Tournament Gen 8 CAP Doubles Revival Tour Signups.

Approved by snake_rattler

Welcome to the Gen 8 CAP Doubles Revival Tour!
This tour aims to help revive this nonexistant meta from the ashes and introduce it to the eighth gen.
I decided to post the signups now because yes. Here are the rules for the tour:
This is a double elimination, bo1 tour using the Doubles OU banlist with CAPs added in. To challenge someone, use this command:
/challenge [user], [Gen 8] Doubles OU @@@ gen8cap, -Crucibellite, +Clefable, -Cawmodore
Any game which isn't posted is decided using a coinflip and you have a week to do your match. In the event something gets banned, the ban will be applied on the next week of the tour for reduced confusion. You also must follow the standard tour rules found here
To sign up, type "in". Signups end August 30th.

Cawmodore has been quickbanned!
HeatEdgeSword :
1) It pretty much would just Belly Drum most of the time with Mew's supporting through Fake Out and Transform. It could potentially set up Tailwind but it otherwise got outclassed by its Belly Drum set.

2) Is there anything else that can reliably check Cawmadore? From what I've seen, Tomohawk is pretty bad in Gen 7 with the Tapu roaming around, nobody's running Hurricane unless it has Drizzle there and its general lack of utility options there besides Stealth Rock. While Generation 8 lacks the former, I feel like Tomohawk will still be held back by the latter two issues. There's no Urshifu Single Strike to check, Volcarona is having a suspect test and checking Rillaboom can be fulfilled by other Pokemon. I suppose there's Cyclohm with Shield Dust blocking Fake Out and Whirlwind, but I don't think it would be good if there's only a limited number of options that can check Cawmadore and it can proceed to demolish most of them.
There's generally no stopping its sweeps and its kinda hard to play around it once it gets set up. Plus, the ability to have 2 fully set up cawms on the field at once because of mew's transform is pretty overwhelming.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)