Spiffy: (1) Celever
barty the beetle: (1) Marquis
Aura Guardian: (1) Marquis, Solar Vapor
Marquis: (1) Jalmont Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday
FireMage: (1) barty the beetle
Celever: (0) Spiffy
Jalmont: (0) Marquis, Spiffy
Not voting: Metal Sonic, Aura Guardian, FireMage, Blackhawk11

I'll let barty the beetle's edit slide. Althpugh yeah, don't edit; it's against the rules.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I'm gonna give a bit of info on Celever based on what I learned last game (Twilight/RNG Mafia). (link) Celever is a guy, he is a huge noob (Twilight Princess Mafia was his first game), and he isn't afraid to consistently point out either of those two facts (intentionally or unintentionally). So yeah, I'm not very surprised that he didn't know about the random voting phase, as I don't think that he's really done any research besides what he's played in. So far everything that I've seen from him is consistent with his village M.O., which is "I don't know what I'm doing so I'll just do what I think is right."

I'm not sure what to think about barty's most recent post. On one hand, it seems like he's making an earnest plea to the village not to lynch him, trying to get us on his side. On the other, why is he getting so defensive so quickly? His post seems like something that would come out of desperation when he's only a couple of votes away from being lynched, instead he has only received one vote. I'm leaning toward believing that he is scum, and just had a terrible reaction to a pressure vote.

Other recent pressure reactions:
Marquis responded to the doubts about him with a huge post, putting in his application for #1 scumhunter. A bit forceful in parts, especially directed towards barty, but that could be his personality/style and it has seemed to work. He seems pretty legit town atm.
Solar Vapor responded to houndoomsday's quick vote with scumreads of his own; there wasn't much pressure applied and he definitely didn't blow that pressure out of proportion.

Summary: Celever is a noob, Marquis and Solar Vapor responded well to low levels of pressure, barty responded rather poorly to a medium amount of pressure.

Eagle, you missed my vote on AG, not that it matters too much.
Unvote Aura Guardian
Vote barty the beetle

In answer to the "Why didn't you RVS someone" questions directed at me: The only people who stood out enough to vote were already voted in some way, so I'd rather not accidentally start a bandwagon - yeah, it could find mafia just fine, but they'll probably know better than to expose themselves on it, while villagers haplessly pursue it. No, they didn't have many votes on them, but without a vote count, I wasn't in much shape to count them.

However, it is time now to answer @Marquis's question: The reason I called your vote a troll, despite knowing what RVS is, is because of the rather prominent declaration that jalmont was listed as a mafia in your PM. I figured that if that part of it was a joke, then the vote was also probably a troll. I would like to say now that you have bad timing for jokes; joke that close to an RVS was... don't. As for my views of Metal Sonic, I have some work I need to do IRL, but after that, I can return to this thread.

@Spiffy: It's because there were enough RVS's and reactions flying around already, or that were going to start flying soon, that it would have been redundant.

Anyway, 1 vote on FireMage, who I cannot see any votes on. Lynch FireMage.

Triple post! Time for my views on @Metal Sonic: Post 28, while elaborate, was not really relevant to the game individually, except to announch that he was cutting it out with the annoying aspect of his style. That could have been said much more succinctly, and the post was late enough that it could have had content regarding other players in it. Also, post 31 seemed a little bit of buddying with Celever - not much though, and since I played in a game with both of them town, I can't say too much against them. The rest of post 31 seemed filler-ish, though given that it's Metal Sonic, I guess stuff like what the filler was is to be expected. Then he encourages a newbie to continue with criticism. That style just seems sort of reminiscent of Twilight/RNG NOC, only when I (mafia, then) used it instead of him, to mask my lack of contribution them. Overall, it's not much of a suspicion. It's just that it seems a little off, but I could be reading too much into it. Hence, why MS is the least suspect (in my view) of the 3 I named...

Solar Vapor is making my alarms go off right now. He's made a few "whatever" posts and what I mean by that is little one-liners that in general don't say much, but look good in keeping appearances and the like. His one major content post was (ick) a long read post that did a good job of summarizing stuff up, but didn't offer much in terms of opinions on the game. At the moment, lists like those look pretty, but don't do much on the whole for the benefit of the town.

I feel like I know Solar Vapor under a different name. Someone help me out here lol!

