Anything Goes Resources

"BIGGER THREAT TO MY TEAM"

Now I understand. Just because your team completely demolishes a Pokemon does not mean it isn't viable. As most people know, Zekrom is my favourite Pokemon within the tier, and if the tier analysis was written to my team as you seem to be doing Lugia and Pogre, to name a few of the viable mons Zekrom crushes, would be at D rank at best and Zekrom would be at S+++. However, the tier is not written to my team, for good reason, just like it isn't written to your team. It is written to the majority, and if you want a mon promoted/demoted you should address your pitch to the majority of teams while assessing whether or not your promotion/demotion is necessary.
Yeah, I'll list up the reasons later.

I still say that Ditto deserves to be B, as even though it requires a lot of team support, it greatly limits your opponents options, and can sweep mid to late game. It can be sent as a lead to scout for your opponents movesets, it is one of the best revenge killers in AG, and it can copy boosts like Swords Dance on Arceus, or Geomancy on Xerneas. Just by the presence of Ditto, your opponents will likely feel discouraged from using set up moves, which could win you games. I can't think of too many instances where Ditto is useless, in a hyper offensive metagame like this. (AG is hyper offensive, right? Or am I doing it wrong?)

Yeah, I'll list up the reasons later.

I still say that Ditto deserves to be B, as even though it requires a lot of team support, it greatly limits your opponents options, and can sweep mid to late game. It can be sent as a lead to scout for your opponents movesets, it is one of the best revenge killers in AG, and it can copy boosts like Swords Dance on Arceus, or Geomancy on Xerneas. Just by the presence of Ditto, your opponents will likely feel discouraged from using set up moves, which could win you games. I can't think of too many instances where Ditto is useless, in a hyper offensive metagame like this. (AG is hyper offensive, right? Or am I doing it wrong?)
I definitely agree with Ditto being promoted, to B at this stage but I think that it could be even higher. Just being able to act as a deterrent is a massive advantage, and the further versatility it provides by scouting is great. Pretty much just echoing hexandwhy's post here.

Can I ask why the D rank is so full? imo create an E rank because there is a big difference between some D rank mons such as Chaney and amoonguss when you compare them to garbage such as tentacruel, whimsicott or liepard.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd argue Whimsicott is better than Chansey and potentially Amoonguss as well, it is incredibly annoying and can run multiple sets. Liepard still needs to be unranked imo. The D rank in general is full of all of the mons that are usable in AG. The point is that anything not in D or higher should not be used on any conceivable team really. In most tiers theres x Pokemon tiered into it so the VR only needs to have the "better" mons, but in AG we can use whatever we want so we essentially just created the pool of mons you should ever expect to see on any team in the VR.

I've supported Ditto rising for a long time.

Idr who said it, but yeah, sets should currently be posted on the ladder thread, this thread is strictly for things like noms.
On that topic: The Immortal have you considered potentially merging the ladder thread with this? I feel like it is rather inactive anyways, and siphoning everybody to this thread seems like a much more productive way to have discussions. It is also more simplistic.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Id like to propose raising Sableye base from C- to C base or C+.

Sableye has many advantages that should prevent it from being so low on ranking. The most obvious would be prankster. Prankster combined with moves such as taunt (which can bypass substitute), substitute, and more allow sableye to severely hinder strategies such as BP chains and matters such as Dark Void and (especially) smeargle. Its wide support move pool and prankster give it many more options, including magic coat (can bounce back other taunts, as well as even further hinder sleep leads), will o wisp (of course, to weaken physical attackers and deal passive damage), toxic (to deal passive damage and hinder walls such as lugia).

It does face competition from two other prankster pokemon, klefki and whimsicott. However, unlike both of them, sableye is the only one of the three to have either WoW or recover. It also has more niche moves, including knock off, feint attack (to deal with minimize drifblim and assuredly break sashes), trick, and confuse ray. Even counter, if you're so inclined. So give Sab a chance.

EDIT-Unlike Klefki, it doesnt even need to rely on hax

Id like to propose raising Sableye base from C- to C base or C+.

Sableye has many advantages that should prevent it from being so low on ranking. The most obvious would be prankster. Prankster combined with moves such as taunt (which can bypass substitute), substitute, and more allow sableye to severely hinder strategies such as BP chains and matters such as Dark Void and (especially) smeargle. Its wide support move pool and prankster give it many more options, including magic coat (can bounce back other taunts, as well as even further hinder sleep leads), will o wisp (of course, to weaken physical attackers and deal passive damage), toxic (to deal passive damage and hinder walls such as lugia).

It does face competition from two other prankster pokemon, klefki and whimsicott. However, unlike both of them, sableye is the only one of the three to have either WoW or recover. It also has more niche moves, including knock off, feint attack (to deal with minimize drifblim and assuredly break sashes), trick, and confuse ray. Even counter, if you're so inclined. So give Sab a chance.

EDIT-Unlike Klefki, it doesnt even need to rely on hax
Agreed, but you forgot to mention another important factor. E-speed immunity. If the opposing Arceus or Rayquaza lost their Lum Berry, and currently has some boosts under its belt, you could create a situation where your opponent wants to use E-speed, and switch Sableye in. Once it's in, you can Will-O-Wisp, and easily prevent the possible sweep. It also has STAB Foul Play, which helps. Still, it's pretty much a set up bait against Xern, as long as Sableye doesn't run Taunt. The ability to check both Arceus and Ray is pretty big, considering they are both S tiers. It can also stop Klefki from setting up too, so it can technically check three S tiers. But is C- to C+ a big deal?

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So happy I finally found the AG thread! Woo! I'm going to give a team of mine that, with some updates from time to time, brought me to around 1600 on ladder. Feel free to use this, make changes, make comments, etc.

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Poison Jab

Yep, its Scolipede, and yep, I'm running a 1 mon BP team. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Rayquaza Mega, and more wreak havoc on their own, but with boosted speed they are nearly unstoppable and have even more options than before. Lum berry is so you can comfortably run sub on Dark Rai and not worry about having to protect and getting nasty plotted , sub BP protect and Speed Boost are self explanatory, and poison jab is there to deal damage and get the poisoning 30% of the time. Max invest into attack to do maximum damage to pokes like xerneas (whom is 2HKOd if it doesnt have bulk investment, and if you use sub and protect consecutively against a xern lead you will be able to outspeed, get 2 hits, and kill).

