I don't get no regard No regard at all

Super Tiny Foreward
I really loved playing Advance, and once D/P came out I stayed far away from it for a long time because my thinking was "Rofl how can anyone possibly counter all these threats when you can't even be sure you outspeed something thanks to CS" and other nonsense like that. After around a year I gave D/P a chance and found myself unable to go back to Advance. The one problem I had however, was building a a good team, much less a great one. This will probably be the only RMT I ever post so Without further adieu: The Intro

Intro
Alright. Since Advance I've been trying to make the perfect team. I wanted a team that wouldn't see something and just be, "Wow we're about to get 7 - 0'd." I just wanted a team that if I lost, it would be because I failed to live up to the great team I made, not because I had a bad team matchup. Anyway this is the result of Endless thought. Oh and I'll add the threat list a little later as I think its especially important for this team, as well as maybe showing how I put it together. I honestly think I've run out of ways to improve this team, but maybe someone can spot something I've overlooked.(Sorry about the Formatting, but its not tooo, bad)

The strategy behind this team is, really just weakening your opponents pokemon through powerful hits and SR until you can pick them off with a priority move.

Empoleon (F) @ Lum Berry (Trying Out Shuca Berry)
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/8 Spd/80 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
These EVs let Empoleon survive a fake out+CC from Naive/hasty Infernape, as well asguaranteeing survival against an unboosted STABed EQfrom anything save Rhyperior who I'll probable never see leading anyway.Additionally these EVs ensure survival against CS Magnezone that like to switch in, who I can then KO with Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet if necessary. 8 Speed evs are for outspeeding Machamp

- Hydro Pump

Yes the 80% accuracy does let me down, but I need it to secure KOs on most notably, Azelf.
- Stealth Rock
This is instrumental in chipping away at the health of my opponent's pokemon.
- Roar
Ninjask, Jolteon, Kingdra etc. seems like everything sees me as setup bait, nice to be able to pseudo haze them away; and scouting as much of the opponent's team as possible is extremely useful on this team.
- Aqua Jet
Taunt+Focus Sash meet Hydro Pump's partner in crime.
I wanted a lead that could beat the most leads possible, simple enough. Empoleon has great typing, and his bulk is put to great use here. Whenever I can start things off by rattling my opponent's head after killing their lead, well that's always a good thing. A lot of things laugh at me as they stat up in my face until I roar them away of course. The fact that Empoleon is usually alive albeit barely, often means he is sacrificed so I can switch something else in, which greatly benefits this team.

Breloom (M) @ Choice Band I used to have LO, but I found CB just generally better since I usually switch out after an attack anyway, and poor Breloom already has enough pressure on it without the added strain that accompanies LO :(
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/186 Spd/28 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Max Atk Adamant should be obvious. 222is a nice palindromical number that lets me outspeed most Suicune,Scizor,Metagross,Skarmory'sand other random things.

- Mach Punch

STABed CB mach punches hurt + a lot of people don't see it coming :D
- Spore
I actually don't use this too often, but as most teams lack a Sleep Talker it does come in handy.
- Seed Bomb
Breloom's best STABed grass move, helps me hit things like Rotom pretty hard, as well as Suicune and Vaporeon
- Superpower
Pretty much for Curselax, but also OHKOs Heatran that like to switch in, as well as weakened Skarms. I think it's worth mentioningthat I really don't like Stone Edge, and I've never foundmyself wishing I had it.
Like all members of my team, Breloom is pretty much irreplaceable. The threat of Leech Seed, Spore, and Focus Punch helps me out a lot; and most people eventually end up thinking I'm Choice Scarfed which never hurts. Breloom helps me pick off weakened pokemon that resist bullet punch, and it's more of a surprise when Breloom uses a priority move than when Scizor does, so that helps me get a lot of KOs.

