Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Of course @Acklow cannot confirm anything more? Maybe PM Eagle or find him on irc (he is in #orangeislands or #cap usually if he is not in any channels you are in) and find out how much you can uncover?

Celever

i am town
Oh wow .-..

@Metal Sonic is it a special item from Double Dash? I would guess you are allowed to say that but you should check with Eagle. My logic for this is the Double dash items are ones that you may not know what they do. Ask eagle if there is any type of clue in any way at all that you may give, and Acklow could follow suite or vice versa? I'm excited about this now.
Unfortunately I don't have an item though, otherwise I would also confess.

But yeah it looks like once we're getting out of the mafia and into the Mario Kart I can help the village more, I guess my geekiness pays of sometimes :D.

Celever

i am town
Also from what little I can tell you the item lacks an active or a passive ability. It looks like one of those win conditions items that people need to gather.
Actually could somebody explain "passive" and "active" abilities. I've just realized I don't know what they really mean but my theories should still make sense? xD

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't play mario kart, so i have 0% idea if its from double dash or not idk

maybe i can give a hint... it is the color of my sonic avatar

yeah celever work that out for me

Acklow said:
And you even mentioned that yourself as well: you were surprised that I played against your expectations in that I claimed vanilla village rather than trying to make a claim as PR. Where's the logic in that? The only logical explanation would be that I actually am vanilla and that I had no reason to hide it.
I was only reminding everyone that, if they thought barty was scummy, can't just throw away that suspicion because a new player stepped in. I stand by my statement that you seem village for now.

I still know nothing about Jalmont's opinions from reading his post, if anything his post was a "long wall post that lacks content but looks really good". @Jalmont what are your reads on Blackhawk11, Aura Guardian, and Celever?

Celever said:
I said which point it was, the point of "Metal Sonic voted a person he thought was vanilla".
I stated that point again because I was casting a vote for Metal Sonic. If I just said "vote Metal Sonic", don't you think everyone would want me to state my reasons? It doesn't matter if he explained it, I still think it is scummy so I voted for him.

Celever said:
I keep bringing new things up that make you seem scummy whereas you are making the same few points. Looking over your posts and reads and the amount of scummy points brought up I am less scummy than other people yet you are still persisting against me.
Clearly everyone else doesn't seem to agree that I have been acting scummy. Maybe because you're the only one that needs to find some convoluted way to incriminate me? I've explained away all of your points, so it's your choice if you still feel this way.

Celever said:
I didn't just say "none of your business" I said "none of your business right now but you will find out later in the game so if you can stick with me that'd be great". It has to be said for an experienced player you are missing out on a lot of things, other players have read through the lines of that and figured stuff out already which for an experienced player like you it is odd that you would miss that. Well done to the players who can read through the lines though
If you said that for the reason I think you said that then I just don't know what to say. There are plenty of ways you could have handled that and alluding to "that" was completely unnecessary. And notice how my vote has been off of you ever since that occurred.

Celever said:
I don't know why people aren't mentioning Spiffy in a bad light at all. If you look back he has done little to help the town other than provide reads, only when asked, and pick on me. Maybe I'm a scum read for you, but I'm a scum read for like two posts on day 1 (irl) on day 1and then a few of my defenses haven't been "up-to-scratch". Eventually I slipped up by missing some questions that I thought I had answered (I answered one of them so it was weird I didn't see the rest, idfk) and everyone bandwagoned on me over one thing. Spiffy has had flawed logic on several occasions and hasn't at all been active unless I quote or tag him but people are doing nothing against him?
I'd still like to know the flaws in my logic, because I have yet to see any of those. And maybe no one isn't mentioning me because they don't find me scummy? What else could it be? :O

There is no need for the item speculation, it's pretty useless and just gives people more of an excuse to act like they're contributing.

And seriously @Metal Sonic what posessed you to reveal that information? I see NO reason for you to have said that, and you're more than intelligent enough to know not to do that (maybe not). Wtf?

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Also,

since Acklow *may* not be scum,

my top 3 scumreads (in order of scumminess) are:

Marquis/Snaquaza: Read Marquis as scum in the first place, and now Snaquaza gives me the creeps. Furthermore, it seems that snaquaza only provides summaries and not valuable information for hunting scum... I'm willing to lynch him first

Firemage/cxinlee: Firemage was absolutely useless to the town, and now cxinlee doesn't help town too much either and seems to given methodical reads and playing it like coaching. But there is a contradiction here: how can there be coaching if its not in the night? I don't think the scum have daytalk? But there is still the possibility that he is following a guide that is given pregame, idk??

