French Stall [OU]

Hi guys. So i present you an exemple of Stall Team which is adapted to current Metagame. It's very classic but still worked. Enjoy reading.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability : Sand Stream
EV's : 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Impish nature (+ Def / - SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Slack Off

My Lead. Ice Fang's absence is not a problem, Roar phazes allows me to those I'm supposed to kill them (namely Salamence who come back with 25% of PV less). His type gives me a good Rock resistance which help a lot Shuckle.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability : Natural Cure
EV's : 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold nature (+ Def / - Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Perish Song
- Recover

He absorbs statutes, counters Gyarados (Unless Bounce but I have Vaporeon) and causes switches with Perish Song, which is great with Spikes + Stealth Rock and which broke Baton Pass Chains HP Fire OHKO a Foretress who wants Spin and Scizor with three Spikes and Stealth Rock. (I have Rotom for Scizor but if he takes Pursuit ...).

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability : Sturdy
EVs : 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed nature (+ Def / - Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

I can quite easily be placed at the battle's beginning having played Leads (Swampert, Jirachi, Metagross, Mamoswine) and after a K.O with a Pursuit or an Outrage. Shed Shell allows you not have me by Magnezone and lack of Leftovers is not a problem (because Vaporeon's Wish).

For the EV's spread, I haven't hesitated to put maximum in Defense to better reflect Bander or DD Mence's Outrage.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb
EV's : 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Wish
- Protect

He's pretty for stopped Water Sweepers like Azumarill or Gyarados. makes a very good combination with Shuckle, given immunities / resistances and the fact that he treats with his Wish.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability : Levitate
EV's : 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

He blocks Rapid Spin and absorbs statutes. I chose Will-o-wisp for Scizor who would be a real problem. Shadow Ball is good for to hurt Celebi.

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability : Gluttony
EV's : 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy nature (+ SDef / - Spd)
- Toxic
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Rest

One of the best special wall in the game. No Pokémon can boost his stats because he takes Encore and banders like Scizor, Tyranitar, or Metagross will not risk it without Knock Off because they would withdraw their item. His only problem is it's weakness to Stealth Rock & the fact that when it uses Rest, many Pokémon can be placed above. Toxik hurts Stallers in addition to Stealth Rock and Spikes. It should not be underestimated.

Offensive Threats List

Aerodactyl : Celebi, Foretress & Rotom.
Alakazam : Shuckle.
Azelf :
Breloom : Rotom-H.
Dragonite : Hippowdon & Forretress if he's blockes with Outrage.
Electivire : Hippowdon & Shuckle.
Empoleon : The SubAgility is blocked by Celebi if he as Surf + Grass Knot or by Vaporeon if he as Surf + Ice Beam
Flygon : The Bander is stopped by Hippowdon, the Mixed by Shuckle & Vaporeon and the Scarf by Hippowdon & Rotom-H.
Gengar : Shuckle.
Gyarados : Celebi (non-Bounce) and Vaporeon.
Heatran : A fucking problem if he's Choice Specs and if I activate his Flash Fire with Rotom. The SubToxik is (a little) countered by Vaporeon and the Scarfer is blocked by Shuckle & Vaporeon.
Heracross : Rotom-H.
Infernape : The Mixed / Nasty Ploter is stopped by Vaporeon, the Bander / Swords Dancer is countered by Hippowdon.
Jirachi : The Scarfer is blocked by Hippowdon, the Calm Minder by Shuckle (with Encore and I sent my Hippowdon for Phaze him).
Jolteon : Shuckle.
Latias : Shuckle + Aquali if I use Encore in Surf.
Kingdra : Celebi.
Lucario : Special versions are stopped by Shuckle and physical versions by Hippowdon (and Rotom if he hasn't Crunch).
Machamp : Hippowdon but DynamicPunch's confusions are a problem.
Magnezone : Rotom-H & Shuckle.
Mamoswine : Rotom-H.
Metagross : Hippowdon, Rotom-H & Foretress (if he don't have HP Fire).
Rhyperior : Hippowdon.
Salamence : Special versions are stopped by Shuckle and physical versions by Hippowdon.
Starmie : I can use Encore with Shuckle or Revenge Kill with Celebi. I hate the Life Orber.
Suicune : Encore for the win.
Togekiss : Rotom-H can burn his face and Shuckle countered him.
Tyranitar : Rotom can burn his face and Pursuit will be useless. Physical versions are stopped by Hippowdon and special versions by Shuckle.
Weavile : He can Pursuit two Pokémons in my team but i can countered him with Forretress

