you. I love how you are resorting to spewing blatant lies as you try to play the victim, nice try. I can not even believe you just said that LOL

As for the reads you asked me to give, I will put them in a separate post as I want you to respond to this while you are still here.
No comment

And as I said it would have to be an incredible bandwagon for that lynch to have any chance to kick you out.

You have pointed it out, no one is agreeing or disagreeing with you so you straight up ask them to give reads?

I explained thoroughly why I voted Blckhawk, I wanted an explanation on the Blackhawk+Jalmont connection (which he gave me rather than avoiding/missing it, how come he saw what I wanted and not you). With barty I was as suspicious as everybody else of him, I mean why would you not be. I pointed out in several posts why barty was suspicious, and I have lynched him several times. Specify a lynch and it will be easier to reply. And I have already said that all of my lynches on you have been explained. You seem scummy to me, and I have said so in the post you replied to.

And I am blatantly lying? I feel like you are missing essential things being hungry for a kill, or you could just be angry that you think I am most certainly scum yet no one else is replying, telling people to put reads on me would suggest that.

I have responded, reads please.

@Spiffy, post #145: Ok, analysis of Celever incoming, though I still want to get the three analyses on my to-do list done sometime.

Anyway, on to the analysis:

Begins by advocating astonishly bad tactics, and some other flawed tactics. Later says he didn't know what RVS is. Strikes me as weird, since I was in a NOC with Celever before, and since he much later says that no lynch isn't a good idea... until lategame. What? TrollVS's Spiffy. Suggests a Metal Sonic - Marquis - ??? scumteam on the grounds of "MS could be protecting Marquis with that post," but immediately backs off when Metal Sonic refutes it. Then does a mostly useless summary followed by a wall of text worse-than-useless summary (only post I can think of that I haven't read much of in this thread *tries to read it, fails*). Call it scumreads, though, and I don't see much of that, just summaries... ow.

Later proposes a scumteam of Jalmont, Marquis and barty. All well and good, but he changes his vote from barty to Jalmont. Then readily changes vote from Jalmont to FireMage. Then claims a Jalmont-Blackhawk11 connection, voting the latter... he changes votes so quickly. Lampshades a possible buddying of MS... hey, didn't I, as mafia in RNG NOC, lampshade most of my evil behavior so that people wouldn't realize, because no scum would ever call attention to their scummy behavior? But he also calls out barty for going back on what he said, and some other stuff. Made some defensive posts, and not sure about his most recent one.
Conclusion: scummy, but not worth lynching, yet. I'd LOVE an inspect on him, though, if we have it.

Sorry for the inactivity, I've been playing Xbox all day so far. So some insight on Celever, eh? At this point I find that he is trying to avoid the attention/pressure coming to him by accusing Spiffy of tunneling. I really don't like this as he is obviously trying to do anything he can to elude pressure off him and shift it over to another player. He even lied to possibly stop from being questioned. I also despise that he voted Spiffy for NO ROf course he could just be noob town and doesn't know how to respond well under pressure but the way he his posting makes it seem like he is anxious to get Spiffy off his back. To add to this, the Jalmont+Blackhawk11 connection he mentioned doesn't really make sense at all in my opinion. Just because someone doesn't mention someone right off the bat isn't a surefire way to tell whether someone is mafia or not. It isn't a reliable way to find scum and for that reason I do not like it.

@FireMage: Get the fuck off No Lynch. It is contributing absolutely NOTHING for the town. Also, any reason to why those are your three main suspects other than gut feeling? Maybe post what you think is scummy of each individual please.

One good thing I've noticed about @Houndoomsday is that he actually responds to things that aren't usually directed at him, such as lynch-gate early on in the day. This is not a common trait among the newer NOC players, and is townie points in my book. Other than that he doesn't really call anyone out, but everyone has their own playstyle so that is a moot point. There is nothing about him that has made me question him, so right now I am leaning town.

@Aura Guardian is being really annoying with only posting something when he is asked to and it seems like he is trying to fly under the radar. Considering how experienced he is, he could be a valuable asset but his refusal to post anything unless prodded to is worrying. I said before that I liked his most recent post, but I have since found some things that I don't agree with. Most notably using mathematical probabilities to determine whether someone is scum or not. He is very capable of scumhunting so I don't get why he's not even trying. Slight scum.

