Tournament DCL I - Commencement

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Artwork coming soon™️
Hosted by Nyx & Theia
Welcome everyone to the Draft League subforum's inaugural team tour, Draft Champions League! This tour will consist of 8 teams who will play 8 games per week in a round robin style tour. The top 4 teams will then battle it out in a playoffs bracket to crown our first DCL champions and win a custom avatar for themselves.

When you sign up, you are not only committing to being active, but also to being a positive presence on any team you are drafted to.

Our 8 teams this year will consist of the following manager pairs:
:mew: Tjb145 (tjb145) + hjkhj (theodoremani) - A Mew Beginning :mew:
:zorua-hisui: MattyBrollic (mattybrollic) + TDK (twinkaton) - Bitter Barbies :zorua-hisui:
:dondozo: Hacker (doormoney) + burrg (burrger) - Forfeit Fishermen :dondozo:
:ceruledge: King L5 (kingl5) + Professor Shuckle (professorshuckle) - Infernal Armory :ceruledge:
:garchomp: Rissoux (rissoux) + Finchinator (finchinator) - Land Before Timer :garchomp:
:spectrier: Feyy (feyette) + vengabenga (vengabenga) - Low Horsepower :spectrier:
:sylveon: Sylvi (healingwish) + Garay oak (garay_oak) - Slaying Girlbosses :sylveon:
:ninetales: Almighty Rye (rye8116) + GeniusX (geniusx) - Zero Fox Given :ninetales:

The budget for the auction will be 110k and a minimum of 11 players must be drafted. All managers will be allowed the choice to self-buy themselves for 15k each prior to the start of the auction.

The 8 slots for this tour will be as follows:
:great-tusk: SV Paldea Draft :iron-treads:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tapu-koko: USUM Draft :landorus-therian:
:gardevoir-mega: ORAS Draft :keldeo:
:flutter-mane: SV VGC Draft :urshifu:

All of these formats will follow the most up to date legality for Pokémon as of the beginning of the drafting week (18th September onwards).
The following spoilers outlines the rules for the draft phase, battles, standings and midseason. None of these are finalised and may change up until 24 hours prior to the auction:
  • Teams will draft the following teams: 4x SV Paldea, 3x SS Galar, 2x USUM, 2x ORAS, 2x VGC.​
  • Each team will have up to 90 points with which to draft 8 Pokémon per draft. Costs are listed on each pool’s tab on the drafting spreadsheet.​
  • In ORAS/USUM, teams may only draft 1 Mega Evolution and the non-Mega variants of Pokémon may not Mega Evolve.​
  • If a Pokémon is picked by another team, it may not be picked.​
  • The timer will be 8h long for all rounds and active non-stop once it begins at 12pm GMT-4 on Monday . A team's timer will halve every time they are skipped. This halving will only apply to the pool they were skipped in.​
  • If a legal Pokémon is untiered, please contact a host and they will determine the Pokémon’s cost.​
  • Smogon’s Species Clause applies to all drafts.​
  • Played in the [Gen 9] Tera Preview Paldea Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
  • Once the draft is over, you must declare two Tera Captains. They must total no more than 25 points and they are the only Pokémon on your draft that may Terastallize. They may Terastallize into any type in any game.​
  • The following complex bans are in place:
    - No Pokémon may use the move Last Respects.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Leppa Berry.​
  • The following Pokémon may not be Tera-Captains:
    - Baxcalibur
    - Dragonite
    - Garchomp
    - Iron Bundle
    - Iron Valiant
    - Palafin
    - Regieleki
    - Roaring Moon
    - Tornadus-Therian
    - Zamazenta-Crowned​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Basculin
    - Oricorio
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee
    - Basculegion
    - Oinkologne
    - Maushold
    - Squawkabilly
    - Tatsugiri
    - Dudunsparce
    - Ogerpon​
  • Played in the [Gen 8] Galar Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Kyurem-Black cannot use the move Dragon Dance.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.
    - Cinderace may not have the ability Libero.​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee​
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are banned.​
  • At the end of the draft, teams must declare 2 Z-Captains for each draft, these are the only Pokémon that will be able to use Z-Moves on that draft.​
  • Played in the [Gen 7] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Mega Kangakhan may not use the move Seismic Toss.
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the abilitiy Protean nor Battle Bond.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally​
  • All omniboosting Z-moves are banned. This includes the Kommonium Z and subsequently, Clangorous Soulblaze.​
  • Played in the [Gen 6] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the ability Protean.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Soul Dew.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist​
  • Swagger Clause: A Pokémon may not have Swagger in its moveset.​
  • Played in the [Gen 9] 4v4 Doubles Draft tier or [Gen 9] Regulation Set D VGC tier on play.pokemonshowdown.com.
  • The ban list will follow that of Play Pokémon’s Regulation Set D, found here.
  • Of the clauses listed under Battle Rules, only Species and Endless Battle Clause apply.
  • Team Lock Clause: Players must use the same team for all games of a given week. To prevent the changing of teams between games in a single week, all games must be challenged before the first game begins.
  • Item Clause: Players cannot have two of the same item on the same team.
  • Matches must be played at level 50.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • The following clauses apply:
    - Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
    - Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokémon on their opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
    - Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not hold an item, use a move or possess an ability that can increase their evasion stat.
    - OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
    - Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody.
    - Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
    - Baton Pass Clause: A Pokemon may have Baton Pass in its moveset but may only dry-pass, nothing may be intentionally passed via Baton Pass, including stat boosts, Substitutes, and move effects, besides the Pokemon itself.​
  • Any items unreleased in SV/SS/USUM/ORAS are banned.​
  • Replays must be posted to the week's thread.​
  • This tour will operate on a points based standings. Teams will gain 2 points for a week win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. The more points a team has, the higher they are on the standings. The secondary metric will be battle differential (number of battles won/lost).
  • Tiebreakers will only occur at the end of the regular season, if two or more teams are tied in both points and battle differential. Ties that do not affect playoff qualification but do impact playoffs seeding will be decided via the two teams' h2h results.
  • Between weeks 3 and 4, teams will be given a week off to make transactions to their drafts. This is the only point in the season during which transactions are legal.
  • Teams will be allowed the following number of transactions:
    - 10x SV Paldea
    - 8x SS Galar
    - 5x USUM
    - 5x ORAS
    - 5x SV VGC
  • These transactions are shared across all of a team’s drafts within a format.
  • At the end of the midseason, all drafts must abide by the original rules.
  • No players may be dropped, barring players removed from the tour by the hosts. These may be replaced immediately.
  • No players may be picked up post-midseason unless a team drops below the 11 player minimum.