Defensive Threat List

Blissey : Celebi.
Bronzong : Rotom-H.
Celebi : Shuckle.
Cresselia : Shuckle.
Rotom : Shuckle but he can Trick him.
Forretress : Rotom-H.
Gliscor : The BP version is fucked by Celebi and the Stantard by Vaporeon & Rotom-H.
Hippowdon : Rotom-H, Celebi & Vaporeon.
Skarmory : Rotom-H can burn his face.
Snorlax : Hippowdon.
Suicune : Shuckle.
Swampert : Vaporeon & Rotom-H.
Tentacruel : Rotom-H.
Vaporeon : My Vapy & Celebi.
Zapdos : Shuckle.

This is a good stall team and I enjoy the inclusion of Shuckle as the team's main special wall, especially when we are in a metagame where Blissey has trouble with many of today's top threats.

Anyway, I feel all the Pokemon are fine, although the movesets could use some fixing. With Celebi, Rotom-H, and Shuckle (for Encoring Calm Minds or Dragon Dances) all able to take out Suicune, Gyarados, etc., I feel Vaporeon could use Ice Beam a lot more effectively than Hidden Power Electric. DDMence is a consistent threat to all stall teams, even with Shuckle and Hippowdon, and since both of them will have to be dealing with Scizor and Tyranitar, giving Vaporeon some of the slack would really help.

I think you are a bit too worried about Pursuit, because your team handles Weavile and Scizor fine. I would go as far to say you would really want Heal Bell on Celebi over Hidden Power Fire. Vaporeon, Hippowdon, and Celebi all have big problems with Toxic Spikes, especially if Forretress can't get rid of them. Heal Bell keeps them alive longer. And believe me, you will have big problems with Scizor, Tyranitar, and Salamence if Vaporeon and Hippowdon go down (they are important for healing the rest of the team and phazing).

Have you considered Payback on Forretress? If an opposing team gets all of their Spikes out, you could be in real trouble, especially since your main special wall will be losing 50% just switching in. Payback will give you a way to 2hko or 3hko those pesky Rotom-Hs and really let you run wild (once you can spin away an opposing stall team's Spikes and Stealth Rock at will, you pretty much win).

With these changes, I think you have one of the best stall teams of Platinum to be honest.

And if you plan on giving Celebi Heal Bell... maybe get rid of Sleep Talk on Rotom, and put in T-bolt or Overheat.

T-bolt on Rotom gives Vaporeon the chance to use Ice Beam instead of HP.

Idk if I like Hippowdon over Gliscor, with Gliscor being able to wall a lot of stall alone. As Taunt ruins a lot, and can be more effective than Roar for the most part, Taunting the Gyarados', etc. But if you think Hippo is better for you.. go for it.

I'd definitely go Payback over Gyro Ball though. And/Or Rest over Explosion. Explosion just means.. one less Pokemon for you and with you being Stall... why would you want him gone?

Gengar really does serious damage to your team though. And although Hippowdon is slower than Abomasnow, Hail will really wear you out, regardless of Vaporeon.

Special Attacks will just really be the end of you.

I've always found Gyro Ball to have few uses, whereas Payback lets you hit Spin-Blockers, which supports Stall much better, imo. Rotom can take Mamoswine fairly well, should it become an issue. Weavile would be the only issue I can see, then.

Pokerade, the OP needs Hippowdon to set up SS for Shuckle.

Rotom-H doesn't need Overheat; It can handle Metagross and Scizor just fine anyway and the rarer Mamoswine won't switch into Rotom-h for fear of a burn. Usually just bluffing Overheat is enough. As stated before Rotom-h should use Thunderbolt over Shadow Ball because Thunderbolt lets it be a Gyarados counter. Hidden Power Fire on Celebi is unnecessary because Scizor don't tend to switch into Celebi anyway and you already have Scizor covered with Rotom-h. Otherwise your team looks good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)