Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
After re-reading through (More thoroughly) this thread, and the two links Metal Sonic gave - I'm certain that he is Villager. (idk if it's a power role or not)

For now, I'll change my vote to Lynch celever
I'm not the best analyser ever, but celever is the only one I can feasibly justify within my own mind. He's constantly on the defensive about any accusations thrown towards him and is quick to jump to conclusions.

I'm pretty much neutral to everyone else now, I've got no reason to suspect anyone else with the limited information given - neither am I terribly experienced in analysing people I don't know well using a limited number of posts and accusations.
Just saying but if you read the RNG NOC I'm always quick to jump to conclusions.
On that note I thought that vigilantes only came into play later in the game but maybe not? Honestly I can see this as an excuse for Barty to stay late-game just so that we can see him use this role, however I want to direct attention to the OP: "And I cannot emphasise this rule enough: You cannot reveal your role name (character) or any flavour which would imply your role name. You can, however, reveal your ability."
@barty the beetle , what is your ability?
@Houndoomsday I am checking here and we need no vote count. The only changes from the last vote count, which had Barty at L-2, was me unvoting Barty and Metal Sonic voting him, and FireMage getting a vote and I getting a vote, but Barty is still at L-2. Whilst I agree with you that sending him to L-1 is silly(I'm one of the players in the game who may wish to do so, but I won't for now) it is something to note.

Also this is quite late but Aura Guardian said that he would love an inspect on me, I would too since it would clean me ;).
Spiffy what you want is coming up... for the second time...

Celever

i am town
@barty the beetle what the hell are you talking about
Basically he is saying he is useless until later in the game. He also says he doesn't know how to act under pressure, but if you don't say anything why would we not lynch you? Say something and it might clean yourself, otherwise we could lose an important role. And besides, just tell us what your role is, if it is a good role and if we have a safeguard he will probably protect you from a night kill.

ah ok, i thought he was saying that he was just a vanillager and got really confused because he had claimed PR.

agreeing with celever though, you need to post what your role does asap. im not going to repeat why you are scummy but yeah you are easily the scummiest in my eyes

Celever

i am town
I might be over-thinking things here but @barty the beetle has pretty successfully distracted everyone in the village in the last 36 hours or so away from scumhunting and onto him. This is only good for the mafia, which is another point of scumminess towards himself. I say we just move on from barty for now; when he posts what we want that's great, if he doesn't post at all bring him to L-1 later, if he self-hammers the village is still one-up on the mafia, which can only be good for us.

@Spiffy I know I need to get that stuff done but as I am on holiday it appears I am going to be caught up now until later, but if I can find enough time to read through the thread and everything I will.

Celever

i am town
Actually you know what, I'm just going to accept the flip-flop and say that I handled the pressure badly and started accusing you of things that you didn't really do. Unlynch Spiffy

You saying "Actually, you know what" made me think you were changing your mind and just avoiding the trouble of answering me by unvoting.

I look forward to it!

Celever

i am town
Honestly I want some more opinions on what I do with my vote, mainly because I don't want to seem responsible for a mislynch. I mean the guy has claimed a power role, yes, I would assume it a fake power role, but is it worth the risk?

get talking barty

i want a full role claim, as well as an explanation for your noob play, and vague power role claim d1, (even if you are village it screams mafia kill me!)

probably will post some other scum reads in a day or so because i think we are def starting to tunnel

Celever

i am town
I'm honestly not sure if barty has this thread watched, so i'm just going to tag @barty the beetle here.
Talk. You are of a similar time zone to me so I have no idea why you are not talking today. It's been almost 9 hours since your last post, and while this day has pretty much had 4 people talking in it you are at L-1.This means that another vote on you will kill you and we will lose a power role, or so you claim.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Sorry for being absent, it's been a crazy couple of days: I totaled my car, my mom went to the hospital for surgery (unrelated to car incident), I've been called into work 3 times, it's just not been fun.

Anyway, to summarize barty: he claimed to be a "vanilla villager" and also that he has "something that comes into use later." It seems like he has something that confused him in his role PM (as is apparently supposed to be secret), and needed to talk to Eagle to clarify it, to which he was made aware that he is just vanilla "for now." I'm willing to believe him, but I'd like to hear what he has to say about it. @barty the beetle if you really aren't allowed to talk about something, perhaps you can clarify that your post doesn't break any rules by sending a draft to Eagle first? We certainly don't need a villager to get gotkilled D1 again...

This celever suspicion seems somewhat warranted. I agree that he's been getting defensive and jumping to conclusions (vigilante what??), but I'm sticking to my earlier observation that this is how he seems to play. Granted I'm a lot more inclined to believe that he is scum now, so my official read is going to be very slight scum.

Now that I am at a computer I can respond properly!

Celever said:
Those reads were ok, fairly shallow, however. I want to point out here that you have been digging at me the whole. Damn. GAME. I'm a new player of mafia, this is my second game, of course I am going to slip up under pressure. I am going to slip up with an experienced player digging at me with questions like you are giving me, this is really frickin' difficult for me to justify myself and personally I think I am doing OK.
@Celever: First of all, I don't get what you mean when you say my reads were "shallow". If you're expecting post by post analysis, I don't have the patience to do it and analyzing each post individually doesn't accomplish anything. Hence, I summarized my view on each player. And it looks to me like you are trying to garner sympathy by playing the victim. All I have done is point out the flaws in your logic, and your scummy behavior. YOU'RE the one telling lies about ME, so if anything I should play the victim (lol like I'd ever do that). I'm sorry if you genuinely feel this way but when I see scummy behavior I'm not going to ignore it.

And you have posted multiple times since you said you'd get back to my questions, so what's the hold up?

Anyway, this barty lynch has been handled very poorly. I understand that it is mostly his fault for being so vague about his role, but a lot of us have tunneled barty so hard that there exists pretty much no other lynch option. What happens when he claims? Everyone will unvote and we'll be back to square one. I still think it's too early to have someone (especially a claimed power role...) at L-1 when we could have several votes on multiple players and get responses from all of our suspects.

I don't get @Houndoomsday and @Metal Sonic's sudden push to have barty L-1'd, and how they basically forced Celever to vote for him. Well, I guess I see their reasoning, but bullying someone to vote for someone else doesn't sit well with me and doesn't seem village-motivated.

Hello. Just posting to say that:

1) In my current stat of mind, I can't make too much sense of recent developments, aside from a general impression that barty has become even more scummy.
2) As soon as I'm able to make sense of it, I'll try
3) When my headache is closer to gone, I'll start working on those three further reads that I promised.

Votecount 1.4 - Lagging Behind

barty the beetle: (6) Marquis, Blackhawk11, Celever, Woodchuck, Houndoomsday, Celever, Metal Sonic, Celever L-1
Celever: (2) Spiffy, Spiffy, FireMage
FireMage: (1) barty the beetle, Aura Guardian, Celever, Jalmont

Jalmont: (1) Marquis, Spiffy, Celever, barty the beetle, Metal Sonic, Celever
Aura Guardian: (1) Marquis, Solar Vapor, Blackhawk11, Spiffy
Solar Vapor: (0) Houndoomsday, Jalmont
No Lynch: (0) FireMage
Blackhawk11: (0) barty the beetle, Celever
Woodchuck: (0) Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Metal Sonic: (0) Woodchuck, Spiffy, Houndoomsday
Spiffy: (0) Celever, Celever
Marquis: (0) Jalmont Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday

Not voting: Aura Guardian

Snaquaza has subbed in for Marquis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)