---

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb Mixmence doesn't work without LO
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Max Sp atk to maximize damage I do with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. Max speed lets me outspeed so many things, it's well worth the power loss when compared to Rash
  • - Brick Break
    For Heatran, Empoleon, and Blissey. Also it's nice to have a 100% accuracy move on a set. Brick break also breaks down Reflects/Light Screens
    - Fire Blast
    This helps me take care of Jirachi,Skarmory,Heracross, and Celebi.
    - Draco Meteor
    This is why you shouldn't send in your Swamperts and Hippodowns to counter Salamence. This takes a healthy chunk of health out of anything not named Blissey.
  • - Dragon Dance (Trying out Roost atm)
    This powers up brick break so I can potentially OHKO Blissey, and probably more useful, lets me outspeed and OHKO Heatran after SR a little more than half of the time.

I really don't think this team works without Mixmence. He surprises a lot of things when he Draco Meteors, and he really helps me with stall teams, as well as tearing down Reflects/Light Screens, which would severely limit the usefulness of all my priority moves
  • ---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb I dont want Skarm roosting in my face
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Max atk. The max speed is so I can outspeed other Scizors to the Superpower since they do give me some trouble
  • - Bullet Punch
    Scizor was my favorite pokemon in GSC but thanks to this move its finally good :P Useful of course for picking off anything fragile or low on health
  • - Superpower
    Hi Heatran. Hits other Scizors very hard as well as leaving a nice dent in Skarm.
    - U-turn
    Aids in wearing things down until they can be picked off, as well as helping with the whole scouting thing.
  • - Swords Dance
    This helps me get rid of Skarm, and on rare occasions lets me sweep with BP.
    ---

Like Everything else in my team, Scizor just seems to fit. Most of my Pokemon really on prediction to KO things and Scizor is no different. Steel is a horrible attacking type, but when it's not resisted, it hurts.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
    Weavile really needs the boost to its atk and this helps me get a lot of OHKOs
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Doesn't get more standard than this
  • - Ice Punch
    Lets me hit things that stay in predicting pursuit, like Latias and Celebi
  • - Ice Shard
    Yep, yet another priority move, this one is really just for Scarfgon and Salamence that have DDed up or are maybe even holding scarfs themselves
  • - Pursuit
    Being able to get rid of dangerous threats like Gengar this easily is not even fair. I also use this on pokemon like Salamence that switch out
  • - Night Slash (Punishment is being tested)
    This is really just used for getting Jirachi/Metagross/Bronzong into KO range for one of my other pokemon and the high CH rate never hurts
Weavile is here to kill things that I feel would give me problems otherwise, nothing more nothing less.
  • ---

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers Amazed there's ever Leftovers with Snorlax
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 144 HP/60 Atk/52 Def/252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    The Sdef is because Snorlax is my only special wall so it needs the EVs to take boosted hits. The EVs look random but they let me OHKO Bulky Gyarados almost all of the time after SR. The Hp helps me take special attacks, but really the hp and def let me take a Max Attack Adamant LO +1 Gyarados Waterfall after SR damage. Snorlax is the only thing that keeps me from being swept by Gyarados with Ice Fang.
  • - Sleep Talk
    Lets me switch into sleep inducing moves
  • - Rest
    Resting off Toxic from Heatran, Zapdos, and Moltres is very useful. I can also switch into W-o-W with complete disregard. Snorlax is a great special wall but eventually he gets worn down, so this keeps him alive.
  • - Body Slam
    STAB and Random paralyzes are always nice.
  • - Thunderpunch
    Empoleon and Gyarados 6-0 me without this. I can still 3HKO Gengar but I really don't worry much about ghosts with Weavile on the my team.
He absorbs status and keeps lots of things from sweeping me, but he also helps me scout what powerful physical attackers my opponent has, which helps me know what pokemon to sacrifice.

Reserved For Threat List and Possibly Team Building Process

Remember that when I list something it doesn't mean I can switch directly In, but by the nature of my team, something usually needs to be sacrificed to take care of some threats.

Aerodactyl: Empoleon, Weavile, Scizor Handle this pretty easily

Alakazam: Weavile, Snorlax

Azelf: Scizor can hit it with Bp, Weavile pursuits. If it leads Empoleon can KO it. Snorlax can also handle it pretty well.

Breloom: Snorlax absorbs the spore,Salamence switches in and intimidates, then Fire Blasts or Draco Meteors. If it switches out its not really going to be able to do anything next time, since everything can hit it hard or roar it(Empoleon)

Dragonite: Weavile, Salamence outspeeds and can Draco Meteor

Dugtrio: Only Breloom can really be trapped and threatened. Weavile outspeeds, Scizor can BP, Salamence Intimidates and OHKOs.

