SV UU Gen 9 UU team first time

Hello. I've learned a lot of my uu teambuilding knowledge thanks to my teacher, but ever since summer started and the tier changes were made, I didn't want to feel left out, so I built a new team. It worked decently, but I feel like I can massively improve on it for the better. So here's my mixed team set:

Pyrrah Nikos (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

Pyrrah the magnezone is supposed to be the specs user, since I loved specs dragapult so much. But mainly this has been a reliable speedy coverage unit that got me out of some bad situations.

Nora Valkyrie (Tinkaton) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off

Nora the Tinkaton is the bulky utility that helped me a lot. Encore helps me shut down some mons for a while to get momentum and knock off helps me get rid of potentially deadly items. Stealth rock provides a boost of damage and gigaton hammer is a nice move to always have.

Lie Ren (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Acid Armor
- Earth Power
- Recover

My favorite pokemon and I'm do happy it has a lot of bulk here in the metagame. Acid armor helps when people are switching or setting up and recover helps me make sure I become bulky. It still hits pretty hard to with surf and earth power. There's nothing I don't like about gastrodon.

Jaune Arc (Gallade) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
Jaune the gallade is meant to be the speedy get out of jail free card with its fighting coverage and its speedy nature. However, I always find it to be the weakest among the team, as I always find it way too frail and not speedy enough even with the scarf for it to do anything. I kept it in because I need ground coverage.

Pizzelle (Cyclizar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

The rapid spinner of my team and a pretty reliable one too. A secondary knock off user is always nice to have and u turn ensures it keeps healing and healing while getting potential chip on dangerous mons.

Peppino Spagetti (Rillaboom) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off

Finally, rillaboom can be a nice ground coverage support with grassy surge. U turn gets it out after setting terrain. Leech seed makes pressure for switching out to something better and knock Off is very awesome for it. Wood hammer also deals solid damage.

While making this post, I realized just how many of my pokemon have knock off. I think what I need the most is to focus on one good thing for these mons instead of multiple mediocre things at once. Some coverage against skeledirge and quackquaval would be nice too as those can be problematic. Finally, any pokemon swap that is necessary is okay, but I would prefer to keep in magnezone, tinkaton and gastrodon. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hey SpaceJelly05! First UU team ever is a slay for sure. Here is my 2 part rate. The first part of this rate is going to be just changing the sets of your current team to better sets. The second part is me editing your team more extensively and changing Pokemon and structure.

:magnezone::tinkaton::gastrodon::gallade::cyclizar::rillaboom:
I went ahead and attached the paste of optimized spreads to that image. First of all, when you're starting out in a tier always always use analysis spreads so you're proven and tested sets. I changed your Magnezone to max speed which is very nice vs Scizor, I made your Tinkaton defensive since offensive is not a good set, I changed Gastrodon to sticky hold boots and specially defensive, I changed Gallades evs and Cyclizars evs to their optimal spreads, and I made Rillaboom choice band since your team doesn't profit from extended terrain much outside of health recovery which your opponent also takes advantage of.

Now is the part where I kinda rip apart your team and try to build you something solid you can mess around with. I'm going to start by keeping this defensive core of Tinkaton and Gastrodon.

:tinkaton::gastrodon:
Tinkaton is very helpful vs Meowscarada and Kleavor which are very scary threats while Gastrodon is helpful vs the like of Tornadus, Greninja, Hydreigon, etc.

:rillaboom::cyclizar:
I like both of these Pokemon and I think they can remain on your team as long as the Rillaboom is scarfed as that gives you the ability to outspeed Meowscarada. I like Rapid Spin on a hazard stack team and I also think grassy terrain is a cool way to sustain Tinkaton on a wishless team.

For the last slots on your team, there are definitely many directions you can go. I will firstly say that Skeledirge is without a doubt the best Pokemon in the tier and I highly recommend you use it. The thing you really need in one of these last slots is relative speed which is something thats faster than 300, and then something that is immune to Ground-type moves which is either a Flying-type or something with Levitate. For the last two slots I selected Hydreigon and Skeledirge. I laddered two games and won with the team but it obviously needs more testing. I think this is headed in a good direction so feel free to use and also tag me with any questions.

