Torkoal :Torkoal: @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin

The Only viable sun setter. Basic torkoal set HIGH defense to take tons of phys attacks such as buzzwoles drain punch. Rapid Spin to remove hazards

Venusaur :Venusaur: @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Venu is always a solid Sun sweeper usee Modest Life Orb for more power. I used earth power>sludge bomb because i can still catch stuff like Clefable with my Heatran so i used Earth Power to kill Heatran.

Heatran :Heatran: @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Eruption

Heatran ERUPTION is very fun to use and the BALLOON is for Stuff like Landorus and to wall heatran. ERUPTION paired with sun does alot of damage even to things like Blissey and Fini. Flash Cannon is for Clefable And Fini. Not super effective but still threataning.

Aegislash :Aegislash: @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat

Aegi was quite an odd one i was trying to search for a steel type and landed on Aegislash. Aegislash can tank damage and also deal alot of damage. It can kill stuff like ttar and blissey to open up more chanses for ERUPTION Heatran. Sneak is to kill off weakened pokemons. Aegislash also lives a -1 banded knock off from Weavile and and can ohko it as a trade.

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 246-290 (75.9 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bisharp :Bisharp: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Low kick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Bisharp AV is mainly for PULT, however it can make zapdos think twice before defogging. Bisharp can tank hits here and there and can create offensive pressure if the opponent is not cautious enough.

Landorus-Therian :Landorus-Therian: (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Landorus Is here as a ground type and as a phys wall of a sort. Pretty avarage set. Lando is the stealth rocker in this team.

Offensive threats:</p><p>Tapu Lele: Without Aegi Lele can deal a huge chunk with Future Sight+ Focus Blast

:</p><p>Dragonite: one dd is enough to sweep almost all of my team. Might use Toxic Heatran for this.

Pretty fun team. Not exacly the best however. Would like some tips on what mons to switch and sets to change. THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
Hello! I will try to help you with your team and give some suggestion to be able to improve it and make it more viable :)

Major changes:
:blaziken:>:aegislash: Aegislash was really good but in this gen he got nerfed so it still can be a strong mon but i would avoid using it in OU while Blaziken can be really threatening and can even abuse sun with Flare Blitz, while still helping with the mentioned Weavile altho i don't see him being a direct threat. We can go for a standard setup sweeper set:
Blaziken @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

:shiftry:>:bisharp: AV Bisharp isn't really used and so isn't Bisharp altho i think it is very strong, but he fits more in hyper offensive teams were u want your opponent to not be able to remove hazards very easily, beside being really strong with Swords Dance + Stabs + Prio, but he doesn't fit very well here and i would try another sun sweeper as Shiftry has risen in usage in sun teams and can be a very cool Mon, otherwise we can use some slower mon that is able to pivot if you don't want to go too offensive, altho we should as we are using a sun team.
Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Growth
- Knock Off
- Solar Blade
- Heat Wave
Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Minor changes:
:Heatran: I would use this Specs or Scarf as it can abuse Sun better. Scarf Eruption can be really cool as with sun it jut can snowball teams with rocks up, while same thing applies to the Specs set that can have more problems with faster mons. I would use Flamethrower>Magma Storm as the Base Power is still high but the precision is much better. Also we can try Dragon Pulse>Flash Cannon as Dragon-types resist our Fire STAB while Flash Cannon basically only hits Clefable and we still have other moves to hit it properly.

:landorus-therian: I would make it SpDef and use Defog rather than Rocks, as we are using mons with eruption / life orb so we don't love extra chip damage and eventually prefer not having hazards on the field than having them. Another cool concept that i have seen in other sun teams during OLT can be Choice Scarf Lando, but bulky one is for sure good.

The team with those suggestions would look like this: https://pokepast.es/f39bbfab25e3b5c9
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Hello! I will try to help you with your team and give some suggestion to be able to improve it and make it more viable :)

Major changes:
:blaziken:>:aegislash: Aegislash was really good but in this gen he got nerfed so it still can be a strong mon but i would avoid using it in OU while Blaziken can be really threatening and can even abuse sun with Flare Blitz, while still helping with the mentioned Weavile altho i don't see him being a direct threat. We can go for a standard setup sweeper set:
Blaziken @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

:shiftry:>:bisharp: AV Bisharp isn't really used and so isn't Bisharp altho i think it is very strong, but he fits more in hyper offensive teams were u want your opponent to not be able to remove hazards very easily, beside being really strong with Swords Dance + Stabs + Prio, but he doesn't fit very well here and i would try another sun sweeper as Shiftry has risen in usage in sun teams and can be a very cool Mon, otherwise we can use some slower mon that is able to pivot if you don't want to go too offensive, altho we should as we are using a sun team.
Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Growth
- Knock Off
- Solar Blade
- Heat Wave
Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Minor changes:
:Heatran: I would use this Specs or Scarf as it can abuse Sun better. Scarf Eruption can be really cool as with sun it jut can snowball teams with rocks up, while same thing applies to the Specs set that can have more problems with faster mons. I would use Flamethrower>Magma Storm as the Base Power is still high but the precision is much better. Also we can try Dragon Pulse>Flash Cannon as Dragon-types resist our Fire STAB while Flash Cannon basically only hits Clefable and we still have other moves to hit it properly.

:landorus-therian: I would make it SpDef and use Defog rather than Rocks, as we are using mons with eruption / life orb so we don't love extra chip damage and eventually prefer not having hazards on the field than having them. Another cool concept that i have seen in other sun teams during OLT can be Choice Scarf Lando, but bulky one is for sure good.

The team with those suggestions would look like this: https://pokepast.es/f39bbfab25e3b5c9
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

i would rather keep heatran balloon on here but i like the set change. The BALLOON is quite important as anything with Ground type attacks can threaten my team if i change landorus into spdef such as :Excadrill: :Garchomp: . Shiftry can Take care of some of them somewhat but it isnt really a solution for them. Otherwise All the changed youve made seem pretty helpful. Thank you kind stranger.

One issue I have with the team suggested by AtraX Madara (mostly very good changes) is the weakness to Specs Dragapult. It outspeeds Adamant Blaziken at +1, lives any hit from Venusaur, easily switches in on Torkoal, and does devistating damage to the team with Shadow Ball. This applies to Blacephalon as well, to a lesser degree. A Life Orb Shiftree and a Specially Defensive Landorus (which already has a lot of weight on it's shoulders) isn't sufficient to deal with the ultra-common Ghost type. Draco Meteor is also quite difficult to take.

That being said, removing offense from a Sun team for something like Mandibuzz is making the team even worse, so I have a somewhat unconventional idea...

Heliolisk. With Choice Specs Solar Power Hyper Voice, Heliolisk is EXTREMELY powerful in the Sun and can also unleash an incredily strong Volt Switch for the few Special Walls that can switch in. I also recommend running Parabolic Charge to help compensate for the health lost to Solar Power. It's 65 BP, which is decent, and it restores a massive 50% of health taken (same as Draining Kiss, and you've seen what THAT can do).

If you're having issues with Ghosts, try Heliolisk over Shiftree or Blaziken (probably Shiftree) and see how it goes. GL :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)