Electivire: I use its life orb against it, outpredicting until its within range of a priority move

Empoleon: Snorlax

Flygon: Scizor can SD if its stuck on outrage, or I can just kill it with weavile.

Gengar: Weavile, Snorlax doesn't do too bad either.

Gyarados: Snorlax comes in and KOs with unexpected Thunderpunch. If it doesnt have Ice Fang or Bounce Breloom can 2HKO with Seed Bomb.

Heatran: Snorlax walls it all day, and eventually kills it. Breloom can kill it if its at 67% health or so,

Heracross: Salamence can OHKO, Scizor's Bullet punch works, Weavile can kill if its taken some damage.

Infernape: If its being used as a lead, Empoleon can kill it. Salamence if it doesn't have HP/Ice. If it does, I pretty much have to let something eat a close combat, so I can OHKO with breloom.

Jirachi: Salamence just misses a OHKO with Fire Blast, and it can just be picked off by anything later. If it's choice scarfed its even less of a problem, depending on what move it's on Snorlax can try to Paralyze or just wear it down if its stuck on Ice or fire punch. Breloom hits it very hard with Superpower if its using thunderpunch.

Jolteon: Snorlax, if its low on health or choiced I can always use breloom or weavile.

Kingdra: Empoleon roars it away. Snorlax wears it down with body slam, putting it in range for breloom to mach punch. Salamence can intimidate, then if I get it locked into outrage I can KO with Scizor.

Latias: Snorlax, Weavile, Scizor can bullet punch if need be

Lucario: Salamence can some in and intimidate on the Sword Dance then KO with Brick Break. Breloom can also OHKO with Mach punch.

Machamp: Salamence can intimidate then Draco Meteor. Everything except Snorlax Outspeeds and hits Machamp very hard.

Magnezone: Snorlax keeps it from really doing anything. If it hasnt taken any damage, Empoleon can take care of it. If its taken some damage I can OHKO with Salamence.

Mamoswine: Scizor

Metagross: Scizor comes in on MM then U-turns to something to sacrifice. Then Salamence can come in and KO with Fire Blast or I can just KO with Breloom's Superpower

Porygon-Z: Breloom OHKOs with mach punch. Snorlax can handle it somewhat. Salamence outspeeds and can OHKO with Draco Meteor.

Rhyperior: Breloom can come in and kill with STAB Seed Bomb

Salamence: Weavile, or Scizor

Scizor: Switch in and Superpower with my own scizor, then finish it off with Breloom.

Starmie: Weavile, and Snorlax

Togekiss: This things annoying, Snorlax or Empoleon try to wear it down until its within KO range for Salamence or Weavile

Tyranitar: Scizor, Salamence if it hasnt dragon danced, Breloom

Weavile: Scizor

Yanmega: Most lead so I can usually just lay down SR, roar it out, then KO with Scizor or Weavile.

Defensive Threat List:Blissey: Breloom and Scizor can Superpower, I usually let Empoleon take the thunderwave, since im scared of being Twaved then Flamethrower'd

Bronzong: Scizor comes in, U-turns it and then salamence can finish it off with Fireblast, or Breloom can Superpower it

Celebi: Scizor if it lacks HP fire, Weavile, Salamence outspeeds and can horribly dent with fire blast

Cresselia: Weavile Night Slashes it, though of course I'm wary of Twave. Salamence can Draco Meteor. Scizor can come in and SD up or just Uturn.

Donphan: Breloom OHKOs with Seed Bomb. Salamence can take Ice Shard and Draco Meteor.

Foretress: Salamence used fire blast. Scizor and Breloom can hit it very hard with superpower. Empoleon can 2hko with Hydro Pump

Gliscor: Weavile

Skarmory: Scizor isnt afraid of it, Salamence OHKOS with fire blast

Snorlax: Scizor can superpower. Breloom is also guaranteed to OHKO Curselax with superpower even after a curse.

