Dragons and Zoroark: The Zoroark Strikes Back (Star Wars-themed RMT)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh hey, what's up? Did you miss "Dragons and Zoroark?" Don't worry, I won't feel hurt if you say no. Anyway, I got bored and decided to re-think the team entirely. Then I got extra bored and decided to make it a Star Wars-themed RMT. So... I made a basic team, tested it, and when I decided I didn't like it I tweaked it, then made some fine tuning, and... Well, let me just say this team is awesome. Got me over 1800 ACRE in under 13 battles (Current: 1863 ACRE, 18 W - 3 L - 0 T.) While I wouldn't call it the best team I've ever used, it's still been working out extremely well for me.​

Chewbacca
Chewbacca (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Intimidate​
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def​
Adamant Nature​
- Stealth Rock​
- Earthquake​
- Stone Edge​
- U-turn​
Yes, I know, Landorus-T doesn't remind anyone here of a wookie. So, why did I choose to name it Chewbacca? Well, because nothing Star Wars-themed is complete without Chewbacca. That's all, really. Anyway, Landorus-T serves a very important role on this team: Get up Stealth Rock. I chose Landorus-T because it does that job very well, is also bulky, and also serves as a slow U-turn user that can get Zoroark in. Landorus-T can also check Terrakion if Scizor is down... Well, except for when I got critted after switching in Landorus-T on Terrakion's Close Combat (crit did like 74% or something) but that's another story. I just can't see this team functioning without Landorus-T.​
Boba Fett
Boba Fett (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry​
Trait: Rough Skin​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP​
Jolly Nature​
- Swords Dance​
- Dragon Claw​
- Earthquake​
- Fire Fang​
Okay, I'm giving Pokemon Star Wars names when they look nothing like that character. Sue me. Anyway, Garchomp... Well, sweeps. I really like this Garchomp set because Mamoswine may think he has you, but he doesn't because you have a Yache Berry and just destroyed what is normally a good check to Garchomp. And maybe, just maybe, if all of Garchomp's other checks and counters are eliminated, it can pull off a late-game sweep. I use Dragon Claw over Outrage because Outrage confusion sucks.​
Princess Leia
Princess Leia (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 252 Spd / 72 HP / 184 SAtk​
Timid Nature​
- Draco Meteor​
- Psyshock​
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
- Recover​
Okay, well, Latias is only female, so what Star Wars character did you expect me to use? Anyway, Latias functions primarily as a check to Keldeo to ensure I don't get roflstomped by Scarf Keldeo or something, and as a "NUKE SHIT WITH DRACO METEOR!!!!11" Pokemon. Because no Dragon team is complete without that. Latias also has respectable bulk and Recover, so it will last quite a while (unlike Latios.) The one thing I'm not quite sure of, though, is HP Fire. I originally added it to take care of unsuspecting Ferrothorns, but I've only really used it against Scizors who think they can Pursuit trap me. I'd like Surf as a move to be able to take on Gliscor and Landorus-T without resorting to Draco Meteor, but I'll wait for some advice before deciding.​
Darth Vader
Darth Vader (Zoroark) (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Illusion​
EVs: 216 Spd / 92 SAtk / 200 Atk​
Naughty Nature​
- Sucker Punch​
- Low Kick​
- Flamethrower​
- Dark Pulse​
Did you honestly think I'd leave out Darth Vader? Who in their right mind would do that? Anyway, Zoroark was the perfect Pokemon to pick to be Darth Vader. Darth Vader is... Well, evil. Zoroark is an evil bastard. That Scizor might be waiting to roast your Skarmory with a Flamethrower, or hit your unsuspecting Jellicent with a Dark Pulse. Anyway, at first I used a Choice Specs set... But I wanted more priority. Because priority is good. Also, because Focus Blast sucks ass. I like nailing Tyranitars with Low Kick, not missing with Focus Blast.​
Luke Skywalker
Luke Skywalker (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Justified​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef​
Timid Nature​
- Hydro Pump​
- Surf​
- Secret Sword​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Okay, who the hell else was going to be Luke? Because nothing Star Wars-themed is complete without Luke. Keldeo serves as a revenge killer (when I first made this team I noticed I had no Choice Scarf user, which I thought needed immediate fixing) and as a Pokemon to take advantage of enemy Rain. Having fun yet, Rain teams? Don't lock your ScarfChomp into Outrage because that means you're just asking to get nailed with HP Ice. You thought you could revenge kill with your Scarf Thundurus-T? No you can't. Keldeo is also my preferred switch-in to Scizor (though Landorus-T works well too) and my preferred Pokemon to take on Blissey thanks to Secret Sword - err, I mean, Lightsaber.​
Han Solo
Han Solo (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band​
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 HP / 20 Spd​
Adamant Nature​
- Bullet Punch​
- Pursuit​
- Superpower​
- U-turn​
Why? Because Scizor has priority Bullet Punch - err, I mean, Blaster Punch, and Han shot first. Anyway, Scizor is here to... Well, shoot first! He also functions as a second slow U-turn user so Zoroark can get in, as well as the ideal Pokemon to disguise Zoroark as (Latias works too as long as there are no Spikes on the field) Scizor can also nail some Lati twins with Pursuit unless they're trying to catch me off guard with HP Fire, but Zoroark's Sucker Punch helps there if they do. Okay, I think you know how Scizor works, but you're probably wondering what the fuck I'm doing with my EVs. Well, those EVs are there because I am speed creeping Riolu who try to speed creep 52 Spe Riolu. Speed creep inception. I know Riolu is uncommon, so why? Because Han shot first, that's why. Okay, but seriously, it's because I want a failsafe against Riolu in case Zoroark falls and I go up against someone who's using Riolu.​
---​
Well, that's the team for you. Hope you enjoyed this RMT and any advice is greatly appreciated. May the force be with you.​
Importable:​

