Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the point of the tier lists is to provide a basis of what is common and you should always be prepared for, along with being the preliminary banlist for the tier below.

Hello all! I am a returning member from fourth gen who has taken a long break from the pokemon community. I have come back with a new account and I am ready to do some learning about how to play this new gen. Is there any particular place where I can go to really get a feel of what the current meta is in pokemon? What is good and what isn't? Etc...

I am trying to get back into it, but you guys have so much information its hard to find out where I should start.

Hello all! I am a returning member from fourth gen who has taken a long break from the pokemon community. I have come back with a new account and I am ready to do some learning about how to play this new gen. Is there any particular place where I can go to really get a feel of what the current meta is in pokemon? What is good and what isn't? Etc...

I am trying to get back into it, but you guys have so much information its hard to find out where I should start.
Hey man that isn't something that easy to answer in a single question. However, that is something that B101 is meant for! You can sign up for a tutor when the next round starts and hopefully you'll get one! Also, you can go onto Smogon's premiere irc channel #dreamworld. Anyone there will be happy to answer your questions about the metagame. You can also lurk a lot and read some of the good RMTs (preferably the ones with high ladder peaks associated with them) in order to get a feel for the metagame.

Good luck and welcome back to Smogon!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
roserade extrasensory vs 252/0 tentacruel 146 - 172 (40.11% - 47.25%) doesn't 2hko most of the time even with stealth rock

Without access to Body Slam (a 3rd-gen-only move), is the Choice Scarf set most likely a better use for a Jolly Jirachi than the Substitute + Paralysis set?
scarf is better for jolly rachi while careful rachi does most of the spdef flinch hax and bodyslam.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I hate being a retard but is Unaware Clefable out?

According to this topic it isn't out but I faced one on the PO Server (Wifi OU) and people are telling me he's legal.

Something tells me that I missed something big >_>

Are there a few guidelines for good Battle Subway teams? I know, that there is a VGC section, the basics are a bit different from the Standart Wifi.

Besides, is there a section or a guide for Battle Frontier, ergo for the 4th gen? Stark Mountain appears a bit unorganized to me.

oh shit oh shit
i just learned that there's a quick tourney in this one tech street in Seoul tonight and it's a very similar rule set with smogon. I'm trying to decide on a team based around either speed boost blaziken or garchomp. Which should I go for? These guys use things that are VERY similar to smogon OU meta stuff but without manaphy (but with skymin...weird as hell but ok).

oh shit oh shit
i just learned that there's a quick tourney in this one tech street in Seoul tonight and it's a very similar rule set with smogon. I'm trying to decide on a team based around either speed boost blaziken or garchomp. Which should I go for? These guys use things that are VERY similar to smogon OU meta stuff but without manaphy (but with skymin...weird as hell but ok).
don't blaziken and garchomp make a really good combo?
also, i'd assume speed boost blaziken with or without weather is a better sweeper in general than SDGarchomp (with sand storm I guess). how about you go SD Blaziken + ScarfGarchomp? I don't know if SDBlaziken + SDGarchomp is a good combo or not. Never played blaziken era since I hated the early BW but I'd assume those are some nice combos...you should get some pro tips mengg

Are there a few guidelines for good Battle Subway teams? I know, that there is a VGC section, the basics are a bit different from the Standart Wifi.

Besides, is there a section or a guide for Battle Frontier, ergo for the 4th gen? Stark Mountain appears a bit unorganized to me.
I'd say this discussion is your best bet for Subway advice. I seem to recall reading an article about the battle frontier in the past, but I can't seem to find it.

don't blaziken and garchomp make a really good combo?
also, i'd assume speed boost blaziken with or without weather is a better sweeper in general than SDGarchomp (with sand storm I guess). how about you go SD Blaziken + ScarfGarchomp? I don't know if SDBlaziken + SDGarchomp is a good combo or not. Never played blaziken era since I hated the early BW but I'd assume those are some nice combos...you should get some pro tips mengg
hmm...im not sure if they'd make good partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)