wsc 29

RODAN

Banned deucer.
~*~The Smogon Weekly SpritingContest~*~

Because random symbols can make anything look better
16rmfk.jpg

Officially approved by Firestorm and Doomsday

Banner by jumpluff

Welcome one, welcome all to the one and only Smogon WSC! A Spiritng Contest (And Possibly an Art Contest if we can be bothered to make one) for all you aspiring digital artists to compete and improve your abilities.

This Week's Theme: TOO WEAK

Description: a fusion that must contain: kakuna, metapod, magikarp, cascoon, silcoon, and regigigas
'must include these but can other things'

Credit goes to Ninjabait - in effect as of Week 5:

General Rules

1. All Smogon Forum Rules Apply.

2. You're not allowed to ask when the next contest will be out, or when the next poll will be up.

3. If your entry is turned down, no whining, it broke the rules, get over it.

4. Stealing artwork is prohibited. If you are found to be stealing, you will be disqualified and banned from the current WSC contest, banned for five WSCs after two instances, and permanetly banned after three instances.

5. Have a question, or want to suggest a rule or theme? Feel free to post in the current WSC or PM a judge about it.

6. You are not allowed to reserve spots. There is not a limited amount of entries, and this just clogs up the thread with postcount++ posts, which are spam, if you haven't figured.

7. This isn't a comment thread. Quoting a sprite just to say that it looks good and contributing nothing to the topic, this is counted as spam. Constructive Criticism is exceptable, however.

8. If you have a problem, take it to PM. We don't want you spamming up the topic.

9. Please don't disrupt this thread (i.e. asking stupid questions repeatedly, trolling, etc). Repeated offenses can get you temporary bans from the WSC.

Pariticipation Rules

1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the top of the first post.

2. All entries should fit the size restraints. A DPPHGSS styled sprite is 80x80, a GSCRSEFRLG styled sprite is 64x64, and a RBYG styled sprite is 54x54.

3. We'd prefer if your entry has a transparent background. It is still acceptable for a white background, though, it's just not preferred. If you want to make a sprite transparent, use the programs Paint.NET, Graphics Gale, GIMP, www.iaza.com, or Adobe Photoshop. MS Paint cannot make something transparent.

4. All entries should be saved as a .png for not animated weeks, and a .gif for animated weeks. .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg distort the qualit of the image, and program exclusive files cannot be uploaded to Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.

5. As a note about editing your entries: Editing is allowed, but only in small doses, such as small touch-ups to the outline, changing the colors, or shading fixes are acceptable. Completely changing your entry is not allowed.

Judge and Voting Rules and Notes

1. If you want to be a judge, just ask - simple enough. You will become a judge if all the other judges decide so, and/or if a judge doesn't mind subbing out.

2. Judges are allowed to enter the contests, but during judging, they are not allowed to nominate themselves for a poll spot, most humorous, or most original.

3. You are not allowed to vote for yourself on the poll. Anyone caught doing this will have their entry for the poll revoked, and the next runner up in the voting to take their place.

The Current Roster of Judges is:
Igor, XandZero2, Dhjona, Fuzzberry, Dogfish44 and AndroidEdd

Deadline

The deadline is March 24 2010 at 4:30PM EST. You have six (6) days to get your entry in. After the deadline, judges will pick finalists, and a poll will be started over the course of 3 days to decide the winner.

Prizes

-An inclusion in the Hall of Fame, and after 1, 2, 3, or 4 wins, you will get a medal, or trophy

Not the best I've made, nor I am really proud, since I know I suck at fusions, however, I think it looks funny, so here is my entry:
picture.php

I used all of the pokemons and 2 more.

I felt I had to put this out there. I feel that the last few WSC's have limited artists creativity waay too much. In particular this week, last week and week 26. Forcing people to use 6 pokemon in a fusion, there is not very much room for creativity. This is not meant to be criticising, im just saying that maybe the themes should be a little bit more...open.