Suicune: if its LO Snorlax can easily handle it. If it's a Sleep Talker with just surf, Breloom can 2HKO with Seed Bomb while it sleeps

Swampert: Breloom.

Tentacruel: Breloom can take a Ice Beam and can OHKO with Seed Bomb.

Vaporeon: Breloom likes coming in on Toxic or surf and easily 2HKOs

Zapdos: Snorlax gets it to roost then Weavile or Salamence finish it off

Really good, but maybe you should try toxic orb on breloom, it works really well, prevents him from getting burned, and gives him healing getter then leftovers.

I think you'd be much better off running Scizor as your CBer with Pursuit+priority, and then SD Lucario as your SD sweeper. SD Scizor more common checks than Lucario does, and Weavile is generally less effective than CB Scizor, due to Stealth Rock weakness and no U-turn.

On MixMence, I'd run Earthquake or Roost over Dragon Dance, if you run 16 Atk and 252 Sp Atk EVs, then you can deal with a Blissey that comes in at 85% or so with Draco Meteor + Brick Break, so running DD just for Blissey doesn't seem worth it to me.

The big problem for this team seems to be SD Lucario, Salamence is the only member of your team that comes close to safely switching in, and especailly without Roost, he isn't going to manage to do that more than twice. You might want to consider a Choice Scarfed steel type over Breloom. Heatran would be a good choice for a sturdy team member that can assist well in your offense, and would make your team less reliant on physical damage to break the opponent.

Donphan: Breloom OHKOs with Seed Bomb. Salamence can take Ice Shard and Draco Meteor.
Please don't make me laugh.
On the team, I recommend changing the roar on you lead for Stealth Rock, as they help a lot against threads (gyara, mence) and helps to build damage on every switch, as you will know.
On Breloom, change it straight to a SubPuncher seedbomb, or a SubPuncher leech seeder. There's actually no more reason that Breloom is OU that it's Spore+Sub thing.

Salamence can take Ice Shard. Donphan's Ice Shard is weak. As in, really weak:

277 Atk vs 196 Def & 331 HP (40 Base Power): 164 - 196 (49.55% - 59.21%)

Not sure if the calc's right but my Salamence definitely took an Ice Shard before. Think before you laugh I guess?

Salamence can take Ice Shard. Donphan's Ice Shard is weak. As in, really weak:

277 Atk vs 196 Def & 331 HP (40 Base Power): 164 - 196 (49.55% - 59.21%)

Not sure if the calc's right but my Salamence definitely took an Ice Shard before. Think before you laugh I guess?
MM, why don't people think before posting. Ice Shard IS USED for killing Salamance, and Salamance isn't used for taking a Ice Shard lol. Thinking please.

And also, why the hell do you make you Salamance eat a Ice Shard?? Very curious about this.

Um...yes, Ice Shard is used for killing Salamence. But Salamence can take a Donphan Ice Shard and OHKO back with Draco Meteor...Not really much to argue there.

Thinking please back to you. Tab summed it up great. Salamence can take an Ice Shard (although it doesn't like to), and deal more damage to Donphan with Draco Meteor.

There's a great calc out there called Libelldra, but an even greater one called your brain. Enjoy!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you aren't running toxic orb on Breloom switch it's ability to Effect Spore, small nitpick, otherwise this looks like a pretty solid team. Also about Donphan's ice shard, wonder why it isn't used as much now, lol.

Regarding Ice Shard on Mence:

It has priority. It will 2HKO. You cannot send in Salamence on a Donphan's ice shard and expect it to live, thus it is not a reliable counter. As for Breloom, you should almost always run Toxic orb/Poison Heal on it. That's one of the only things it has that no other Pokemon can duplicate, so I'd milk it for all it's worth.

Also, I'm just curious, but why are you running a bold nature on Empoleon if you are using Aqua Jet? It's power is already really low, and the attack drop is not helping you at all. If you intend on leading with Empoleon, throw on Ice beam or something similar for better type coverage. Actually, I'd reccomend Grass Knot, as Swampert is a pretty common lead nowadays.

Thinking please back to you. Tab summed it up great. Salamence can take an Ice Shard (although it doesn't like to), and deal more damage to Donphan with Draco Meteor.

There's a great calc out there called Libelldra, but an even greater one called your brain. Enjoy!

