Human Resources

Introduction

Hello Smogon, I'm back again with another team that I've been trying and testing over the last month or so. With the nature of Black and White 2, I haven’t made a whole lot of teams that I enjoy using, mainly down to how the metagame is, it’s literally impossible to check everything. The teambuilding process for this team started a couple months back when Garchomp was being suspected – I made a team around Choice Band Garchomp with the same five other Pokemon as this team, but I didn’t have a whole lot of success with it. The next suspect was Kyurem-B, who was somewhat similar to Garchomp, but had all the qualities I was looking for. Reliable recovery, better bulk, potential stallbreaker and the ability to run a much more effective defensive set. After my introduction to Kyurem-B, I picked up the team again and tested it with Kyurem in place of Garchomp. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to, but the team still seemed to work really nicely. The results I got were pretty good, with a record of 46-4 between the PO and PS! ladders.

As for the team itself, it’s a Rain balance build that matches up pretty well against the other weathers. The team works by getting up hazards quickly through Tentacruel and Bronzong, and then using either Kyurem-B or the supporting sweepers to deal with your opponent’s team. Kyurem can usually break through most common defensive cores, or at least damage them to the point when Landorus and Volcarona can break through them, and at that point I’ve found as a pair they are incredibly difficult to stop. The defensive core of Tentacruel and Bronzong also works well alongside them, while providing Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin support, which is crucial for keeping Kyurem and Volcarona healthy. Politoed completes the team, bringing the Rain for Volcarona, as well as mitigating the threat of opposing weather to an extent. As for the team name, it was inspired by the band It's Alive, and their album Human Resources – listen to it here.

Under the Microscope

POLITOED @

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk | 4 SDef | 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Moveset: Surf | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Perish Song

For a team with Kyurem and Volcarona, I needed a spinner in Tentacruel. For Tentacruel to function to full effect, I needed the support that Politoed brings. It allows me to spin much easier and keep Tentacruel alive throughout the match. As for the actual role that Politoed performs on the team, it is pretty much the catch all scarfer on this team. I strongly believe that every team, regardless of the composition, should have a scarfer. With the offensive nature of Black and White 2, you're never really going to have answers for everything, and a scarfer gives the team additional insurance for speed boosting Pokemon that can break through Tentacruel / Politoed. Politoed revenges Dragons when Bronzong is weakened and cannot switch-in, while also being able to slaughter opposing offensive teams that usually only carry one or two water resists. Rain boosted water attacks is really nothing to laugh at, as Politoed is still heavily denting water resists chipping them away for Landorus and Volcarona.

Not only does Politoed bring the weather, but the secondary function and a big plus of using Politoed is to act as a deterrent to opposing weather. While everyone describes Rain as the most potent weather, I'd argue this team really doesn't have too much trouble against Rain, but moreso Sand and even worse Sun. Politoed is there to apply immediate pressure on Ninetales / Venusaur, and just makes Sun as a playstyle a lot easier to play around, given that I commonly see people using Sun teams with their only water resist in Venusaur. Politoed also has access to Perish Song, which is really nice for this team in particular. When I have two incredibly potent sweepers waiting for a safe setup opportunity, Perish Song can grant me that opportunity consistently. It forces switches allowing me to bring in Landorus or Volcarona and pretty much always get a free turn of setup. Often only one turn of setup is all they really need to sweep entire teams, and can turn a bad situation into an easy win condition very quickly.

BRONZONG @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP | 8 Atk | 248 SDef
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spe)
Moveset: Gyro Ball | Hidden Power [Ice] | Earthquake | Stealth Rock

Bronzong fills the role of the Steel type on the team, and my main switch to Dragonite, Salamence and the pesky Lati@s. Under Rain, Bronzong handles all of these pretty easily, buffering the Dragon moves and eating up the Fire moves nicely too. For a team that isn't ridiculously offensive, I quite often need all my team members alive, and I can't risk losing a team member early on to a Dragon move. Bronzong is there to make sure that happens, while performing a really solid defensive partnership when combined with Tentacruel. Bronzong is the Special counterpart of this partnership, being able to switch-in to most special attackers in the tier. Being able to beat stuff like Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi and Rock Polish Landorus is also huge, as otherwise they pose pretty big threats outside of checking them with Politoed.