Please don't waste time making a list of reads unless you have something thought-provoking to say. It clutters up the thread and it's a good escape route for mafia to go and post, as it's really easy to make up fake and convoluted reads that don't really say anything at all. The last two NOC games on smogon that I played that was a huge indicator of scum (as in two people who do so were scum) so I think I would advise against encouraging such play.

Marquis is legitimately the definition to "tl;dr" at the moment, which sort of goes against what is normal for him? Granted I haven't been in too much early game play with him (limited to substitutions / hosting games he has been in). Answering inside quotes is annoying and hard to respond to fyi.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
um yeah, I actually slightly forgot about this due to my pretty much full schedule ( I have v.many people who can confirm - check out #neverused)
I'll go through everything posted and see what i can decipher~

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Jeez this is a lot of activity, anyway I will do a brief summary of these posts (a propoer one this time ;))

#39 Not much of note, Solar Vapor just repeats something again.
#40 Spiffy gives ome fairly townish reads, although to justify myself a little I had never seen the words RVS or 'Random Voting Stage' mentioned in the twilight princess mafia, look through the thread it's not there. I have done a bit of research on roles and stuff but not really on stagees of the game, I should do that some time. ;x
#41 + #42 Houndoomsday corrected Spiffy on his read of him, and in post #42 pretty much summed up my logic for not voti ng yet.
#43 Solar Vapor shoots down said llogic.
#44 Jalmont comments on the good activity and announces that we are out of the RVS, although people pressue voted anyway!
#45 Commenting on a comment every sentence, in order. So Marquis does the generic repeating of this game's early stages - RVS etc.. I admittedly don't know what quickhammers are, but from what I gather from that quote he's just repeating most of the logic of stealths already mentioned. The only thing interesting here is why he fabricated a post to go into the RVS, from what I can tell the RVS is in a lot of games anyway and making things up completely out of your head in the very first post just shows that you are not trustworthy IMO. No comment really, he had no comment on my quote other than saying I am randomly guilty because my "reasoning is off", I didn't really give any evidence in the quote so I want to know where my reasoning in the quote is. This laptop is slow so no link, but it is the "RNG mafia", the one which you apparently followed. That was because Aura Guardian had the same logic as I, I see that was buddying now though, I'll be more careful not to buddy next time. I said ignore or just lynch actually, since I didn't want to have to deal wth another Metal Sonic (no offense, great you're changing :D)
Flawed logic I realize now, fair enough. I also assessed your post in the above paragraph, funnily enough. Um, it workED just fine? Which scum has slipped up then, eh? RVS doesn't seem to be thinking before you lynch anyway, hence 'random'. Looking forward to playing with you too ;D.
Your whole logic appears to be flawed.... he was the first to say you might not be scum in that post. It appears that barty and Marquis (got it right ;D) may be in a scum team, barty took the first opportunity to try and clean Marquis and Marquis realized they got too close together and quickly tried to throw barty into the "scrumradar". Just a theory though ~~
Lots of people knew about the RVS, in fact everyone but me I think, he was just the first person to use the word.
IDEK with that quote :s, I'm trying to out things that other players may think makes sense and use themselves, though a lot of it ends up kinda flawed...
In that quote he said just as everyone was thinking, you're some kind of troll. I am pretty sure you said that you followed t, if not then it is just down the page.... jeez, it requires a click. For the record I was vanillager... and it was my first and only other game.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :C
Spelling errors! Yes your vote seemed trollish, "dis is serious bros!!!!!!!!". Yay for being good! There you go, you have read part of the game yet you keep asking for links, good logic .-.. Well Marquis (Got it right again :D) what do YOU think of Metal Sonic? Detailed read please. Again, don't fabricate like that, it shows you are untrustworthy. Ok so you avoided a question, completely missed the the vote would have been for pressure and agreed with something.... next.
if Marquis STARTS idling lynch him, a.k.a read next time.
The bits about me have ended, I answered a bit for barty because why not but Houndoomsday can answer the last two quotes about himself.
#46 This post I find interesting, as you would with scum reads, however the first sentence interests me. "Thank you for explaining yourself Marquis now I am not suspicious of you ". That is buddying IMO. However Houndoomsday pretty much voiced what everybody was thinking on Metal Sonic, and that is something you should be congratulated for. Overall those reads are good, and he has convinced me about barty's scumminess, something that I missed. At least an FoS on barty for now (I know they are not in this game) but I am typing this up as I read through these posts so it may change later on though.
#47 barty, I was making lots of scum reads in my first game, and this is my second and look at what I am doing. Honestly you need to step out from the crowd - stop cheerleading, it's not helpful! In the post you pretty much answered Houndoomsday said "it's still early in the game" is not an excuse any more, why did you use it?
#48 + #49. In #48 Marquis does nothing of note other than try and put more pressure on Barty, in #49 Solar Vapor puts some pretty good reads in. I don't have much of a comment on them right now though.
#50 Marquis used skill swap! Barty gained the ability defeatist! No but in all seriousness that post makes you look even more scummy. I will give you your second chance... with pressure, Vote Barty The Beetle.
#51 + #52 nothing of note, the vote count and solar vapor telling barty he broke a rule.
#53 Blackhawk puts another vote on barty, says that I fit my M.O (idk what that is ._.') from last game where I was village. He says Marquis responded well to the pressure, have people actually read that post? I can't seem to figure out what is so twown about it, if barty wasn't more suspicious I would have a vote on Marquis right now actually.
#54 + #55 #56 Aura Guardian did some pretty legit reads imo. The Metal Sonic was basically repeating, though.
#57 Jalmont finally posts again with a lot of pressure on Solar Vapor, however he didn't put a vote on him. He said not to do long reads with nothing in them, but if I don't do this this will be a lot of time wasted D:!
#58 Marquis randomly says he posts content.
#59 As the only person here who also goes on #neverused (I think?) i can confirm FireMage has a busy schedule, I actually said so in a much earlier post