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Delta Stream (Air Lock before Mega Evolution)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Ascent
-Extreme Speed

I mean, 180 base attack is a lot, and LO recoil really wears you down. Because of that I choose an item that either heals status or heals you. Considering I'm running Scoli and 252+ speed, I go for the SD here instead of DD to maximize power. Dragon Ascent is obligatory, ExtremeSpeed nails other pokes that could possibly use extreme speed on you (looking at you Arceus and other mega rayquaza), and Earthquake has strong coverage with Dragon Ascent.

Arceus @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw
-Recover/Refresh/Earthquake/Magic Coat

Classic E-Killer Arceus here. Max attack and speed, Swords Dance for through-the-roof power, extreme speed for STAB and priority, shadow claw for ghostceus. The final option gives you a wide variety of "bet you didnt see that coming"s to screw up your opponent with (recover and refresh to shrug off injury and status, Earthquake for even more coverage, and Magic Coat to make those whirlwind WoW and sleep pokemon crap themselves).

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Precipice Blades/Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hone Claws/Swords Dance/Stealth Rock

The crown princess of Uber returns to desolate AG, especially with Scolipede boosts. The first three moves make for a generic max speed max attack powerful attacks set, but the fourth move is very variable. Want to watch your opponents quiver in fear when they realize EdgeBlades won't miss anymore and save their butts? Want to set your power over 9000? Or maybe even (gasp) support in the form of setting hazards? All up to you. Obviously, if you run Claws, use Blades.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Water Spout/Origin Pulse/Scald
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Finally, a special attacker! Modest nature is to hit PDon for max damage with Ice Beam (depending on what set they run, you have a real shot at the 2HKO with +1), Calm Mind is to increase both special attack and bulk, and thunder and ice beam are the Ogre's bread and butter coverage options. Water Spout has absurd power (especially when you have speed boosts, and you usually won't get hit first), but of course can weaken. Origin Pulses has consistent power, but its accuracy lacks. And scald has the least power, but isn't pathetically weak, has 100 accuracy, and of course can burn.
Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, and then some EVs elsewhere
Calm/Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute/Magic Coat
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

This may seem odd, but its always nice to have insurance against the typical gimmicks with a Poke that also has utility elsewhere. Taunt to obviously stop boosters and statusers etc., WoW to impair physical attackers and Toxic for walls, and recover to heal. Feel like playing safe and sane? Go for sub to stop all of that pesky status. Feel like you can out predict the world and also want to megaroast Klef and Whim? Magic Coat is the thing for you.

So happy I finally found the AG thread! Woo! I'm going to give a team of mine that, with some updates from time to time, brought me to around 1600 on ladder. Feel free to use this, make changes, make comments, etc.

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Poison Jab

Yep, its Scolipede, and yep, I'm running a 1 mon BP team. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Rayquaza Mega, and more wreak havoc on their own, but with boosted speed they are nearly unstoppable and have even more options than before. Lum berry is so you can comfortably run sub on Dark Rai and not worry about having to protect and getting nasty plotted , sub BP protect and Speed Boost are self explanatory, and poison jab is there to deal damage and get the poisoning 30% of the time. Max invest into attack to do maximum damage to pokes like xerneas (whom is 2HKOd if it doesnt have bulk investment, and if you use sub and protect consecutively against a xern lead you will be able to outspeed, get 2 hits, and kill).

Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Ascent
-Extreme Speed

I mean, 180 base attack is a lot, and LO recoil really wears you down. Because of that I choose an item that either heals status or heals you. Considering I'm running Scoli and 252+ speed, I go for the SD here instead of DD to maximize power. Dragon Ascent is obligatory, ExtremeSpeed nails other pokes that could possibly use extreme speed on you (looking at you Arceus and other mega rayquaza), and Earthquake has strong coverage with Dragon Ascent.

Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw

Classic E-Killer Arceus here. Max attack and speed, Swords Dance for through-the-roof power, extreme speed for STAB and priority, shadow claw for ghostceus. The final option gives you a wide variety of "bet you didnt see that coming"s to screw up your opponent with (recover and refresh to shrug off injury and status, Earthquake for even more coverage, and Magic Coat to make those whirlwind WoW and sleep pokemon crap themselves).

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge

The crown princess of Uber returns to desolate AG, especially with Scolipede boosts. The first three moves make for a generic max speed max attack powerful attacks set, but the fourth move is very variable. Want to watch your opponents quiver in fear when they realize EdgeBlades won't miss anymore and save their butts? Want to set your power over 9000? Or maybe even (gasp) support in the form of setting hazards? All up to you. Obviously, if you run Claws, use Blades.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Finally, a special attacker! Modest nature is to hit PDon for max damage with Ice Beam (depending on what set they run, you have a real shot at the 2HKO with +1), Calm Mind is to increase both special attack and bulk, and thunder and ice beam are the Ogre's bread and butter coverage options. Water Spout has absurd power (especially when you have speed boosts, and you usually won't get hit first), but of course can weaken. Origin Pulses has consistent power, but its accuracy lacks. And scald has the least power, but isn't pathetically weak, has 100 accuracy, and of course can burn.
Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm/Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute/Magic Coat
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

This may seem odd, but its always nice to have insurance against the typical gimmicks with a Poke that also has utility elsewhere. Taunt to obviously stop boosters and statusers etc., WoW to impair physical attackers and Toxic for walls, and recover to heal. Feel like playing safe and sane? Go for sub to stop all of that pesky status. Feel like you can out predict the world and also want to megaroast Klef and Whim? Magic Coat is the thing for you.
Those sets look fine, but maybe you might want to slash out Poison Jab for Swords Dance or Iron Defense. Maybe Groudon might want to be Adamant to increase damage, as speed won't matter after the Scollipede boosts.

Adeleine

I hope we can just write analyses here? Just let me know if I'm wrong!

Analysis: Drifblim

OVERVIEW

At first glance, Drifblim seems like an incredibly poor option for the AG metagame. This quirky PU resident has strong HP, but average attacking and speed coupled with abysmal defenses. However, it has a niche that makes it usable: It is the only Pokemon bar Smeargle that can Baton Pass Minimize (besides Drifloon, but that obviously is outclassed). Unfortunately there's no real reason to use it otherwise, unless you want to try a Flame Orb-Flare Boost-Trick set that will be quickly deflated, making it predictable and stoppable. However, despite this, it still maintains its niche as a MiniPasser.