:tinkaton::gastrodon::cyclizar::rillaboom::hydreigon::skeledirge:

Enjoy!

Hey SpaceJelly05! First UU team ever is a slay for sure. Here is my 2 part rate. The first part of this rate is going to be just changing the sets of your current team to better sets. The second part is me editing your team more extensively and changing Pokemon and structure.

:magnezone::tinkaton::gastrodon::gallade::cyclizar::rillaboom:
I went ahead and attached the paste of optimized spreads to that image. First of all, when you're starting out in a tier always always use analysis spreads so you're proven and tested sets. I changed your Magnezone to max speed which is very nice vs Scizor, I made your Tinkaton defensive since offensive is not a good set, I changed Gastrodon to sticky hold boots and specially defensive, I changed Gallades evs and Cyclizars evs to their optimal spreads, and I made Rillaboom choice band since your team doesn't profit from extended terrain much outside of health recovery which your opponent also takes advantage of.

Now is the part where I kinda rip apart your team and try to build you something solid you can mess around with. I'm going to start by keeping this defensive core of Tinkaton and Gastrodon.

:tinkaton::gastrodon:
Tinkaton is very helpful vs Meowscarada and Kleavor which are very scary threats while Gastrodon is helpful vs the like of Tornadus, Greninja, Hydreigon, etc.

:rillaboom::cyclizar:
I like both of these Pokemon and I think they can remain on your team as long as the Rillaboom is scarfed as that gives you the ability to outspeed Meowscarada. I like Rapid Spin on a hazard stack team and I also think grassy terrain is a cool way to sustain Tinkaton on a wishless team.

For the last slots on your team, there are definitely many directions you can go. I will firstly say that Skeledirge is without a doubt the best Pokemon in the tier and I highly recommend you use it. The thing you really need in one of these last slots is relative speed which is something thats faster than 300, and then something that is immune to Ground-type moves which is either a Flying-type or something with Levitate. For the last two slots I selected Hydreigon and Skeledirge. I laddered two games and won with the team but it obviously needs more testing. I think this is headed in a good direction so feel free to use and also tag me with any questions.

:tinkaton::gastrodon::cyclizar::rillaboom::hydreigon::skeledirge:

Enjoy!
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to analyze my team. I do look forward to your suggestions and they were all very helpful.

I do appreciate the suggestion of skeledirge as it is a pretty good pokemon. However. For the time being, I will most likely not be using it because I've been hearing about its problematic nature in the meta, so I'm banking that it'll be banned from uu in the future. If it doesn't, I may reconsider it, but for the time being, I may have to make an alternative team with skeledirge in case such ban does take place.

Also, I decided to see what I can do to improve this team on by myself and the help of some other showdown uu players, while keeping the main 3 core pokemon of my team, in case some of these pokemon prove helpful. Here's what I changed:

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

This was the first suggestion by someone, as this pokemon covered the main 2 weaknesses of tinkaton and magnezone in fire and ground. I would also need some sort of speedy pokemon in my team in order to clean up against stronger, slower mons in the tier. It's flying typing also would be a good counter against the bugs in the meta, particularly lokix and slither wing.

Jaunce Arc (Chesnaught) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Dragon Claw

The offensive pokemon my team needed since I needed some way to hit dark types for super effective. Since I still needed a bit more speed and since the bulky physical sweeper set didn't seem right for chesnaught on paper, indecided to go for a banded set with max speed investment. With this, I invested for more powerful moves such as wood hammer and close combat as opposed to seed bomb and drain punch. The claws add some coverage for chesnaught, as it is something that it definitely wants to do in order to survive. Plus, it still fits with the theme of this team, thankfully enough.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This replaces cyclizard's role as a Rapid spinner and it is also not weak to fire or fighting. It's bulky nature and access to body press makes it a good supporting attacker if needed and I also have rock slide for coverage, if needed.

I mainly kept the rest of my pokemon the same, but I did invest in max speed on my magnezone and I did replace acid armor with ice beam on gastrodon. I also did invest in defense and specia defense on my tinkaton as opposed to damage. I may also take your sticky hold idea into consideration a bit more since that seemed like a good suggestion. I also love your hydreigon idea and I'm also reconsidering cyclizard back into the team, after what you had said. Once again, thank you so much for your time and have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)