Ability Exchange (AE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I've been playing a lot of AE recently and testing a LOT. So far I have 5 teams but they always come back to one thing: Alakazam. It is seriously the most powerful thing in this tier and if you don't use it or at least have a check to it you're screwed. Also RMT:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Standard Zam set. 1.7x power from SF/LO on all of these moves plus it's amazing speed lets it kill most of the tier in one or two shots. (Combining this with SS Smeargle with Illusion from Zoroark it can 6-0 teams ezpz)

Conkeldurr @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Payback

This is such a great set as it can be switched in on a lot of common walls like Cress, Ferro and Heatran and not care about their status or damage. Poison heal from Gliscor is amazing and allows it to beat every other Conk set except Analytic.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

On its own it's a great physical wall which stops Victini and Darm dead in their tracks and pokes holes in any Heatran dumb enough to not run Levitate. Its real use to the team comes from its contribution to Conk and its synergy with Slowbro.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

This is objectively the best Cube set. Everything else is shit. Seriously, run this set, it's amazing.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Fire Blast

Stops pretty much every single special attacker in the tier in their tracks, checks Zam well and fills in my Keldeo weakness nicely. It can also sweep teams without an Unaware user (which is shockingly rare) easily. Seeing people trying to Toxic this is hilarious (I once had one guy Synchronise my Magic Guard and then Toxic me)

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Kind of a loose end on the team. It exists only to wallbreak things that Conk, Zam and Cube can't do on their own but it's a great Mold breaker user to destroy Thick Fat/Levitators and it provides much needed priority to my team since I don't run any on Conk.

I'm currently 6-1 with this team on my laddering alt Luck BCJ hoping to beat Bee Baka once I finish my provisionals.
Neat team.
A decent rain offense will punch holes if you aren't careful Keldeo's Hydro Pump hits even Slowbro pretty hard so watch out for that.
I like the mindgames illusion Smeargle plays but you'll have to watch out for rocks and stuff.

Edit for 300th reply get :^)

Last edited:
Nice team BCJ. 2 physically defensive walls seems redundant. Slowking might suit you better idk.
Something I have considered to be cool is Zen Mode Mew. Seriously. It could have fire blast with STAB once hit low enough, and roost to bring it back to Mew. It gets raised SPecAt and defenses which is great. Mew can also calm mind until it becomes DarmZ and then sweep it up. Something to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)