Doubles Heatran

zoe

You told me to save me from a hell on earth
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
:bw/heatran:
heatran got moves

Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran has a solidified role as an extremely powerful attacker in DOU thanks to Eruption and high Special Attack. Eruption is immensely strong and a spread move allowing Heatran to dish out huge damage immediately if it's around full health. While holding Charcoal, Heatran smokes neutral targets and even chunks bulky Pokemon and some resistant foes for considerable damage. Even if it's not at high health, Heatran still poses a significant threat with Heat Wave, albeit much less of one. Heatran greatly appreciates Tailwind to patch up its middling Speed, making it exponentially better versus Pokemon that outspeed and threaten it like Landorus. Naganadel is one of Heatran's best partners, beating the Water- and Dragon-types that give it a lot of trouble, while Rillaboom beats the Water-types and makes Tailwind easier to set with Fake Out. Both appreciate Heatran easily handling Steel-types, outside of opposing Heatran.

Last edited:

Idyll

my favorite poem was the one i read to youuuuuuuuu
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
check

Erupt point - saying it's "around" full health is probably better

"and hits Pokemon with high Special Defense and some resists for a considerable amount of damage" - is probably missing the word "even" in there, a word like "chunks" is prob more descriptive of what Heatran does in this case, also do name some of these targets

You can just say Tailwind, TR Tran is not really a thing (Volcanion usually fits better). Also mention Naga as a partner, it's more meta relevant and also beats every relevant matchup that Heatran dislikes (the waters + KB and Zyg). Mention Tailwind setters before Rillaboom; mentioning Speed control then Rillaboom then the actual Tailwind setters is really jarring.

1/1

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran has a solidified role as an extremely powerful attacker in DOU thanks to its access to Eruption and high Special Attack. Eruption is the strongest Fire-type move with spread damage immensely strong and a spread move, allowing Heatran to dish out high amounts of damage immediantly as long as it's huge damage immediately if it's around full health. While holding a Charcoal, Heatran smokes neutral targets and even chunks Pokemon with high Special Defense and some resists for a considerable amount of bulky Pokemon and some resistant foes for considerable damage. Even if it's (added apostrophe) not at high health, Heat Wave still allows Heatran to pose a significant threat, Heatran still poses a significant threat with Heat Wave, albeit much less of one than Eruption. Heatran greatly appreciates Tailwind as it patches to patch up its middling Speed, allowing it to become making it exponentially better versus Pokemon who that outspeed and threaten it like Landorus. Naganadel is one of Heatran's best partners, due to it beating the Water- and Dragon-types that give it a lot of trouble, while Rillaboom beats the same waters and allows Tailwind to be set easier with Water-types and makes Tailwind easier to set with Fake Out. Both appreciate Heatran easily handling Steel-types, outside of opposing Heatran, easily.

finland-GP.gif
1/1

Hello, sorry if I'm being that guy today :smogduck: , but I think something went missing after the GP:

it should be immediately, not immediantly

Reactions: zoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)