Ye right, but i think he wanted to say something else.

Lets say uve got the Donphan and battling against such a Sala, AND u know Ice Shard would not kill him - That means you wont use IceShard because uknow that if youre going to do that, Sala will OHKO your Donphan, right? That makes sense :P
The only thing where you would use IceShard is against a weakend Sala, so imo these SDef EVs on sala arent needed since it dies in such a situation anyway.

@Olie: The Prioraty doesnt matter since Draco meteor OHKOs Donphan. If youre switching your Salamence into a IceShard, then it does. But that kind of move is senseless^^

And if youre still keeping these EVs on your Sala, then please think of the common use of Crit Hax's, what means Ice Shard will ALWAYS OHKO your bulky Dragon :D

... Ice shard is a physical move. The point is that knowing that your donphan won't kill their salamence means that you'll either take the hit and lose your donphan doing 50% to his 'mence, or switch it out, meaning that your opponent will get a free move, and do a lot of damage - there isn't much which won't take a lot of damage from draco meteor. Just a suggestion as well - why not use earthquake instead of brick-break? obviously it does less to blissey, but it is much better against the other two. I know the screening reasons, but I hardly ever see screening sets run - mabye that's just me.... It just seems like an odd choice of move.

Regarding Ice Shard on Mence:

It has priority. It will 2HKO. You cannot send in Salamence on a Donphan's ice shard and expect it to live, thus it is not a reliable counter. As for Breloom, you should almost always run Toxic orb/Poison Heal on it. That's one of the only things it has that no other Pokemon can duplicate, so I'd milk it for all it's worth.

Also, I'm just curious, but why are you running a bold nature on Empoleon if you are using Aqua Jet? It's power is already really low, and the attack drop is not helping you at all. If you intend on leading with Empoleon, throw on Ice beam or something similar for better type coverage. Actually, I'd reccomend Grass Knot, as Swampert is a pretty common lead nowadays.
Well if I'm switching in Salamence on Donphan that probably means either something died or I'm predicting an earthquake/rapid spin.

Empeoleon by the way is my lead. I can't afford to run any other nature and there really is no need for it on Empoleon since as I've written the def,sp.def, sp. atk are all for specific reasons. Sorry forgot to say the speed evs are for outspeed Machamps who are annoying when they lead. Also aqua jet is just to pick things off like azelf who I believe is guaranteed to die after hydro pump+aqua jet, as well as Aerodacytl and Infernape. So Ideally I could keep their lead from laying down stealth rock and KO them. Thus I feel that keeping aerodactyl and azelf from doing anything if they choose to taunt as well as koing infernape is better than getting a quick KO on swampert. Besides I usually just lay down SR then switch Breloom into swampert and pretty much always OHKO it since most people don't have a sleep talker or they're worried about me getting a sub up etc. About Ice beam what would I really use Ice beam for except for something like roserade which I really don't care about since I can just let snorlax take the sleep powder then just send in Salamence to draco meteor something. Playing to Empoleon's bulk is paramount in my opinion him being an effective lead.

a suggestion as well - why not use earthquake instead of brick-break? obviously it does less to blissey, but it is much better against the other two. I know the screening reasons, but I hardly ever see screening sets run - mabye that's just me.... It just seems like an odd choice of move.
Hmm well on most teams I probably would agree that earthquake would be more beneficial on Salamence, but if my opponent sets up a reflect that's pretty much gg since most of my pokemon simply don't hit hard enough to get by it. I know I could put it on Weavile over say night slash, but I'm certain I'm going to put punishment on weavile to better deal with Suicune and Jirachi. Still ty for the suggestion, Ill probably stop dealing with Blisseys with my Salamence anyway when I have Breloom and Scizor on the team :p

And if youre still keeping these EVs on your Sala, then please think of the common use of Crit Hax's, what means Ice Shard will ALWAYS OHKO your bulky Dragon :D
Heh well from your join date I take it you're new here, anyway Spd refers to speed not special defense. Sdef refers to special defense, althought I have seen speed refered to as Spe so I can see why u would think I made a super bulky Mixmence :p

If you aren't running toxic orb on Breloom switch it's ability to Effect Spore, small nitpick
If my opponent lays down toxic spikes or I switch into a toxic, the benefit of Breloom healing 1/8th of its health every turn while still retaining the power of choice band I feel, is much better than a 30% chance of paralyzing, poisoning, or putting something to sleep.

