Arcana 23: OU Trick Room (Top 8.7%)

Note: All Pokemon have their Speed IVs set to 0 unless otherwise stated.

Lead
"Chaos, innocence, madness, freedom...the Fool represents everything and nothing..." Arcana Zero.

Xatu@ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
252 HP/ 178 Def/ 78 SpDef
Nature: Relaxed
-Trick Room
-Night Shade
-Roost
-Light Screen

I got this set from SOMALIA, whom I am very grateful to. Xatu is a seriously under-appreciated Pokemon, and worthy of the title Fool, as it causes much chaos on set-up leads. The previous Dusclops lead was very susceptible to status and entry hazards, but Xatu negates all of this with Magic Bounce. I switch on stuff like Ferrothorn and Smeargle and watch as their precious moves reflect back to their side of the field. Can you guys say almost guaranteed Trick Room? This guy can. Magic Bounce prevents Taunt, which is very, very helpful. The EV spread allows Xatu to have both his defences over or close to. Light Screen compensates for his lackluster Special Defense, doubling it. Roost is precious reliable recovery. Night Shade enables Xatu to 4HKO walls like Forretress or any non-Normal Pokemon under 400 HP, provided that it is incapacitated. Typing lets it wall Calm Mind Reunclius, who mostly packs Psychic/Psyshock and Focus Blast, both of which Xatu is resistant too.

Offense
"Through Strength one can withstand suffering and torment..." Arcana Eleven.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
232 HP/ 252 Atk/ 12 Def/ 12 SpDef
Nature: Adamant
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Return
-Waterfall

Marowak is badass with Thick Club, I won't deny that. But the thing is, it's way too frail to switch in. That's why I swapped him for this little guy. When it comes to beating things to death with physical attacks, Azumarill does not fuck around. He is of the Strength Arcana, and well deserves that position. Reaching over 600 Attack with Choice Band and Huge Power, this guy is the one of the two main physical attackers the team. His absurd power and Aqua Jet enables with to KO frail threats, such as Infernape, Darmanitan and Espeon, and revenge kill Chandelure and Mienshao. Return is nice coverage. Superpower tears chunks off Normals, Rocks, Steels and Darks such as Bouffulant and Ferrothorn. Trick Room lets him use Waterfall instead of Aqua Jet.

Azumarill has his speed IVs maxed out to stop himself being outspeeded by walls.

"The Emperor is a true leader...only courage in the face of doubt can lead to an answer..." Arcana Four

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
120 HP/ 252 Atk/ 130 SpDef
Nature: Brave
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Payback

Okay, this guy is simply amazing. How did I not use him before? I can't believe I actually thought Bronzong was a better physical attacker than this guy. Conkeldurr is worthy of Emperor, as he has the highest Attack of all the Fighting-types so far.

Moving on. This is the standard Bulk Up Conkeldurr. Starting off with 416 attack, Mach Punch enables him to crush frail attackers. Bulk Up boosts his power and defenses even more. Under Trick Room, Drain Punch and Payback is used for maximum coverage and a way of recovering lost HP. Conkeldurr also acts like a status absorber of sorts, unafraid of poison and burn due to Guts. A Brave nature is used to utilize Payback outside Trick Room to its full potential.

"Such misfortune from so much pride...truly like a Tower collapsing to the ground..." Arcana Sixteen.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpAtk
Nature: Quiet
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Trick Room

I both love and hate this guy. He is a true Tower, causing misfortune everywhere with his offenses and ability. The Calm Mind variants give me absolute trouble for the team, yet he is fantastically useful as a special attacker who is unafraid of entry hazards and status. Magic Guard needs no explanation. The three attacks give perfect coverage and one powerful STAB. Psychic kills Fightings. Shadow Ball helps to murder other Reuniclus and Ghosts. Focus Blasts prevents this guy from being Tyranitar bait and give him a good option against Ferrothorn. This guy acts as a last-resort Trick Roomer, after all my other walls have died. The EVs and nature give him 58 speed, enough to outspeed everything except other Reuniclus and Ferrothorn in Trick Room.