I already explained my reasoning for detesting @Jalmont's first non-RVS post (it didn't sound like him, fluff, etc.) but he seems to have adopted his old playstyle of being aggressive. His "angry" post pretty much shut my mouth and explained why he posted that way. My only concern is that when he was under pressure he seemed to only be concerned about defending himself, only pointing out some minor things about Metal Sonic and barty. I would like to hear some more of his reads. Null.

As for @Blackhawk11, I really don't have much to say about him. Like Houndoomsday, he hasn't really called anyone out. That's not really a bad thing. Nothing he is doing jumps out at me as bad, but he isn't in my top town reads either. He's a pretty tough read. Overall, Null, with a slight slight slight town read for being seemingly level-headed and acting like he did when he was village in RNG NOC.

@Celever please respond to all of the questions I present to you.
Celever said:
And as I said it would have to be an incredible bandwagon for that lynch to have any chance to kick you out.
What does this have to with anything?
Celever said:
You have pointed it out, no one is agreeing or disagreeing with you so you straight up ask them to give reads?
Would you rather I allow my biggest scumread to CONTINUE being ignored by everyone? Just like you asked me to give reads on players I haven't said much on, I asked them to give a read about a player who they haven't said much on. Are you scared of other players sharing their opinion about you?
Celever said:
I explained thoroughly why I voted Blckhawk, I wanted an explanation on the Blackhawk+Jalmont connection (which he gave me rather than avoiding/missing it, how come he saw what I wanted and not you). With barty I was as suspicious as everybody else of him, I mean why would you not be. I pointed out in several posts why barty was suspicious, and I have lynched him several times.
Fine.
Celever said:
And I have already said that all of my lynches on you have been explained. You seem scummy to me, and I have said so in the post you replied to.
I asked you to give postular evidence, meaning: Identify the post that you find scummy and tell me why you think it is scummy. I am looking for an explanation but I cannot find it, so point it out to me.
Celever said:
And I am blatantly lying?
What is your explanation for stating something that is incorrect, then? For reference, this is the post I am talking about:
Celever said:
He called me out on lynching Spiffy (yes Spiffy was annoyed at a lynch on Spiffy) who had 0 votes on him.
Celever said:
I feel like you are missing essential things being hungry for a kill, or you could just be angry that you think I am most certainly scum yet no one else is replying, telling people to put reads on me would suggest that.
God forbid I want other people to share their opinion of my biggest scumread.

Actually, Spiffy, I fully intend to (in not-too long) get the three scumreads I mentioned done. That isn't something I was asked for, I just haven't had the full time needed to do all three like I want to.

Celever

i am town
I apologize massively since this just makes me look like a giant noob, but may I have some clarification on lampshading? From wht I understand it is pointing out your scummy actions to make it look less scummy.
I can't see a massive point of the last paragraph of Aura Guardian's post, the first few sentences are just summarizing my lynch votes, you could just look at the vote count.... or even remember it. Something I like is everyone has talked about your flawed logic at the start of the game yet you find it a valid accusation for me.

@FireMage For goodness sake post reads, those aren't reads. The point of poting frequently is so we can find connections. By your logic we would get about 2 posts a day and the mafia would sweep through the village and win. Also I may be part of the village and I may be an idiot, but that wasn't in my role PM xP.

@Spiffy Those reads were ok, fairly shallow, however. I want to point out here that you have been digging at me the whole. Damn. GAME. I'm a new player of mafia, this is my second game, of course I am going to slip up under pressure. I am going to slip up with an experienced player digging at me with questions like you are giving me, this is really frickin' difficult for me to justify myself and personally I think I am doing OK.
You want postular evidence? Fine.... in a little while, I don't have time to do so currently. If you want me to be more careful with my lynches everyone then fine, changing lynches have gone out of my mind. Now I will be back in a little while, I want some good posts since then for me to respond to....

Ok, this will mostly just be a 24 hour post, but I find that what Celever stated in her last paragraph in her last post can also apply to my situation, however, I honestly find that I have not taken the pressure so well...
Also about my 3rd paragraph on the role PM: Due to a role specific rule from Eagle, I can't give any information about it, but I think it might be something that comes into use later.
Sorry for posting nothing.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry Spiffy will have to do what you want tomorrow, but barty is confirmed vigilante I think??