I think you'd be much better off running Scizor as your CBer with Pursuit+priority, and then SD Lucario as your SD sweeper. SD Scizor more common checks than Lucario does, and Weavile is generally less effective than CB Scizor, due to Stealth Rock weakness and no U-turn.

On MixMence, I'd run Earthquake or Roost over Dragon Dance, if you run 16 Atk and 252 Sp Atk EVs, then you can deal with a Blissey that comes in at 85% or so with Draco Meteor + Brick Break, so running DD just for Blissey doesn't seem worth it to me.

The big problem for this team seems to be SD Lucario, Salamence is the only member of your team that comes close to safely switching in, and especailly without Roost, he isn't going to manage to do that more than twice. You might want to consider a Choice Scarfed steel type over Breloom. Heatran would be a good choice for a sturdy team member that can assist well in your offense, and would make your team less reliant on physical damage to break the opponent.
Weavile's speed is pretty much the biggest factor in having him be my pursuiter over scizor. And the thing about weavile is, EVERYONE knows it has pursuit, so something like say Celebi or Latias might stay in and eat an Ice Punch. Where as with Scizor it's kind of the same thing, except Celebi outspeeds and if it has hp fire it will just kill my scizor, same thing with Latias, although Celebi is infinetely more annoying so if I got rid of Weavile I have to hope Celebi doesnt have HP fire, or else the only thing that's even going to be able to touch it is Salamence, which it can just switch out of.

If I put in Lucario over Weavile, Rotom-H will laugh at my team, if it doesn't OHKO everything it will at least W-o-W it, specifically my Salamence who would be the only thing that could possibly touch it. Togekiss too would sweep me pretty easily. I really can't afford to replace Weavile. I don't care much about Weavile's SR weakness, it comes in then does it's job, if I fail to KO something after switching in 3 times, then thats my fault not Weavile's.

Like I stated in my RMT I do feel like Roost would work better on Mence since I do rely on it to do a lot so I think I will change it. If I did move those EVs I wouldnt be able to speed tie with other positive natured base 100s.

Lucario uses SD, Salamence comes in, survives the ES then dies from LO recoil brick breaking Lucario to death. I've honestly never had a Lucario switch out after SD, because If I saw that my opponents "counter" was a fragile little Salamence I probably wouldn't switch either. If Salamence has taken previous damage, I can at least still intimidate Lucario then send in Breloom, always survive the ES barring CH, then OHKO with mach punch.

If I added in Heatran, Suicune would give my huge problems If it isn't the LO version, which Snorlax can handle. Plus I would have to play around Swampert since it could severely dent absolutely eveything on my team, except Snorlax I guess who wouldnt do much back.

On Empoleon, I'd go max Sp Atk (if that's enough to let you take out Azelf with Surf+Aqua Jet, then consider running Surf instead), and take Grass Knot over Roar. That kind of Empoleonis an anti-lead, you want to be able to KO stuff like Swampert, and Roar doesn't really achieve a huge amount anyway, as the only setup lead I can think of that gives you any trouble at all is Gyara, and that's both uncommon and possible to deal with.

I'd also consider running 92 Speed EVs so that you can outspeed standard 8 Speed Metagross.