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, I got the request!

I've seen most of your Zoroark teams on smogon before, and the reason why I've never rated them was because of Zoroark. It's an unknown variable, really. It all depends if your opponent falls for the bluff, and huge risks like that can win big or lose hard. Anyway, I've always felt like I am not really the person to comment on Zoroark, but because you asked me so nicely I feel I should try and rate anyway :)

So, right. Lets get to it then, shall we?

SubDD Gyara looks scary. The standard Keldeo + Tyranitar + Landorus looks mildly annoying. I bet you try to lure Tyranitar in with the Zoroark bluff and Low Kick is, but on the off chance it was Chople it could superpower you. (Like I said, a lot depends on that bluff and your ability to maintain it). Specs Keldeo looks like a pain to switch into in rain, and +2 Venusaur could sweep if Latias is below 80%. Mamoswine also looks like a huge issue as nothing is switching into it (I'm pretty sure LO Shard is still does about 75% to Yache Chomp, which means Garchomp can be whittled down from SR and opposing Landorus-T.

Stall teams in general look like a pain to face. Granted, Zoroark can try luring in Jellicent's and Latias's, but that all depends, now doesn't it?

You see, this team is already quite solid and doesn't need too many changes. However, if anyone can call Zoroark's bluff and take measures to lure out and kill him (I've done this before when facing them, it's possible) than you lose a lot of momentum and become weak to a plethora of things, starting with Jellicent.

The first thing I want to change is Garchomp; it's a horrible Mamo check and the Yache set doesn't really bring anything more to the table. I'd switch this to SubSD Salac Berry Garchomp, since it easily beats down on stall and can get a late game sweep. I mean, nothing bar Keldeo is really that fast, and on such an offensive team, I think the presence of Salac Berry can be quite useful. If anything, it makes setting up on TTar easier, as well as scouting Ice Beam.

With Scizor, I don't like the speed creep. You want your U-turn to always go last on opposing CB Scizor so you can get the momentum (and Superpower them after they superpower you). So, naturally, you should take all the evs out of speed and put them into SDef, and then run 30 Spe IVs, just to ensure you won't speed tie with other non-invested CB Scizor.

