Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
thunderstone said:
I've been away from the competitive metagame for a few months now and I'm struggling to get back into it. Can anyone recommend some specifically relevant RMTs or articles that will help bring me back to speed?
Here is a list of some of the best RMT's for the current metagame. Study them up a bit to get an idea of the meta. However, with Excadrill and Thundurus being banned, teams are tipping towards the stall end of the spectrum. Practice around on PO a bit to get a feel of how the game works nowadays.

Why is 'bulky water' a thing?
You'd think steel or ghost or blissey would be better suited for a 'bulky' role.

There are a lot of Water-type pokemon with great defenses and HP, and almost no team should go without one. You've got things like Vaporeon, Jellicent, Quagsire, Milotic, and a lot more. Since there are so many, the phrase "Bulky Water" became commonplace.

PID?

Hey everyone. I'm fairly familiar with the RNG manipulator program, and I've used it successfully to catch perfect IV pokemon in the wild in my Black version. I'm having trouble breeding (which I've heard is easier...) because I can't figure out what is / where to find my PID, and I don't know where to input in into my RNG program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've ready pretty much everything the Smogon walk through has to say about it, but I'm still struggling with this. Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone. I'm fairly familiar with the RNG manipulator program, and I've used it successfully to catch perfect IV pokemon in the wild in my Black version. I'm having trouble breeding (which I've heard is easier...) because I can't figure out what is / where to find my PID, and I don't know where to input in into my RNG program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've ready pretty much everything the Smogon walk through has to say about it, but I'm still struggling with this. Thanks everyone!

here and here

You can ignore everything in the second video that pertains to searching and just use the shiny egg tab. If you want the Pokemon non-shiny use the wrong ID/SID. I do that because I'm too lazy to check every seed for a frame with the necessary inheritance.

If you have more RNGing questions ask them in the 5th Gen RNG Help Thread.

thank you very much. i noticed he copy and pasted a pid seed from an excell spread sheet.....how do I find this seed? I'm not sure why im confused about this still, lol

i noticed he copy and pasted a pid seed from an excell spread sheet.....how do I find this seed?
The first video? Find your own seed by searching with Reporter. You can copy seeds by right clicking and choosing to copy to clipboard. You can also choose to export your seeds to CSV (excel file) if you plan on reusing them.

what actually is RNG manipulation? what does it stand for?
"RNG" stands for "random number generator." Things in the games like IVs, natures, and species of Pokémon you run into are determined by random number generators. However, it is impossible to program a computer (or game, in this case) to generate a truly RANDOM number (for example, you can have a computer perform a mathematical operation on the milliseconds portion of the current system time, and the result will appear random), so "pseudorandom" is actually a more accurate term than "random." The experts here have discovered how the RNG works; it is largely dependent on the date and time of the DS when the game is loaded. Subsequently, you can get just about anything you want on a Pokémon (IVs, nature, gender, ability, shininess, species) by changing your DS's clock/calendar and performing certain actions in the game before triggering the encounter.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You are both incorrect, as I've already pointed out in my warstory. Every last site I've gone to (except Serebii, which is well known for being unreliable and its hard to tell whether it says it says that it stays stagnant or implies it keeps degrading).

In Gen IV, protect had an inaccuracy cap of 12.5%. The change to Gen V has actually removed that cap, so consecutive protects are less likely to work than ever.

As for a good damage calculator for B/W, the one in this thread is excellent.

EDIT: For clarification, just go to this Bulbapedia page; it explains it in the easiest to understand way of all the sites I've visited:
In our own research threads and from the creator of Poke-lab (who wanted perfection to a way in which it was an obsession) begs to disagree. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly; which there is a chance of, Smogon's policy on protect is 1 x .5 x .5 x .5...

I have recently been battling on the PO( BW OU), and have come across a great many Speed Boost Blaziken. I thought that it was banned from OU. Have I missed some new development or something?? I really need to know because my team was not made with a counter for it.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have recently been battling on the PO( BW OU), and have come across a great many Speed Boost Blaziken. I thought that it was banned from OU. Have I missed some new development or something?? I really need to know because my team was not made with a counter for it.

I believe PO and smogon tiers are different ie: dw chandelure is ou here but uber there.

I'm currently testing a Sub SD Life Orb Terrakion and am curious about the most beneficial HP number.

I only have two - a Terrakion with 324 hp and a Terrakion with 319. I'm tempted to go with 319 as not only is it a life orb number but odd enough for the max amount of subs if required in tandem with life orb for that 'final shot' so to speak.

Is 319 the most efficient or am I mistaken, as I am only going off what I've been taught and am not sure if I'm incorrect, hence my asking.

Thank you.

I'm currently testing a Sub SD Life Orb Terrakion and am curious about the most beneficial HP number.

I only have two - a Terrakion with 324 hp and a Terrakion with 319. I'm tempted to go with 319 as not only is it a life orb number but odd enough for the max amount of subs if required in tandem with life orb for that 'final shot' so to speak.

Is 319 the most efficient or am I mistaken, as I am only going off what I've been taught and am not sure if I'm incorrect, hence my asking.

Thank you.
A Substitute + LO set usually isn't on any analysis for good reason:
you'll kill yourself very quick.
And why would you run a SubSD set anyway?
If it's for the blocking of status, you're better off using the Double Dancer set as it lets you set up according to your opponent's team, thus removing the need of a Sub. Feel free to try it out, though, but Leftovers should probably be used instead to prevent you from KOing yourself.

Does anyone know where to find Gen IV information about the Battle Tower (of any 4th Gen game) and its Multi Battle Rooms? What I need to find is a list of the Pokemon that the NPC partners (Riley, Marley, Buck, etc.) use, so that I'm not playing guess-and-check and end up with terrible partner Pokemon. I'm trying to get the last of my Battle Tower ribbons, and I'd appreciate any help or being pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)