SET
MiniPass
move 1: Minimize
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Tailwind/Shadow Ball/Clear Smog/Amnesia/Focus Energy
item: Focus Sash/Leftovers/Eject Button
ability: Aftermath/Unburden
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def or SpA / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Obviously, Minimize and Baton Pass is the crux of this set. Minimize gives the user a BP-transferrable +2 boost to evasion, making them much harder to hit. Baton Pass passes that boost onto the final recipient or another chain member. Substitute will protect Drifblim from attack or status as long as it is up, and if you can pass base 150 HP Substitutes onto a teammate, that is a great boon. The fourth option won't likely be used much, as the point of this set is to minimize and baton pass, but you have to put something there. Tailwind increases everybody's speed, and makes it easier for you to get your pass out after it is used. Shadow ball means you aren't complete taunt bait and won't struggle to death, and 90 SpA isn't horrible, but you probably should not be using it except in very rare situations. The same goes for clear smog, which can help against opposing passers and Scolipedes. Amnesia and Focus Energy are two other little trinkets you can pass, if you feel the desire.

Set Details
========
The set maximizes HP and Speed, as is logical for a support/baton pass Pokemon such as this one. 248 EVs in HP give you an odd number to make more Substitutes. Max speed and positive nature lets you outspend 252+ smeargle. Arceus forbid you actually are hit, Aftermath has a tiny bit of use. Focus sash allow you to survive one hit barring you don't come in on SR or something, and lefties heal you in case you need a pinch more for making another substitute. For an unusual option, Eject Button and Unburden makes you faster if you take an attack, which can be useful if you are trying to pass on a faster opponent (80 base speed can only do so much)

Usage Tips
========
Use it as part of a BP chain to pass (usually Minimize) boosts. Not a very multi-dimensional set here. Having a teammate accumulate defense boosts and ingrain first really does help; defense boosts allow it to be more OK if minimize doesnt work out for a turn, and ingrain deters phazing. Speed boosts also don't hurt, allowing you to get your Bps, minimizes, and substitutes off faster.

Team Options
========
The general Pokemon that work well on BP teams usually work well with Drifblim. Smeargle can BP Ingrain (as well as many other leads) and incapacitate a potential problem pokemon with Spore. Mr Mime is immune to Whirlwind Roar and Dragon Tail (by Soundproof and typing), so if you don't have ingrain up, he can prevent the chain from being phazed and lost. Keep in mind Circle Throw, although rare, still exists. Scolipede can bring speed and defense (by iron defense), two things very appreciated by a meager 44 defense and ok 80 speed. Magic Bounce Pokemon like Espeon and Diancie Mega can rebuff status, taunts, and some hazing.

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
There's no real other option if you want to MiniPass, unless you want to use the abysmal drifloon or waste your BP slot on Smeargle. You can choose not to have a mini passer on your team, and more than 80 Pokemon can BP Double Team, but Double Team is only half as effective as minimize. You can choose not to have an evasion booster at all; you may not have space, or don't want to deal with the innate luck that evasion requires. Of course, you can also choose to forgo the idea of a Baton Pass chain altogether.

Checks and Counters
===================
Sableye: Can Prankster Taunt you (meaning you can't boost or BP), hit with super effective STAB Feint Attack (which never misses), set up a free substitute, and recover any shadow ball damage. If you don't have clear smog, he can even set up a Calm Mind or 6.

Whimsicott: Gets both taunt and encore, which renders Drifblim and many other passers quite useless. It can also set up SubSeed.

General BP Checks: Many things that ruin BP in general apply here. These include aforementioned prankster pokemon, any other taunts that are fast enough, phazers, and Unaware Clefable. Special honors go to Arceus Steel for taking not much at all from Shadow Ball, being immune to clear smog, having Roar to phaze, Magic Coat to stop anything silly, the ability to set up Rocks, and Steel STAB to make Mr. Mime pay.

Adeleine

Those sets look fine, but maybe you might want to slash out Poison Jab for Swords Dance or Iron Defense. Maybe Groudon might want to be Adamant to increase damage, as speed won't matter after the Scollipede boosts.
I like poison jab to have the ability to damage stuff (especially xern), but you have a valid point. Max speed and jolly on groudon ensures he at least speed ties (and probably outspeeds) other groudon an other 90 speed Pokemon if he isn't boosted, and then being able to fire off murderous p blades/eqs/fire punches

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope we can just write analyses here? Just let me know if I'm wrong!
Analysis: Drifblim

OVERVIEW

At first glance, Drifblim seems like an incredibly poor option for the AG metagame. This quirky PU resident has strong HP, but average attacking and speed coupled with abysmal defenses. However, it has a niche that makes it usable: It is the only Pokemon bar Smeargle that can Baton Pass Minimize (besides Drifloon, but that obviously is outclassed). Unfortunately there's no real reason to use it otherwise, unless you want to try a Flame Orb-Flare Boost-Trick set that will be quickly deflated, making it predictable and stoppable. However, despite this, it still maintains its niche as a MiniPasser.

SET
MiniPass
move 1: Minimize
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Tailwind/Shadow Ball/Clear Smog/Amnesia/Focus Energy
item: Focus Sash/Leftovers/Eject Button
ability: Aftermath/Unburden
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def or SpA / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Obviously, Minimize and Baton Pass is the crux of this set. Minimize gives the user a BP-transferrable +2 boost to evasion, making them much harder to hit. Baton Pass passes that boost onto the final recipient or another chain member. Substitute will protect Drifblim from attack or status as long as it is up, and if you can pass base 150 HP Substitutes onto a teammate, that is a great boon. The fourth option won't likely be used much, as the point of this set is to minimize and baton pass, but you have to put something there. Tailwind increases everybody's speed, and makes it easier for you to get your pass out after it is used. Shadow ball means you aren't complete taunt bait and won't struggle to death, and 90 SpA isn't horrible, but you probably should not be using it except in very rare situations. The same goes for clear smog, which can help against opposing passers and Scolipedes. Amnesia and Focus Energy are two other little trinkets you can pass, if you feel the desire.

Set Details
========
The set maximizes HP and Speed, as is logical for a support/baton pass Pokemon such as this one. 248 EVs in HP give you an odd number to make more Substitutes. Max speed and positive nature lets you outspend 252+ smeargle. Arceus forbid you actually are hit, Aftermath has a tiny bit of use. Focus sash allow you to survive one hit barring you don't come in on SR or something, and lefties heal you in case you need a pinch more for making another substitute. For an unusual option, Eject Button and Unburden makes you faster if you take an attack, which can be useful if you are trying to pass on a faster opponent (80 base speed can only do so much)

Usage Tips
========
Use it as part of a BP chain to pass (usually Minimize) boosts. Not a very multi-dimensional set here. Having a teammate accumulate defense boosts and ingrain first really does help; defense boosts allow it to be more OK if minimize doesnt work out for a turn, and ingrain deters phazing. Speed boosts also don't hurt, allowing you to get your Bps, minimizes, and substitutes off faster.

