Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Also, Cancerous is probably the worst lynch target because he's useless.

--

Dear Cancerous, you are Wormtongue.
The minion of Saruman sent to control Theoden, king of Rohan. You failed that mission due to Gandalf’s power but have followed Saruman in joining Sauron in this fight.

You have no night action and cannot ever designate a killer or kill yourself. If you are the last person left on the Forces of Sauron you will automatically lose. However, on inspection you will appear as a member of the Rohirrim.

You are allied with the Forces of Sauron. You win if all threats are eliminated.

I agree that cancerous is useless, but he is least likely to be protected since they don't really want him alive. If we try to hit one of the others we risk it getting blocked. Also, I am soldier.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Ok, you have to be fucking kidding me.
Not really. This is the only thing I can do. I had 100% plan to win amd I executed it. This is the only move I can make to keep me in the game. You cannot blame me for trying when it is clear you backstabbed me.

The mafia doesnt know who theswagger is btw.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Not really. This is the only thing I can do. I had 100% plan to win amd I executed it. This is the only move I can make to keep me in the game. You cannot blame me for trying when it is clear you backstabbed me.

The mafia doesnt know who theswagger is btw.
I wasn't talking about your post, nor was it directed at you even. It was directed at the host.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, that's fair.

Ok, let's have one guy who's part of the wolf team, but the mafia thinks he's part of the mafia. We'll give him a lynch redirect so he can't be killed in the daytime, and a BPV so he can't be killed in the nighttime. That way, when the mafia decides that they don't want to give the victory to the wolf for no reason, the wolf can out all of the living mafia members.

Seriously I don't understand how we were supposed to deal with him. Should we have waited to kill him? He would have then stabbed first (he *already* had stabbed us) and we'd have had no chance. I suppose we should have just let the wolf kill all of us, whoops!

Now Snype has for some reason chosen to kingmake this terrible village over us, congratulations village on your win.

God, this game was just about to get fun.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't think the village played bad at all, considering it was semi-NOC, there were only 4 mislynches out of 12, one of which was on Day 1, and the other was actually a stealth lynch by the wolf.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Mithril hit my point exactly on why Cancerous. Add'l reasoning. I don't understand how to put this other than through example, but suppose if it were ipl + cancerous alive. They could just use the protection on ipl to survive for two nights while having 2 lynch votes. If it were just ipl alive, he could protect himself but only have 1 lynch vote. Seems better than a rand to me.

Btw, to all villagers looking to communicate via irc, the mafia have also set up a system that basically checks for idle times on irc, I would recommend keeping a forum pm open, preferably with me involced to understand your plan to devise an endgame scenario.

Some details I think would help.
  • The ring gives a one time extra kill to its holder and a deathproofvest, except for me, it gave me 3. I will not get any powers back from my wincond.
  • From what I understand through asking uncle Sam, the ring on the mafia should go to their orc chieftain, who is currently macle.
  • The ring can be given away.
  • Macle also performs their hook + inspection and thus the extra kill.
  • My hook outprios his hook.
  • The mafia can send anyone to perform their natural kill, but they must vote on who is going to die.
  • The orc protection system will only work every 1/2 nights. Whoever they vote to receive the protection on will receive the protection for the following day + night. It was supposed to be used on billy, which I clearly didn't want to happen, so I killed him, meaning their protection that they used last night should be active on one of those 4 for today and tonight (if i choose to kill mafia, my kill on any of them could fail).
  • Mafia has their kill downgraded to 2/3 since billy died.
  • Neither the mafia nor the village can afford having me dead because of my vote at this stage in the game (well maybe the mafia can, scroll down below.)
Yeah, that's fair.

Ok, let's have one guy who's part of the wolf team, but the mafia thinks he's part of the mafia. We'll give him a lynch redirect so he can't be killed in the daytime, and a BPV so he can't be killed in the nighttime. That way, when the mafia decides that they don't want to give the victory to the wolf for no reason, the wolf can out all of the living mafia members.

Seriously I don't understand how we were supposed to deal with him. Should we have waited to kill him? He would have then stabbed first (he *already* had stabbed us) and we'd have had no chance. I suppose we should have just let the wolf kill all of us, whoops!

Now Snype has for some reason chosen to kingmake this terrible village over us, congratulations village on your win.

God, this game was just about to get fun.
Yeah, let's have one guy that doesn't get an inspection mole. only his partner does. We'll give him some sort of protection, but only lynch protection after his partner has died and sure, let's give him a BPV, but only AFTER two specific people have died, one of which cannot die until the other one does first. We'll also give him some extra kills with the BPV, but if he would have been killed, he loses both and can never get either back.

Seriously, it's not like there were three checks to go around, not to mention for various reasons or another, half the time mafia leadership were so intent on offing half of themselves out to figure out who their traitor was that during anonymous conversation when there was a much bigger threat in the form of LightWolf going around. Let's make them so paranoid that the traitor is aligned with the village considering all the people that LightWolf had "figured out" were people that the traitor didn't even originally know were in Sauron's High Council, considering the split between the orcs and the high council, whose initial link was only Bass btw. Arguably, ipl played the best out of any of the mafia with his gambit "i am traitor. this game is boring" because that actually got the mafia going somewhere and collaborating with me to get kills done (anonymously).

Now aska for some reason has chosen to play defeated mafia when the actuality shows a possibility existing where they could honestly kill me off tonight and play the RNG between the village and themselves based on who they think would be protected with the orc protect, but I don't know if they want to risk the village to win considering how they felt the village played post-LW with this barren wasteland we call a partial NOC thread.