Barty/Acklow: Acklow's a lot better than barty, but barty dug a hole so deep its impossible to ignore. Furthermore, I have a theory for why he claimed vanilla. "Assume" he is the mafia, then note that barty already made a contradiction by <softclaiming> PR THEN saying he was villager. This is already a problem. Acklow, being experienced, may possibly wanted to claim villager to reduce the possibility of getting counterclaimed(and getting instalynched) and have an easily "vanilla" claim which corroborates with barty's irrational blurting. So there IS a possible motive for Acklowscum to claim vanilla instead of PR. Of course, this is only speculation and shit-throwing but yes it is possible.

Yeah I'd like Snaquaza out of here; fear of the unknown, he's one of the few mafia which my radar fails to detect.

Vote: Snaquaza

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
@Spiffy
Why wouldn't I reveal information? Giving out more information benefits the town as we are able to find out how it works. Furthermore, I have no idea what it does so maybe another town player/PR is able to benefit from it? Celever seems to be the expert here, and I trust him, so he can work out what item I have and how it works so that it can be put to use to defeat the scum.

Celever

i am town
I can't see the issue of Metal Sonic revealing he has an item. Maybe it gives... idk the bodyguard less of a chance of protecting someone with the ite, tonight? I have no clue lol.

Metal Sonic's avi is yellow, so possible items are:
Bannana
Big Bannana (the kong family's special from Mario Kart: Double Dash!)
Golden Mushroom (and this is the interesting one)
Gold Shell (very unlikely as it only appeared in arcade versions of Mario Kart, but still possible)
Fireball
Coin
Star
Super Leaf (similar colour :/)
and
Thunder cloud.

Metal Sonic claim has actually been incredibly helpful, since there are two likely theories from this:
The Golden Mushroom is spread between players
A piece of the Golden Mushroom has been given to several players. This would mean that if all pieces of this Golden Mushroom were to meet in some way no doubt specified in the role PMs the village could simply win or get one/two members of the mafia uncovered etc. etc. This is definitely the most likely theory, I thought of it with Acklow's claim and Metal Sonic pretty much confirmed this.

Coins
This is also a nice idea to toy with. Mario Kart 7 brought coins back after they dropped out of the series in Super Mario Kart, so Eagle4 may have wanted to include them to, idk, celebrate. I definitely think the Golden Mushroom is the more likely option, but if lots of coins become uncovered something good may happen? idek.

Basically I would like to say Acklow and Metal Sonic have a power in this game with the pieces of the Golden Mushroom that it is likely they have. Of course there are other theories such as the thunder cloud being passed to a player and shrink them or the star just to plough through shit but I definitely think those are the two most likely especially the former.

Thoughts???

Celever

i am town
I was only reminding everyone that, if they thought barty was scummy, can't just throw away that suspicion because a new player stepped in. I stand by my statement that you seem village for now.

I still know nothing about Jalmont's opinions from reading his post, if anything his post was a "long wall post that lacks content but looks really good". @Jalmont what are your reads on Blackhawk11, Aura Guardian, and Celever?

I stated that point again because I was casting a vote for Metal Sonic. If I just said "vote Metal Sonic", don't you think everyone would want me to state my reasons? It doesn't matter if he explained it, I still think it is scummy so I voted for him.

Clearly everyone else doesn't seem to agree that I have been acting scummy. Maybe because you're the only one that needs to find some convoluted way to incriminate me? I've explained away all of your points, so it's your choice if you still feel this way.

If you said that for the reason I think you said that then I just don't know what to say. There are plenty of ways you could have handled that and alluding to "that" was completely unnecessary. And notice how my vote has been off of you ever since that occurred.

I'd still like to know the flaws in my logic, because I have yet to see any of those. And maybe no one isn't mentioning me because they don't find me scummy? What else could it be? :O

There is no need for the item speculation, it's pretty useless and just gives people more of an excuse to act like they're contributing.

And seriously @Metal Sonic what posessed you to reveal that information? I see NO reason for you to have said that, and you're more than intelligent enough to know not to do that (maybe not). Wtf?
First of all I said "if anything his post was a "long wall post that lacks content but looks really good"." a few posts back lmao. That's what I mean about repeating stuff to make your posts look bigger.

Fair enough with that I suppose... Although he explained it well so I still don't see why you would think it is scummy.