Team Options
========
The general Pokemon that work well on BP teams usually work well with Drifblim. Smeargle can BP Ingrain (as well as many other leads) and incapacitate a potential problem pokemon with Spore. Mr Mime is immune to Whirlwind Roar and Dragon Tail (by Soundproof and typing), so if you don't have ingrain up, he can prevent the chain from being phazed and lost. Keep in mind Circle Throw, although rare, still exists. Scolipede can bring speed and defense (by iron defense), two things very appreciated by a meager 44 defense and ok 80 speed. Magic Bounce Pokemon like Espeon and Diancie Mega can rebuff status, taunts, and some hazing.

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
There's no real other option if you want to MiniPass, unless you want to use the abysmal drifloon or waste your BP slot on Smeargle. You can choose not to have a mini passer on your team, and more than 80 Pokemon can BP Double Team, but Double Team is only half as effective as minimize. You can choose not to have an evasion booster at all; you may not have space, or don't want to deal with the innate luck that evasion requires. Of course, you can also choose to forgo the idea of a Baton Pass chain altogether.

Checks and Counters
===================
Sableye: Can Prankster Taunt you (meaning you can't boost or BP), hit with super effective STAB Feint Attack (which never misses), set up a free substitute, and recover any shadow ball damage. If you don't have clear smog, he can even set up a Calm Mind or 6.

Whimsicott: Gets both taunt and encore, which renders Drifblim and many other passers quite useless. It can also set up SubSeed.

General BP Checks: Many things that ruin BP in general apply here. These include aforementioned prankster pokemon, any other taunts that are fast enough, phazers, and Unaware Clefable. Special honors go to Arceus Steel for taking not much at all from Shadow Ball, being immune to clear smog, having Roar to phaze, Magic Coat to stop anything silly, the ability to set up Rocks, and Steel STAB to make Mr. Mime pay.
Hi! I talked with Joshz who runs all the AG analysis stuff about this, and he cba to respond to you so I'm posting for him. First of all, to all people doing this you need to get them approved by Joshz and show them to him first. Otherwise, they clutter the thread and can have some really serious error that could be corrected before posting. It doesn't look too outwardly bad, but there are some issues here. That being said, I'm just going to QC this.

The whole overview has issues, it doesn't really go into the mon until the last few words, instead of talking about Drifblim, and mentions totally outclassed things like Flame Orb BP before its actual set. It doesn't go into Drifblim's actual niche in the metagame, which is the whole point of an overview. The whole thing needs rewriting. On the set there's no real reason to be running Unburden, especially since you can't actually pass unburden, so just deslash it, and the last slot on the moveset only needs to be Magic Coat, prevents phazing and in general has far more utility. That's what was decided in an AG convo w/some council members n shit. Leftovers should definitely be the only item, and especially remove eject button on a pokemon meant to baton pass boosts that really needs to be emphasized why would you switch yourself out when trying to baton pass boosts. Also in analyses, slang like "lefties", phrases like "as is logical" (needless fluff), and missing periods and other grammatical errors are never good. Also explain why Aftermath or whatever is good, don't just say "it's good". The usage tips are also just really informal and don't mention how you can only set up certain things. Oh and stop referring it to BP, it's baton pass and things like that should be spelled out because it's an analysis not a breakdown to a friend. Don't mention circle throw, it doesn't exist @_@, and in general fix how poorly written this is. Mention how in general it really needs to not be used outside of full BP. The whole OO needs to be "don't use anything else bc bad". You can condense sableye and whimsicott into "prankster users" because that's the important part, and then expand "general bp checks" into phazing, taunt, and unaware.

Sorry this was long and went through a lot of the stuff, but I was told to check it and I'm holding it to the same basic standards that you would an actual uploadable analysis, and this just really wasn't well written, which is why these things need to be approved.

Also regular sableye really isn't that good, Mega at least has the coveted magic bounce but regular sableye isn't bulky or strong or even that annoying to pretty much any team

JOIN THE MINITOUR NERDS http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes-minitour-signups-phase.3554966/

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Poison Jab

Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Ascent
-Extreme Speed

Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm/Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute/Magic Coat
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

If you're going to post your teams to get rated and such I recommend the main AG thread, as this thread isn't supposed to accommodate such posts. This thread is mainly for Viability Rankings, Sample teams, e.t.c. This is the thread I'm talking about: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes.3523229/
If you post it there, there is a larger chance people will rate it as the thread is designed for all general AG talk.

I'd argue Whimsicott is better than Chansey and potentially Amoonguss as well, it is incredibly annoying and can run multiple sets. Liepard still needs to be unranked imo. The D rank in general is full of all of the mons that are usable in AG. The point is that anything not in D or higher should not be used on any conceivable team really. In most tiers theres x Pokemon tiered into it so the VR only needs to have the "better" mons, but in AG we can use whatever we want so we essentially just created the pool of mons you should ever expect to see on any team in the VR.

I've supported Ditto rising for a long time.

Idr who said it, but yeah, sets should currently be posted on the ladder thread, this thread is strictly for things like noms.
On that topic: TI have you considered potentially merging the ladder thread with this? I feel like it is rather inactive anyways, and siphoning everybody to this thread seems like a much more productive way to have discussions. It is also more simplistic.
The threads are getting confusing enough as it is, I have to make a clear statement. Please only talk about the designated topics on this thread. It's great to see heaps of activity, but there's no reason to talk about all this stuff here. That's what the other thread is for, use it.

"Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the AG metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon."

From this definition, why is Deoxys-S in C+ tier? Obviously, for the reason stated above, Ditto is not C. (I'm pretty sure we all agree on that, don't we?) So, Deoxys-S can taunt all of the metagame before they can use status, unless the opponents are named Klefki, Mega Diancie, Sableye (Mega included), Liepard, and Arceus with Magic Coat. Deoxys-S can use magic coat on these Pokemon if it chooses to opt said move. Deoxys-S has Knock Off, which, although not as useful as it is in OU, can make your opponents struggle. It can run Dual Screen, and its bulk will increase tremendously, while giving support to its team mates. It can use Recover for longevity. It can use Stealth Rocks, T-Wave, Toxic, or even use Skill Swap against Magic Bounce. This Pokemon needs no support to function, and all it needs is to have a team that is made in order to benefit from the support it can provide. Some may argue that it is a waste of a Pokemon slot, but being one of the best leads in AG surely deserves credit. Please make this B- or above. I don't see it suffering from "...notable flaws that prevent them from being effective," "...requires significant support to be effective," or "...tends to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon."