Bronzong's integral role on this team however is the Stealth Rock that it provides, wearing down those Dragonites and acting as a detriment to offensive teams that try to break through the defensive core Bronzong forms with Tentacruel. Ferrothorn used to be in this spot, but I changed over as I desperately needed an answer for Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi and opposing Kyurem-B. However, Bronzong is probably the member of the team I have been least impressed by. It proves to be very inconsistent, as some matches I flat out fail to get up Stealth Rock up, and other matches turned into complete setup fodder. Unfortunately there are not too many Pokemon that can perform that role, and be able to beat the multitude of threats that I rely on Bronzong to do, such as Choiced Kyurem-B, any variant of Gliscor, Alakazam, Latios and many more.

TENTACRUEL @

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP | 212 Def | 48 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset: Scald | Rapid Spin | Toxic | Protect

Next up is Tentacruel, who completes the defensive partnership alongside Bronzong. Tentacruel is the team's Rapid Spinner, making life a lot easier for Kyurem-B and Volcarona who may need to continually switch-in many times in a match. Tentacruel is also the Physical counterpart of the defensive partnership, as is my main switch for the many strong physical attackers in the tier such as Scizor and Terrakion, both of which are extremely threatening to this team when Tentacruel is gone, as I more or less have to rely on them being Choiced. I have considered running a little investment in Special Attack to handle Swords Dance Scizor better. This becomes especially important because in most matches I really need to keep Tentacruel healthy at all times. Against more defensive teams, I may need to spin more than once in a match, and that is where the extra health comes in handy. Protect + Rain Dish + Leftovers is usually enough, though, although a lack of reliable recovery really hurts Tentacruel.

After trying the Substitute Toxic and Protect Toxic Spikes sets, I decided to combine the two and the result was really impressive. Tentacruel's defensive typing is really good in this metagame, given the number of Rain Spam teams carrying multiple Pokemon spamming Hydro Pump and the number of physical fighting types in OU, Tentacruel has a lot of opportunities to switch in and rack up more health. The typing Tentacruel has also means it can force a lot of switches, which is great for catching something like a Latias or Tyranitar on the switch, who try to get in for free on the Protect. For a team with a lack of Toxic Spikes and little status elsewhere, Toxic is really nice to cripple Tentacruel switch-ins over the long run in a battle. Even stuff like Starmie and Celebi is eventually forced out by Toxic, which may be enough to get a free Substitute with Kyurem or a free turn of setup for Landorus or Volcarona. Tentacruel is the best spinner in the entire game, and synergizes brilliantly with the rest of the team -- in general it makes executing a sweep a lot easier.

KYUREM-B @

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP | 76 Def | 148 SDef | 36 Spe
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spe)
Moveset: Ice Beam | Dragon Tail | Substitute | Roost

Introducing the beast, Kyurem-B. I'm really not a fan of Black and White 2, but Kyurem really is incredible in this metagame. A perfect blend of bulk and it has all it really needs within its movepool, Kyurem-B performs the stallbreaker role on this team. Even without investment, Kyurem still hits damn hard, hitting most Pokemon for 30% with Dragon Tail, and with an extra 12% with Stealth Rock, it quickly racks up. Kyurem doesn't perform the stallbreaker role by simply breaking through defensive cores, it performs that by being literally unkillable for most stall teams that don't carry some offensive presence. If you can't phaze it out or status it, I can promise you that you'll have a lot of trouble getting rid of Kyurem. The moveset might look weird, but it definitely has its merits. Substitute and Roost helps to outstall a lot of common stuff, namely choice users who don't want to switch out and lose momentum. Dragon Tail is there to force out Steels like Skarmory who will try to phaze you out, but Skarmory is never beating this Kyurem set. Ice Beam is there for Gliscor who I despise, while also there so I don't have to rely on Dragon Tail to deal with Dragons. Between Ice Beam and Dragon Tail, you still do a considerable amount to stuff like Skarmory / Chansey with hazards up, which is nice because Chansey is otherwise walling Landorus and Volcarona if it has Toxic.