So that is my scum reads, I don't know how to spoiler tag something on the new forums but I think eagle4 will be fine with it if someone tells me how to do it and I edit, since this wsas rather long.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Celever, I think you shold be more concise with your reads.

Once the activity gets higher, and you continue with this style, not only are you going to have a hard time writing them out; but we will also have a difficult time reading your word salad.

My initial reads coming soon.

Ok, I've had a chance to rest up, and I've now gotten a bit of a better perspective on what is going on.

Was I really that tired yesturday?

Anyway, I haven't been able to get a clear view of any possible sides yet, but I do have a person who I wish to make a post of their viewpoint right now.

First of all, I'll remove my lynch vote on FireMage. I understand that some people can be busy with other things, but I still want to hear an opinion from you.

Secondly, I wish to put a vote in to lynch Blackhawk11, because although you have made an attempt to analyse some posts, I want to hear another, more detailed explanation from you.

Finally Celever, if you wish to put in a lynch vote on me, it would be easier to see if you put it in bold. Just a reminder for next time. Now, I'll go and check out CAP and ASB before building something on Minecraft. I'll check back later.

Celever

i am town
Wait I did bold that.... that's annoying.

@Metal Sonic Yeah I didn't want to do a massive post, the different reads of posts are split with #[insert number] so it should be quit clear. In regards to Marquis' big post which I had a lot to answer to, as I said in the post each quote he did (comment) was split by a sentence.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Celever: Town. It's the newbie celever I've seen in RNG mafia, and happens to be an easy mislynch(without the powerful scumhunting/experience that is Metal Sonic). His posts seem genuine and he is trying very hard to help town lol. But doing it wrong :p

Barty: Null-Town. Maybe it's because of the compliment he gave me, which is why I might possibly be biased, but it seems genuine to me(I can't tell :<). It may be buddying to get on my good side, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jalmont: Slightly Scummy. His latest post just seems like description and stating the facts, and not contributing to the town. This may be his constant trolling as town early-game, so I may change this read if he perks up later.

Aura-Guardian: Null. Even though he has posted a lot of content, which may be from town, he is an experienced player, with him being scum last game. I'm can't tell with certainty if he's scum or town just yet(not as if we can tell anything Day 1!), but just because of the potential risk like last game I will lean more towards scum than town, but still null.

Blackhawk: Slightly Town. His latest post seems insightful enough, and I would have put him straight as town if it had included that "magic content" that I was looking for. Overall quite good, anyway.

Marquis: Scum. Pretending to be MS when MS is in the same game as he is, is a no-no.

Spiffy: Slightly Town. He provided insightful thoughts and his aggressive play is benefiting discussion. Has been shown to be a strong town, and would've carried the game to victory if not for some person forgetting the game mechanics. Of course I did help nail 2 scum consecutively too.

