DRose The Return (First RMT)

The Squad Preview

The Intro
Hello. This is my very first ever RMT! So thank you for taking a look at it. Since it's my first RMT, let me give you some background. I've been playing Pokemon, since Gen 2 and competitively been battling since Gen 4 (HgSS). I'm not the greatest at building teams but this is one I am very proud of and wanted some opinions on to make it even better. So uhh, yeah let me show you guys the process of building this shit.

Team Building

I choose Dragonite, to start things off with. I wanted to start off with something that has high Attack Power.

Next I needed hazards. Ferrothorn is the best Hazard setter because he is bulky as hell and has few weaknesses. Jellicent, is simply my spin blocker. I wanted a bulky spin blocker with great dual typing so he was an obvious choice.

Electric moves were a threat to my team. But by adding Gliscor, I was given immunity to those threats and given something extra to switch into to avoid Toxic with the addition of Gliscor with Skarmory. Also he and Jellicent, work wonders to resist fighting types and thanks to both these Pokemon's dual typing coverage they can resist many different fighting type threats with the help from each other. (Either it be Brelooms fighting/Grass type coverage or Lucario and his Ice Punch. I will have an answer for both)

Next I added Scizor. I started off with Lucario but realized Scizor, was much better simply because of his access to U-Turn. With the scizor set I am running I can OHKO Starmie, Celebi, Alakazam ( and Latios after Stealth Rocks are up). As for Rotom-W... I wanted to use Jolteon over him to handle water types like Bulky Jellicent, Gyrados and Vaporeon just to name a few but his pure electric typing scared me off. At first Thunderus was big threat to my team, same with choice'd Scizors. Thanks to Blissey (aka The Dumb Fat B*tch :mad:) I'm able to take heavy hits from scizor and stall it out. As well as Get the toxic up on Thunderus so I can take it down with no problems. It's a much better fit than Rotom-W was in my opinon (even though I hate this fat b*tch...)

Now Let Me show You My Sets

Dragonite (LeBron) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 126 HP/ 252 Atk/ 132 Speed
Moves: -Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

"Can't beat em join em" is what some people may say. This not the case I placed Dragonite on my team
because of his Speed and Hugh attack. Dragonite, in some cases becomes my revenge killer. When I Dragon Dance, he becomes an absolute threat even more so than he already is. I can make quick work of all most anything that threatens the other pokemon on my team using this guy.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes​

Sand teams with starmie do indeed fuck my team up. I needed a Sturdy Steel type and Ferrothorn provides that. He also much more efficent to set up with than the Skarmory I originally had

Jeliicent (Dwight Howard) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp/36 Def/220 SpDef
Moves: -Scald
-Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
His main objective is to be my Wall/ Spin Blocker/ "Poisoner" or whatever. He is basically My special wall. He is so helpful for wearing down my opponents HP so I can go for the kill. Also he and Gliscor, are the best for stopping fighting types dead in their tracks. I choose him over Gengar to be my spin blocker because the bulk and typing coverage was much needed.

Gliscor (Hakeem) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 244 Hp/248 Def/16 Speed
Moves: -Fire Fang
- Sleep Talk
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Ahh yes... my Bulky ass, Defensive ass Gliscor (hence the name). Fighting types can do almost nothing to him because of his huge defense and he helps out for switching into toxic spikes and Earthquakes. Fire Fang was needed to ensure I did not struggle against Brelooms... God I hate brelooms. I had Brelooms in mind well building this set. switching into Gliscor when I see Breloom is too rich. The sleep talk helps out immensely because they just don't see it coming. Protect can always replace Sleep talk, but I prefer sleep talk because it helps me out the most with brelooms which could otherwise be a threat with out it.

Blissey (Fat B*tch) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Moves: -Toxic
- Wish
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
Mainly used just to stall out Thunderus and Scizor and get poison up on Pokemon that would otherwise threaten my team. This stupid b*tch, helps me out quite a bit with it's wish so I am able to regain some health on pokemon I can't afford to lose on my team such as Dragonite or Scizor. (p.s She's not just stupid and fat but an ugly b*tch as well) I hate Blissey but it helps me out a lot

Scizor (DRose) @ Chocie Scarf
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Speed
Moves: -U-turn
- Super Power
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

My revenge Killer, My Blissey Killer, My Speed Demon my main man... DRose. Scarfed Scizor can OHKO threats Like Starmie, Celebi and Alakazam also Latios and Latias rocks are up with it's U-turn. It's high attack power and speed almost impossible to hit. This man wins so many battles for me it's crazy.

Thanks for checking out my First RMT. I hope I did this correctly :confused:
I really hope to get some Tips and suggestions to make my team much better. As I said before I'm not that great at making teams but this one is one that I am proud of and have been doing quite well with. Thanks

Woop

Last edited:
Sand teams with starmie fuck your shit up and if the have a life orb then welp you're really fucked.
You need to sturdy steel type and scizor just cant provide that. I suggest dropping either scizor or skarmory for special defensive ferrothorn.

The Set:

- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

It gets rid of starmie and makes your team even more annoying. Apart from that Solid ass team bro!