In a metagame where Rain Spam teams are everywhere, Kyurem-B has a very nice niche. I'd argue that out of all the Dragons, it can perform the best defensive role. The fact Kyurem doesn't even need to invest to hit hard is just a testament alone to how good this thing is. As for the EVs, the HP EVs give a Stealth Rock number, as well as giving huge Substitutes. 76 Defense means Specs Keldeo will never OHKO Kyurem with Secret Sword, while the extra bulk in general is nice for avoiding paralysis from Jirachi who can't break your Substitute with Body Slam. 36 Speed allows Kyurem to outspeed Specially Defensive Rotom-W that run 4 or 8 Speed EVs, so you can Substitute up and avoid Will-O-Wisp which is huge. The rest goes into Special Defense, and with a Sassy Nature, the monstrous bulk that Kyurem has becomes quickly notable. Being able to beat stuff like offensive Politoed, Starmie and a multitude of other Special Attackers is crazy, especially for a Pokemon that hits incredibly hard when running an offensive set. Honestly, just try this thing, it's so good.

VOLCARONA @

Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP | 160 Def | 32 SAtk | 44 SDef | 24 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
Moveset: Quiver Dance | Hurricane | Bug Buzz | Roost

While Kyurem-B might be the star of this team, Volcarona is not much far behind. I used Volcarona a little in Black and White 1, but I never really liked it that much. The crippling Stealth Rock weakness didn't appeal to me, and being forced to give up a team-slot to run a spinner seemed like a bit of waste. I tried Volcarona again alongside a spinner in Tentacruel, who [imo] is the best spinner in the game, and I absolutely loved it. I tried the onsite bulky spread, but combined it with the Rain Volcarona set, to make some sort of hybrid set that I haven't seen anyone else use. If there was one Pokemon that performs consistently in every match, then Volcarona would be that Pokemon. I really cannot emphasise how good this thing is. You might think that Volcarona in Rain isn't all that special, but it is much more than that. Being able to set up on Breloom, Scizor, choiced locked Terrakion, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel and so much more seems like it compensates for that Stealth Rock weakness.

The EVs might look a little confusing, so I'll explain them. 248 HP gives a Stealth Rock number, enough to switch into them twice should Tentacruel not be able to spin. 32 Special Attack is to OHKO offensive Tyranitar at +1, while 44 Special Defense means you're never 2HKO'd by Expert Belt Thundurus-T, while avoiding the OHKO from Specs Latios, both of which you can setup on and outspeed after a Quiver Dance. 24 Speed goes into outspeeding Scarf base 130s at +2, while also speed creeping stuff like Agility Thundurus-T and Rain Dance Kingdra. Volcarona also provides me with some insurance against Sun Teams that don't carry Heatran, as Volcarona is one of the few offensive checks to Venusaur and other Chlorophyll abusers in OU.

LANDORUS @

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP | 252 SAtk | 216 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Moveset: Earth Power | Focus Blast | Hidden Power [Ice] | Rock Polish

Completing the team is Landorus, probably the best sweeper in the Overused Metagame right now, and probably the best that I've ever used. A combination of great offensive typing, movepool, stats and an excellent ability in Sheer Force, all make Landorus a phenomenal sweeper. In so many games, all I've needed is to get prior damage on one Pokemon, or to just get Stealth Rock up to sweep entire teams after a Rock Polish. To be honest, you might not even need to Rock Polish to get past certain threats. One of the dangers of playing against Landorus is the minimal number of "counters" it has. Usually all of its main counters don't appreciate switching into one of Landorus' coverage moves, which makes it even harder to play around. The combination of Landorus and Volcarona offensively is brilliant. The Pokemon that can actually claim to beat Landorus are usually handled pretty easily by Volcarona, [Celebi, Latias, Cresselia].