@Jalmont: Solar Vapor = Shining Latios. I'm willing to give him another chance since he's changed his name+avatar, and all that.

Sorry for the inactivity :(

I'm sure the last thing everyone wants to hear is "activity post" but I just want everyone to know that I am really pressed for time and can't post what I want to right now, so in about 5/6 hours I should be back to my normal active self!

My vote remains on Metal Sonic because he still hasn't addressed the oddness of his first post.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Eagle4 told me specifically "Don't act like a retard or you're getting godkilled"

I interpret it as "Your play sucks and you suck"

So I'm going to "not suck". By being a worse scumhunter. Ironic, isn't it?

Yeah you guys asked for it.

Even Phoenix Wright had to step down due to some nasty out-of-court pressure on him.

Jalmont you say I have not offered much on opinion of the game but looking back at your posts neither have you other than stating not to go around labeling people scum or town so quickly. Let's see you contribute.

As for Metal Sonic, I'm confused on the reasoning of labeling Marquis scum. So I guess anyone that "plays" like you is a reliable way to tell if someone is scum, right? How about giving a better reason other than that bullshit. Also, I think Eagle4 meant don't do anything stupid, but if that is how you interpret it then sure. "I'm willing to give him another chance since he's changed his name+avatar, and all that." What the fuck does that even mean?

MS you havent done anything to refute the claims of your intro post being scummy and i would like a bit more explanation of why marquis is scummy. you have no justification besides 'hes like me'.

Celever seems to be really noob but has played before, it still seems scummy and that last post was painful.

woodchuck has made one post and it was shit, so vote Woodchuck

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
How is my first post scummy? All of you just say its a little "off" but never actually tell me which part? What am I suppose to refute?

Solar Vapor, as I said I am going to give you another chance to be a better player, I suppose you do not want me to spell out what exactly you did and all.

I was joking about my read on Marquis. But his introduction of calling Jalmont' 'scum' in his 'role pm', then not pushing on his "scumread", is very scummy.

first of all, from watching him interact on the forums, i simply dont believe he would back down from his "persona" if you will. ive noticed from previous mafia games and other non-circus maximus postings he is very stubborn. i simply dont believe because of some namecalling he decides to completely shift how he acts. then he keeps claiming how he is just vanilla town and not number 1 scumhunter, which is suspicious because a) he seems to be trying hard to convince us he is town, and b) by stepping down he is hurting the village, and despite what people may think hes pretty damn good at scumhunting, and i dont really see a reason for stepping down from that role

c/p from an above post

"these two people are scummy but i'm going to vote someone else anyways" - houndoomsday also fuk balotelli hehe

Metal Sonic did what I specifically said not to do, and while my word isn't law or anything, it sure look bad to me.

If you are trying to read me based on "meta" go look at smogon games. Those are more indicative of my playstyle here. Besides, the fact you claim my posts are descriptions shows that you aren't actually reading my posts and sticking to a past assumption on me. (you being ms btw) Your reads post didn't anything of real value and is compromised of a lot of nothingness. Funny you call me out for description when you are the one who is sticking to summarization (also celever but that's a different story).

Ugh shining latios. I'm almost willing to give him a pass here just because "it's shining latios" but his response to me was really bad. He got really defensive really quickly, didn't address anything I had to say, and then goes on to accuse me? I mean again, it really shows who is actually reading posts (hint: vapor isn't) when people say silly things like "you've just been labeling people scum or town," when that isn't true at all? Not giving an opinion? Try reading my posts again and/or look up what an opinion is lol.

put my money where my mouth is heh

Lynch solar vapor

ms has 2 votes on him and id rather get a read on woodchuck than put more pressure on celever because celever is already fairly scummy but i have no idea about woodchuck

balotelli is telling you to shush yourself

o my b misread that

either way I've actually said more than that, much deeper beyond what you claim i've said. try rereading my posts again and tell me that's the only thing i've said

Celever

i am town
First of all I am quite stuck for time here to post so if the reads thing looked off I was trying to get it done quickly. Honestly I believe Metal Sonic when he says Eagle4 told him to stop acting like a retard or he will be godkilled, we talk a lot via irc (me to eagle) and he hates Metal Sonic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)