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the AG metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon."

From this definition, why is Deoxys-S in C+ tier? Obviously, for the reason stated above, Ditto is not C. (I'm pretty sure we all agree on that, don't we?) So, Deoxys-S can taunt all of the metagame before they can use status, unless the opponents are named Klefki, Mega Diancie, Sableye (Mega included), Liepard, and Arceus with Magic Coat. Deoxys-S can use magic coat on these Pokemon if it chooses to opt said move. Deoxys-S has Knock Off, which, although not as useful as it is in OU, can make your opponents struggle. It can run Dual Screen, and its bulk will increase tremendously, while giving support to its team mates. It can use Recover for longevity. It can use Stealth Rocks, T-Wave, Toxic, or even use Skill Swap against Magic Bounce. This Pokemon needs no support to function, and all it needs is to have a team that is made in order to benefit from the support it can provide. Some may argue that it is a waste of a Pokemon slot, but being one of the best leads in AG surely deserves credit. Please make this B- or above. I don't see it suffering from "...notable flaws that prevent them from being effective," "...requires significant support to be effective," or "...tends to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon."
Rank descriptions are, in a word, fluff. They aren't specific reasons to actually change the rank of things, Deoxys should move up relative to how it wrks in the metagame, not because "it often requires support". Also, naming every niche a pokemon has isn't that useful either. Sure it can use Twave/Toxic/Recover, but honestly why would you ever do that.
I don't have much opinion on the nomination, it's not an amazing Pokemon and certainly isn't as splashable or decent as other things in B- like Mega Scizor and Latias, but it's also fairly effective as a suicide lead itself when not facing teams with a Magic Bouncer. I just think it faces a decent amount of competition from Scolipede that isn't mentioned in the nom at all. It doesnt have SR or Taunt, but speed boost and endeavor aside from potentially bluffing BP more than make up for that and it's incredibly easy to fit SR onto a team where Arceus and Groudon are absolutely everywhere. But yeah, rank descriptions and listing random things it can but won't do don't really support an argument.

Rank descriptions are, in a word, fluff. They aren't specific reasons to actually change the rank of things, Deoxys should move up relative to how it wrks in the metagame, not because "it often requires support". Also, naming every niche a pokemon has isn't that useful either. Sure it can use Twave/Toxic/Recover, but honestly why would you ever do that.
I don't have much opinion on the nomination, it's not an amazing Pokemon and certainly isn't as splashable or decent as other things in B- like Mega Scizor and Latias, but it's also fairly effective as a suicide lead itself when not facing teams with a Magic Bouncer. I just think it faces a decent amount of competition from Scolipede that isn't mentioned in the nom at all. It doesnt have SR or Taunt, but speed boost and endeavor aside from potentially bluffing BP more than make up for that and it's incredibly easy to fit SR onto a team where Arceus and Groudon are absolutely everywhere. But yeah, rank descriptions and listing random things it can but won't do don't really support an argument.
Makes sense, but I disagree on the part you said about not being decent as Mega Scizor or Latias. From my experience, all battles where I fought against this guy, with like 5 different teams, this guy was pretty big of a threat. If it didn't suffer from the 4 move slot syndrome, it would probably be S tier.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

OVERVIEW
Arceus-Ground is one of the premier Pokemon in the Anything Goes metagame, and for good reason. With a variety of sets, a good typing, and the ability to counter Primal Groudon it has a solid niche in the metagame. Sadly, it loses to some top threats, such as Kyogre, but it remains an unpredictable Pokemon and a solid bulky sweeper.

SET
name: Physical Sweeper
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Extreme Speed / Recover
item: Ground Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Swords Dance is the first move to boost your attack to sky-high levels. Earthquake is mandatory as a strong STAB that is further boosted by Earth Plate. Stone Edge is excellent coverage, hitting the many Flying-types in Anything Goes. Finally, Extreme Speed is a handy move for picking off weakened mons and doing some damage to a boosted Xerneas. Alternatively, Recover can be used to possibly go for a sweep twice and wall some weaker Pokemon and use them as set up bait.

Set Details
========
The EV spread is a very simple max/max in speed and attack, which is standard on most sweepers. Jolly is usually better to speed tie opposing Arceus, however the power boost from Adamant is useful in some cases, such as almost guaranteeing the OHKO on bulky Yveltal with Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. An alternative spread of 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe can be used in order to gain a little more bulk, while still outspeeding Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. This aids in set up, however not outspeeding Mega Rayquaza and opposing Arceus can be detrimental at times.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus-Ground should generally be brought in around mindgames to set up and bash things around. While it can sweep if necessary, it is usually more useful and creating holes for teammates to take advantage of. Good targets to set up on include Primal Groudon, Arceus-Steel, and Arceus-Poison. However, if you notice that the opposing team is rather weak to Arceus-Ground, you can save it for late game to use as a cleaner.

Team Options
========
Xerneas is a fantastic partner for Arceus-Ground as both demolish the other's checks, paving the way for one to sweep. Arceus-Fairy is another great teammate, eliminating annoying mons like Yveltal and Giratina, while it appreciates the removal of Steel-types and Fairy-types. Zekrom also works well, taking care of Lugia, Yveltal, and both formes of Kyogre and loving the ease with which Arceus-Ground dispatches its nemesis, Primal Groudon.

SET
name: Special Sweeper
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Recover
item: Earth Plate
nature: Modest
evs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Calm Mind boosts your Special Attack and Special Defense in order to attempt a sweep. Judgment is a hard-hitting STAB attack, and is generally the move you use the most. Ice Beam is for Flying-type Pokemon such as Yveltal, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, and Lugia who are immune to Judgment as well as hitting Giratina-O hard. Recover is used to allow you to heal damage done during set up and check Primal Groudon and Klefki better.

Set Details
========
Maximum Special Attack is used for wallbreaking, as sometimes you might not be able to get off a boost, so you can hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs outspeed Primal Groudon, and you can OHKO most variants with Judgment. The rest of the EVs are put in HP for more bulk. The EVs on this set are pretty customizable for the most part, as you can run maximum speed to tie opposing Arceus and outspeed Mega Rayquaza, or more invested in HP and Defense for increased bulk, which makes it easier to set up.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus-Ground should generally be brought in to sweep late game, after its checks are weakened. It can be brought in mid-game as well if you need it to check or damage certain Pokemon (Klefki and Primal Groudon come to mind), however make sure it is at a reasonable HP level when you switch it out to keep it healthy for later in the match.