We will be adapting rules from this thread for the majority of our decisions. Please read them and familiarise yourself with them.

Feel free to use this for, well, anything DCL related that doesn't fit elsewhere.​

Last edited:

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
1693689610364.png

morning. i will not be doing tryouts but you can message me on discord as doormoney if you wish. message me stuff like why pick you instead of others, what your accomplishments are, or you could even message me replays if you really want but realistically i am not watching every single replay i am given. if i have any further questions i may reply to you.

cat pictures are greatly appreciated, please message _zooch_ on discord any cat pictures you have. gl everyone !!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I heard smogon team tours tend to do their auctions on showdown and not on discord. I like to do a drinking game for the auctions, but the game I’ve come up with mostly uses discord reactions and the basis for my drinking. Obviously that’s not going to work on showdown, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or even better, if there’s already an established smogon auction drinking game. Thank you!

Hi guys! I heard smogon team tours tend to do their auctions on showdown and not on discord. I like to do a drinking game for the auctions, but the game I’ve come up with mostly uses discord reactions and the basis for my drinking. Obviously that’s not going to work on showdown, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or even better, if there’s already an established smogon auction drinking game. Thank you!
every overpay u drink

hello friends AND kachurin

this is a list of players you shouldn't pick - you just should not pick these people. there is no reasoning to not pick any of these people unless i feel necesary. i will NOT elaborate on any of these any more than what i post here. -co written by Hacker

craig - new to draft
zooch - weakness policy contrary serperior mocks
vinithewini - rat
slickpanther - hey
marshy - "Dodged my draco" - Hacker
troweprice - lc player, other reasons.
charmdi - genuine skill issue
gypsy king - washed
hacker - above
drifting - ask hacker idk
pikachuzappyzap - yard barraskewda
gorex (fake)
kachurin - lol.
lady writer - exhibit A
Shade - lol

i hope this helps out my fellow managers, and i am looking forward to a super competitive tournament (without kachurin). GOODBYE

Tjb145

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
Hey guys, what's up? My dumbass had a logo ready about a week ago (shoutouts Obi you legend) however I completely forgot to share due to being busy as hell (am currently on holiday ftr). Without further ado, here is the logo for A Mew Beginning.
t3n9m9s6.png

Myself and Theo will not be hosting tryouts, however we are open and available (sort of, me more than him) to talk if you have any questions/have an interest in being a part of our organisation. I wish all applicants the very best of luck with the auction taking place in a couple weeks time and I hope you all enjoy the event!

Some questions. when is it going to start? How does the auctions and draft work?
The auction will take place on Sunday the 17th of September at 10am UTC-4, with the draft taking place over the next week, and games/matchups being posted sometime after that completes.

The auction will take place in a room on Pokemon Showdown, where managers will take turns nominating a player to be auctioned, then bidding on those players which starts at 3k. Manager budgets start at 110k, though some have self-purchased for 15k per manager, so their starting budget for the auction is lower.

Drafts will work the same as they have in any other tour, though I am unsure how draft orders will be decided.

You can check for any updates/decisions in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)