Exeggutor (Placeholder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeleton is done.

[Overview]

• Awesome base 125 SpA.
  • Can play many roles: Sunny day sweeper, Trick Room Sweeper, dual screen, etc.
  • Has key resistanses to Water, Ground, and Fighting
  • Unfortunately, it has a whopping seven weaknesses and low SpD and Spe
[Set]

name: Sunny Day
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Grass Knot / Leaf Storm
move 3: Psycho Shock
move 4: Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
item: Heat Rock / Life Orb
ability: Chlorophyll
nature: Rash
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Set Comments

• Basically the same as Gen IV, except for two things: the availability of Psycho Shock, which can be used to more effectively damage special walls, and the replacement of Solarbeam with Grass Knot/Leaf Storm, due to the existance of Kyogre.
  • Grass Knot is for heavier Ubers (Kyogre and Groudon, for example), while Leaf Storm is for the lighter ones (like Darkrai).
Additional Comments

• Synthesis can be used instead of Sleep Powder/Explosion.
Teammates and Counters

• Groudon is a good partner, as it can set up the sun for you and spare you a moveslot.
  • Other weather-changers (a.k.a Kyogre) are a threat to this set.
[Team Options]

• Pokemon that can lure Ground / Fighting / Water types, like Registeel or Milotic, in can help Exeggutor.
  • Pokemon that can take down Exeggutor's counters also help.
[Other Options]

• Exeggutor can be a good physical wall due to its impressive bulk in that area and access to Wish.
  • It can also run a Physical set with Swords Dance and STAB Wood Hammer.
[Counters]

• Specially defensive Pokemon in general are Exeggutor's bane without Psycho Shock.
  • Anything with a decent Bug-type move will wreck this Pokemon.
[Dream World]

• Exeggutor gets Harvest in the Dream World.
  • Harvest is a very useful ability that allows Exeggutor to abuse certain Berry effects.
  • Here are some example movepools:
[Set] name: Lumseggutor
move 1: Rest
move 2: Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
move 3: Psycho Shock
move 4: Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
item: Lum Berry
ability: Harvest
nature: Bold/Clam
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Set Comments

• This set allows Exeggutor to utilize Rest better, since Lum Berry will cure it's sleep after you use it.
Additional Comments

• Lum Berry is used over Chesto Berry because it can heal other status effects as well.
Teammates and Counters

• Tension users are annoying, but Exeggutor won't be running into those any time soon.

Solarbeam isn't that reliable in Ubers. Kyogre can come in and force you to charge up that turn, Rayquaza sets up, etc, etc. I think Grass Knot would be better, or Leaf Storm. Grass Knot hits the heavier Ubers such as Kyogre and Groudon, while Leaf Storm hits light Pokemon like Darkrai.

I doubt Synthesis will be useful in Ubers AT ALL for the same reason as Solar Beam; The weather changes.

Also, without significant investment in the Rest+Lum Berry set, I doubt Exeggutor will be able to take many hits otherwise, especially in the heavily Offensive Uber tier. In the case of recovery, your Lum Berry set with Harvest will need to have Defensive investments. No Def/SpD/HP means even with Rest, it wont be too bulky. I suggest converting the speed into HP or defenses. Additionally, Explosion on a Rest set seems counterproductive to longevity, especially without any attack EVs or items like Life Orb... In fact, with Explosion's nerf, it wont be doing much especially to the very bulky Pokemon in the Ubers tier.

Also, there is no need for Speed on the Custap Berry Set, and as it would only be useful if you wanted to outspeed slow Mischievous Heart users (like Sableye). I don't think its worth it. I would remove Explosion for the same reasons as for the previously mentioned set, and would replace it with Substitute or Endure... Exeggutor will need to safely achieve Custap Berry.

*Since you are using Substitute or Endure, Leaf Storm, and Psychic/Psycho Shock, it would be a shame to waste that great Special Attack on a non-attacking move like Sleep Powder. After all, with Sleep Clause, Sleep Powder is only good to an extent, and Exeggutor needs to be able to do more than 1 turn of Sleep Power, and 1 turn of Leaf Storm. After all, it will be at low health, be forced to switch, and will easily die when it switches back in thanks to entry hazards (especially if opting for Endure). Having a way to deal consistent damage (and stay in, go first, attack, repeat) will be best with another attack such as Hidden Power Ice.

I suggest a Trick Room Set like this:

Exeggutor: @ Petaya Berry
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA
(+SpA, - Spe)
Ability: Harvest

Trick Room
Substitute
Sleep Powder
Grass Knot

Switch in on a threat that will be forced out, such as Cresselia, Bronzong, etc. or a Scarfed foe like Scarf Latias locked in Surf/Thunder(bolt), and use Substitute on the switch. Sub down to Petaya activation (+1 SpA), then Trick Room as the foe breaks your Substitute (+1 SpA due to Harvest = +2 SpA). Begin sweeping while going first under Trick Room until Trick Room is about to end (after which you should have +6 SpA), Sleep Powder the foe, and you will use Trick Room again as they switch out their sleeping Pokemon. Continue sweeping with Grass Knot getting +1 SpA each turn. This should give you 8 turns to sweep.

I believe HARVEST as an ability will not work more than 1/3 unless Drought/Sunny Day is present, so mention that in your analysis (requires Groudon).

[Set]
name: Sunny Day
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Grass Knot / Leaf Storm
move 3: Psychic / Psycho Shock
move 4: Explosion / Sleep Powder
item: Heat Rock / Life Orb
ability: Chlorophyll
Sunny day is unnecessary as Groudon has Drought. Explosion sucks after the nerf and can't even KO Blissey and Chansey.

[Set]
name: Cutsapeggutor
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Synthesis
move 3: Psychic / Psycho Shock
move 4: Explosion / Sleep Powder
item: Cutsap Berry
ability: Harvest
Delete this entire set. Custap berry is illegal.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deslash Psychic, IMO, since Psychic is probably the worst possible attacking type in Ubers (look at neutral, super effective and not effective coverage and you'll see for yourself). I'm inclined to keep Psycho Shock for now, since it lets your hurt Blissey at least. I'm not sure about Explosion after the nerf too, and I'd probably deslash that too. Also, Hidden Power Fire should be an option, since the sun gives it a boost and it lets you hit Steel-types like Scizor, Nattorei and Forretress.

Hidden Power Ice needs to be slashed with Hidden Power Fire. Giving Rayquaza a free switch in just isn't funny for Exeggutor. Drop Sunny Day since you are in Ubers like the others had said.

I don't really think the LumExeggutor set can work well in Ubers since Celebi almost outclassed it completely with Recover, better defenses, Natural Cure and Speed.

Ho-Oh and Lugia laugh at most Exeggutor sets so they should be mentioned in the counter section. Rayquaza kills Exeggutor easily thanks to Air Lock and a Fire attack.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This hasn't been touched in months.

Locking. If the original author still wants to do this, PM me and I will reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)