Team Options
========
Arceus-Rock is a good teammate as Ho-Oh troubles this set. Bulky Water-types such as Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Water also make good teammates. Assault Vest Palkia is also a nifty teammate, checking and usually defeating or at least weakening both Kyogre and it's Primal forme.

SET
name: Support
move 1: Defog
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Judgment
evs: 248 HP / 136 SpA / 124 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Arceus-Ground is an excellent Defog user, as it resists Stealth Rock and some of the most common users can't do much to it. Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple most common Stealth Rock users, and Primal Groudon is destroyed by Judgment. Recover allows you to function as a great switchin and check to Primal Groudon and Klefki.

Set Details
========
The given Speed EVs outspeed everything up to and including Primal Groudon, and the Special Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on 248 HP / 8 SpD Primal Groudon. The remaining EVs are placed in HP, as you want to have some bulk in order to tank hits from some physical attackers and burn them.

Usage Tips
========
This Arceus-Ground should be brought in whenever necessary to remove hazards and spread burns. This usually happens around mid-game, after they have set hazards and just before you attempt to sweep with a teammate. Burning physical attackers is a great way to get sweepers in safely, either as they switch out or attack with a weakened move.

Team Options
========
Ho-Oh hardwalls this set, so Pokemon such as Arceus-Rock and Water-types such as Kyogre, Palkia, and Arceus-Water make good teammates. Defensive Pokemon such as Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Lugia appreciate the hazard removal, as Stealth Rock does a large amount to all three. Sweepers such as Xerneas and Ekiller Arceus-Normal appreciate the free switches or set up opportunities Arceus-Ground provides, as well as the crippling or removal of their checks (Primal Groudon, Arceus-Steel, and Arceus-Poison for Xerneas and Giratina, Yveltal, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn for Arceus).

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
Thunder can be used to hit Kyogre and Primal Kyogre on special attacking sets, however Ice Beam is generally preferred as coverage because of Mega Rayquaza. Stealth Rock can be used if you need a Stealth Rock setter, and Arceus-Ground is bulky enough to effectively pull off this role. Roar and Perish Song are both options to discourage evasion and Baton Pass teams. Magic Coat can be used to bounce back status used by Pokemon such as Darkrai, Smeargle, and Klefki, as well as entry hazards from the likes of Skarmory, Ferrothorn, opposing Arceus, and Primal Groudon.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Water-types**: Choice Scarf Kyogre can easily revenge kill any Arceus-Ground set with its Rain-boosted Water-type STAB attacks. Primal Kyogre can tank hits from the special set all day long, and retaliate with a strong Origin Pulse. It dislikes eating Earthquake from the physical set though. Arceus-Water is bulky enough to withstand any hit and retaliate with a Super Effective Judgment.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong takes very little damage from anything Arceus-Ground does, and can set Stealth Rock and Toxic Arceus-Ground in return.

**Flying-types**: Flying types bulky enough to handle Arceus-Ground coverage can be difficult to handle. If Multiscale is intact, Lugia can come in and Whirlwind Arceus-Ground out easily. It does take a large chunk of damage from +2 Stone Edge and +2 Ice Beam however, but it still lives and phazes Arceus-Ground, and it can switch in as it boosts. Skarmory is able to hardwalls the physical set, not being 2HKOed by +2 Stone Edge and phasing Arceus-Ground. Ho-Oh can handle the special Arceus-Ground sets with its massive special bulk, and either Whirlwind it out or attempt to get a burn with Sacred Fire. It also completely hardwalls the support set but it must watch out for Stone Edge.

**Status users**: Toxic wears all three Arceus-Ground sets down very quickly and prevents it from doing too much damage. Burn damage is slightly more manageable for the Special Sweeper and Support sets, but it is still annoying to play around and it cripples the Physical Sweeper set.

MZ

Can u make recover first slash on SD because Espeed is weak as fuck and recover is nice versus everything but xern/ogre/something that hits ridiculously hard

Why do I see 252 Speed Adamant Arceus? The speed doesn't seem to benefit anything... I usually just aim for 328 to outspeed Yveltal, a big threat to SD Arceus. I also like 330 to outspeed all Max speed 100s. Has anybody ever tried Arceus-Fire? It look interesting, as it can run SD without getting Will-O-Wisp, and use Overheat to kill threats like Skarm. (It's probably very shitty, but the idea sounds funny and interesting to try out.)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Can u make recover first slash on SD because Espeed is weak as fuck and recover is nice versus everything but xern/ogre/something that hits ridiculously hard
I think ESpeed should be the first slash, and I talked to Josh and he agreed. ESpeed is really nice for finishing off weakened mons as well as getting chip damage in on Darkrai before you get put to sleep and Xerneas/Ogre before they kill you, and it can pack a decent punch when boosted. It is also your best move to be using against MegaRay if you use the set with less speed, and it has come in useful many times for me when laddering.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.

OVERVIEW
Arceus-Ground is one of the premier Pokemon in the Anything Goes metagame, and for good reason. With a variety of sets, a good typing, and the ability to counter Primal Groudon it has a solid niche in the metagame. Sadly, it loses to some top threats, such as Kyogre, but it remains an unpredictable Pokemon and a solid bulky sweeper.

SET
name: Physical Sweeper
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Extreme Speed / Recover
item: Ground Plate
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Swords Dance is the first move to boost your attack to sky-high levels. Earthquake is mandatory as a strong STAB that is further boosted by Earth Plate. Stone Edge is excellent coverage, hitting the many Flying-types in Anything Goes. Finally, Extreme Speed is a handy move for picking off weakened mons and doing some damage to a boosted Xerneas. Alternatively, Recover can be used to possibly go for a sweep twice and wall some weaker Pokemon and use them as set up bait.

Set Details
========
The EV spread is a very simple max/max in speed and attack, which is standard on most sweepers. Jolly is usually better to speed tie opposing Arceus, however the power boost from Adamant is useful in some cases, such as almost guaranteeing the OHKO on bulky Yveltal with Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. An alternative spread of 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe can be used in order to gain a little more bulk, while still outspeeding Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. This aids in set up, however not outspeeding Mega Rayquaza and opposing Arceus can be detrimental at times.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus-Ground should generally be brought in around mindgames to set up and bash things around. While it can sweep if necessary, it is usually more useful and creating holes for teammates to take advantage of. Good targets to set up on include Primal Groudon, Arceus-Steel, and Arceus-Poison. However, if you notice that the opposing team is rather weak to Arceus-Ground, you can save it for late game to use as a cleaner.