TheSwagger, it is in your best interest to publicly claim that you are a Soldier of Gondor because if you are not, in the late-game purposes of planning shit out, the mafia may want to have you alive. Feel free to tell the other villagers what you are during the night though.

God, this game was just about to get so dumb.

Bass

Brother in arms
These posts are normally what you'd expect to see when the game is over, but this outcome is absolutely depressing. Even if Snype wins, I really don't think UncleSam intended it to end like this. This is basically playing out just like Mafia Mafia 2 except the positions of the village and mafia are reversed, but even worse since the wolf outed our team. Considering how much time I put in to prevent this type of outcome though, it feels like a slap in the face that it was inevitable because Snype was given a one time BPV that we had no way of anticipating. We can all give ipl some due credit for his bold play of pretending to be the traitor (even though being bored was the actual reason he did it), but please don't ignore the fact that I worked my ass off to whip my team back into shape after billy nearly quit. I am starting to understand jumpluff's feelings a little bit, as at this point I care more about how I will be judged in the postgame rather than the outcome of this game.

I have already explained to the relevant parties in excruciating detail why I think this was unfair. You can argue that this is justified because our team made a lot of mistakes in the earlygame, but I can also argue that we had very limited resources at our disposal. I might be getting ahead of myself though so I'll save these thoughts for after the game ends unless you guys really want me to add more tl;dr posts to this thread. I still really want to win of course, but now it is literally a complete crapshoot. This is a disappointing ending for everyone.

Bass

Brother in arms
BTW if you think I am crossing the line with deadtalking, I will be subbing in for ipl in just a moment. That also means you guys can lynch me too if you want. Oh boy!

UncleSam

Leading this village
Eh this isn't going to change if I let it drag on...

Cancerous was lynched.

UncleSam said:
Dear Cancerous, you are Wormtongue.

The minion of Saruman sent to control Theoden, king of Rohan. You failed that mission due to Gandalf’s power but have followed Saruman in joining Sauron in this fight.

You have no night action and cannot ever designate a killer or kill yourself. If you are the last person left on the Forces of Sauron you will automatically lose. However, on inspection you will appear as a member of the Rohirrim.

You are allied with the Forces of Sauron. You win if all threats are eliminated.

It is now Night 13. Night 13 ends in 32 hours, or at 10 PM EDT August 13th. OC.

UncleSam

Leading this village
You all wake up to find askaninjask strangled. He was an Orc.

Day 14. Deadline whenever everyone votes; as an absolute maximum I'll say 32 hours, or Midnight EDT August 14th. Please don't take this long. NOC.

Bass

Brother in arms
So that is how you want to play, eh Gollum?

Well fine then! Village, I urge you to lynch StevenSnype as soon as possible. If it wasn't already clear to you, this game will inevitably converge to one the following two scenarios:

1) Village acts as kingmaker between the mafia and Gollum.
2) We eliminate Gollum, and the game becomes a dice roll between village and mafia based on correctly guessing which one of us gets orc protected.

I don't know about you, but I think the second scenario is clearly better for you since it actually gives you a chance of winning. If you are skeptical about the first scenario, then try thinking about what the wolf actually has to do to win, eg continue to manipulate the night kills and lynches until the numbers are something like 1 village / 2 mafia / 1 wolf. If that happens, we would have a 50% chance of winning based on whether we are hooked by Gollum. If not, then you guys are the kingmaker. Snype said so himself!

[19:52:26] <Andrew> if it is 1/2/1 it goes to village kingmaker scenario.
[19:52:34] <Forte> im referring to at night
[19:52:38] <Andrew> i'm talking wolf/mafia/village
[19:52:39] <Andrew> yes
[19:52:42] <Andrew> it goes to vilage kingmaker
[19:52:44] <Andrew> i hook one of you
[19:52:47] <Andrew> kill the other.
[19:52:49] <Andrew> 1/1/1
[19:52:52] <Andrew> village kingmaker.

Of course, both choices are terrible and we (the mafia) could go down the first path since it also gives us a decent chance of winning, but it will needlessly drag the game out, so it would be best to end this as soon as possible. I urge village to do the same now as I don't think you will have this much of a number advantage again if you let this play out any further.

Repeat after me! 1, 2, 3!

Lynch Steven Snype

Going to tag all the living villagers:
TheGottemer TheSwagger Pidge Mithril PokeguyNXB

Bass

Brother in arms
Also, if Snype tries to sweet talk you into thinking that he will give you guys a guaranteed win, don't be fooled! I want you all to know that Snype told us the same thing at one point. On the day he outed himself to us, he sent us a PM that contained this damning tidbit:
Steven Snype said:
The village is a bunch of idlers and fuckwads left. I don't think they deserve a win, but someone's got to win and they certainly do not deserve it. The state of the mafia is that there is a good chance to win, if we stop fucking ourselves, and I have no chance of winning. we had a good plan going to strategically place ourselves in this web of "alliances and trust."
For some context, Snype was given the identities of all the orcs at the start of the game, and our role PMs revealed that there was a "traitor in our midst". If you don't remember, billy had an extra kill intended to be used on the traitor, but sadly wasted it on poor Celever. Bad plays aside, the point here is that after trying to convince us that he would collab with us and hand the win over to us later, he stabbed us shortly afterwards by killing billy. He claims that he did it out of spite because we didn't "fully trust him" (even though no sane person would). Obviously that is bullshit since he knew from the start that killing billy would reduce our nightkill to 2/3, giving us fewer chances to stab him later. I would have done it too if I were the wolf.

Long story short, don't listen to his lies and just get rid of him while you still can. Remember, you guys have majority so neither we nor Snype can do anything about your choice. Nevertheless, I hope I have convinced you to make the only choice that gives you a chance of winning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)