Gen 5 GEN 5 Cleaner thats a sweeper

Hey this is my gen 5 ou team. I have struggled to fill out the slot Venusaur is in but cant think of many alternatives.
So the back bone of my team is on Krookodile. With Choice scarf Krook can outspeed almost all un-scarfed threats. It has a variety of moves to pick and can just sweep through weakened teams or come in early get a moxie boost and do some damage. To support Krook I have Jellicent. Jellicent can be an amazing special defense wall. It can help set up Krook with getting a burn, or can switch in on a scarfed keldeo to absorb a hit. I have chosen hex as I feel my team has a lot of status users. Then that brings us to scolipede. I really like scolipede in this gen even though it doesn't have speed boost. The ability to pass on swords dance to my Krook or sometims claydol is super valuable. Being able to outspeed the latis then hit hard a mega horn. Keeping it healthy is key so it can come in and set up an emergency swords dance or get a revenge kill. Then we have Magneton. He is basically here to trap ferro since both scolipede and krook don't match up with them well. While having eviolite it can tanks some pretty brutal hits. It also happens to be my pivot of paralyzing something then sending in scolipede for an sd or krook to clean. Claydol is one of my most favorite pokemon on this team. Another pokemon to tank special hits is very nice and having levitate it can counter heatran that can come in on my mons. He is your standard stealth and spin but has mixed damage. Ice beam is good for gliscor and Lando T while eq just hits about everything. Finally we have Venusaur. I don't really know what to do about you. Venusaur is my anti stall by stalling. Being immune to leech seed and toxic is very nice, while being able to put it out aswell. Venusaur can help against chansey and blissey as with leech seed they can't natural cure it away and it saps tons of health. I chose big root for the sole purpose of draining as much hp as possible. I really do like getting that extra health at the end and at times helps me keep sub up.

So my team is probably garbo but let me know what you think!

https://pokepast.es/a673bfe8df982010
this is my team on pokepaste

Last edited by a moderator:

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
hey man cool team scarf krookodile is really interesting and u dont see it used much but im interested in helping maximizing its potential. some of the mons u have one this team are really interesting to say the least but i feel like changing them to more viable threats in ou can really help this team win games. the hardest thing for this team to beat in my opinion is ferrothorn in rain. magneton in no way is doing any type of damage that cannot be recovered by leech seed and just gets broken down until you are forced to switch out. another pokemon that is threatening is latios. latios is incredibly hard for this team to switch into and you don't even have the luxury of trapping it after it gets a kill so it can come in freely and do what it wants, especially with magneton getting worn down by hazards + other chip. dragonite is also really difficult if it can setup because it kinda just wins with earhthquake outrage espeed coverage if claydol gets low.

:magneton: --> :magnezone: changing magenton to magenzone provides a lot of benefits. first of all, ferrothorn is a really annoying pokemon for krookodile to deal with. with it easily eating earthquakes and knock offs it should be able to get trapped effectively with your magnet puller. magneton however does not do this nearly as well as magnezone. as stated before, rain teams with ferrothorn is almost impossible to break down so i suggest running substitute / charge beam / hp fire / thunderbolt on this set. while it does cause you to have problems beating ground types, the tradeoff in exchange for effectively trapping ferrothorn is really worth it. when in on ferrothorn you can substitute to eat up leech seed, and be free to spam charge beam until you get enough boosts to knock it out. one of the benefits of this is you usually end up with an incredibly boosted magnezone behind a sub which can sometimes net you another kill. i suggest putting chople berry as the item of choice as it can eat even a specs keldeo secret sword taking 65-77% and can one shot it with thunderbolt.

:venusaur: --> :latios: the next pokemon i suggest is changing venusaur to specs latios. specs latios is one of the biggest threats in the current meta as it is incredibly hard to switch into psychic / draco meteor / surf coverage and the one pokemon that can switch into those coverage moves gets trapped by magnezone. latios retains the ability to check breloom which venusaur previously did and can fire off an immensely strong attack in return. latios is also a great keldeo check as it outspeeds and resists both of its STAB attacks, and keldeo is one of the biggest threats to krook in the meta. all in all latios fits much better on this team as a nuke rather than venusaur does a stallbreaker who doesnt really even do that well. you can also consider running a choice scarfed latios instead so you can outspeed dragonite after it hits +1 but i strongly advice choice specs for the raw power.

:claydol: --> :landorus-therian: the last big change i suggest is changing claydol to landorus-therian. lando-t is one of the most used if not the most used pokemon in the gen and for a good reason. lando-t retains the ability as a stealth rocking ground resist with an ice move to hit others. the tradeoff in losing rapid spin is worth it with lando-ts immense bulk and great defensive typing, paired with intimidate. this makes lando a lot harder to break down than a claydol and also provides u-turn which can get krook/latios in. the speed investment on this set allows it to outspeed adamant dragonite which as mentioned before is a big threat.

smaller changes
:jellicent: a small set change on jellicent allows this team to really break stall without venusaur. taunt / wisp over toxic / hex on jellicent allows this mon to break the annoying skarm/bliss core which can be extremely difficult to deal with. also physically defensive jellicent is a lot better as the extra physical bulk helps it switch into landot, excadrill, skarmory, hippowdon, etc..

:krookodile: pursuit over outrage on krookodile is amazing. this one change allows you to pursuit trap threats such as latios and gengar. latios is possibly the biggest threat in the tier as of now and pursuit trapping it with krookodile can really make this mons role in a game a lot better. generally speaking you won't miss outrage as the utility of pursuit is just a lot better than getting locked into a non-stab outrage.

in conclusion i feel like i tried to optimize krook's role to the fullest. this team should be played by weakening things like landorus-therian, trapping annoying pokemon like skarmory and ferrothorn, and keeping jellicent / latios alive to deal with rain which is krooks worst nightmare. scolipass into krook could always be a late game winning option so that could be something important to keep in the back as well. hope you do well with these changes.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Trick

Last edited:
The only issue for me is yeah Lando-T is good but I wanted something with rapid spin so scolipede didn't get wrecked after it popped sash. And for me claydol could resist a lot of things lando could but could spin so idk. Thanks for your input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)