Annoying Breeding Moments

Hidden Power breeding is very annoying sometimes. Try breeding for HP Ice anything, and like 1/2 of all your good IV pokes have HP Dragon or Dark. Its really annoying. I find myself screaming + or - 1 def!

everstone passes on the trait of the female 50% of the time? yeah, for lucky people.

but in the 10 abras i hatched a few days ago, 0 of them were timid.
Sometimes for me, sometimes not. It's really annoying when I hatch like 20 eggs and 3 of them have the right nature (in my case it was Gibles).

Also, Gamefreak and their stupid gender ratios. Breeding for Lucarios is fun except when you're forced to Ditto breed because none of your goddam babies are female.
At least you get the right natures >_>;; Even with the everstone, I'm lucky if I get ONE right nature within 30 tries. It got to the point where I checked three times to make sure that the female was holding it.

But that's not the most frustrating thing that's happened to me. Pain Split Spiritomb... I was breeding for a good female to pass the nature down to (see above) and after I finally did that, I start breeding. Well the first SEVEN eggs I hatched lacked Pain Split! Maybe I'd forgotten to pull out the eggs? Well, that's impossible. I'd already dumped the remaining ones in the box. So seven eggs later, I *finally* start getting Pain Split to show up. That was frustrating. I don't even understand why it wasn't working. But then, after that, it was hell getting a Relaxed one. Don't even think about IVs...

when i was breeding in emerald, getting the abilities was kinda difficult.

But the most annoying moment was hatching pokes who got the wrong nature or abilities (for about 15 abras, 7 of them were adamant and Synchronize, 3 of them were Docile and Inner Focus, 4 of them were a mix of Naughty and Quiet) and one had the perfect things...but a zero in SPECIAL ATTACK! argh!

I find it really annoying how there's always one stat that you need that you don't get (it's usually HP for me), and there's another stat that you don't need that gets the IV you need in the first stat.

Just for me it is nature obtaining. Ugh, what I would give for a Timid, Adamant, Jolly and Modest ditto with good ev's!

You have no idea.
I breed in Sapphire. No Everstone, Magma Armor, or even Ditto. Lovely. Still I have random nice Nosepass running all over the place (I was breeding for HPIce) and managed to get a 31/26/30/30/31/31 Timid Castform with HPWater (Pretty much only useful on the Ice form, but it's not like Castform can use a lot of HPs with that huge movepool) another Castform that might be 5-31 (But is Careful) and another Docile 4 31 that I use as a parent.
Expectably, this took a lot of time.

I don't know if this has happened to everyone else, but I use the Day Care App. to see when I have an egg. Unfortunately, after about 10 or so eggs it stops working, so I have to go check myself :-/.

This is exactly why I don't get people can invest so many time in the daunting task that is breeding.
I invested in an Action Replay. I have to say, 'breeding' Pokemon has never been easier! It may be cheating, but my god, I just stopped enjoying the games once I started learning about breeding for stuff.

I don't know if this has happened to everyone else, but I use the Day Care App. to see when I have an egg. Unfortunately, after about 10 or so eggs it stops working, so I have to go check myself :-/.
You have to tap it to make it reset; I tap mine every five seconds... well, I did before I got so frustrated, I bought an AR.

I was breeding Heracross, and I get a sweet Adamant Male with 31 attack and speed... and swarm. The real crotchpunch came after, when the next baby did indeed have the same IV's and guts, but was Modest. I hate breeding sometimes.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Seconding the Hidden Power breeding.

God, why doesn't the game just randomizes an even Defense? I have plenty of Ralts and Misdreavus and [whatever else] that doesn't have something like HP 68+ because of one Defense point -_- While the Attack is even...

And sometimes I forgot to pick the egg (I do soft-resetting) and starts racing without it too, lol. At least I don't breed for Bagons anymore.

And when you don't have any more Rare Candies and just one Exp. Share, it turns out somewhat annoying to check the IV's. Good thing is, at level 10, mostly all stats for the majority of the pokémon will be 30-31 at their highest (for instance, a Ralts with 30 IV SAtk will have 17 stat, while a 29 IV will have 16).