Sand teams with starmie fuck your shit up and if the have a life orb then welp you're really fucked.
You need to sturdy steel type and scizor just cant provide that. I suggest dropping either scizor or skarmory for special defensive ferrothorn.

The Set:

- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

It gets rid of starmie and makes your team even more annoying. Apart from that Solid ass team bro!
Alright Thanks man

This is a pretty good team! Just one quick nitpick. I don't see the point of Sleep Talk on your Gliscor, especially since you have a Toxic Orb. Once you're Poison is activated, you're immune to other status, and having Sleep Talk as the first Breloom is a kind of a one shot gimmick. If I see a Breloom, I would make it my priority to get the Poison on Gliscor activated rather. That being said, you can run Protect over Sleep Talk in order to help you get back more health, which can help against real heavy hitters like Garchomp, etc. since your Ferrothorn is Specially Defensive.

This is a pretty good team! Just one quick nitpick. I don't see the point of Sleep Talk on your Gliscor, especially since you have a Toxic Orb. Once you're Poison is activated, you're immune to other status, and having Sleep Talk as the first Breloom is a kind of a one shot gimmick. If I see a Breloom, I would make it my priority to get the Poison on Gliscor activated rather. That being said, you can run Protect over Sleep Talk in order to help you get back more health, which can help against real heavy hitters like Garchomp, etc. since your Ferrothorn is Specially Defensive.
Defiantly Going to change this. Thank you

Hey There.
It is a very interesting team you have there, I like your team and dragonite set, but I see weaknesses, have no worry because i'll help you.

First you're totally weak to Thundurus-T, it can do a lot of damage on your team and can set up easily (Scizor/Jellicent/Gliscor) because Thundurus-T has nasty plot, after using that it can OHKO'd all your team, then I notice a small weakness against Rotom-W, it can be very annoying because Ferrothorn can take a Will-o-Wisp and will no longer come on him because the opponent will inevitably spamm Volt Switch, and once ferrothorn dead you will be very disadvantaged, Dragonite cannot come on Rotom-W because he's afraid of Will O Wisp and Scizor also, i'd suggest Blissey over Rotom-W, Blissey is a very good pokemon for your team, it can easily come on Rotom because he is a very good specially defensive wall but also because he's a status absorber so it is immune to Will O Wisp, then Blissey is a very good counter to Thundurs-T because it can use the Toxic + Softboiled combo without problem, and now you can come more easily on Blissey, because Scizor Choice scarf is not very powerful and generally Blissey/Chansey are played in Physical defensive version, the opponent will obviously use softboiled if Choice Scarf has been spotted or switch to get back after, You'll be very disadvantaged, with Blissey you can fix the problem, then you can always come on Tornadus/Heatran, you are less weak against the Suns Teams if Dragonite takes a Will O Wisp and you still have Taunt + Fire Fang combo to kill skarmory with Gliscor.

Now I'll talk about dragonite, i'd suggest a bulky spread "126HP/252ATK/132SPEED, Jolly" because ' it has no support for set up easily, a bulky spread would be very beneficial to its sweep and to take Bullet Punch/Extrem Speed more easily.

I Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your team.
~Leftiez

Last edited:
Hey There.
It is a very interesting team you have there, I like your team and dragonite set, but I see weaknesses, have no worry because i'll help you.

First you're totally weak to Thundurus-T, it can do a lot of damage on your team and can set up easily (Scizor/Jellicent/Gliscor) because Thundurus-T has nasty plot, after using that it can OHKO'd all your team, then I notice a small weakness against Rotom-W, it can be very annoying because Ferrothorn can take a Will-o-Wisp and will no longer come on him because the opponent will inevitably spamm Volt Switch, and once ferrothorn dead you will be very disadvantaged, Dragonite cannot come on Rotom-W because he's afraid of Will O Wisp and Scizor also, i'd suggest Blissey over Rotom-W, Blissey is a very good pokemon for your team, it can easily come on Rotom because he is a very good specially defensive wall but also because he's a status absorber so it is immune to Will O Wisp, then Blissey is a very good counter to Thundurs-T because it can use the Toxic + Softboiled combo without problem, and now you can come more easily on Blissey, because Scizor Choice scarf is not very powerful and generally Blissey/Chansey are played in Physical defensive version, the opponent will obviously use softboiled if Choice Scarf has been spotted or switch to get back after, You'll be very disadvantaged, with Blissey you can fix the problem, then you can always come on Tornadus/Heatran, you are less weak against the Suns Teams if Dragonite takes a Will O Wisp and you still have Taunt + Fire Fang combo to kill skarmory with Gliscor.

Now I'll talk about dragonite, i'd suggest a bulky spread "126HP/252ATK/132SPEED, Jolly" because ' it has no support for set up easily, a bulky spread would be very beneficial to its sweep and to take Bullet Punch/Extrem Speed more easily.

I Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your team.
~Leftiez
I made these changes as soon as I seen this lol. It works out really well. Tornadus was a problem but Blissey does the trick. Especially at stalling out choice'd Scizors. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)