EVs may look weird, but I wanted the power from Modest, while still being able to outspeed other Modest Landorus that run like 180 something speed. 40 HP is a nice little investment for some bulk, while giving me a Life Orb number should it ever come down to spamming Hidden Power [Ice]. A nice immunity to Thunder Wave and Spikes is also good, not that Landorus really minds the damage as it isn't taking Life Orb recoil, but there are literally no bad points about Landorus as a sweeper. In terms of the power, there's no reason to choose any other late game sweeper in this spot. With Sheer Force and Life Orb you're already hitting over 700 Special Attack upon switching in, which is enough to straight up OHKO some of Landorus' most common checks such as Keldeo, Scizor, Starmie after Stealth Rock which makes Landorus the ultimate sweeper.​

Threat List
(Sun Teams) - In general I don't really have a lot of trouble with Sun Teams, but those carrying Victini / Darmanitan are kind of problematic if they can break through Tentacruel in Sun. Politoed cannot outspeed Victini if it is Scarf, and Landorus does not get a free opportunity to setup a Rock Polish.

(DragMag Teams) - I have had big trouble against these teams, if Bronzong is weakened, and even then I have to be wary of Magnezone. Haxorus on its own is also annoying, being able to break through Tentacruel / Bronzong aswell as outspeeding Kyurem and not OHKOd by Politoed.

(Rotom-W) - is a shit

Conclusion

I never really liked Black and White 2, but this team has made it fun for me to play Pokemon again. This will probably be the final good team I make before the arrival of XY, but I probably won't be using this team for a little while as it can get quite stale quickly. Also want to say thanks to all the RMT guys who make Smogon a fun place to be. Also thanks to Gimmick and Bri for being cute. Thanks for reading!

Importable

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 148 SDef / 36 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Roost

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Volcarona (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 32 SAtk / 44 SDef / 24 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

frog: there is no need to be so hostile toward a team. your suggestions were poor and your criticism was harsh(a) l0l. also who uses sd virizion it sucks..

neways

jimbon, hello!

i am quite a fan of this team, and it's really cute like youu! i always have loved bronzong in rain as a check to a myriad of threats (and it's one of my fave pokes aesthetically ya'know x), but there are just a few problems holding your team back. the first one is rotom-w. rotom-w burns your /check/ in kyurem and makes it sad. since kyurem-b is physical sans ice beam, dragon tail will end up doing pitiful damage, and the rotom-w user will probably just volt switch to scizor or jirachi after burning you anyways. big physical attackers like terrakion have a field day when they can weaken bronzong. bronzong lacks recovery whilst utilizing a specially defensive spread, and tenta's physical defense isn't enough to repeatedly check such heavy hitters. alsooooooo, opposing tenta are annoying since they, again, can burn your water type "counter" in kyurem-b and then the rest of your team is annoyed by it. other threats that fall into a similar category are just things like jellicent (must be wary of toxic tenta, but many typically are), lucario, and breloom who can ohko / 2hko volcarona with stone edge or a fight gem / life orb boosted fighting stab on the switch. dragonite also seems problematic if it has something like a choice band'd set coupled with waterfall or superpower. as mentioned rudely in the prior rate, subcm keldeo is somewhat obnoxious as well. stall is a troublesome matchup, even with toxic tenta, as all of your pokemon as somewhat easily walled by a common stallmon (think: forretress on kyurem, heatran on volcarona, etc.). kyurem-b as a defensive pokemon is subpar with only stealth rock as you can't rack as much damage as you would be able to with spikes. offensive landorus is also rather odd on the team. flip-flopping kyurem-b and landorus's roles would make this team much more efficient. turning kyurem-b into a mixed life orb varient of some sort could break down volcarona's counters while still acting as a good rotom-w check. utilizing earth power on this kyurem-b is key, because you would be s.o.l vs rotom-w teams otherwise. i think dragon claw / fusion bolt / roost / earth power @ life orb could possibly work. you can play around with it see what you like. as for my second recommendation, a landorus-t instead of landorus fills the role of a physical pivot. the standard defensive set with ev's of your preference will work. lastly, to accomodate for your subcm keldeo weakness try out encore on scarf politoed instead of one of your water stab's. i've found that encore is an amazing move on that set since you can do cool things like switch into a substituting jirachi and keep them at it while you gain momentum, and this applies to keldeo as well. being able to lock conkeldurr into bulk up if volcarona is weakened gives you a switch-in oppurtunity too, and it is a very clutch move. try it out. anyways, good luck with your team.