Going to sleep now.
So, did you deduce this from your extensive experience of playing mafia, or is that the fake claim you worked out with barty and the other mafia on the scumchat? I have no idea where this is coming from.

curious to the logic as well, especially from a player who keeps on crying "im a noob thats why im slipping up", because i have no idea where you are drawing that assumption from and its either got to be advanced mafia design stuff or whatever.

also the fact that barty didnt post anything is setting off major bells. hes is (or was, i think celever unvoted him), at L-2! we are applying as much lynch pressure as possible without actually lynching and yet he is just saying "sorry for posting nothing!". while i dont want a lynch this early in the day when we can drag it out a bit more to get better reads on everyone, we need to think of some way to force barty to actually post. i know i sound like a broken record but unless barty is extremely nooby he is scum and i cant fathom anyone being that noob.

@Woodchuck you havent posted much but at the same time im getting roughly the same scumreads as you so im not too worried about you being mafia, however please up the posting a bit

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I absolutely agree with the above sentiment.

I'd like for somebody to put Barty at L-1, but do not hammer. Anybody that hammers will be immediately lynched tomorrow for stealthing.

If L-1 doesn't force him to talk... I don't know what will.

@FireMage Are you really that lazy? Well, since you seem to be quite free(and have nothing to comment about in this game,) I'll prescribe your homework and it is to read these two games. They are testament to my scumhunting abilities. Read them fully and thoroughly. It'll make up for your lack of contribution this game.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rng-noc-game-over.3483267/ -- Only lost because RNG

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mafia-from-the-depths-game-over-insane-win.3479187/ --- Town lsot because Solar Vapor fucked the whole game over.

Celever, I hope you do realise that you do not make sense. How is barty "confirmed vigilante?"

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That may be right.

However, we still do have unlimited deadline on Day 2. If he tries to do this, we can still work with more information PLUS have a guaranteed mafia dead on our hands already.

man I just finished reading mafia from the depths and I am fuckin gutted at how much pokemon online and its dumb mafiascum influences have killed off my SWAGGER spiffy blame the pokemon online people for killing it off (i'm looking at "leave a message after the" here)

I am confused as to why people think barty is a good lynch vote after he seemingly claimed a PR? I mean obviously at this point he might as well fully claim (might as well put it in the papers) but either way what's the point in lynching a dude who is claiming a powerful role? I find it to be more legit considering the fact that barty's experience or lack thereof suggests that he wouldn't pull a "CLAIM DAY 1 under slight pressure." only certain people claim day 1 and those people usually aren't mafia

"lampshading" is only bad because it suggests one is not confident of their reads - not because there are trying to cover up being scum (no mafia would actually be brazen enough to do that purposefully). I do feel celever has been around long enough to be confident but maybe not? I understand the feeling though, being a beginner at mafia means you in general look up to people who supposedly have "more experience" which, as i'm sure most will find out, means even less in NOC then OC

unfortunately user: firemage is setting off alarm bells. he claims he is willing to vote 2-3 players, and then claims he needs more evidence to actually vote someone.

also: this sentence: "I do think celever is pointing out the blame (sometimes unecessarily) a lot to other users and drawing a lot of attention away from others and pushing them towards Metal Sonic, Jalmont and Barty" doesn't make sense and is something that appears to make it look as if firemage is saying some intelligent and useful to the village when in reality it actually doesn't mean anything
vote fire mage

busy this weekend so don't expect any huge fireworks for yo

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Jalmont that makes perfect sense, celever is trying to shift attention away from themself on onto others, especially when people apply pressure. celever hasn't done anything to prove his innocence - rather - try to shift the focus elsewhere. Sorry if I'd expressed myself poorly.

@Metal Sonic - I don't have reams of time - I have a job 6am --> 5/6/7/8pm 6 days a week (I have to leave at 6am to get there on time) Am usually too tired to do much when I do get home and am usually trying to a butt-ton of things on my single day of because it's the only time I can get things done.
I'll browse over the thread and post when I feel is needed - I'm looking over the RNG NOC thread at the moment and I'll think of something interesting and hopefully useful to say afterwards. (I'm also not just lazy, i just cba to trawl through threads in which could have you do absolutely nothing in them.)

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After re-reading through (More thoroughly) this thread, and the two links Metal Sonic gave - I'm certain that he is Villager. (idk if it's a power role or not)

For now, I'll change my vote to Lynch celever
I'm not the best analyser ever, but celever is the only one I can feasibly justify within my own mind. He's constantly on the defensive about any accusations thrown towards him and is quick to jump to conclusions.

I'm pretty much neutral to everyone else now, I've got no reason to suspect anyone else with the limited information given - neither am I terribly experienced in analysing people I don't know well using a limited number of posts and accusations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)