Not really, just look at regigigas, he is so flexible.
My fusion's legs are the yellow circles in the shoulders.
And you can add details that are minimal, almost unoticable.

You are missing the point. Look at the first WSC. You could retype ANY pokemon to ANY type (bar steel and dark). Every entry was extremely different and original. Compare that to this WSC. Everyone except you has used Regigigas as a base, and they are different, but there is not the wide range of sprites to choose from like in the first WSC. The polls for me will even worth voting in at this point, because almost everything looks so similar.

i am doing no repeats, so the contests will only get more limiting as time goes on

I will try to make them easier in the future though

I think Arbok week and Cacturne week were pretty cool, maybe some more like those?

Then we could have a proper disguises week since the earlier one wasn't actually disguises :P

EDIT: I could always team up with Skymin_Flower to come up with themes!

Also I don't think you should do triathlon weeks, split them into 3 seperate weeks. Because sometimes one sprite is really good but the others suck :P

Moan Moan Moan about lack of creativity. Like Pastel, I used 8 mon. Somehow.
Also, why not repeat the first week? By far the first few weeks were the best, most artistic.
f9obj6.png

Persian Base
Cacnea for mouth
Scratched Teeth
Cascoon for Tounge Color
Silcoon For the eyes
Metapod for green stripes
Kakuna for The base, orange, stripes
Regigigas for the gem size up, and coloring
Magikarp for the tongue
12 Doctors and Nurses for giving me my mental sanity pills.

aaafin2753149897-iaza.png

Should I take the Metakuna off the bottom? Is it easy to see I included all the Pokemon (like the shrubs on top from Regigigas and the fins from Magikarp). And does it count for Cascoon using his colors on Silcoon?

Anyways, it's supposed to be a royal Silcoon/Cascoon fusion with a bush shaped like a cocoon on her crown (and some moss on her; she's not that tidy) with a Metakuna as a thrown...and a sled!

Yeah, weird and no one's gonna like it, but I will! (Can I at least get Most Original for not using Regigigas as a base.

There are also some Regigigas-like stripes (like on its arms) on the body using shiny colors instead of normal ones. And I just edited a part of the bush that looked funny.

How about a week where...
- Each spriter who wants to participate lists X pokmeon in the main thread.
- X random spriter "teams" are made
- Each team must use their combined choices, or their partner's choices to make a fusion

The best team wins :D

My first entry to one of these, I hope I do well. Stiff competition XD
wtc29final.png

By null at 2010-03-23
Regigigas: Base
Kakuna: Come at the top of his head (it fit's better with this design than the one on the base Regigigas
Metapod: Sides of Torso
Cascoon: Most of the spikes and the eye
Silcoon: Some of the spikes
Magikarp: Moss hanging off of him came from Magikarp's whiskers

My first entry to one of these, I hope I do well. Stiff competition XD
wtc29final.png

By null at 2010-03-23
Regigigas: Base
Kakuna: Come at the top of his head (it fit's better with this design than the one on the base Regigigas
Metapod: Sides of Torso
Cascoon: Most of the spikes and the eye
Silcoon: Some of the spikes
Magikarp: Moss hanging off of him came from Magikarp's whiskers
This is waaay too big, it has to be 80x80. It would be a shame if you couldn't enter, it's a nice sprite.

here is mine:
took the weak pokemon, made it into a racket with alot of spikes
wanted to add some electricity between the spikes and the hands but I know that doesn't come out nice with a 'almost' white backgorund
weak1933070901-iaza.gif

ok this week is closed!

EDIT: Nevermind, it is looking like crap right now so I'm not going to enter. I thought it was coming together but after coming back from work and looking at it it needs more work than I thought it did lol. I'll just save my energy for week 30's

Heh heh heh, Sonic...

wscmetalsonic1370958558-iaza.png

Why so slow?

(All Pokemon listed (Silcoon and Cascoon were used as spikes, though Silcoon was ALSO this guy's face...)+Gyara's HG/SS sprite.)

Back