p.s. u suk at ev's :\

yo westside jimbon, i really like this team and tentacruel is a mass boss. only a few things you metioned that you had a relatively large problem to sun teams this can be countered by useing trapers like dugtrio. Dugtrio also forms awsome synergy with politoed as it can effectively perish trap opponents (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3480174 my team that involved perish traping)

i once tried to run a volcarona on a rain team and i found that giga drain worked somewhat better then roost as a healing alternative as it also checks threats such as water pokemon and pesky jellicents. I wouldnt suggest useing volcarona as his huge weakness to stealth rock generally isnt worth it and in the rain it finds itself at a large dissadvantage to water type moves.

appart from that this is a great team and really nice.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Jimbon, not a bad team.

I feel like a Latios with Surf/Psyshock/Draco Meteor/Recover [probably one of the most effective variants atm] could find its way through this team pretty quickly. Surf threatens Volc and Landorus immediately while doing a respectable 38.76% - 45.56% to Bronzong with life orb, damage that can easily rack up due to SR or any U-Turns/Vswitches and Bronzong's lack of reliable recovery. The best strategy would probably be to force it into Draco Meteors with kyurem and then go to Bronzong but it's probably not the best one. Rotom-W's a huge nuisance too, as you attested too. Not only could Rotom-W burn your Kyurem as Bri said but if the opponent gets up SR and switches in Rotom-W quick, it could be troublesome, as Kyurem-B would be taking a 25% in addition to Vswitch damage if you choose to send it in, and a U-Turn core could be even more annoying for this team if SR is up. I think you might want to try something like a Chestorest Ferrothorn over Bronzong; it's a pretty reliably switch to Latios and Rotom-W volt switches obviously and sets up SR on Rotom-W pretty easily. I'm suggesing Chestorest because it's a fantastic set for one thing and greatly increases Ferro's longevity but also because you don't have to worry about a burn vs Rotom-W as much so you can probably play a bit more aggressively with Ferro since the burn can be absolved later in the game. Only problem here is that it might open you up a bit more to Brokenrus-I, but it actually has a pretty hard time coming in on this team if you keep the pressure up, so hopefully it won't hinder you too much.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip/Gyro Ball
- Rest

@ Bri: Yeah, Rotom-W is definitely a problem for this team. Usually I try to get Kyurem in on it safely, usually through Hydro Pump, but this isn't always a surefire way to beat it thanks to a potential Volt Switch and even worse Will-O-Wisp. I will definitely try out your changes, especially the Landorus-T suggestion, as that does definitely give me a better chance against Hyper Offense teams carrying stat boosters such as Lucario, Terrakion, Dragonite etc. The Kyurem suggestion is also very interesting, I've never really like the offensive sets all that much, but I guess I could try again. Thanks for the rate!

@ john34645: The only real variation of Sun I have some trouble against is those spamming Victini / Darmanitan / Fire physical attackers -- Dugtrio would be nice to trap Ninetales to make those easier to deal with, but there's nothing I'd really replace for Dugtrio. Outside of that, Dugtrio really doesn't have a whole lot of merit of this team, as I really have no trouble against Heatran / Tyranitar. As for the Giga Drain suggestion, I'm not too sure it would work well on this particular Volcarona set, given that a lot of the things Volcarona tries to set up on [Ferrothorn, Forretress, Scizor, Breloom] take nothing from Giga Drain, and I also lack a fire move, so not only would I fail to break through them without considerable boosts, I'd also have no way of overcoming damage from Leech Seed / Bullet Punch / Mach Punch. Thanks for the rate and the kind words!