Clearly people only started lynching me when I was avoiding those questions that I didn't know existed and the fact that an experienced player finds me scummy makes me look scummier.

Uhhh obviously I don't want anything said but I think I know what you're getting at and it's wrong, but looking at it another way it could not be wrong?? I'll just let you think what you want for now lol.

I'm sure I've given examples of flawed logic in my posts? My computer has started being slow so I will have to check back later but o_k.

Also I will be heading back home in like 2-3 days so I would like it if day 1 could stay up for that long (of course I can understand if something comes up I suppose it doesn't really matter given that night will be another day and it doesn't seem like it is finishing any time soon but still).

Also i am interested as day 1 has gone on for 9/10 irl days now, how long do these days usually last? Obviously I want it to go on for as long as possible so I can get back from holiday and contribute better but still .-..
I think around 10 is what most last from the couple I have read, but I really have no clue.

Also why has no one talked about Jalmont's posts? He hasn't posted for close to week I think and comes back with... that. As said before he was incredibly hypocritical with what he was saying to Solar Vapor earlier in the game and then he basically did what he said Acklow did (and btw I read his posts word-for-word since I'm a terrible scanner :confused:) in doing a big post with nothing in it, whereas Acklow didn't do that.
thanks for reading my posts ;). I mentioned it and lynched him, can't apply much more pressure than that! If he continues to john I think other players need to take more action.

ABOUT THE ITEM DISCUSSION: I mentioned before my role spoke of an item and everyone ignored me. I can't reveal the item mentioned because flavor but I do not have an item right now.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I think the item speculation is pretty pointless. Since we aren't allowed to do anything with them we might as well just ignore the issue until something happens I guess. It's a nice way to pad your postcount though!

@Metal Sonic are mafias normally not allowed to use their scumchat during the day? That would probably put a damper on the cxinlee puppetmaster theory.

Celever

i am town
I think around 10 is what most last from the couple I have read, but I really have no clue.

thanks for reading my posts ;). I mentioned it and lynched him, can't apply much more pressure than that! If he continues to john I think other players need to take more action.

ABOUT THE ITEM DISCUSSION: I mentioned before my role spoke of an item and everyone ignored me. I can't reveal the item mentioned because flavor but I do not have an item right now.
I remembered someone talking about it but I didn't want to go back and check. Sorry D:

I didn't remember at all any item stuff before this :/. Anyway I still can't see why talking about items is bad because it could give us a better idea about the framework of this game.

Also ya blackhawk I'm so active look at me :D

Our job is to scum hunt and it gives some people the opportunity to act like they're contributing when they're not. And there could be a thief in the game so revealing who has items is the stupidest thing we could do.

Celever

i am town
Ok a thief makes sense so that will be Peach probably? Other candidates are Petey Pirahna, King Boo and Daisy.

Even so I think theorymonning (in want of a better term) on the items would be good. Also why is trying to break away the framework of the game not contributing? @Spiffy

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Our job is to scum hunt and it gives some people the opportunity to act like they're contributing when they're not. And there could be a thief in the game so revealing who has items is the stupidest thing we could do.
I definitely agree. I put mine out there for the purposes of answering your and Celever's question about the 3rd paragraph in my role pm. Not sure why other people followed suit...

Votecount 1.8 - Why are these Goombas in the middle of the road?

Celever: (3) Spiffy, Spiffy, cxinlee, Blackhawk11, Woodchuck, cxinlee, Acklow
Snaquaza: (3) Jalmont, Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday, cxinlee, Celever, Metal Sonic
Jalmont: (2) Snaquaza, Spiffy, Celever, Acklow, Metal Sonic, Celever, Houndoomsday, Spiffy, Jalmont
cxinlee: (1) Acklow, Aura Guardian, Celever, Jalmont, Spiffy
Aura Guardian: (1) Snaquaza, Solar Vapor, Blackhawk11, Spiffy
Solar Vapor: (1) Houndoomsday, Jalmont, Aura Guardian
No Lynch: (1) cxinlee, Jalmont
Metal Sonic: (0) Woodchuck, Spiffy, Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Acklow: (0) Snaquaza, Blackhawk11, Celever, Woodchuck, Houndoomsday, Celever, Metal Sonic, Celever, cxinlee
Blackhawk11: (0) Acklow, Celever
Woodchuck: (0) Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Spiffy: (0) Celever, Celever, Celever

Not voting: Snaquaza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)