Team Options
========
Xerneas is a fantastic partner for Arceus-Ground as both demolish the other's checks, paving the way for one to sweep. Arceus-Fairy is another great teammate, eliminating annoying mons like Yveltal and Giratina, while it appreciates the removal of Steel-types and Fairy-types. Zekrom also works well, taking care of Lugia, Yveltal, and both formes of Kyogre and loving the ease with which Arceus-Ground dispatches its nemesis, Primal Groudon.

SET
name: Special Sweeper
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment
move 3: Ice Beam
evs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Calm Mind boosts your Special Attack and Special Defense in order to attempt a sweep. Judgment is a hard-hitting STAB attack, and is generally the move you use the most. Ice Beam is for Flying-type Pokemon such as Yveltal, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, and Lugia who are immune to Judgment as well as hitting Giratina-O hard. Recover is used to allow you to heal damage done during set up and check Primal Groudon and Klefki better.

Set Details
========
Maximum Special Attack is used for wallbreaking, as sometimes you might not be able to get off a boost, so you can hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs outspeed Primal Groudon, and you can OHKO most variants with Judgment. The rest of the EVs are put in HP for more bulk. The EVs on this set are pretty customizable for the most part, as you can run maximum speed to tie opposing Arceus and outspeed Mega Rayquaza, or more invested in HP and Defense for increased bulk, which makes it easier to set up.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus-Ground should generally be brought in to sweep late game, after its checks are weakened. It can be brought in mid-game as well if you need it to check or damage certain Pokemon (Klefki and Primal Groudon come to mind), however make sure it is at a reasonable HP level when you switch it out to keep it healthy for later in the match.

Team Options
========
Arceus-Rock is a good teammate as Ho-Oh troubles this set. Bulky Water-types such as Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Water also make good teammates. Assault Vest Palkia is also a nifty teammate, checking and usually defeating or at least weakening both Kyogre and it's Primal forme.

SET
name: Support
move 1: Defog
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Judgment
evs: 248 HP / 136 SpA / 124 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Arceus-Ground is an excellent Defog user, as it resists Stealth Rock and some of the most common users can't do much to it. Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple most common Stealth Rock users, and Primal Groudon is destroyed by Judgment. Recover allows you to function as a great switchin and check to Primal Groudon and Klefki.

Set Details
========
The given Speed EVs outspeed everything up to and including Primal Groudon, and the Special Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on 248 HP / 8 SpD Primal Groudon. The remaining EVs are placed in HP, as you want to have some bulk in order to tank hits from some physical attackers and burn them.

Usage Tips
========
This Arceus-Ground should be brought in whenever necessary to remove hazards and spread burns. This usually happens around mid-game, after they have set hazards and just before you attempt to sweep with a teammate. Burning physical attackers is a great way to get sweepers in safely, either as they switch out or attack with a weakened move.

Team Options
========
Ho-Oh hardwalls this set, so Pokemon such as Arceus-Rock and Water-types such as Kyogre, Palkia, and Arceus-Water make good teammates. Defensive Pokemon such as Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Lugia appreciate the hazard removal, as Stealth Rock does a large amount to all three. Sweepers such as Xerneas and Ekiller Arceus-Normal appreciate the free switches or set up opportunities Arceus-Ground provides, as well as the crippling or removal of their checks (Primal Groudon, Arceus-Steel, and Arceus-Poison for Xerneas and Giratina, Yveltal, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn for Arceus).

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
Thunder can be used to hit Kyogre and Primal Kyogre on special attacking sets, however Ice Beam is generally preferred as coverage because of Mega Rayquaza. Stealth Rock can be used if you need a Stealth Rock setter, and Arceus-Ground is bulky enough to effectively pull off this role. Roar and Perish Song are both options to discourage evasion and Baton Pass teams. Magic Coat can be used to bounce back status used by Pokemon such as Darkrai, Smeargle, and Klefki, as well as entry hazards from the likes of Skarmory, Ferrothorn, opposing Arceus, and Primal Groudon.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Water-types**: Choice Scarf Kyogre can easily revenge kill any Arceus-Ground set with its Rain-boosted Water-type STAB attacks. Primal Kyogre can tank hits from the special set all day long, and retaliate with a strong Origin Pulse. It dislikes eating Earthquake from the physical set though. Arceus-Water is bulky enough to withstand any hit and retaliate with a Super Effective Judgment.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong takes very little damage from anything Arceus-Ground does, and can set Stealth Rock and Toxic Arceus-Ground in return.

**Flying-types**: Flying types bulky enough to handle Arceus-Ground coverage can be difficult to handle. If Multiscale is intact, Lugia can come in and Whirlwind Arceus-Ground out easily. It does take a large chunk of damage from +2 Stone Edge and +2 Ice Beam however, but it still lives and phazes Arceus-Ground, and it can switch in as it boosts. Skarmory is able to hardwalls the physical set, not being 2HKOed by +2 Stone Edge and phasing Arceus-Ground. Ho-Oh can handle the special Arceus-Ground sets with its massive special bulk, and either Whirlwind it out or attempt to get a burn with Sacred Fire. It also completely hardwalls the support set but it must watch out for Stone Edge.

**Status users**: Toxic wears all three Arceus-Ground sets down very quickly and prevents it from doing too much damage. Burn damage is slightly more manageable for the Special Sweeper and Support sets, but it is still annoying to play around and it cripples the Physical Sweeper set.
Rly nice, but after an sd it can ohko Kyogre with Adamnt imo. Sd on a switch, say from groudon to Kyogre, and then eq

MZ

252 adamant is for other arceus, just beating yveltal loses to other forms as well as adamant Megaray, mega mence, palkia, and a whole host of lower ranks not on speed tiers like mega meta and mega kanga. Arc fire is ranked and people have used it, but it's really held back by trash typing (rekt by all 3 of the hoenn trio) and lack of good physical stab meaning that it's not even a great xern check. Oh and blaziken and primal don are better. D rank is just fine
Why do I see 252 Speed Adamant Arceus? The speed doesn't seem to benefit anything... I usually just aim for 328 to outspeed Yveltal, a big threat to SD Arceus. I also like 330 to outspeed all Max speed 100s. Has anybody ever tried Arceus-Fire? It look interesting, as it can run SD without getting Will-O-Wisp, and use Overheat to kill threats like Skarm. (It's probably very shitty, but the idea sounds funny and interesting to try out.)
Edit: ok about slot, not too concerned I just don't like how weak it is. Honestly magic coat seems like a p decent option for keys and darkrai too (not suggesting slot, just had the idea)

Edit 2: dusk raimon you can say multiple things in 1 post you know

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Um, idk if this thread works with reservances, but if it does can I reserve SLOWBRO megas analysis?
You're supposed to PM Josh, read the OP ;~;

Has anybody ever tried Arceus-Fire? It look interesting, as it can run SD without getting Will-O-Wisp, and use Overheat to kill threats like Skarm. (It's probably very shitty, but the idea sounds funny and interesting to try out.)
It seems okay from my usage of it, can check Xerneas as well which is kinda nice. I think many dismiss it because of its weakness to Ground attacks which are extremely prevalent in AG. I'd have to test again to be honest, Dying to the top 3 in usage isn't a great trait to have tho.