By using Icy Wind and HP Electric on Keldeo, Gyarados won't be able to get easy sweeps.

For Latias, by running 144 Hp / 114 SpA / 252 Spe, you can tank +2 Sludge Bomb for 65% and you can switch into rain Hydro Pump from Specs Keldeo with much more ease. The extra bulk help it tank LO Shard from Mamo too.

With Landorus-T, I like getting the jump on max speed Modest Heatran and outpacing the majority of every defensive Celebi used so you can threaten with U-turn. A spread of 200 Hp / 64 Atk / 56 Def / 188 Spe should suffice on pivot Landorus.

A lot depends on Zoroark. I'd say this is a fantastic team, as you can use Scizor, Latias, and Keldeo to lure in Jellicent, Ferrothorn, and Celebi respectively; as well as Tyranitar. Luring and eliminating these threats means that your team doesn't have many notable flaws. Zoroark's shit bulk is certainly one of this team's downsides, as Zoroark can't switch into anything (and even if it could, the bluff would die on impact to an attack). In my opinion, Zoroark is a huge gamble; one of the best examples of 50 / 50 in the game. This team is stellar, so kudos for that. The reason why I don't think this team can ladder as successfully as it looks on paper is because I feel that a lot of pressure is on Zoroark and the 50 / 50 can easily score the huge win... or the losing turn.

I like this team; it's innovating and exciting. It's standard to a point. I hope Zoroark works out well for you, as it seems you always make a team with him on! :) You must be an adept user of him so I'm sure this works for you just as well as it looks like it does on paper. Or as close as anyone can get! Although, I recommend the next team you post not have Zoroark. Players have to step out of their comfort zones to get better, and I think it's time (after like 3 teams) that you expand out of yous :)

Yours Truly,
Shurtugal

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate Shurtugal!

I like all of your ideas. I've never really used SubSD Garchomp, ever, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. HP Electric would be nice for Gyarados, and I'll also try the new EVs on Landorus-T/Latias.

And don't worry, I wasn't planning on my next RMT having Zoroark on it.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey LucaroarkZ, like always, awesome team based around an extremely difficult Pokémon to use effectively in OU.

I agree with a lot of the EV changes that Shurtugal already suggested, especially the speed on Landorus, since it allows you to get so many surprise kills/hits on defensive and offensive Pokémon alike. I would use a bulkier set and increase the speed to 220 EVs though, since that will let you out-speed all forms of Toxicroak, which can be a bit of a problem assuming that Garchomp is dead or even around 60% health, since it will then die to +2 Sucker Punch. I also completely agree with Hidden Power Electric on Keldeo, since Gyarados can be a huge problem for this team if it gets to +1. Also, as you mentioned in your post, you should consider Surf over HP Fire. You already have plenty of ways to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn, and in the rain, they both easily survive HP Fire anyway. Surf, on the other hand, can hit Heatran that try to wall offensive Latias sets, and also get about a 50% chance to 2HKOBanded Tyranitar if you hit them on the switch after Stealth rock or with a little prior damage (shouldn't be too hard since Landorus and Garchomp force Tyranitar to switch). Also, your team really struggles against Offensive Starmie. Have you considered using Scarf Scizor over your Banded set? Scarf Scizor would be able to grab momentum with an extremely fast U-Turn, and can help patch up the Starmie weakness. obviously it's just a suggestion since the power will definitely be missed, but Scarf Scizor seems to fit your team better. Plus, Scarf Scizor really does always shoot first ;)

Hope I was able to help, good luck with the team!

Sets

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
EVs: 220 HP / 68 Def / 220 Spd

HP Ice / Surf ----> HP Electric / Icy Wind

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate, Halcyon of Light!

I'll try Scarf Scizor, though I'm not entirely sure of it since having U-turn users that are too fast could make it harder to get Zoroark in. Still, it would make Starmie easier to handle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)