CB Froslass?

Alright, looking through the Froslass analysis, I noticed that it lacks a Choice Band set. Froslass's Attack =Sp.Atk, and it has a CSpecs set, so without further ado, I present CBlass.

Froslass
@Choice Band
Jolly
Ice Fang
Wake-Up Slap
Crunch
Headbutt

EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk

With CB she reaches an Attack stat of 388, which is pretty hard to ignore. Ice Fang gets STAB, obviously, coupled with that chance to flinch which goes nicely with her speed. Lacks in power, but can still freeze and flinch. Wake-Up Slap is a good slap in the face (no pun intended) for Rest users. Snorlax goes to sleep to regain health, only to face a 120-power Fighting move in his face. Crunch is only here because Froslass lacks good physical ghost STAB (only phys. ghost stab is Astonish). Also for the chance to reduce defense. Headbutt is here for a nice flinch chance.

So what do you guys make of this?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
She's fast enough to use it, I guess. Wake-Up Slap is overspecialized, but not a bad move. Ice Fang's not too strong, same for Crunch and Headbutt.

She has a CSPecs set because she has better special attacks by a hundred miles.

I'm just going to be outright mean because this is getting ridiculous.

CHOICE ITEM + ANYTHING IS NOT NEW. IT IS NOT SPECIAL. IT IS GENERIC.

Of the viable physical options Froslass is capable of you could've at least thrown in T-Wave for paraflinch. Either way with the coverage and overall power it gets on the physical side you're stretching yourself.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I could see it working on some environments, but Froslass isn't allowed in NU, I'm afraid. The strongest attack here is 97.5, and coming from a forgettable (for a choice band) 388 attack stat, he's not gonna be causing much damage. Choice Specs is soooo much better.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm just going to be outright mean because this is getting ridiculous.

CHOICE ITEM + ANYTHING IS NOT NEW. IT IS NOT SPECIAL. IT IS GENERIC.

Of the viable physical options Froslass is capable of you could've at least thrown in T-Wave for paraflinch. Either way with the coverage and overall power it gets on the physical side you're stretching yourself.
I agree with this. And also Froslass' physical movepool is rather weak with a not exceptional physical attack stat. I doubt that even Wake Up Slap can 2HKO Blissey. It can surprise a Weavile and Tyranitar...and that's pretty much it (Wake Up Slap doesn't even OHKO Tar)

Lol.

But yea, although it may be a surprise to the opponent at first, they'll then laugh at you and OHKO Froslass. Generally the point with surprise moveset pokemon is that they can OHKO of 2HKO their opposite main stat wall counterparts. Froslass would have a very hard time with this, and Froslass can do so much more.

This isn't that great. As stated, you could just toss a Choice Band on any random Pokemon and use the four best moves that its physical movepool provides. And in any case, Choice Specs is alot better due to Frosslass' special movepool consisting of mainly higher BP STAB'd moves.

Choice Specs is better on Froslass. This is how I would do it.

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Timid, Snow Cloak
6 HP / 252 Spd. /252 SA

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Grass)

- HP Grass for the likes of Swampert.

Choice Specs is better on Froslass. This is how I would do it.

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Timid, Snow Cloak
6 HP / 252 Spd. /252 SA

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Grass)

- HP Grass for the likes of Swampert.
I don't really think Froslass needs HP Grass tbh. Swampert takes a huge amount of damage from Specs Ice Beam, if not 2HKO'd. HP Fighting is far more useful for Ttar/Weavile, who are more likely to try and switch in on an ineffective attack then Pursuit you on the switch or while you continue to do little damage.

Of course Choice Specs is better on Froslass, that is one of the sets already mentioned.

With CB she reaches an Attack stat of 388, which is pretty hard to ignore.
On something that either has that without a Choice Band or at least has a physical movepool, yes. On something that only has ~260 without Choice Band and a lack of really powerful physical moves, that is...pretty easy to ignore!

No, he is saying that since Froslass does not have ANY good physical Ghost STAB, he's giving her Crunch. The moves have similar coverage.

4HKO against a Blissey is nothing impressive actually. (Although Wake-Up Slap may hit Bliss a bit harder though...)

She has a good attack stat compared to her special attack, but it's the physical movepool that's hurting the set here.

It seems looking on some kind of Pokedex is really out of question when you're about to make statements about a Pokemon's base stats.

Original Post said:
Froslass's Attack =Sp.Atk
spiderweb said:
Ive look to hes stat not so impressive 250 in Max SpAtk and atk are under.
metroidmania said:
She has a good attack stat compared to her special attack, but it's the physical movepool that's hurting the set here.
Rudoku said:
Froslass has base 70 attack to her base 80 special attack.
Use it

Serebii.net said:
Froslass' Atk: 80
Froslass' SpA: 80

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My question is, is this:

WHERE THE HELL IS ICE SHARD!?!

Seriously, he learns it you know, and it can still do something, for that matter. It's not like Headbutt is doing anything really.

Anyways, I've thought of something similair to this, but the main problem is, is that it's not hitting things too hard at all. It can catch a suprise, but that's basically it. Better off with the Choice Specs or Choice Scarf movesets.

If you could do some damage calculations, it would tell if this set could work in reality or not, but I'm kind of guessing that it's not Froslass' strongest point of way to attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)