First OU Team! Need Suggestions!

Hello People! I have Finally Come up with a complete OU team but like any other Team, it has it's Flaws so i need YOU to give me suggestions on it :D As this is my first team, it will have Major Flaws so no hate please, only Advice/Suggestions 8D

Note: This is my first RMT so if i did anything wrong, please tell me, Thanks :D

Team in a Nutshell:

In-Depth:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 254 Attack / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Adamant (+Attack - Sp.A)

• Stealth Rocks
  • Swords Dance
  • Stone Edge
  • Close Combat
So this is My lead. It's basic job is pretty much just to set up Stealth Rocks. Focus Sash ensures that i get my Stealth Rocks up. I am not to sure about Swords Dance though.. Maybe Replace it for X-Scissors? Close Combat takes care of T-Tar and Stone Edge pretty much for a Strong Stab move but it's accuracy is just terrible. It also some what check ninetails but if i miss Stone Edge, Ninetails can kill me :3

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack -Sp.A)

• Bullet Punch
  • Bug Bite
  • Superpower
  • Pursuit
This is a Standard Scizor set although without U-Turn. Bullet Punch is for Strong Priority STAB powered by Technician. Superpower is for Magnezone and other Steel types while Pursuit is for dealing with Jellicent and other Pokemon that tend to switch out when Scizor come on the Battle Field. I Chose Bug Bite over U-Turn just because of Personal Preference.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature (-Attack - Sp.A)

• Subsitute
  • Dragon Dance
  • Outrage
  • Fire Blast
This is one of my Favorite Pokemon and Physical Sweeper. First i throw out a Sub and then Dragon Dance and after that Proceed to Sweep. I preferred Outrage over Dragon Claw just because of the Sheer Power. Although i am Debating whether or not to Switch Fire Blast for EarthQuake.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.A / 4 Speed / 252 Sp.D
Modest Nature (+Sp.A - Attack)

• Heat wave
  • Earth Power
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Magma Storm
So this is one of my Special sweeper. It also provides the some-what necessary resistance to Ice because of my Salamence. I chose to invest more into Sp.D because i don't think there are any Potential threats that i need to out speed with Heatran's 77 Speed Base Stat (T-Tar is taken care of with my Scizor). Although i need suggestions on the move set.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.A / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed - Attack)

• Draco Meteor
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Psyshock
  • Trick
This is another of of my Special Sweeper. Both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse are their just in case i don't need to harshly reduce my Sp.A with Draco Meteor. Psyshock is to get passed Special Walls and Trick is to Lock irritating Physical Attackers and Ferrothorn/Forretress into one move so that they can be less irritating.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Sp.D
Calm Nature (+Sp.D - Attack)

• Scald
  • Shadow Ball
  • Toxic
  • Recover
This is my Special wall (which is much needed). This Tanks out most of the weaknesses of my team (Water/Ice/Fire). Scald is Preferred over Hydro Pump because of the Burn Chance. Toxic is for the Likes of Blissey and other Special Tanks. Recover is for stalling. Some EV are invested into Def also just because Jellicent's Defenses aren't that great :/

So yeah, this is my first Complete OU team I've made. i know it lacks a Physical Wall but i don't know which pokemon will be more suitable and which Pokemon to replace it with :/

Any (Constructive)Criticism is always appreciated aswell as Advice and Suggestions :D

Hello. This team looks pretty good. I don't see any obvious threats to your team but I have suggestions for the movesets.
  • I'd still suggest u-turn over bug bite as salamence and latios, while they could take a hit, would prefer a free switch undamaged and then be able to destroy the opposition. Also change the 252 HP EVs to 248 to minimize SR damage, which you can put in speed for speed creeping if you like, though bulk is preferred because a slow u-turn is good anyway.
  • While that salamence set looks good and all, I'd suggest replacing substitute with earthquake and life orb over leftovers. Also in a meta where speed is so incredibly important, I'd suggest a jolly nature over adamant.
  • Offensive heatran is more of a rarity now, but magma storm is just really used for trapping weather inducers and defeating dugtrio. If you want to defeat dugtrio, air balloon is a better choice which takes advantage of heatran's above average bulk and attacking power. As for the moves, fire blast is a much more powerful move than heat wave while having similar accuracy(if you want a reliable 100% acc. STAB move then you can use flamethrower) Also, consider HP grass over magma storm for the reason i mentioned above. Heatran really needs the speed so you should shift the 252 Spdef EVs to 252 EVs in speed.
  • Draco meteor and dragon pulse imo are really redundant and especially on a set with trick, there is almost no coverage with those two.
I'd suggest the set below:

Latios@Choice specs|Levitate
EVs- 252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid nature
Draco meteor/Psyshock/Surf/Trick(or HP fire)
Now surf provides really important coverage against steels and is a must. Latios, with an immunity to spikes and taking a mere 12.5% from SR, switches out a lot anyway.
  • Tbh there isn't any reason to run jellicent.
  1. Your team is offensive.
  2. There are no hazards apart from SR(so no spinblocking required)
  3. It steals your momentum
Hence I'd suggest rotom wash instead of jellicent. Rotom wash gives you the momentum with volt switch and fixes the problem your team seems to have with bulky waters.
Rotom-wash@Leftovers|Levitate
EVs- 232 HP/56 SpAtk/220 Spe
Modest nature
Volt switch/Hydro pump/Will o wisp/Pain split
Also, I think your team would prefer custap skarmory over lead terrakion because it can lay down spikes and stealth rocks fast.
Skarmory@Custap berry|Sturdy
EVs- 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly nature
Spikes/Stealth rock/Brave Bird/Taunt
Hope I helped

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey TheBullet435, this is a pretty standard offensive team you have here.

I like what you were trying to do with Jellicent, create a special wall for your team's defensive backbone, but I'm not so sure that Jellicent itself is the best choice for your team. As an offensive team, you're probably looking to keep momentum so that your Pokémon can set up more easily. Applying offensive pressure to your opponent means you won't need defensive backbone. Jellicent is mostly a momentum killer. It can come in on attacks, but can't do much after that. To preserve your team's offensive nature, I suggest you use Rotom-W over Jellicent. Rotom-W does what you say you want Jellicent to do (cover some of the weaknesses to Water, Fire, and Ice your team has), but it also can provide Burns from Will-O-Wisp, some great damage from Hydro Pump, and most importantly, momentum from Volt Switch. It also gives you some insurance against Gyarados, which can set up on either Heatran or Scizor and KO your entire team at +1 (or more if it gets a Moxie boost).

Next, I have some more minor changes, but they will all help improve the team significantly. Heatran should run Fire Blast / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice / Toxic. Toxic can help defeat Rotom-W, Politoed, and Jellicent that love switching in on Heatran. i would also give it an Air Balloon to make it a better check to Dragon types that rely on Earthquake to hit Heatran (see Salamence). Latios should run Sleep Talk over Trick, since you have a pretty significant weakness to Breloom, and Latios can then absorb Spore and continue to dish out powerful attacks even when asleep. I would also change Dragon Pulse to Surf. Scizor needs to run U-turn over Bug Bite. I know it's personal preference, but trust me when I say that Rotom-W + Scizor makes an amazing VoltTurn core that will help your offensive team greatly. Salamence should be a Choice Scarf set with Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw. this can be great for cleaning up opposing teams late-game. And Terrakion should be Jolly because you absolutely have to capitalize on that great base 108 speed!

Hope I was able to help! Good luck with the team!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 Spd / 56 SAtk / 232 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hello. This team looks pretty good. I don't see any obvious threats to your team but I have suggestions for the movesets.
  • I'd still suggest u-turn over bug bite as salamence and latios, while they could take a hit, would prefer a free switch undamaged and then be able to destroy the opposition. Also change the 252 HP EVs to 248 to minimize SR damage, which you can put in speed for speed creeping if you like, though bulk is preferred because a slow u-turn is good anyway.
  • While that salamence set looks good and all, I'd suggest replacing substitute with earthquake and life orb over leftovers. Also in a meta where speed is so incredibly important, I'd suggest a jolly nature over adamant.
  • Offensive heatran is more of a rarity now, but magma storm is just really used for trapping weather inducers and defeating dugtrio. If you want to defeat dugtrio, air balloon is a better choice which takes advantage of heatran's above average bulk and attacking power. As for the moves, fire blast is a much more powerful move than heat wave while having similar accuracy(if you want a reliable 100% acc. STAB move then you can use flamethrower) Also, consider HP grass over magma storm for the reason i mentioned above. Heatran really needs the speed so you should shift the 252 Spdef EVs to 252 EVs in speed.
  • Draco meteor and dragon pulse imo are really redundant and especially on a set with trick, there is almost no coverage with those two.
I'd suggest the set below:

Latios@Choice specs|Levitate
EVs- 252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid nature
Draco meteor/Psyshock/Surf/Trick(or HP fire)
Now surf provides really important coverage against steels and is a must. Latios, with an immunity to spikes and taking a mere 12.5% from SR, switches out a lot anyway.
  • Tbh there isn't any reason to run jellicent.
  1. Your team is offensive.
  2. There are no hazards apart from SR(so no spinblocking required)
  3. It steals your momentum
Hence I'd suggest rotom wash instead of jellicent. Rotom wash gives you the momentum with volt switch and fixes the problem your team seems to have with bulky waters.
Rotom-wash@Leftovers|Levitate
EVs- 232 HP/56 SpAtk/220 Spe
Modest nature
Volt switch/Hydro pump/Will o wisp/Pain split
Also, I think your team would prefer custap skarmory over lead terrakion because it can lay down spikes and stealth rocks fast.
Skarmory@Custap berry|Sturdy
EVs- 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly nature
Spikes/Stealth rock/Brave Bird/Taunt
Hope I helped
Hey TheBullet435, this is a pretty standard offensive team you have here.

I like what you were trying to do with Jellicent, create a special wall for your team's defensive backbone, but I'm not so sure that Jellicent itself is the best choice for your team. As an offensive team, you're probably looking to keep momentum so that your Pokémon can set up more easily. Applying offensive pressure to your opponent means you won't need defensive backbone. Jellicent is mostly a momentum killer. It can come in on attacks, but can't do much after that. To preserve your team's offensive nature, I suggest you use Rotom-W over Jellicent. Rotom-W does what you say you want Jellicent to do (cover some of the weaknesses to Water, Fire, and Ice your team has), but it also can provide Burns from Will-O-Wisp, some great damage from Hydro Pump, and most importantly, momentum from Volt Switch. It also gives you some insurance against Gyarados, which can set up on either Heatran or Scizor and KO your entire team at +1 (or more if it gets a Moxie boost).

Next, I have some more minor changes, but they will all help improve the team significantly. Heatran should run Fire Blast / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice / Toxic. Toxic can help defeat Rotom-W, Politoed, and Jellicent that love switching in on Heatran. i would also give it an Air Balloon to make it a better check to Dragon types that rely on Earthquake to hit Heatran (see Salamence). Latios should run Sleep Talk over Trick, since you have a pretty significant weakness to Breloom, and Latios can then absorb Spore and continue to dish out powerful attacks even when asleep. I would also change Dragon Pulse to Surf. Scizor needs to run U-turn over Bug Bite. I know it's personal preference, but trust me when I say that Rotom-W + Scizor makes an amazing VoltTurn core that will help your offensive team greatly. Salamence should be a Choice Scarf set with Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw. this can be great for cleaning up opposing teams late-game. And Terrakion should be Jolly because you absolutely have to capitalize on that great base 108 speed!

Hope I was able to help! Good luck with the team!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 Spd / 56 SAtk / 232 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Thank you both for your suggestions :D I will consider them and start making some changes while keeping your advice and suggestions in my mind :D
(i will update my team soon :D)

FlareQuake

Banned deucer.
Hey, I agree with what Kingler said about Jolly and such over Adamant. You'll quickly find that the Extra speed is really needed over the bit of power that an Adamant nature gives, I would suggest changing Sala into Scarf Moxie Mence (Outrage, D Claw, EQ, Fire Blast). And I would advise changing Terrakion into Jolly and changing Swords Dance to Taunt (as that is the standard Lead Terrakion). But for the record, I like the Custap Skarmory Lead Idea as well (however it is much slower and can often miss getting that odd OTK that Lead Terrakion gets, and you will be prone to Taunts from more Mons). I also liked the idea of U-Turn on Scizor, as well as adding Rotom over Jelly, you'll find that VoltTurn is quite effective, especially since you run a sort of Heavy Offense. As for Dpulse on Latias, I would suggest Surf as it gives you much better coverage and you can always try using it on the pesky steels that people tend to switch in when Latios comes out.
Also one idea that I have that the others haven't mentioned is possibly try running a Life Orb set on Scizor, it might not be the best Idea as it will extend its longevity by a bit (especially due to all the switching Scizor does and the Hazards that people usually run and your lack of a spinner), but it does make it somewhat better due to the fact that the opponent doesn't get a free turn on you due to the fact that after Scizor's revnege killed, the opponent will just send in a resist to said move and essentially get a free turn. Just one last tip in general as opposed to a change for your team, you'll find that your own Choiced pokemon can become quite a nuisance against better players as they know how to scout that properly and will make you pay dearly for being locked into a certain move by sending in a resist and then they can either use that turn to set up hazards, get up a substitute, or double switch back into another pokemon. Hope I helped. Nice team tho :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)