Breeding Lucario is simply annoying in general. Riolu is considered a pre-evolution in regards that it can't breed, and yet you get them every time you breed Lucario. This means every time you hatch one that you want to breed again, you have to go through the annoying process of maxing it's happiness and evolving it in the daytime. No 'baby becomes the mother/father immediately' stuff here.

Getting egg moves on one was also a serious pain in the ass.

I hate trying to breed a Chancey for Aromatherapy! I can't use a Male Chancey w/ Aromatheropy and a Bold Ditto, I have to use a fucking Female Chancey w/ JACK SHIT and a male Cherium (I think thats it) w/ Aromathorpy and after 20 eggs, no BOLD or like 3 bold with shit IVs!

Breeding Lucario is simply annoying in general. Riolu is considered a pre-evolution in regards that it can't breed, and yet you get them every time you breed Lucario. This means every time you hatch one that you want to breed again, you have to go through the annoying process of maxing it's happiness and evolving it in the daytime. No 'baby becomes the mother/father immediately' stuff here.

Tell me about it. I'm going for HP Ice, and it's proving really fucking annoying. It's gonna take a miracle to get a female with perfect speed, special attack and special defense. My chances aren't good at all...

I hatched a 31/30/31/22/14/31 Adamant Magikarp.
Atk was random, HP was random, Def was from the father, Spd was from the mother, and SA was random. The 14 in SDef was from the mother. Had it gotten it's father's SDef IV, I would have a 31/30/31/22/31/31 Magikarp.

synchonize breeding is annyoing, when i breed for a naive one it took me litterally a few hundred eggs to get a naive one. i had every nature except naive -.-

now i need to breed for six pokemon i'm more relaxed with ivs so i don't always go for flawless, just at least 27.

"they seem to get along very well" and it takes forever for the egg to come!! He LIES to meh!
So, so true.

I had the same problem when I was breeding my Pikachu's. For anyone that hasn't realised, I found the easiest way was to breed two projects at a time, and keep and Parents-to-be Pichu's in my party to get happy while I bound back and forth breeding, in this case, Anoriths.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Breeding timid Misdreavus', With An everstone Ditto. In 20 eggs, NO Timid one at all, then I took out the Misdreavus and put in a lucario and I got 7 timid eggs,and they were the first 7 I recieved!

Lucario is hands down the hardest Pokemon to breed in the game.

- Hatched version is in the No Egg group

- Happiness evolution required to breed further

- Evolution can only occur during specific hours in the day

- 12.5% chance of female

- 2 possible abilities (thankfully their nearly identical)

Right now I've got my Alert to Sounds Riolu that I'm looking to breed with my max attack Ditto. Any suggestions for evolving it quickly that don't involve spending a fortune on Vitamins?

I had to hatch 187 Slakoth eggs before I got the correct nature I wanted. Not HP value. Not specific IV values. Just the right nature.

Any suggestions for evolving it quickly that don't involve spending a fortune on Vitamins?
I have 2 suggestions;

~I used this method while evolving a Togepi - Go to the Fuego Ironworks, and find a long strip ending in a panel going back the other way. If you tape down your D-Pad and leave it overnight, while letting the Riolu hold a Soothe Bell, it's happiness should be large enough to evolve by morning. You just level, and it's done.

~I found while carrying a CHansey while I EV'ed another Pokemon, that it evolved quite quickly while I walked, though I don't know how effective this is. By the time I finished EV'ing/Pokerus transferring, I levelled her to Blissey in one battle.

In pursuit of the perfect aerodactyl baby I hatched over 20...hatchlings then got high and forgot to save the game b4 my GBA ran out of batteries(yes this was in Emerald)... and all the babies disappeared into cyber nothingness...
...as a kite

I've got the same issue right now, I'm breeding for Pichu. On average, just battling with it while holding a Soothe Bell, it takes till level 22 - 25 to evolve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)