"It requires great courage to look at oneself and face your other half..." Arcana Nine.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpAtk
Nature: Quiet
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Acid Spray
-Hidden Power Ice

Eelektross is my second special attacker. He is EV'd exactly like Reuniclus, but their roles are different. He can switch in on Ground moves under Trick Room and murder the opponent with his three special attacks. He is one of my two dragon slayers, destroying Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite and Flygon under Trick Room. He is also my answer to Ferrothorn with Flamethrower. Acid Spray is there to force switches, as it cuts the opponent's SpDef in half, essentially doubling Eelektross's SpAtk. Thunderbolt is a nice STAB move.

Eelektross has 30 Speed IV's to outspeed negative nature Blissey and other slower walls and attackers outside of Trick Room. It also lets him keep 70 BP Hidden Power Ice.

Defense

"Creativity, inspiration, trickery and fear...those of the Moon are indeed mad." Arcana Eighteen.

Porygon2 @ Evolite
Ability: Trace
252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef
Nature: Bold
-Trick Room
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

When I first tested this duck, I didn't think he would be useful. Boy was I wrong. The Moon represents him accurately, as Trick Room is part of his set and his mere presence in Japan caused seizures for children all over the country. With 374/408/387 defenses, this tank robot manages to sponge off attacks from all directions. Boltbeam is used for the most coverage when Taunted and Ice Beam can reliably OHKO Gliscor and anything else that is 4x weak to ice, as long as it isn't in Sandstorm (otherwise it's a 2HKO). Thunderbolt takes on Skarmory. Porygon2 is my second Trick Roomer, taking on what Dusclops can't (such as Ghost and Dark attacks). Recover lets him heal reliably.

Trace is a fantastic ability, allowing it to copy Gliscor's Poison Heal, Reuniclus's Magic Guard and Jellicent's Water Absorb. It also allows him to wall Jolteon.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading my first even RMT. Raters, feel free to do your job! If you want to critique on my grammar, spelling and writing skills, go ahead and do so. I am more than willing to accept any help.

Rejected Stuff: Suicide Lead Azelf, Uxie Lead, Cressilia Lead, Thick Club Marowak, Swords Dance Scizor, Offensive Trick Room Bronzong, Mixed Eelektross, Lead Evolite Dusclops

Peak Ranking: 944/9616 (In the Top 8.7%) on Smogon

Yo, um nice team by a first glance.

You don't have too much problems however with Voltos running around and a big number of Pokemon carrying Taunt, it is not so easy to set up Trick Room, not to mention that the opponent would usually try to get down as many entry hazards after seeing your team format in team preview.

Dusclops is the loose end of this team, it is set up fodder for just too many Pokemon and it doesn't even syngerize well with the rest of the team.

I suggest using an Xatu simply because it gives you a second Pokemon to take Ground-type attacks as well as it can switch in on foes trying to set up entry hazards or status and bounc eit back to them with its ability, Magic Bounce.

Xatu@Leftovers
-Trick Room
-Night Shade
-Reflect / Light Screen / U-turn
-Roost
252 HP / 178 Def / 78 SpD Relaxed

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the set, SOMALIA. I'll give it a spin and if it works, I'll edit the OP with it.

If anyone else would like to comment and suggest some changes, feel free to do so.

I think that i've faced you in a battle. This team is damn good. I hate to death the Eelektross set asd

As someone hoping to build a good TR team soon myself, this team is pretty interesting to me. The idea of a Xatu to lead is fantastic, I was thinking of a suicide Espeon with a slow BP (in TR) to get things in but Xatu seems like it'd work much better. I also agree on no Marowak, but mostly because his attacks have too many thing immune to them, meaning they can just switch around to stall out TR too easily.

As far as advice goes, there isn't too much really. Primarily consider Sub>Acid Spray on Eel. Since you have hazards, forcing switches is far from what you want to do, as it'll let the enemy take your hits better if they predict and will use up TR turns. Putting up a Sub forces them to attack you or be still on the back foot when TR goes down, as well as letting you see their switchin and safely fire away at it. The main issue is if something breaks your sub on the last turn of TR, but if you can get past that then it should serve you quite nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)