@ Honus: Life Orb Recover Latios is definitely threatening and I think one of my losses with this team was to that exact set. Usually I try to get Bronzong in safely and Gyro Ball to the point where Politoed can revenge it, but I know that is far from reliable. Your Ferrothorn set seems very interesting -- I originally ran Ferrothorn before in Bronzong's place, but I was using the standard set. I'll definitely try out your set, as it does have a little more staying power against Latios / Landorus / Rotom-W and other special attackers. Thanks for the rate, that set looks like it patches up a number of problems while covering the role of Bronzong nicely.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Jimbon !

This team packs probably one of the most brutal offensive core, and I like the idea of Landorus/Volcarona since as you explained, they take care of each other's wall.
But as always, Volcarona is a little tricky to pull off and may not always worth the risks and the investment in teamslots and movesets.

Anyway, you talked about your threats and I'm gonna stick to it because you're a teamrater so I can definitely trust your analysis. However, I can really see Sub/Cm Keldeo be a real threat for this team. That pony can come on Tentacruel and sub (Scald can't do more than 21% under the Rain to the pony, or on Politoed (locked on IceBeam, or on Surf since Keldeo can CM on his face and now take Surf with Sub). Bronzong can't also kill the Sub with any of his moves. On the top of that, Keldeo directly threaten 4 of your pokemons. You'll have issues phazing him out with Dragon Tail if a Sub is up. So I guess you get the picture here ^^

Now, you got Perish Song, so I guess that it can be a solution. However, if you have to switch to Politoed, then switch to something to take a water/fight hit (I guess Tentacruel) then try to survive two hits.. it's gonna hurt in the long term in my opinion. Especially because during this manover, Politoed is weak to an attempt to Pursuit trap him.

So, the solution for this Keldeo's "issue" could be to :
- Make sure Earhquake kills a Sub (32 Atk Evs and it would be a "50/50" to kill it, 52 being in my opinion the best investment if you want to make this case almost cleared).
- Make sure Scalds from Tentacruel kill a Sub (let's forget about it..)... OR get Toxic Spikes, meaning that you don't only delay his sweep by Perish Singing, but almost force him to take Poison Damages. Keldeo wouldnt be able to hit so hard your team.
- Getting Encore on Toed (another short time solution).

I think a little change like that would definitely help you, and I'd head towards a Toxic Spikes change.

By the way, I'd change your Politoed's spread to 8 HP / 4 (S)Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe. Unless youre trying to speed creep other ScarfToed, there is no real point putting max speed. With this spread you still outspeed Adamant Dragonite at +1.
I also think that you could swap Surf for Hypnosis, when I'm playing ScarfToed, I'm usually more giving utility to my team, trying to not lose the momentum, and to prevent the enemy's set-up by revenge killing. Hypnosis, while shaky, helps a lot in a pinch.

I'd also say that some sweepers, I'm thinking about Breloom, will pressure your team badly once SR are down. Basically, any sweeper that requires the intervention of Volcarona, will really pressure you if they can damage Tentacruel, because you'll have first to spin hazards.
I could also see Mamoswine being an issue, especially when Kyurem-B and Tentacruel are outsped.

If you want my opinion, for what it worths, I believe many issues are generated by the presence of Kyurem-B and that your team, since it packs also Volcarona and Landorus, have issues balancing the weaknesses of Kyurem-B.
I would change Kyurem-B for a Dragon able to help you "better" on the defensive side. I think your offensive core is already so powerful, that you just need to create one single opportunity to crush your opponent and you should focus on that.

For this job, I think Latias would be perfect. Taking Fire moves better, less crippled by WoW (well, you shouldnt take those, but at least a burned Latias is not as awful as a burned Kyurem-b) and potentially helping your team in many more ways.
What I also love about Latias in this metagame is that you can almost "beat" Ttar/Keldeo. Because, let's say Ttar Pursuits you, you can now set-up for FREE Volcarona or Landorus, and this is what you should aim for.

To be honest, I don't know which set you could use. I would try a set with Healing Wish probably, and another one maybe more stall breaking oriented (Sub mono attacking maybe). But I'm confident, and I think that you'll have less issues than me to find the best set for this team !

I hope my ideas inspired you to improve your team (if there is anything to be improved), good luck !

EDIT : I realised afterward that Bri already told about Sub/CM Keldeo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)