While the EV changes mean you lose to Infernape, Infernape leads are becoming less popular now (from what I've seen, anyway), and I think beating other, more common leads is more important. In particular, getting Swampert out of the way early makes your life against the current stall teams much easier.
I'll very rarely be able to KO Azelf with Surf even with max SP Atk, though If I run Modest I have a extremely high chance. Roar really helps a lot against Ninjasks since they can scout for Hydro Pump misses with substitute, then if they baton pass to something like Gyarados its GG. Roar is used for other things like Kingdra; really a lot of things that can become very threatning to me if i'm unable to even 2HKO with any combination of priority moves at my disposal. With what you've suggested I lose to Infernape, but I beat Swampert. Hmm well thank you for getting me thinking. I'm going to test out Shuca Berry on Empoleon since It will let me Hydro Pump Metagross, then take no more than 33% from Earthquake. Next turn I take upwards off 66% damage then OHKO Metagross with Torrented Hydro Pump. Neither of us will get Stealth Rock down, but that's better than getting rocks down having Empoleon die, then Metagross just exploding on my Scizor. With Swampert it would play out something like I Hydro Pump, he Earthquakes, I SR, he Earthquakes me into Torrent range, I KO Swampert the next turn. If he sets up SR instead of EQ I can just KO him the next turn instead. That will let me beat Metagross, Swampert and Infernape. I won't miss lum berry anyway, since if a gengar, yanmega, breloom, or roserade uses a sleeping move I would end up switching to Snorlax eventually anyway. Thank you very much for the Idea :P

As for Breloom, you should almost always run Toxic orb/Poison Heal on it.
lol...

Toxic Spikes is FAR less common now then it was a few months ago. With the majority of members on a person's team being steel, flying or a levitator, Toxic Spikes only nails 1 or 2 members of a person's team. Effect Spore is infinitely more helpful on CBloom, anyway
Seems contradictory, but maybe u meant run Toxic Orb and Poison Heal on Breloom? It's an honest question, since almost every Zapdos I see does indeed run Toxic, and I do see a fair amount of SubToxic Heatrans, though I will acknowledge that toxic spikes is a lot rarer now. So do you really think Effect Spore is better or Toxic Heal, on my particular CB Breloom anyway?

Scizor is the most used Pokemon in the metagame. And your method of countering it is terrible. You can't expect to somehow switch onto your Siczor on an opposing Scizor's attack and.

Instead of Rest Talk Snorlax, try Rest Talk Rotom. It can save you from threats like Metagross, Scizor, Jirachi, etc.
My method of countering Scizor is shaky at best I do agree, (though he can switch in on SD Bullet Punch and even Superpower). I'm going to update my team with Roost Salamence which will help with Scizor to a degree. Rest Talk Rotom seems like an amazing Idea, pretty much I'd be trading a team that's not too good against Scizor for just a Heatran weakness as far as I can tell atm which is significantly better than barely being able to "counter" the most used Pokemon as you said. Thanks for the great suggestion

I just want to thank everyone that has posted in this thread, went way better than my last RMT which was basically "Gyarados 6-0s you good luck!" :P

On Empoleon, I'd go max Sp Atk (if that's enough to let you take out Azelf with Surf+Aqua Jet, then consider running Surf instead), and take Grass Knot over Roar. That kind of Empoleonis an anti-lead, you want to be able to KO stuff like Swampert, and Roar doesn't really achieve a huge amount anyway, as the only setup lead I can think of that gives you any trouble at all is Gyara, and that's both uncommon and possible to deal with.

I'd also consider running 92 Speed EVs so that you can outspeed standard 8 Speed Metagross.

While the EV changes mean you lose to Infernape, Infernape leads are becoming less popular now (from what I've seen, anyway), and I think beating other, more common leads is more important. In particular, getting Swampert out of the way early makes your life against the current stall teams much easier.

If my opponent lays down toxic spikes or I switch into a toxic, the benefit of Breloom healing 1/8th of its health every turn while still retaining the power of choice band I feel, is much better than a 30% chance of paralyzing, poisoning, or putting something to sleep.
lol...

Toxic Spikes is FAR less common now then it was a few months ago. With the majority of members on a person's team being steel, flying or a levitator, Toxic Spikes only nails 1 or 2 members of a person's team. Effect Spore is infinitely more helpful on CBloom, anyway.Only using Toxic are Blissey and (rarely), Zapdos. Blissey is more efficiently dealt with by Scizor, and Zapdos by Snorlax (who can handle a toxic).

Scizor: Switch in and Superpower with my own scizor, then finish it off with Breloom.

Scizor is the most used Pokemon in the metagame. And your method of countering it is terrible. You can't expect to somehow switch onto your Siczor on an opposing Scizor's attack and.

Instead of Rest Talk Snorlax, try Rest Talk Rotom. It can save you from threats like Metagross, Scizor, Jirachi, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)