You're supposed to PM Josh, read the OP ;~;

It seems okay from my usage of it, can check Xerneas as well which is kinda nice. I think many dismiss it because of its weakness to Ground attacks which are extremely prevalent in AG. I'd have to test again to be honest, Dying to the top 3 in usage isn't a great trait to have tho.
That's why I thought it would be "Funny to use." Seriously, please try it.

Adeleine

Drifblim AG Analysis, Written by TheTiksiBranch, Q/Cd by Megazard

Overview

Drifblim is the only Pokemon in existence bar Smeargle that can Baton pass Minimize, the most effective evasion-boosting move. Its stats, besides HP, range from average to poor, but this move combination gives it one advantage and one niche in the AG tier. Drifblim is seen as a member on full Baton Pass chain teams and passing these large evasion boosts, making both itself and its teammates more difficult to hit. It and its chain are not unstoppable, though. Common strategies to defeat Baton Pass in general are also problematic for Drifblim. Due to its completely one dimensional nature and lack of offensive presence, Drifblim is generally a poor choice in the AG tier, but it definitely still has use on certain teams.

Set

Name: MiniPass
Move 1: Minimize
Move 2: Baton Pass
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Magic Coat
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Set Comments

Moves
========
The one goal of this set is to Baton Pass evasion boosts, so Minimize and Baton Pass are essential. Substitute allows Drifblim to set up insurance for itself and its teammates in case an opposing Pokemon lands a strong hit despite the evasion boosts, and Substitutes passed by a base 150 HP Pokemon are quite bulky if the recipient has decent defenses. They also prevent moves such as status, but be careful: Roar, Whirlwind, and Taunt bypass Substitute. Magic Coat allows you to avoid the moves that bypass Substitute with prediction. It is also useful against fast support and status Pokemon such as Darkrai if teammates have not given Drifblim speed, prankster Pokemon such as Klefki who will always outspeed Drifblim with their non damaging moves, and users of other disruptive moves including Roar, such as Arceus and Lugia.

Set Details
========
The EVs for this set maximize HP and Speed. High HP allows Drifblim to survive as much damage it can't evade, and high speed allows it to Substitute, Minimize, and Baton Pass before the opponent can act as much as possible. Timid nature boosts speed further, and Drifblim is not negatively affected by a drop in its attack. This EV Spread and nature allow Drifblim to outspeed base 90s such as Groudon Primal with 252 EVs in Speed but with a non-beneficial nature, as well as all Smeargle. Leftovers passively heal Drifblim, helping it survive hits and create more Substitutes. Drifblim has no ability that greatly helps it, but Aftermath has marginal use if Drifblim is KOd.

Usage Tips
========
How you should use Drifblim depends on what boosts you have already passed to it. Drifblim appreciates having as many boosts as possible passed to it, but so does every other Pokemon, and it's impossible for every Pokemon to begin battling with every boost already equipped. That being said, Drifblim does strongly benefit from defensive and speed boosts. Defensive boosts allow Drifblim to set up Substitutes and Minimizes with less worry, because even if it is hit despite evasion, it is more likely to still survive to set up more Minimizes and Substitutes, making Drifblim harder to hit again. Baton Passed Speed boosts allow Drifblim to outspeed Pokemon including Darkrai, Rayquaza Mega and Arceus, allowing it to set up Minimizes and Substitutes before their attacks and status moves. Be careful of switching in on Pokemon who can use moves like Taunt and Whirlwind, as you cannot use Magic Coat on switching, and these Pokemon can break the chain if you switch into them. Be wary setting up when you face Pokemon that commonly carry abilities such as Unaware or moves such as Haze.

Team Options
========
Drifblim’s teammates will almost always be those well suited to play on a full BP chain. Smeargle can BP Ingrain and defensive boosts, preventing phazing and helping Drifblim take hits. It can also incapacitate a Pokemon with Spore, easing set-up. Scolipede can pass speed boosts as well as Iron Defense. Mr Mime’s typing and Soundproof ability prevent attempts to phaze the chain if Ingrain hasn't been set up. Magic Bounce Pokemon like Diancie Mega can rebuff status, taunts, and most phazing that Drifloon cannot switch into. You'll also need a final recipient to receive all the chain’s boosts, of which there are many.

Strategy Comments

Other Options
=============
Any other set besides MiniPass will be completely outclassed by somebody else in the AG tier, especially considering Drifblim’s terrible defenses and mediocre speed. Other ghost types for other roles include Giratina and Arceus Ghost. Unburden boosts Drifblim’s speed, but this boost cannot be passed, and any consumable item is outperformed by Leftovers. Drifblim can pass Focus Energy or Amnesia alongside Minimize, but Drifblim would sorely miss Substitute or Magic Coat. The former provides insurance in case of a hit as well as blocks status and the latter deals with what Substitute can't, including Taunt and Whirlwind. Shadow Ball off a base 90 Special Attack prevents you from being total Taunt bait, but you should never really be attacking anyways, it isn't too powerful, and you can Magic Coat Taunt. Clear Smog is intriguing to stop set up sweepers and other Baton Pass chains, but Drifblim just really doesn't have space. Clear Smog works better on more generally viable Pokemon such as Gengar-Mega.

Checks and Counters
===================
Prankster Users: Prankster users can Taunt Drifblim past Substitute, rendering it useless and forcing it to switch. They can also set up Substitute and use other non-damaging moves to further incapacitate your team’s Pokemon. Drifblim’s only way to stop these Pokemon is Magic Coat.

Phazers: Phazers can force Drifblim forfeit its boosts with moves such as Whirlwind and Haze. Drifblim can use Magic Coat or Baton Pass to Soundproof Mr. Mime to counter this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)